L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 8/7/2004 11:16:00 AM

I used the testers to find my perfect colour. I am a C4 and the colour is excellent. The coverage is light and even, I don't feel like i'm wearing a mask of makeup. I will update later if I break out or how coverage wears.

This is the best colour match I've had in a long time, funny enough it was an old L'oreal formula that was discontinued years ago I loved.

Edit: wore well for a wedding in the hot sun 2 pm till midnight. I'm somewhat sensitive to acne and no breakouts after 3 days of wear (I don't believe for the most part acne is caused by makeup, it's improper cleansing, picking and touching your face with your hands)

I haven't turned into a big grease pit, and the colour wears well with only one workday powder touch up.

Better than lancome, estee lauder, LM etc IMO. Esp. for the $

I chose C1 in alabaster and the color is too yellow on me. I do not like this formula either, it feels sticky like glue. I think they had a good idea here but they need to work on the formula and perhaps add more colors - especially for those with super pale skin and pink undertones. A few of my friends tried this too and it didn't match their color.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Was this luck or was this expertise...you be the judge, folks!! I saw the commercial for new True Match foundation that offered very natural and perfectly matching shades--24 of them, in fact. I was impressed and rather curious. I went to their website to see what shade would be best for me. The interactive video took me step-by-step asking me what skin tone and what undertone I had and how I would normally apply the makeup, whether it was just for trouble areas or for all over coverage. When it was over, the recommended shade was Caramel Beige (W7-Warm Level 7)...Hmmm, I think I'm some sort of Caramel shade, but Beige? I've never been some sort of shade of Beige. Oh well OK, I could deal with it, so I wrote it down, stuffed it in my purse and went to bed. The next day I decided to take care of some errands during my lunch hour, including picking up the foundation. Time was short, but I figured I could pull it off. Well, got to the nearby drugstore, minutes running out to dash in and to dash out with the foundation along with a few odds and ends. Ladies, I don't recommend this unless you're in to get your tried and true makeup items, not to try out new stuff--too little time! I didn't even test the stuff like i'm supposed to, but hey, I'm sure the website's recommendation was right, right? And it was the last bottle on the shelf in my recommended shade. WHAT LUCK!Well, I got home, washed off, and decided to give the foundation a try. First I dotted it on my face--hmmm, awfully pale just looking at it in comparison to my skin tone. I smoothed it on my skin, it applied very well, except for one thing. It looked like I was whitewashing my face! The shade was too pale. OMG, OMG! Totally wrong! Waste of money, I thought. I gave out a sigh of depression, and decided to go about doing some stuff around the house, kinda wallowing in my defeat. Some minutes later, I walked back into the bathroom ready to wash off the white mask on my face only to my great astonishment that my skin was now "normal" and beautiful! Not like some Kabuki theatrical artist! My face looked wonderful, glowing, but not greasy, metallic, or glittery looking, it unified my overall skin tones and deflected and diminished the trouble spots on my face. My face looked three dimensional and not flat. I looked at myself in all forms of light including bright sunlight for the true test for glitter particles which i truly hate, and not one hint of looking freakish! It felt OK, not awfully heavy or greasy even with my oily complexion, just needed a blotting sheet mid-day and the color didn't turn ashy or disappear. I wish the bottle was a little bit wider because it would tip over time and again and wish it was a little more elegant looking--it's too clinical looking, even more importantly I wish ALL foundations would come in plastic container for safety's sake! I wish the formulation would actually set faster to avoid that 'Kabuki Whitewash' phase before setting to the look of glowing, beautiful, real-looking skin. The glow was just right, I didn't look like a discoball, and if I needed a more finished look, I applied a light dusting of ZA New York's pressed powder--Ah perfection! The price is great, definitely affordable, and I'm always happy the L'Oreal line is just a heartbeat behind from their more pricey counterpart, Lancome, with all their new products. I've decided this foundation is not my HG just yet for the little reasons above, but still a remarkable quality product for the price and look. As for the question of Luck or (L'Oreal's) Expertise, go figure ladies...YOU DECIDE!

