April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by mrsfonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is generally a good cleanser if you have dry skin and you want alpha hydroxy acid mixed into a gentle face wash. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to remove makeup as other lathering cleansers do and you don't get that "squeaky" clean feeling afterwards. I use it when I shower in the morning (when you don't really need to clean your face). I rarely ever use it after applying makeup. I follow up with the Special Cucumber lotion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not happy with this cleanser. Found it to be too thick for my combo skin (mild rosacea on cheeks). The natural AHAs may have been too much for my cheeks because they turned more red with this cleanser. Also, I developed some nasty pimples (a bit in from the hairline) and I NEVER get pimples. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by twiggyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i really like this face wash alot! i am a freak about washing my face and this deffinetly allows me to wash my skin 3 times a day without srtiping my skin. it smells really good and and it is very gentle! it doesnt clean SUPER deep down, bc when i use the mario badescu drying lotion, all of the pink stuff doesnt come off with just one use of this cleanser..but i dont think that is entirly a bad thing because it shows how it doesnt stip skin. a cleanser i always want to have around, you people call it HG or something? haha

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Sjjj2002

I love this cleanser!!! It smells delicious and even better my skin glows and feels so soft after I wash with this. It makes your skin really clean without stripping away the moisture. You can't beat the price either!! I have combination/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face wash. It cleans my makeup off completely, and its effective in removing surface oil without burning sensation on my sensitive areas on my face. Smells wonderful, gel-based creaminess that I enjoy washing my face 2 times a day(instead I hated having to rub my face and burning/stinging with other cleansers for oily skin). you get alot for your money I bought the 8oz and it will last me ages.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by workandgirl

I got this as a sample from the MB website after I read on MUA that if you fill out a questionaire, MB will send you free samples that have been customized to your answers. sounded like a great deal since i've always wanted to try his stuff!

i wish i could say i love this cleanser, because i was obsessed with it the first two times i used it... then... well, i got a HUGE rash under my eyes. and it was weird because it started as pain like i was getting a sty and then while a sty never produced, a huge eczema type rash did produce. i also got a lot of problem rash spots in several other places on my face.

i know that some people might say this was from other things... but there is no way i got a rash from anything else since my skin care routine did not change other than this.

i wish i could say i love this, because the first two days, i did. but after that nasty rash and the effects that came with it.... ugh!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by littlecabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and this cleanser is very gentle and non-drying. The price is low- 8 dollars for 8 ounces that has lasted me nearly a year. The ingredient list is short, which I like: water, glycerin, papaya extract, grapefruit extract, monomide, triethanolamine, methylparaben. However, it does not take off makeup very well and the benefits of having fruit AHAs is questionable since it doesn't stay on the skin very long nor does it seem to have much exfoliatant effects. Overall a good, but basic non-foaming cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:36:00 PM More reviews by gaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have never taken Mario Badescu seriously. I've always been put off by its cheap packaging. I also always use High end pdts so beleive that any thing cheaper doesnt do much!. But I think I will have to change my mind. This one is a very good cleanser. I have oily, acne prone, acne marks, dark skin. I use this cleanser every night, removes all my make up (not that i use much), and leaves skin really clean. It has AHA's in it but it isnt very strong. Skin doesnt feel overly dry, its very well balanced. I dont use toners. This one is a keeper. I have also tried Glycolic foaming cleanser and Special cucumber lotion but dont think much of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bareMAC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is amayzing, on your face it feels like silk! It dosen't foam which is a little hard to get used to at first because it dosen't feel like it is really cleaning your face, but it does. It smells great, and the price isnt that bad. Since i've been using it my acne has cleared up a lot, its pretty much gone! Oh, and if you like it (you should get a sample) buy it in the bigger bottle and save some money! Try Mario Badescu products they are great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

at first i liked this cleanser. it smelled great, seemed to cleanse well and made my skin feel smooth and soft. unfortunately, i am sensitive to the AHA's in this product, and after a while my skin became increasingly red and sensitive. one day, i went to the beach and i swear my skin got an angry-red rash near my mouth, even though i was wearing sunscreen. it hurt to be outside. i stopped using this, and the problem went away. not good if you live in destin, florida.