Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 8/21/2010 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Everyone always raves about this stuff so I figured I would try it since it's not expensive... Honestly, worst mistake I've ever made. It broke me out around my mouth and I barely ever get break outs. I thought it was just me but it happened to 2 other of my friends who also tried this product and when I switched foundations my breakouts started clearing up. However, even though it broke me out, it gave me great coverage and kept my skin matte for quite a while without touch ups which is rare skin I have oily skin hence the reason for 3 stars. So I guess if you don't really break out buy it!

I really like this foundation! I like how it goes on and blends and covers what ever I need to cover. I got it in the buff beige shade/ combo skin and it works great! I give it a 4 on packaging quality because I wished it had a pump, but that won't keep me from buying it again!

on 8/21/2010 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After all the raved reviews on this foundation, I decided to try this product. I have used liquid foundations in the past but my face always ended up greasy after 2 hours. I bought this in the oily/combination formula as my t-zone area can become slightly oily. I bought it from superdrug's for £12 in the mahoghany shade. Unfortunately, when I got home and tried it on, it was too dark for my skin and the undertones were too grey. However, the day I tried it on, even though it was a very hot day, the foundation stayed flawless and I was outside for 10 hours. Even after I excercised, the foundation looked fresh, flawless and natural. It also has a nice perfume scent. The consistency is quite thin and runny; similar to mac studio fix. You have to blend in quickly becuase it dries fast and you will be left with streaks. I used my fingertips to apply it. There is no pump so you have to be careful that you don't pour too much to avoid wastage. Even though the shade I bought was too dark, it is the best liquid foundation I have ever tried. In the UK, the only shade they sell for black women is in the mahoghany shade but I'm sure the caramel or cappacino shade would've suited my skin. I advise you to buy mini testers from eBay for around £1.50 so you don't end up wasting £12! Also, the foundation is transfer resistant and it doesn't go onto my tissue when I blow my nose!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Favorite go-to foundation. Use with primer and fingers for low to medium coverage. Use w/a foundation brush for full coverage. Lasts all day. Love, love that it does not transfer. You don't have to worry about it getting on your clothes or other people's if you hug someone. I use the caramel for oily skin. This is a good match for me. I want to use the caramel for dry skin but it is too light. It can be found at walmart for $10 or less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation is definitely high medium-to-full coverage. I find it blends well but the coverage I got did not look very natural. However this is normal because I believe it is very full coverage. This foundation will clog your pores to high heaven, so avoid avoid avoid if you tend to break out if you wear too much makeup or several layers of it. Also, this foundation manages to get on everything. If I barely touch my face, it ends up on my clothes. It is very annoying and something I can't be bothered to deal with on a daily basis. I brokeout quite badly to Revlon Colorstay and I only had it on for 3-4 hours. Quite honestly, I don't believe anyone needs such high coverage, and I have acne! Try out if you must, but not before going out or something, just to make sure. If you have sensitive skin I would also avoid this like the plague. If you're made of tougher stuff, check it out, but I wouldn't recommend this at all.

on 8/20/2010 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I agree with the consensus that this is an excellent drugstore foundation. Provided you can find your shade (always tricky when you can't test ahead of time), this is a good buy. The finish, to me, is matte. It doesn't feel HORRIBLE on the skin but is a little thicker than I generally like; I can feel it on my face. The coverage is good. I like to use this as a spot concealer and then put my HOLY GRAIL AWESOME foundation over it (MUFE face and body).

on 8/19/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this as a concealer and it covered well and looked natural. I got the one for dry skin because at the moment my skin is very dry and it went on so well. However, after using it for 4 days I started breaking out and now that I stopped I haven't gotten any blemishes. I would recommend this foundation unless you have acne prone skin.

on 8/19/2010 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love love love this product. I bought it at the drug store but when i got it home i realised i had picked up a few shades too light so I gave it to my mum and forgot all about it, until now. At the time, I was just back from a week in Turkey but now a month later, my tan has faded considerably so i decided to give it another try and im so glad that i did. The colour matches my skin almost exactly. The coverage is next to none as the staying power is amazing. Usually on my lunch break i have to go de-oil my face but not with this at all. My make up looks fresh all day. Defo my new HG product. Only down fall is there is no pump with the bottle which is inconvenient but apart from that, excellent!

on 8/19/2010 6:49:00 AM

hmmmm.... i did like this product before I discovered the coverage I could get with mineral powder foundation. I look back now and think ughhh. That product was so incredibly gross. So heavy, gluggy, ridculously difficult to remove all traces of it too so it ends up clogging your pores... especially if you're wearing it everyday. It does STAY and it gives good COVERAGE but I'd rather not head back there...

on 8/19/2010 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Reading the previous comments I am seriously wondering if I bought the same product!The horrible smell????The heavy coverage???The obvious make-up wearing???What are you all talking about??? I believe it's all about your application technique. You can get a very light to a moderately heavy coverage. I have all the MAC, MUFE, some Estee L, Cinique foundations (powder, liquid). This product is one of the best hands down for a cheaper price. My face doesn't get easily "blurry" anymore because of excessive oil. I do not have to touch up my foundation during the day...some oil blotting and this because I am used to doing it and NOT because I NEED it! Zero break out, I actually break out less!:) Let's not forget that we are all unique. So nothing is supposed to work for everybody. On me, this foundation worked great now who know how your skin is going to be reacting to this?:)

More info:
I wear/have tried/worn:
MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect),
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (best texture/hold of all foundations),
I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match. It is as if it was custom made. It has the right dose/amount of yellow I can't find in any other high brand. It looks as if I have nothing on.