Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 11/24/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
- I love the color. It gives a nice rosy tint to my lips.
- It isn't thick and waxy like the other balms.
- OHMYGOSH I LOVE THE PACKAGING. :D Sorry, but I like it.

Cons:
- It doesn't hydrate. It doesn't really nourish. It doesn't soothe. So no, it didn't really do what it was supposed to do.
- If I put on more than two coats, then it starts to irritate my mouth. And the skin around it.

Overall:
- I'll use it sparingly until it runs out. It's more a lip tint than a lip balm.

on 11/23/2010 4:20:00 PM

Love this for daily chapstick use. The red tint is a bonus and big selling point for me b/c I don't wear lipstick. Another big selling point is natural ingredients since the stuff sits on your lips, so you essentially eat it.

on 11/21/2010 1:42:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this lip balm, it's just amazing! it moisturizes my lips and makes them feel soft, it also has a nice red tint to it I mean it's very natural and my lips just look and feel great with this product, I have been using it for 2 years and I will keep repurchasing!

on 11/20/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, It moisturizes your lips perfectly ,making them plump and giving them a nice shot of tint, like you just bit them.
This product does not dry your lips out more when you stop using it, like most balms do, so you need to apply only when lips are dry and about 1-2 a week. I do it overnight and my lips stay perfectly supple. And I live in some cold weather too, I have had the same tube for about 2 years, lasts forever!

on 11/15/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Received this as part of the holiday grab bag last year (among many other things), along with the regular lip balm. For me the scent is something to get used to. At first I wasn't a fan of this lip balm because it wasn't minty like the other one and lip balms usually feel thick and heavy on my lips without that tingly sensation. However I've come to like this because it is MUCH more moisturizing than the regular lip balm, and the texture is very nice, very smooth and leaves lips soft, gives the tiniest hint of color which is very nice too. Would purchase again :)

on 11/14/2010 7:22:00 PM

I liked it a lot!!!!!
It was really moisturizing and I like natural fruit oil/scents

I won't buy this again because I realized that its making my lips dark!!!!

on 11/7/2010 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The color in this is too red, on me. I don't care for it. Otherwise it's a decent lip balm, so if you are okay with having a reddish tint on you lips, you might like this.

on 10/28/2010 9:59:00 PM

Typically I don't like Burt's Bees lip balms because of all the comedogenic oils tend to make the skin around my mouth break out more, but this is the one I make an exception for because it's that great. I love the color it gives my lips, light, natural, healthy pink tone that is hard to achieve with normal glosses and lipsticks. It does moisturize effectively, but mostly i love the color.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my all-time favorite lip balm.

Pros: moisturizing without being greasy, subtle hint of color, pleasant taste/smell, practical packaging (no, it isn't the prettiest, but a twist-up tube is small, portable, reliable, and a convenient way to get all the product out), reasonable price.

Cons: No SPF, color may not be suitable for everyone.

Personally, I find the color one of the biggest selling points- in addition to leaving my lips smooth, they look brighter and richer in color, without a "lipstick" look or a super-glossy finish- just smooth and soft- natural, but enhanced. But, I have fairly red lips to begin with. I can imagine that for someone with naturally pinker or browner lips, the berry/burgundy shade might be too much. The product is quite close to the color of the cap, although sheer, so if that shade is near to your natural color, it will be a flattering look.

Overall, I recommend this product highly! Very moisturizing, absorbs well, no greasy or waxy feel, and a subtle wash of color, all in a reliable package for a reasonable price. Perfection!

on 10/14/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this lip balm is great! moisturizes very well and adds a hint of color. love it!

Popular Lip Treatments