L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 10/21/2004 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite d/s foundation. I found a great colormatch for my post-summer LLL/MMM cool skin tone in creamy natural. I love the medium coverage, the creamy texture, and how it doesn't settle into my fine lines. No oil control, but I don't mind touching up. Also, it doesn't make my dry areas drier or clog my pores.

My only problem with this is that I like to put a light concealer on dark spots BEFORE fndn for the most natural look, and this completely removes it, no matter how careful I am.

Edit 1/22/5 - This seems really "wet" to me, so I haven't really been using it anymore.

Although I did find a good color match (W2) for my MAC NC20 skin, this formula didn't work for me, as it is too sheer, didn't help any with the oilies, and settled into pores. I'm giving it a 4 because of the color selection and that someone with normal skin might really like this.

on 10/16/2004 9:03:00 PM

The reason that I am only giving this one star is that I could not find a good color match and that is what it's supposed to be about! I had a makeup emergency and got this at Walmart - I looked over the colors very carefully - I am definitely a "warm" - one shade seemed too light and I got the next shade up (sand beige) and guess what! It's orange on me! This happens with foundations a lot - it seems manufacturers think that the next color after golden yellow is orange!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm happy with this--I use W1 Porcelain on my very fair 48-year-old skin that has only a few fine lines. It blends well without looking heavy or cakey, doesn't turn orange, doesn't break my skin out or clog pores, and stays on until I wash it off. Other foundations I've tried look too heavy (including Neutrogena Visibly Firm & Maybelline Smooth Result)so this is a big improvement if you like the natural, no-makeup look but still like your skin to look even and smooth. I like the sample packs, too--for years, I was never sure if I was "warm" or "cool" or "neutral," and the Level 1 sampler made it very, very clear which foundation worked best. Why'd it take them so long to figure this one out?

on 10/14/2004 5:52:00 PM

I've gone through a few bottles of this and am quite pleased with it. Although I don't think there is a "true match"-- exact match-- of my skin its good enough. It covers well, has a nice finish, doesn't make me break out (I have pretty sensitive skin and slight rosacea), and lasts decently well. I do get oily after a few hours but I think thats just my skin not the foundation. I would reccomend it.

**UPDATE** So I had surgery a couple weeks ago, and consequentially didn't use foundation for a few days. Lo and behold the redness from my Rosacea cleared up, my probems with pimples around my forehead and chin cleared up, and my face is a lot less blochy on the whole. My skin looks better than it has since I can remember! I've been using this stuff for like 3 years trying dozens of different moisturizers and cleansers to solve my r osacea/acneproblems not realizing that my skin HATES the TRUE MATCH. *pounds head into wall* I'm moving on to mineral makeup (but not Bare Escentuals cause the Bismuth makes me itchy).

on 10/12/2004 3:39:00 PM

I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND THE CORRECT COLOR...THE MATCHES WERE WAY TOO PINK OR CHALKY...

on 10/10/2004 11:11:00 PM

The best thing about this foundation is the fact that it does match my skin (I use alabaster in cool). The coverage is light and natural. The drawback? Sometimes the foundation dires too quickly and actually makes my oily skin look dry. Although it goes on matte, my skin becomes extremely oily later. Only covers blemishes minimally. I am going to use my bottle, but I don't think I will repurchase.

on 10/8/2004 9:31:00 PM

True Match? I DON'T think so. I purchased the lightest neutral shade, N1 and it was still too yellow for my skin. Definitely not neutral. I wear a Stila 10 or 20 Watts in the Illuminating Liquid Foundation depending on the time of year. In my personal opinion most drugstore foundations are too dark or too yellow for me.

Changing this again, it clogs pores really really bad. And it wears off too easily.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I liked this product, but wasn't crazy about it. It certainly gave my oily skin a matte look all morning, but by early afternoon the foundation started to fade away. It doesn't totally conceal large zits and you really have to be sure to blend at the hairline and jawline or you look fake. The color though, matches perfectly (I'm a Classic Beige in Cool) and if applied in moderacy, it gives me a smooth flawless look. Update This color is actually the wrong shade, I am a bit lighter. This is way to light of a foundation and I like powder much better. This dropped one lippie. continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials