October 20, 2014 | 923 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by improvduck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the light try out pack just for kicks [I don't wear foundation and I wasn't planning on buying any], but I was surprised at how much I liked this foundation. I had expected it to be heavy and orangey like all the other low-end m/u I've tried, but it isn't! The color W1 matches my PPP skin perfectly, but it's sheer enough that you can cheat with the shades I expect. It doesn't have any moisturizer or sunscreen or fragrance. I use my own sunscreen everyday, and since I would hardly ever use this foundation, it's simplicity is a good thing. I think I'll go out and buy a bottle just for special occasions because it's inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2004 12:38:00 PM More reviews by amathyst225

Usually I walk out of a store purchasing foundation that I "think" is a match & I end up hating it when I get home. I finally found a foundation that matches & blends perfectly.
The coverage is sheer, so it seems to work best on good skin that just needs a little evening out. I would definately buy another bottle!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I chose Light Ivory W2. Perfect match! That never happens! with my light yellow skin, which turns red at the slightest smirk. It evens out my skin tone, covers all redness and can be built up to cover post-blemish marks without feeling masky. I took off a lippie because the bottle sucks, I shake the bottle and use whats in the cap. Also, with summer coming a little powder is needed on my combo skin. But overall - very nice!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 11:21:00 AM More reviews by webmiztris

I received a sample packet of this in a magazine and just LOVED it! Even though it was slightly darker than my skin tone, once I applied it all over my face it looked slightly dewy and flawless (and a little tan!) Since then I've used this for about a year and it's still wonderful. It never breaks me out and it matches my skintone perfectly. Seriously great for my normal to dry/combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had to try this because I am obsessed with finding foundations that match perfectly (I used to be a custom blender for Prescriptives many years ago). The good news is that this was a pretty good match for my very yellow/golden (stila d/MAC C30/DiorSkin 301/Clarins Hydra Balance Powder Foundation in True Beige 04 or True Radiance 07) skin, but the bad news is that it gave me temporary bumps on my otherwise very clear and normal-to-dry and sensitive skin. They weren't like "break-out" types of bumps, but more like a reactionary rash. They went away later that night after I washed the makeup off. Also, I purchased the mocha eyeshadow duo (I LOVE taupe eyeshadows) at the same time and my left eyelid (the more sensitive of the two) was itchy the day I wore it and I was still a little irritated the day after even though I stopped wearing the shadow.

Unfortunately, both of these products are going back to the store even though I hate returning stuff. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2004 9:02:00 PM More reviews by boblio9721

This stuff is better than some other foundations I've tried, but it's probably not my HG. The color matched my skin pretty well, but I don't like that it doesn't have sunscreen in it. It does a so-so job at soaking up oil, but it is very blendable and covers up redness well. I probably would not buy this again. I guess my search for the perfect foundation continues!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I liked this, but, then I realized that the slightly shimmery effect it imparts made me look less glowy and more like a strangely painted clown in the Cirque du Soleil. It also settled into every enlarged pore and fine line, practically putting spotlights on them. Oh, and I broke out within a few days of use. If this was a indeed a "true match" of my natural skin, I'd prolly never leave the house again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 4:31:00 PM More reviews by surferchick2

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I took mine back because I couldn't find the right color. I went for the lighter shade because my skin oxidizes and this really didn't, which is good, but not for me sine the next shade was too dark. It's supposed to match, but there's a huge jump between #2 and #3 in the warm shades at least. I'm going to be neutral on the product itself because I didn't really have a chance to check out the staying powder, but it seems like I fall in the most popular shades that everyone else does so I'm surprised other can find the right color. Also, it was a bit runny and I like the moussier or creamy foundations TM's. The packaging wasn't the greatest either since you had to pour it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2004 3:37:00 PM More reviews by LUVMYCAT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I JUST BOUGHT THIS YESTERDAY AND HAD IT ON LAST NIGHT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. IT MADE MY FACE LOOK SHINY AND DIDN'T HIDE MY PORES. I THINK I'LL RETURN IT AND STICK TO MAYBELLINE'S WONDER FINISH, BUT JUST WANTED TO LET ANYONE WHO LIKES IT KNOW THAT WALGREEN'S HAS IT ON SALE AT $8.99 FOR TWO BOTTLES THROUGH SATURDAY, MARCH 13.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 10:33:00 AM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is total crap. Ladies, please save your money. The closest match to my skin available in this line ended up turning a strange grayish color on my face. It is also very oily, and when I applied it using my Prescriptives brush, I could tell that the oil was really clinging to the brush hairs even when I tried to wash the foundation out of it afterwards. My brush will have to have a second cleaning tonight when I get home, whereas it usually only takes one. That was a big no-no for me!