August 1, 2014 | 910 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

Just started using this, so this review may be a bit premature but I picked this up because my bottle of Ole Henriksen cleanser was empty and because I was not about to buy another one (more on that later). Anyways, I've always been curious about MB products and they are quite affordable. The MA told be the enzyme wash is their best seller and would be quite good for combo skin. So far, I have to say I agree. Not crazy about the no foam aspect, or the smell (like bad carpet cleaner covering up cigarette smoke), but my face feels really clean afterwards. I usually can feel oil building up on my forehead after a few hours and this doesn't seem to be happening since I started using the enzyme wash. Also, my pores look smaller and my skin has a nice overall glow. So far so good, but I will edit if things change.
EDIT: had to take 2 lippies. this stuff really stinks, and it's very disatisfying at the end of the day not to feel my skin get CLEAN. Will finish the bottle and move on.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2007 2:18:00 AM More reviews by swiftychic2000

Ive had this cleanser for over a yr as i keep trying other ones in between. I dont really like it, the AHAs claimed to be in it do nothing for skin texture etc. Everytime i go back to this one i realise why i never finish it. It is quick thick, upside its smells nice but thats about it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jdesq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great cleanser for my oily/combo, acne-prone skin. It doens't break me out and my skin feels so soft and clean after using. I gently massage a nickel- sized amount (you can actually use less) into wet skin for two minutes and then rinse generously (I always rinse my face the same number as my age...so over 30 times:+) ). I wear mineral makeup so it removes all of my makeup. (It doesn't work as well on liquid foundation). I always use my eye makeup remover after I cleanse my face and then I'll rinse again a few times. I apply toner, AHA serum, eye gel/cream, and hyularonic acid. I like that it doesn't have a lot of ingredients and the fruit enzymes are good for my skin. I LOVE the smell- not everybody will.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by kdorgan4

So far so good. I just got a sample of this bc i wanted to try it. It has a nice smell, to it and suprisingly enough takes off my makeup. I only wear mineral makeup, so that could be why it does. I dont like how it doesnt lather, but it gets the job done. Since using it wth the seaweed cleansing lotion, and the aha ceramide moisturizer, my skin looks great. I also use Neutrogena's pore minimizing face wash 3x a week, to change things up a bit. I will update if I see reallly great results.EDIT
this made the left side of my forehead break out, i dont know if it is this,combined with the aha cream and toner, but im using neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser, scrub and toner and my skin is normal again. no more MB

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by slb74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have spent lots of money on products trying to find that perfect cleanser, and I'm pretty sure this is it. I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts. I haven't had a problem since using this, though. My face feels so clean, but not stripped, after washing. And the scent is really nice. Even my husband has started to use it. It's not too expensive, and you don't have to use all that much, so the bottle will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by mrsfonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is generally a good cleanser if you have dry skin and you want alpha hydroxy acid mixed into a gentle face wash. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to remove makeup as other lathering cleansers do and you don't get that "squeaky" clean feeling afterwards. I use it when I shower in the morning (when you don't really need to clean your face). I rarely ever use it after applying makeup. I follow up with the Special Cucumber lotion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not happy with this cleanser. Found it to be too thick for my combo skin (mild rosacea on cheeks). The natural AHAs may have been too much for my cheeks because they turned more red with this cleanser. Also, I developed some nasty pimples (a bit in from the hairline) and I NEVER get pimples. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by twiggyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i really like this face wash alot! i am a freak about washing my face and this deffinetly allows me to wash my skin 3 times a day without srtiping my skin. it smells really good and and it is very gentle! it doesnt clean SUPER deep down, bc when i use the mario badescu drying lotion, all of the pink stuff doesnt come off with just one use of this cleanser..but i dont think that is entirly a bad thing because it shows how it doesnt stip skin. a cleanser i always want to have around, you people call it HG or something? haha

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Sjjj2002

I love this cleanser!!! It smells delicious and even better my skin glows and feels so soft after I wash with this. It makes your skin really clean without stripping away the moisture. You can't beat the price either!! I have combination/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face wash. It cleans my makeup off completely, and its effective in removing surface oil without burning sensation on my sensitive areas on my face. Smells wonderful, gel-based creaminess that I enjoy washing my face 2 times a day(instead I hated having to rub my face and burning/stinging with other cleansers for oily skin). you get alot for your money I bought the 8oz and it will last me ages.