July 31, 2014 | 1012 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am NC30 with combination skin. I use "Medium Beige" which is the exact shade.

Pros:
    - Medium coverage
    - Lasts all day
    - Value for money
    - Didn't break me out
    - Packaging pretty sturdy - I dropped it on tile floor and it didn't even crack

Cons:
    - Hard to find exact shade - it wasn't yellow-based enough for me
    - Photographs wierd - white cast sometimes, looks patchy or powdery other times
    - Can look really "made-up" and cakey if not extra careful
    - Because it is heavy, I avoid wearing it during the day
    - No pump sucks
    Overall - it is a decent drugstore foundation, but because it lacks in versatility, I wouldn't purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Active Light, SPF 15, SPF 6, and I have tried the Mousse.

I really like AL. It has great SPF of 25. It wears forever and ever. It is very, very sheer, so I also use the other CS foundations for more coverage. This is a great summer foundation. Great stuff. I have Buff.

I also have the SPF 15 for normal/dry. I have very oily skin, but use this foundation. It works great for me and I prefer it to the oily/combo version. Great SPF, medium coverage. It finishes better and the look is more natural as the day goes on. I bought it in Buff.

I sometimes use my SPF 6 for combo/oily. It is good, too, but I find it gets blotchier after a few hours of wear. I like the SPF 15 better, but they are very, very similar products. I have it in, you guessed it, Buff.

Finally, I tried the Mineral Mousse at least twice. I bought the Fair and the Fair Light. The color was off and the product seemed cakier than the regular or AL versions. I returned it both time to the DS.

Oily-skinned people: You need to try these foundations! They work great and I am very happy with them. I have tried tons of products that claim to be for oily skin, but these products are my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sss215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the coverage was great and it was long wearing, but I could not get passed the smell since its on my face and near my nose, I had to return it.

I can't even remember the color I purchased. I wish I did cause if you are NW45 or darker in MAC that some of the darker colors in Revlon color stay can run a little red.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by thalsen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

hey there :)
    i just decided that i'm going to write a review on this gorgeous foundation, because it is really worth it!
    let me explain about my skin; my skin is...hard to describe. i hardly ever break out on my t-zone, more likely on my cheeks, especially during the time i'm on my period (sry if that's too much info). but most of the time my skin looks good. my main problem are not pimples, but rather, that in summer (don't have that problem in winter, in winter my skin is normal to dry) i tend to get oily around my nose and on my cheeks (right under the eyearea). i just hate that oily shine that causes my make-up to slip of. so i needed something to matt me down.
    what i look for in a foundation is: a mattening effect, to control oil and shine, for it to stay on veeery long, buildable coverage and waterproof would be nice too :P yeah right, what i needed was a miracle xD
    i told the lady at the store all these things and she gave me the clinique superfit make-up, which i love too, will repurchase it, but use it in winter only, when i don't have the oily-skin-problem, because it doesn't help with that (but it's still a very great foundation and definetely worth to try out!). My Kett powder doesn't help to control the shine either, and primers do nothing for me (no pore shrinking, no lasting longer, just a waste of money :P only exception are eyeshadow primers).
    so i heard about the revlon foundation for combo/oily skin on youtube. it's not available in austria, so i had to order it from germany, and since i couldn't check out the colors and colormatch (pictures of swatches didn't help a lot), i ordered the foundation in natural tan (my skin is taned, but i just thought it would still be too dark for me and it was) and a lighter color - sand beige. when i mix those two together i get my perfect skin color :)
    when i used this foundation for the first time, i thought it was a mistake to buy it. it felt sticky and smelled weird, i also thought it was too heavy. but now...i just love it.
    i do not think it is hard too blend, as many people described it to be, works perfectly when you apply with (clean) fingers and blend. it dries in faster than any other foundation i ever used (mac's face and body foundation, ketts hydro foundation blabla the list goes on and on), so i apply a bit of it too my cheeks, forehead and chin and blend it all over my face. you don't have to hurry, just apply evenly without falling asleep and it'll blend well :P i tried applying it with my artdeco foundation brush and with my Mac 188, it looked streaky with both.
    it feels sticky first, but give it 2 minutes and it'll dry in and stay there the whooole day long. i applied it in the morning, came home in the evening, i swear it still looked super good. and the best thing about it: no shine, no oil, i didn't have to redo it or add more powder (after applying i waited 2mins so it would really set and then added powder very lightly, stippling it on with my mac 182 -, stippling, not rubbing because i think that gives a very cakey and a "see-i'm-wearing-make-up" like effect and you just wanna look like a natural beauty right :D).
    i read complains about how it does not come off when you try to wash it off. isn't that great? meaning its waterproof wooohoo. i have to wash my face twice (i'm using gatineau moderactive gel make-up remover which is the beeest), to get all of it off. and i like the fact that the foundation does not come off easily!
    the packaging annoys me. it needs a pump. and i'm hopefully going to find one that'll fit -_-
    revlons colorstay foundation has a beautiful finish, doesn't look as if you're wearing a lot of make-up but covers blemishes and discoloration super.
    i used it for 2 weeks now, on a nearly daily basis, it does not break me out or cause irritation to my skin.
    i got compliments on how "flawless" my skin looks from strangers when really it isn't, but revlon makes your complexion look great.
    what else is there to say? go give it a try. the price is fair, i'm just a bit upset that i have to order it from germany.
    sry for spelling mistakes or bad english, greets from austria :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ruwet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin an i struggled to find a review of this foundation the dry/combination so i thought i would give my review. I absoultey love this foundation, after watching millions of youtubers raving about it i had to give it ago. First off the coverage is amazing, one thin layer is quite full coverage, but you can do it again for maxium coverage. I didn't even need consealer with it.!
    As for my dry skin, i didn't notice it cakeing or drying out my problem dry areas.
    It literally lasted all day an night.
    This is the ONLY foundation where i haven't needed to apply powder over the top to 'set' it.
    It really is amazing.
    The only downside is you have to work really fast when appling it, but once you've master the application you'll be sweet.
    I recommend using your fingers to apply as it warm the foundation mking it easier to spend more evenly.
    Oh it's also non-transferable (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by beautyinsider88