on 7/29/2004 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the sheer natural finish this gives my N/D very sensitive rosacea skin. Makes my skin look fresh and young, kind of like a tinted moisturizer with slightly more coverage. I did have to buy 2 colors though and mix them which sucks considering there are tons of colors. I ended up mixing c2 and c3 for the perfect color for me. But still a bargain considering I had 2 coupons. Hate the glass bottle; have already dropped a couple of times but to its credit did not break. No fragrance too. Really good for drugstore foundation. UPDATE: Drat this foundation makes my rosacea flare! Grrr. Can't wear longer than about 4 hrs. Glad I didn't spend a lot of money on this though.

on 7/28/2004 3:07:00 AM

I can't remember if I've already written a review for this or not. So this may be my second review.
Anyway, I used this on my face today. On the good part of my face (that would be the cheek area where I'm well-balanced), this gives a good finish. But wherever I'm the slightest bit dry or flaky, this seems to amplify the problem 100x. I have a little bit of flaking on the side of my nose right now, and this makes it look like LAYERS of skin on my nose are falling off. Sort of scary.
On the plus side, there are many shades to choose from. But I probably won't repuchase this.

on 7/22/2004 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation works great with my sensitive breakout-prone skin (currently taking accutane). It provides a nice amount of coverage without looking like you are wearing a lot of foundation. I also really love that I was able to find a very pale warm-toned shade (W1). I have very light skin and the lightest shade in most foundations is still several shades too dark. My only problem is with the packaging. It is AWFUL! The foundation gets clumpy and gross around the top of the bottle. I use a cotton swab to get the foundation out of the bottle, to be more hygienic and to avoid getting makeup all over my fingers. This would be the best foundation ever if L'Oreal would just change the packaging! 05.11.05 Update: I realized that this product started breaking out my skin. Also realized that the texture was rather heavy. Still a great color match for my skin, though, so I changed my rating from a 5 to a 4.

on 7/22/2004 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear this foundation. I like that it is a little matte but still gives a healthy look to my mostly dry combo skin. The N2 is a great match for me, I love this stuff!

on 7/20/2004 9:34:00 AM

I'm not a great expert on foundations, but what I love about this product is the little plastic sheaf of transparent color swatches in the store that allows you to find the exact color to match your skin. (Look for the color patch that vanishes when you hold it to your cheek. Oh, and lots of stores seem to have had the color swatches stolen: if so, don't bother. That's the whole point.) The color it recommended looked completely wrong in the bottle - too dark, too pink, I would never have bought it - but when I put it on at home, it blended perfectly into my face. That in itself is a miracle! I like how it goes on and it seems to last fine. But definitely the attraction is, as advertized, the shade match. I must have been buying the wrong colors for years!

on 7/16/2004 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this foundation. It started off great (smooth, silky texture that blended well - actually reminded me of Lancome's Adaptive). The coverage is a bit more than Adaptive, which is nice for me. However, a couple hours later, my face became shiny and the pores became accentuated. Not long after that, my face began to turn orangey. Yuck. Time to wash that stuff off. Oh well. The search goes on.

on 7/14/2004 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

UGH! This stuff give me little bumps all over my cheeks and chin. I actually like the coverage, and they had a shade that did match my skin and it lasted long. I didnt want to believe this was breaking me out so I continued to use it..and more bumps came...I stopped using it for about a week and in 2 days they went away. I didnt have any breakouts until I tried to use it the next month, and that very same day - the ugly bumps came right back so I am 100 % sure this was breaking me out
Ladies, if you have sensative and acne prone skin, then I suggest that you dont buy this....but if you dont have acne and you think your skin could handle the ingridents, then give it a try. It's not that expensive , they had a wide variety of color and it does last long...I wish I could use this. continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials