Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.7

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I tried this product back in the spring and it took me a while to get used to the "non-matte" finish. I gave this product a fair shot, as I used it with their primer from March-August. I just found out my skin was having more clogged pores and I was having more oil than usual even when I used their "oil-free" primer with it. I went back to lancome powder, photogenic and have always been happy with that!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I was really hoping I wouldn't like this based on the price but my hopes were dashed when I tried this magic powder for the first time! I do not use this as purely a foundation. I used this over my BE Matte foundation. This covers my red beautifully and gives me a airbrushed look. For those expecting awesome coverage when using this alone you will not like it unless you have perfect skin. This however is perfect over your existing foundation. I highly recommend this!

For the price, I would expect this powder to be multi-purpose for me. It most definitely is not. It doesn't provide enough coverage to use as a foundation. The hydration makes it OK for setting, but it doesn't have much staying power. In no way does it behave like a good blotting powder for touchups on my t-zone. I like it for the first 3 hours it's on my face, and after that I wish I had used something more functional. The only thing I loved about this product is the packaging, which is ingenious.

The packaging is really perfect, but the kabuki brush that comes with it reli sucks. The powder is great, it gives me a healthy glow. If u want your skin matte,this is definately not for you. But i think i will only use this in winter since it's "hydrating", i find it a bit heavy for summer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love, love, love this product. I'm a combination-skinned (dry in winter) flaky girl with rosacea and the occasional zit. I use a cream foundation (Prescriptives' Photochrome) or Suki's Treatment Foundation on my mid-face, which is typically red due to the cursed rosacea, then I apply this. I use an EcoTools brush to apply, pressing into the redder areas that need more coverage and then just brushing it on elsewhere. It can look a bit powdery at first, but after about 10 minutes or so it melds with my skin and provides a beautiful, smooth, natural look. I might get a little shiny by afternoon on my forehead, but at least I'm not drying out gradually over the course of the day as I do with many other powders and foundations. As for whether it works on wrinkles or not, I don't know. For sure and certain it doesn't puddle up in them and emphasize them, and that's good enough for me. I've been using this daily since about May and I have a ton left (more than 50%, maybe closer to 80%? It's hard to tell)--a little goes a very long way, and there is NO waste thanks to the kicky little shaver-thing. I will buy this until they quit making it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I must say that this is one of the best powders I've ever used if not the best. I can use this as either a foundation or as a finishing powder, both ways work great! I have always had a problem with powders looking cakey on me...but this blends into my skin flawlessly.

I have found that if used alone as a foundation, I do need to reapply after about four or five hours. However, primer does help in making HALO last longer....maybe about eight hours. This is very light and with a little bit of concealer, my face looks flawless. Very nice for when I want to apply something and fly out the door....although not the best for long days.

On the other hand, I find this fantastic as a finishing powder...although very expensive. I prefer tinted moisturizer and when I need just a bit more coverage, I sweep some of this on and it looks amazing!

The shaver is one of my favorite parts. I prefer loose powder but at the same time, the mess they can make drives me crazy. This shaver is a wonderful solution that takes care of that problem!

My only problems with this product? The price (although it does last a looooong time...seven or eight months depending on usage), the brush (very bristle-y and rough and def. not 'super-sized') and finally, I'm not so sure about the claim of decrease in wrinkles around the eyes and of fine lines and wrinkles. Besides those things (some SPF would have also been great, but I suppose a girl can't have everything, right? :P ), this is a great powder that can be worn alone or as a finisher. Whew! Long review! :)

I really really really wanted to like this product. When I was in search of a new foundation I heard about this. I love the idea of this; shaving the pressed foundation and all the benefits of improving the skin. However, it did not match my skin color (strange b/c I always have a match in every make up line).

It comes in four shades. First, I tried Light and it was too light on me so i figured the Medium would be best. Medium was so dark on me, it was clear that I had foundation on my face, i had the unflattering 2-tone face and neck color going on- horrible!!!

I usually wear liquid/cream foundation, but with the humid summer weather I decided to try something different that wouldn't feel like it was melting off my face. I really like the coverage - light and fresh feeling and it blends really well. I was skeptical about the product "shaver" but it's fantastic!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using mineral powder foundation for the past 3 years. I decided to try Smashbox Halo because I've heard many good things about it, especially the healthy effect it delivers to your skin. Well, I've been using it for the past 2 months and I honestly can't say that it has improved my skin. In fact, I have more breakouts and larger pores than before. This is a good product if you're looking for a sheer, natural look and you don't require alot of coverage. If you need fuller coverage, you end up having to apply 2 or 3 coats which tends to give a cakey look. The one great thing about it is the packaging. The dial-up dispenser is very smart and makes application less messy and limits product wastage.

Love love love! I bought this today after trying it in the store. Originally, I thought I would need it in "Light," but I ended up with "Medium" because that one has a more golden (read: yellow) undertone, which my skin needs. Even though I could do with "Light/Medium" (ie. half-step between), it blends in so beautifully that you can't tell that it is a tad too dark for me.

I love the shaver thing; I'm such a tight-wad that I can't stand wasting *any* product, and the shaver helps this! I shave off just enough for each section of my face at a time, like a sprinkling. A little goes a long way. So far, I've been applying it with my Chanel #6 powder brush, but tomorrow I'm going to try applying it with a flat-topped one instead. The brush it comes with looks pathetic. I wish the product could be $5 cheaper and come without the brush!

The makeup artist at Sephora told me to smoosh it into my skin, instead of buffing it as you do with other powders, and then to sweep it down the face.

I love this powder and will continue buying it!

Edit: I had been using a flat-topped brush to apply. However, on a whim, I applied it with a regular powder brush (Chanel #6) and got better results. This is what I'll be using from now on. :) continued >>

Top Rated Smashbox Products