July 31, 2014 | 2050 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

After reading all the positive reviews on this, I had such high hopes and couldn't wait to try it. I went to the Smashbox website and was even more smitten and inspired to get it. I was hoping that Halo Glow would become my new HG foundation, but on me it looks better as a finishing powder than worn alone. Since my skin is a little dry I think I will stick with liquid foundations. This is a bit pricey to be used only as a powder, so I don't think I would repurchase this.
** Update** I know that this has gotten such great reviews and I sooo wanted to like this, but I'm taking another lippie off because I have experimented with this in every way possible and just cannot feel the love. It does nothing for my skin at all, certainly not a "halo glow", more of a "sallow glow."

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by lovetobelievee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my hg setting powder. for me, it doesn't have enough coverage to wear by itself, but makes my skin look absolutely flawless on top of foundation, powder, or tinted moisturizer. a little bit goes a long way, so even though it's pricey, i think it's well worth it. the packaging is a little bulky and it does annoy me a little that the mini buki brush doesn't fit inside of it, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite some confusion this is not a foundation. It is the best setting powder in the world, especiall if you are dry or over 35. I'm both and I love this stuff. I was starting to notice even more dryness, fine lines, and just a general dull or tired look to my skin prior to using this, no matter what skincare routine I used. Powder just made things worse but I still needed to set my foundation somehow. Then I discovered this. Now I use it over everything from just moisturizer and sunscreen, to setting TM or foundation, and it never lookes cakey, doesn't settle into lines and really diffuses or plumps them up (seriousy, and it is noticable immediately like they claim, esp under eyes my biggest powder trouble spot). It gives a lovely diffused glow, doesn't oxidize even in warm weather. My skin looks luminous, airbrushed and nearly flawless under any type of light, which is pretty much all I ask for. It doesn't have anything that causes breakouts for me (aka bismuth). It's not a true powder foundation, although I get some coverage and can use it solo if I wish on 'good skin' days which I have way more often now :) No it's not oil-controlling, but I don't need that and this isn't meant for that. I use Light in the summer and Fair in winter. I love the ability to shave off only how much I need so is great for travel, even if the compact is large, bulky and the brush doesn't fit inside but I'll survive. This is pure love in powder form. I don't use anything else. Thank you Smashbox! For the record, I've repurchased this twice and a little goes a LONG way if you are concerned about the price-to-use ratio. It lasts me at least 10 months to a year with almost daily use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First I love the packaging, you twist a dail to shave the pressed powder into loose. You need very little. The problem is the Fair is way to light for me. My friend said I looked liked I was dead. Too much white in it. It does give good coverage over redness, it has buildable coverage that didnt settle into lines. I didnt think the price was worth it because the powder isnt anything breakthrough special but if I can get it in a cheap kit again from QVC I will try this again in Light. edit: I been using this in Light and it's a great match for me. For reference I'm fairly light in BE and Sand Beige or Buff in Relvon. Light is not whiteish like Fair is and it's not too yellow for me like most smashbox shades. The coverage is great for a powder. 0.75 oz which is alot more than most all powders are sold in

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ilovepapiler

I love it. I am used to a lot of coverage, but as I get older less make up looks better on me.
I tried Bare Minerals and totally hated it. Liquid foundations were melting on me, and I looked fine, but made up. So, I tried Halo and felt in love. My skin looked perfect, yet you couldn't see my make up.

I apply Clinique Moisture Surge and Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel; I let moisturizers absorb, and then I buff it with a MAC 109 and I swear the results are awesome.

It looks so goog, that my mom, my sister, my niece and my best friends bought Halo and we all love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by zepgirl6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if i ever hated a product with a passion this is it....first off its really friggin expensive i got mine for 60 bucks at ulta...and the way the powder makes my skin look is awful...it makes me look ashy and it seems to accentuate every little flaw its so ugly..i have it in medium and when i tryed it on at the store i didnt really notice i guess...but once i got it home and tryed using it i was like wtf is going on...i got this mainly for the summer becuz i just wanted something light i could pop on and go...and still look great. but sadly it didnt work out that way for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Kbenj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried sheer minerals and my skin got red, itchy and dehydrated so ultra salesperson suggested this. Light is a good match for me and not too orange. It feels amazing! Very soft and sort of hydrating. So far no breakouts. Gorgeous coverage and doesn't highlight wrinkles. Smart container. I disagree with some reviewers in that you can wear it alone. I just put it over sunblock and primer. The natural finish is the point. It doesn't hide your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by alysser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love it!!! i like the finish on it-its kind of dewy and fresh and very smooth. if you prefer matte foundations you probably wont like this b/c its kinda dewy, but if not its great. if you use the kabuki brush that comes with it, it comes out really nice with better coverage than i originally expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by christinesrsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

finally, something that actually helps my skin up! I'm not too sure if its a combination of things or not, but using halo actually aided in keeping my skin silky and smooth. At first, I admit I was extremely skeptical at Ulta when the sales reps recommended that I try it but the results I received I am quite pleased with. Halo melts into your skin and it gives you a nice dewy glow.

I recommend that you use it with a moisturizer for best results, if used alone without foundation, it will make the make up stick and stay all day. I'm impressed with smashbox. It gives you a matte finish as well.

I love the packaging as well, it doesnt get all over the place and the grind out compact with a twist is perfect on the go as well.

only gripe is the price, so I gave it one less lippie

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I Love it but I'm not in love with it.
I like the light coverege and the colour adjusts my skin tone (i bought it in fair). Now with the summer comming so fast I think I will have to buy the Medium because I've just started to get a little tanned (just by waking in the outside).
It looks very natural. If I want more coverege, I apply a liquid foundation first and then this on top and "Voila" ready!
At first I was affraid it would clog my pores or make my little wrinkles appear (the little one just arround the eyes), but it has not happend.
I also feel like my skin is not as shinny as it used to be.
The only thing that worries me is that now with the good weather, if I start to sweat... it will just fall down or desapear but I will see.