September 19, 2014 | 985 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 3:10:00 AM More reviews by lala_tee

The best thing I like about this product is the smell (its screaming natural and nutritious). It makes you WANT to wash ur face in the morning!! The packaging is also really smart..u can access the product with ur eyes closed and after using this product everytime i went on a plane I didnt need to worry that when i open my luggage my cleanser would have exploded everywhere. Mario products r cheaper than other big brands cos they dont spend money on colourful glossy packaging. What u pay for is wats inside the bottle :)
As for effectiveness, i have sensitive combo skin, acne prone and this product removes oil without drying/irritating my skin! It feels sooo good on the skin (and did i mention the smell?) and cos my skin isnt tight after applying it its so tempting to just skip the toning and moisturising! Im not really sure how effective this is for preventing pimples, but I no it does clean the skin super well, soothes breakouts and improves the overall texture of the skin! Even tho I'm acne prone I personally don't mind that this cleanser isnt designed to cure acne, after all that's what treatments are for. Besides, I believe in balance and if everything u use in ur routine is designed to deepl exfoliate or dry out spots or renew cells, ur sure to tire ur skin out!! A gentle cleanser that does its job (cleanse) and improves skin complexion makes sense to me :)
Tip: when u cleanse, leave it on for 30 seconds so ur skin can actually abosrb all the goodness!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have no problems with this product, its a nice gentle cleanser that leaves my face feeling nice, soft and clean. However for how much it costs its not really worth it I could easily buy a cheaper drugstore cleanser that left the same effect. Nice cleanser just too pricey, wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by andreautick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A couple months ago, I decided to get an actual skincare routine going--you know, one with a cleanser, toner, moisurizer, etc. I knew MB woudl send samples, so I took the skin survey and had the samples sent to me. I tried them all out and I liked the idea behind them, the simple ingredients, and the way they smelled/felt on my skin. So I used the samples for a week, religiously, day and night. My skin was good, no breakouts, so I ordered the full size of the main products they sent, one of which was this cleansing gel. I kept using it, in the recommended way, and my skin started to get worse and worse. I have combo skin that is dry on cheeks, normal in t-zone, and sensitive, and will breakout from the wrong products. So, I thought maybe it was hormones and kept using it. But, it got worse and worse to the point where I had to start wearing foundation just to cover the small, yet deep, whiteheads all over. I quit using this cleansing gel, and switched back to my old cleanser, and my skin calmed down almost immediately. I will use this on my back from time to time after workouts to ward of "bacne" but, I will never use this on my face again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lmarschel

I have been using this product for about 2 months now and at first I didn't like it because it doesn't remove eye makeup that well and when it use it at night, for example, there is a thin layer of oil on my nose when I wake up, same thing if I use it in the morning- by the end of the day my nose is oilier than usual. BUT. I do like it overall and it has gotten better. I have had no break outs, I have not gotten a new pimple since I started using it. My combo skin typically has slightly dry cheeks and forehead and oily nose but never before having this product have I had that layer of oil on my nose in the morning. I tried the MB silver powder but not sure it is doing anything for me. So yeah, the nose is getting less oily and overall my skin looks and feels better for using it.
Update: Still using this after 2 years. I went to the makeup counter to buy some more MB moisturizer and asked if the lady suggested using anything different for the winter. She asked me what problems or complaints I have about my skin and to my amazement I had none! She kept asking and I kept saying no, not that, no, not that either. So I guess this is working well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

Just started using this, so this review may be a bit premature but I picked this up because my bottle of Ole Henriksen cleanser was empty and because I was not about to buy another one (more on that later). Anyways, I've always been curious about MB products and they are quite affordable. The MA told be the enzyme wash is their best seller and would be quite good for combo skin. So far, I have to say I agree. Not crazy about the no foam aspect, or the smell (like bad carpet cleaner covering up cigarette smoke), but my face feels really clean afterwards. I usually can feel oil building up on my forehead after a few hours and this doesn't seem to be happening since I started using the enzyme wash. Also, my pores look smaller and my skin has a nice overall glow. So far so good, but I will edit if things change.
EDIT: had to take 2 lippies. this stuff really stinks, and it's very disatisfying at the end of the day not to feel my skin get CLEAN. Will finish the bottle and move on.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2007 2:18:00 AM More reviews by swiftychic2000

Ive had this cleanser for over a yr as i keep trying other ones in between. I dont really like it, the AHAs claimed to be in it do nothing for skin texture etc. Everytime i go back to this one i realise why i never finish it. It is quick thick, upside its smells nice but thats about it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jdesq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great cleanser for my oily/combo, acne-prone skin. It doens't break me out and my skin feels so soft and clean after using. I gently massage a nickel- sized amount (you can actually use less) into wet skin for two minutes and then rinse generously (I always rinse my face the same number as my age...so over 30 times:+) ). I wear mineral makeup so it removes all of my makeup. (It doesn't work as well on liquid foundation). I always use my eye makeup remover after I cleanse my face and then I'll rinse again a few times. I apply toner, AHA serum, eye gel/cream, and hyularonic acid. I like that it doesn't have a lot of ingredients and the fruit enzymes are good for my skin. I LOVE the smell- not everybody will.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by kdorgan4

So far so good. I just got a sample of this bc i wanted to try it. It has a nice smell, to it and suprisingly enough takes off my makeup. I only wear mineral makeup, so that could be why it does. I dont like how it doesnt lather, but it gets the job done. Since using it wth the seaweed cleansing lotion, and the aha ceramide moisturizer, my skin looks great. I also use Neutrogena's pore minimizing face wash 3x a week, to change things up a bit. I will update if I see reallly great results.EDIT
this made the left side of my forehead break out, i dont know if it is this,combined with the aha cream and toner, but im using neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser, scrub and toner and my skin is normal again. no more MB

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by slb74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have spent lots of money on products trying to find that perfect cleanser, and I'm pretty sure this is it. I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts. I haven't had a problem since using this, though. My face feels so clean, but not stripped, after washing. And the scent is really nice. Even my husband has started to use it. It's not too expensive, and you don't have to use all that much, so the bottle will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by mrsfonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is generally a good cleanser if you have dry skin and you want alpha hydroxy acid mixed into a gentle face wash. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to remove makeup as other lathering cleansers do and you don't get that "squeaky" clean feeling afterwards. I use it when I shower in the morning (when you don't really need to clean your face). I rarely ever use it after applying makeup. I follow up with the Special Cucumber lotion.