SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 4/20/2010 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Beautiful for putting on under my primer- gives me a luminous 'glow from within look' like no product has ever done. Use sparingly or it makes me too bright:)- as in shiny looking, definitely more oily.
Feels lovely, soothes my skin. Could take or leave the fragrance, but disappears once absorbed.

I read about the skin breakouts people have been talking about due to the purge effect of this product- must say I am relieved. My skin was perfect the last few weeks and literally out of nowhere, superfast, high on one cheek I have 3 blemishes, with possibly a few on the other side on their way. I didn't know which product was doing this to me and was worried it was my equally expensive La Prairie Marine Biology tonic, but I have been using that much longer, and the SK II for only 2 weeks. So that explains it. If my skin clears fast and stays clear- I will report back a happy camper, as it will have been the purging effect.

Will update on whether I still love it, or now hate it!:)

UPDATE: Love it! My skin has cleared and I am getting many compliments due to my whole regime, of which SK II is now a favourite! My products are all getting along in harmony:) Highly recommended. But if you have the occasional break out, stop with this as I feel it exacerbates it. I go through stages... I will use this for maybe two, three months straight.... then not use it at all for a few months.... you can see that your skin is not accepting it as well as previously, and you also notice the obvious positive effects it has on softening any developing lines, etc. I will always use this product. It's the best, and in humid months, my sole moisturiser and makeup primer for daily use.

on 4/4/2010 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just can't bring myself to love this. I have normal-combo skin with occasional breakouts and am sensitive. The smell is quite off putting (smells of moudly roses) and the price is just disgusting. I didn't find it to do anything beneficial for my skin...it didn't dry it out, but I didn't notice a glow or anything. I think this is so overhyped. As for the "magic anti ageing ingredient"...well, it cannot be absorbed by your skin unless injected, so essentially, you are paying big bucks for something that really isn't worth it.

I'm glad it didn't irritate my skin or break me out, but aside from that, it's pointless.

on 4/4/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I wound up giving this product a green light after using some from the store counter on my face and neck. I had just had late that afternoon, some derm treatments that involved zapping melanin clusters, red dots, and raised capillaries so I had red zap spots all over my nose and neck.

I was somewhat irritated since the SA had no samples to give away. I mean, come on..if someone is having to travel across the state to the SKII counter to try a product, seems to be reasonable to have AT LEAST ONE sample to hand out. Maybe the SA are more interested in selling the samples on eBay, if you go onto eBay, there are all sorts of SKII Treatment Essence samples there for sale.

Here in California, there are only four places to buy SKII: Beverly Hills Saks, South Coast Plaza Saks, and SF Saks and Bloomindale's SF.

So its difficult to try this stuff on to see if it works.

Anyway the SA at South Coast said they don't normally have samples on hand so I used about 1t of the counter product and walked around with it on for about 1 hour before going back to buy a bottle. :)

My skin is soft and glowing and the effect lasts without a heavy waxy feel that I get from creams.

For reference I am a MAC NC-25, swedish heritage with medium skin tone, dirty blonde with blue eyes.

on 3/31/2010 9:43:00 PM

i was afraid to use this essence when i first got the trial kit..i've used the clear lotion(toner) n really like it but after reading lotsa reviews tat said they had a breakout due to purging effect, i was quite scared since at that time i was also having a breakout due to tretinoin..so i tried it on my forehead first for a week, if it is okay then i continue to my nose then after a week to my left cheek, right cheek n the last is my chin..i know it maybe funny, but i cant risk to have another breakout..my face is full with acne marks n active acne at that time..but after using the clear lotion n fte for about a month(fte only at e morning coz i still use tretinoin at night), my breakout is getting lesser n lesser..now my skin is way better..more glow n i can see my skin texture is more even..it also help with my oily t-zone n dry cheeks due to tretinoin..now i use fte at day n night, it's juz been for 3nights in a row, but i can see my face is getting fairer n more glowing...will definitely repurchase over n over again ;)

on 3/27/2010 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product after seeing it work miraculously for a friend. It cleared up her acnes and made her skin really radient. I have oily T and dry-ish cheeks. After my 1st application, my skin was very dry and tingly. Under my regular moisturizer ( creme de la mer), skin was slightly dry. After my 2nd usage, skin started to peel. I went back to the counter and they immediately applied the vit c repair for me and advised that I change to another of their products. I guess this miracle water isnt suitable for me. But honestly, i have seen it work for many so do try it.

on 3/25/2010 8:40:00 AM

After years of procrastinating, I have finally decided to give reviews for millions of the the products that I've tried. I'll start with SKII treatment essence because this is one of the very few products that I have bought over and over again. Just like the product claims, it moisturize, clarifies, brightens and soothes my skin really well. I find this product is very good for my oily but congested skin, as its not too heavy, completely oil free but does a wonderful job to keep my skin hydrated. I am using this product as toner, that's why I'm giving it 4 because it is quite expensive for a toner product! However if you don't have any major skin concerns, this product alone will be sufficient for you.

on 3/24/2010 6:37:00 AM

Great product.

on 3/19/2010 6:47:00 AM

I've used this a number of times because the morning after my skin glows but this only happens for the first 2 months or so then I don't notice any difference anymore.

It is a little smelly. Initially it made me wonder whether it had gone off but apparently not as every bottle is a little stinky but its very faint and after application it disappears.

on 3/4/2010 11:39:00 PM

I have used an entire bottle of this product and I have found no changes. The liquid does feel good once its applied on the skin but after 2 minutes it does nothing. The product also smells horrible! The price tag is also expensive for smelly water that doesn't work.

on 2/16/2010 6:46:00 AM

I absolutely love this product but you need to be quite diligent in using it. Initially I did not notice any difference when I was using it randomly but due to the price, decided to try it again and used it every night for a week. My skin just glowed and I had so many people comment on it! The smell however is incredibly off putting.

Popular Treatments (Face)