Def HG material for me!!! Idk why I keep going out and trying other foundations when the colorstay is everthing I need!! It's the BEST foundation at keeping my oillies at bay, soft flawless finish and awesome coverage as I have some red areas on my face. I own Mac studio fluid as well and it doesn't even compare, sitting out a 100+ degree softball games mac melts real quick while good ole CS stays in place and no shinyness!!!! LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ericaa

This is definitely my new go-to foundation. It provides perfect coverage and feels nice and soft. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by xhelenfitzx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

i totally love this stuff and think its my HG! id heard so many mixed reviews on it and thought i should just give it a shot and im so glad i did! it goes on so smoothly, blends great, covers imperfections, all with a flawless finish. im the very first shade, ivory, and its a perfect match. the colour range is really great. the price is good considering the quality of the product. the packaging is alright. its a shame theres no pump but usualy i can pour a bit onto my sponge ok but sometimes too much can come out and it feels kinda like a waste. overall this is the best foundation ive ever used! deffinitely will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by erciliah2929

I have searched and searched for a foundation that is good, and until I discovered this one, I was disappointed. This is a very good formula that matches my skin tone perfectly and does not break me out. Perfect for my Latin skin tone. As for the bottle, it does suck and what I did was take my old empty olay moisturizer pump and disassemble it and put it in there and now I have a pump lol. It gets too messy in the original packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with Revlon Colorstay. In my opinion it's better than Studio Fix (which oxidizes on me plus broke me out, I regret buying it). BUT as others have mentioned, the bottle having no pump is a big draw back. It wasn't a big deal to me until one evening when I was in a rush and boy, does that open mouth bottle get messy. Hated it. I've done research on this, and this foundation comes with a pump in Japan (no fair!) and the original US bottles used to have a pump (why oh why did they change that??). On Youtube there are videos about buying an airless pump bottle off of eBay and transferring the foundation into that, but I found those bottles ugly and cheap looking (I'm a designer; packaging means a lot to me). So instead, I just bought one of the old formula bottles with the pump, emptied & cleaned it out with hot soapy water & a lot of q-tips. The old formula bottles are beautiful, so much better in comparison. I love it and I will keep reusing it until Revlon *hopefully* updates their current packaging.

Also note that the pump from the old bottle does not fit the new ones, which is why I did a full transfer. A MAC pump won't fit either.

I want to suggest all us girls who love ColorStay to WRITE to Revlon through their website about the lack of a pump. I really feel that could make a difference. Maybe we can get the pump back.