April 20, 2014 | 1688 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really good moisturizer,it sinks into skin immediatly and isn't greasy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2003 4:48:00 AM More reviews by sparklejunkie

The only good thing that I came across while using Clinique's 3 step system. It definitely took my skin a long time to get used to it though & I haven't used many other moisturisers to compare it with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2003 11:05:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: I've left up my original review, but totally changed my mind about this product. Worked well for about three or four months, and then I started getting terrible breakouts due to the amount of oil in this when the warmer weather came. I would never buy a bottle of this again and would only use it now VERY sparingly if I needed a very rich moisturizer in areas that aren't prone to breakouts.

I started using this product off and on about a year ago, as I noticed my skin had become extremely dry and flaky. The formula is mild and soaks in well, and generally leaves my skin feeling well-moisturized, though perhaps a touch greasy if I use too much. When I first started using this, I noticed a significant change in my complexion - my skin was much more healthy and glowing. I've found it's a little heavy for summer, especially when it's humid. I can't say 100%, but I've been breaking out a bit lately, and I think the oils in this moisturizer is what is doing it. Stick to something water-based during the warmer months and save this for drier winter skin. I'm not crazy about the scent, but other than that, I give this one a generally good review.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2003 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Goodfreak

My main moisturizer will probably always be Oil of Olay Total Effects, but this is a pretty good one. I find it works best on a dry (as opposed to wet) face. I don't think I will ever buy the full-sized size, but I love to keep the GWP sizes in my desk at work (I am on the phone a lot and my chin gets irritated - this is gentle enough to soothe my skin).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 6:47:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so old school. There are so many better products out there. This is way too oily and slippery. Spend your money on something more up to date that works.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2003 4:32:00 PM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ho hum. Doesn't do a thing for me in the least. I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because at least it didn't break me out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 4:16:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is not for me. too oily. my mother uses it all the time though. she buys the men's version though, because it comes in the tube (exact same product).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2003 12:46:00 AM More reviews by XxSilentxTearsxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Looked too greasy on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 12:39:00 AM More reviews by DanielleD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After sticking to oil free products for all of my life, I'm so glad I took the advice of my mom, of all people, and tried this. My skin was developing dry patches b/c of my harsh skin cleaning regimen. This Clinique worked wonders for my dryness and didn't break me out at all! I was surprised using something with oil, it's great!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2003 9:04:00 PM More reviews by MoonJelly

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to use the Clinique 3 step, which includes the Dramatically Diff. lotion. I found it works fairly well when you use it with the 3 Step...but not so well when it is used alone.