Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

on 1/2/2008 4:54:00 AM

i love (almost) everything about this product. great packing, fresh botanical smell, and it feels like heaven on the skin. i find it's great for times when my skin is already in a happy mood. it keeps it there. however if my skin is in break-out mode, it doesn't give me the clean i need. it leaves a bit of an oily film, which is the only thing i don't like about it.

on 1/1/2008 7:27:00 PM

I started using this product when I ran out of my regular face wash for sensitive skin. I spoke to the consultant and let her know of my skin issues (sensitivity, combination and slight congestion) and she recommended this one for me. After three months, I'm still in love. I usually steer clear of gel cleansers because of the tight, dry feeling they can leave you with, but this one just leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. Since using it, I have noticed my blackheads diminishing and a smoother skin texture. My skin has not reacted to it, either. Highly recommend for anyone who doesn't react to AHAs!

on 1/1/2008 7:06:00 PM

absolute HG cleanser! my skin seriously hasn't been clearer since using this. i suffer from mostly hormonal breakouts. i have blackheads and large pores around my nose and this has really cleared them up. i also get a lot of clogged pores and a few deep cystic pimples that last for months, and since using this, i've noticed a lot less of them. i will say this-in terms of things like blackheads and clogged pores, when you first start using this, you don't notice a huge difference in the way they look-its not like a huge difference in before and after. however, after repeated use, you will start to see a difference. and then the real test is if you all of a sudden stop using it. recently i switched cleansers to something else and i noticed a horrible difference! my skin was dull, my blackheads were horrible, and the clogged pores were coming back! so, i immediately started using the enzyme gel again, and within a few days my skin was clear and glowy again! and not only that, but my skin is seriously, annoyingly combination, meaning i have some dry, flaky patches as well as some spots that are extremely oily and i've never found another cleanser that helped to balance that out so well. my skin seems to be almost normal. it also does a really good job at removing most of my makeup, and i do tend to use heavier coverage and long lasting foundations. you just may need an extra eye-makeup remover. as for the product itself, i think it smells pretty good. i can't really describe the smell, but i like it. it is nonfoaming, which can take some time to get used to, and also sometimes causes you to use more than is needed, but thats really no biggie. all in all, this is a fabulous cleanser that i think is really suitable for all skin types. but just one more note-this cleanser didn't clear up all my acne by itself. i use this in conjunction with a toner and spot treatment, but each individual item does its own part in clearing up my skin.
UPDATE: (07/10/08)-i had to take off one lippie. i started to wear a very long lasting sunscreen and foundation and noticed that this cleanser wasn't getting it all off so i started getting clogged pores. i've since added DHC cleansing oil before this and it works wonderfully. the enzyme cleansing gel is gentle enough to not dry out my skin after the oil.

on 12/31/2007 1:41:00 PM

I liked this product at first.

It left my skin feeling very clean, but after about two weeks of using it, I had really bumpy skin from it.

I switched to Murad Clarifying cleanser and the bumps cleared up.

on 12/30/2007 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this cleanser is average. It doesn't seem to have any effect, positive or negative on my acne, but is super gentle on my combo skin. My biggest complaint with this product was that it never removed all of my concealer, this is less of a concern now since I use Dermalogica's Precleanse first. The scent reminds me of Irish Spring soap. This cleanser is a great value, the bottle is huge and I only need a pea-sized amount.

on 12/30/2007 10:24:00 AM

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how long it took me to review this amazing product!

Having used a sample of this in late 2005, I fell in love with it, but never got to purchasing it because shipping charges are exhorbitant at Mario Badescu.com (still is). I soon gave up trying to swap for it and went on to other faves. Come 2007, I saw the brand being sold at Kit Cosmetics (which by now, you should know, is my favourite cosmetics counter in Perth). I could still remember how luxurious it felt - thick, cushiony texture. But it was more suitable for combination skins, so I had to use a more moisturizing cleanser instead (cleansing milk w/ carnation and rice oil). Now that Iím back in humid Singapore, my skin is oilier than in Australia, so I got re-acquainted with ECG!

One thing about this line of products is that no fragrances are being added, any scent you get comes naturally from the ingredients. And indeed, this cleanser has got a very sweet, fresh and green scent, almost like a cucumber sorta smell. Cleansing powers wise, it also gets full marks. Since using this, my toner-soaked cotton pad comes up clean, EVERY TIME! I like to leave it on (after massaging it on my skin for about 30secs) for another minute or so for the AHAs to work on my dead skin cells. I'm not sure if the AHAs in there actually work, but I always follow up with a manual scrub to get all the dead skin cells rubbed off (I'm a rough!).

It's so moisturizing with the high content of glycerin, I have never felt tight or dry after using the cleanser. I like how it doesn't foam up because my skin don't take foaming cleansers well. I have had my 8oz bottle for 3 months now, and it's only abt 50% gone. Extremely economical even though I bought it in Australia for AUD$32. I know it's a total rip-off as compared to the US price. But hey, it's still worth it than buying something cheap that doesn't work for me.

I'm extremely acne-prone (now controlled by BCPs), and I never had a breakout reaction with this cleanser ever. This is absolute pure love.

on 12/19/2007 2:45:00 PM

Used the sample and bought the real thing. It is surprising because it does not foam like most cleansers. I feel that it cleans better when applied to dry skin rather than to damp skin. Can't say that the product dramatically improved my skin, but it is a good neutralizer. Plus, it's a great value because of how much product you get for the price.

on 12/12/2007 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't use this everyday anymore, but I always keep a bottle of this in the bathroom because when my skin gets sensitized this is the only cleanser my skin will tolerate. it's not foaming, and I find it works better when applied to dry skin than wet skin. it always calms down my skin, and works quickly to smooth it. a staple for me.

on 12/4/2007 8:14:00 PM

I love that Mario Badescu sends out free samples - and it works, because it only makes me want to buy the products! I received this as part of my samples, and it was my favorite part! My face didn't feel like it needed moisturizer afterwards, and it felt just SO CLEAN. My skin cleared up within a few days using this product in conjunction with the Special Cucumber Lotion.

I like the smell of this - fresh and natural. I was expecting something gunky and chemical-smelling, and I'm glad it wasn't! It takes time to get used to the fact it doesn't foam, but for my combination skin, it's perfect and doesn't dry out a spot!

I would buy this again in a heartbeat

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been on the search for a cleanser that is gentle on my sensitive skin but is effective at cleaning out pores and gnk and this is it! I love everything about it! It feels refreshing on skin and smells great! I havent had a breakout yet with this which makes me very happy that I found this skincare line!