August 20, 2014 | 1885 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I was new to NARS and didn't have a blush of theirs, I decided to go with the Albatross / Orgasm Highlighting - Bronzing Blush Duo, since you get more product for a relatively good price (5g / 0.18oz each for 28 compared to 4.8g / 0.17oz for 19.50). So if you want to get into NARS blushes and the Albatross highlighter, whilst craving the shade Orgasm, Torrid or Sin, definitely go for the duos.

I see that Albatross is very well liked here, and I'm not surprised. It's a wonderful, golden highlighter that isn't to shimmery and looks very natural if applied with a light hand. However, it doesn't work for me without some sort of foundation. My face is cool toned, but my neck and chest are warm (for the most part, where the skin isn't too veined) so I get away with using warm foundation to match the rest of my body. If I skip my foundation, it looks slightly out of place. It's warm, golden sheen is too strong, and doesn't look natural. Even the rather frosty, Stila Kitten eye shadow I sometimes use as a highlighter looks more natural than Albatross.

Yet, I am still using Albatross and not giving it a bad rating. Why? Because overall, it's still a good product. It's incredibly convenient to use it as a highlighter all over the face and the brow bone. The texture is somewhere between medium and soft, and I have to be carefull so that I don't pick up too much product. On top of that, it's finely milled, and not a glitter bomb.

To sum it up: If you have warm undertones, go for it. I can imagine that it must look wonderful for fair, east Asian girls. If you have neutral undertones, beware, and if you are cool-toned, avoid. I will definitely use it up, but I won't repurchase once I'm done with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by dopista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a NC42 and NARS albatross if my HG highlighter. It has definately got a golden undertone and suits most skin tones. In my search for a highlighter I tried samples of MAC Vanilla pigment and Benefit's Highbeam and Moonbeam but Albatross won over them all. It imparts a very subtle but noticeable cheekbone highlight which brightens my face instantly. I also use it to highlight my cupid's bow for a fuller lip look. As with all NARS blushes a little goes a long way so I do not think I will ever finish my pan but if I do I would repurchase. If you can get your hands on the albtross/torrid duo then thats even better as both are HG status products for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a nice highlighter but not one I could use everyday on my NC/NW20 skin. It creates a golden sheen (much like the golden sparkle in Orgasm blush but w/o the blush tint). It's wasn't day-time appropriate because it looked so golden and quite un-natural. I think this would look better on me in the summer with tanned skin. Overall I think this may suit darker skin tones much better if you want to use it dailyand not just as a nighttime look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

Perfect highlight beautiful golden glow that works with both cool and warm colors without being too frosty or shimmery. Yes its $26 but it lasts forever ive had mine for almost 2 years and the pan in nowhere in sight.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Sydneystardust

The perfect highlighter

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Missl3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cant tell you how much I love this! I use it as a highlighter and eyeshadow. It looks great swept over cheekbones, chest, and nose. I use it under my eyes to make them look more awake, and on my upper lip to highlight my cupids bow. Its has soft golden pearl finish that is so flattering on all skin tones. Its very universal and gives me a perfect glowing finish. The formula is very silky and blendable. Would definitely recommend, you cant go wrong with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lovelyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One swatch and you will fall in love! It is the prettiest golden, light highlighter. I have only used it as a highlighter for my cheek bones and I apply some to the tip of my nose and so forth, and it is beautiful! I think everyone should have this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sirenlunaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this powder now, and I just got it a couple of weeks ago. It is the perfect color - light, a little golden. I use it on the brow bone every time I apply eyeshadow, except for if I am doing a purple or cool brown look. I used to use MAC Shroom or Urban Decay Sin as a highlight most of the time, but that has definitely changed. I've also used it to highlight above my lip, and that worked out nicely as well. This is my first NARS product, too... and I think I will try out more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by NewRibena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow...although I've heard so much about this highlighter and watched YouTubers using it for some time now, I was still shocked at the beauty of it when I applied it to my face. As a dark complexion girl the brightness while in the compact can be a shocker but after the first stroke I was sold on this product. I don't consider it for everyday use but it definitly amps up my look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pros: GREAT highlighter for brows, nose, cheekbones, anything. The quality is amazing and a little goes a long way. Compact comes with a mirror. The compact is also high quality.

Cons: Expensive.

Buy again? Definitely :)