Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

on 5/2/2008 12:58:00 AM

I love this wash. You do have to be careful not to open your eyes even the tiniest bit b/c it will sting.

I received this product as a sample and I love it. It works very well. I received other samples too, along with the proper way to apply and when to apply. My skin def looks better. I bought the drying lotion it is like magic soaking up any oil causing breakouts. They are gone in the morning!

on 4/27/2008 10:04:00 PM

Good stuff. Gentle enough not to dry my skin and feels exquisite. I love Mario Badescu stuff!

on 4/20/2008 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using it for like a week now
and I am pretty satisfied with it.
It is very mild, doesn't dry out the skin, and skin feels soft.
I had a hard time getting used to the "non-foaming" cleanser,
but now I am used to it and I love it.
Smells good, bit strong, but goes away after washing it.
I would buy the product again, but I am planning to try botanical cleanser next time.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hate it. it left my skin dry, but somewhat oily. Didnt feel like i was cleansing my face throughly. I have a whole bottle left. I hated the texture too. I really wanted this product to work, you hear about celebs using uit all the time!!!! soooooooo over-rated. absolute crap!!!!

on 4/12/2008 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After using several samples of this cleanser I finally broke down and bought a bottle. The bottle came yesterday and it's HUGE! I bought the 16 oz bottle for $20 and this is going to last forever!

I love this cleanser because it's gentle, yet effective. It gets absolutely all of the make-up off without drying out my skin. It smells great, too! I finally found the right cleanser for my oily/acne prone skin. :)

on 4/9/2008 12:43:00 PM

I heard about Mario Badescu from a friend who has been using it for a while. I am a huge fan of simplistic, natural, organic products and decided to check out the website.

First of all- the free sample offer? FANTASTIC! They are very generous so I definitely encourage anyone to go to their website and fill out the little questionnaire. I received this (the enzyme cleansing gel), special cucumber lotion, collagen spf15 moisturizer, drying cream, drying mask, and hyraluronic eye cream. I was also recommended the drying lotion and buffering lotion, but they were not available in samples at the time.

Well, can I just say.. I hate to replace my HG cleanser of Cetaphil, but if anything is runner-up OR possibly taking its place.. it's this Enzyme Cleansing Gel. I am already used to non-foaming (or very slightly foaming) gentle cleansers, so the gel was very pleasant. I only use it once a day (normally at night) and wet my face, then use a small dollop of the cleansing gel for my entire face. It smells delicious- VERY fresh and clean, a bit plantlike. The smell is a bit strong but it's also very refreshing, a bit citrus-y. What's even better is it's natural from the ingredients, not added fragrance. I usually spend a good minute gently massaging it all over my face just because it feels and smells so good, like personally pampering. Then I just rinse well with warm water, and follow it with MB's special cucumber lotion on a cottonball.

Since using this product, I noticed my face is more evenly toned and any redness or irritation i've had is much calmer if not completely gone. I have had no breakouts and less cystic pimples, which, along with blackheads, are normally my biggest problem. My skin is combination with an oily t-zone and chin at times, olive toned.

In the course of my using the sample, which has been about two weeks, I find this stuff is just wonderful. It cleanses very well- even on the occasional days where I wear foundation and heavier eye make-up, like nights out. Doesn't leave my skin tight or dry feeling. Very minimal ingredients. In my opinion, very pleasant scent. My skin seems to LOVE it, all around. It hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts and my skin looks and feels better every day. I'm about to order an 8 oz. bottle right now :)

If any changes occur, I will definitely update.. But after two weeks of using this at night (followed by other MB products) my skin has never been happier!!

UPDATE: I am SO SO SO SO SO sad to have to update this. But I guess my skin didn't love it as much as I do :( It MAY just be hormonal- because my skin has been freaking out lately due to who knows what- but I went back to breaking out really badly and actually ended up returning this item. I know I will try it again down the road, but for now it's back to good ol' Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. On the plus side, Mario Badescu is GREAT with refunds. I had the item for well over the guarantee refund date and they were still very compliable in a full return.

on 3/24/2008 10:39:00 PM

This is one of the best cleansers out there! I'm a huge fan of the Mario Badescu products. I have super sensitive skin...so a lot of new products I try ( regardless of the line ) cause break outs and rashes. This cleanser does a great job removing makeup and buildup. My skin feels super clean afterwards. I always follow up with a toner and there is never any leftover residue found on the cotton ball. This cleanser really does the job! I also love the smell. It's very light and refreshing.

on 2/20/2008 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this cleanser. I only used it for about 2 days and already started to notice a dramatic improvement in the overall clarity, tone, redness, and size of "flare" on existing acne as they slowly then shrunk. I am used to swearing by Jurlique and Dr Hauschka so when this worked I was really impressed. The cucumber's a bit cloying for my taste but it's gone once you rinse.

on 2/15/2008 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this product so i headed over to the mall immediately to get samples. During my first week of using it, it lessened my pimples a bit. However, as I entered the 2nd week, my face actually started breaking out. I had HUGE pimples that I have never had! The worse thing is, I gave it another shot a few months after, after my pimples disappeared 'cause I thought it could have been caused by other factors. Wrong decision. The results were the same, if not worse. As a result, I had to go to the dermatologist and spend $500 to get my face clear again. This product is just too overrated. I was very disappointed.

on 1/2/2008 4:54:00 AM

i love (almost) everything about this product. great packing, fresh botanical smell, and it feels like heaven on the skin. i find it's great for times when my skin is already in a happy mood. it keeps it there. however if my skin is in break-out mode, it doesn't give me the clean i need. it leaves a bit of an oily film, which is the only thing i don't like about it.