July 31, 2014 | 1384 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sharibyers

I bought this product because of the "foundation faker/one shade fits most/fake-it-don't-cake-it" hype. This product is definitely NOT for gals with oily skin - you will be greasy greasy greasy within a very short time! Sadly, it's going back :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by earlyonemorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I brought this as part of a miniatures combo pack from sephora- the compact is a little more than an inch in diameter and doesn't have a mirror.

It's very sheer, and really is foundation-faker. I would recommend it for slight redness, but under another power foundation. It could probably be used in a fix if you don't have your foundation with you, unless you want to spend the time to build up the color that way. The creme goes on silky to a powder form, but it doesn't stay for very long. Good for touch-ups throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 More reviews by leslyevalentin

I truly love this product. It goes on very sheer and stays put all day. I wasn't one to wear foundation but if you need a natural look, this is truly the way to go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finished using one of these and just kept it for the mirror. Thinking back, the sponge was very unsanitary to use with the compact. No wonder I broke out so many times!
It is quite creamy and has a light to medium coverage. The feeling that it leaves on my face is nice and smooth. Somehow the packaging and method of application deters me from buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Norlite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this a lot. I'm on my second compact now. It's sheer, which is what I was looking for, and the term Benefit uses, foundation faker, is accurate imo. Sheer coverage, silky smooth feel on the skin, good colour match on my face anyway. It was also recommended to me by a SA in Shoppers as a light coverage that wouldn't settle the fine lines of my 53 year old face, and it doesn't! I use a wedge to apply, and blend, blend blend. Gives me just the evening out of my skin tone I need, with the nice dewy, not shiny, finish I want.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by boxingbunnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, I have to say that the packaging for this product is adorable!! I bought this foundation along with Boi-ing Concealer, and they work pretty well together. The coverage is quite sheer, so if you have a lot of blemishes or heavy dark circles, this might not work well for you, but I like the way this foundation feels so light on my skin, and it looks very natural, but it is a little too oily for the summer months. I have started using it again now that it's winter, and I love it! However, I won't be repurchasing because, like most BeneFit products, it's very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Urgh! Another waste of money and another bit of make-up thrown in the ''old make-up box' that I don't want to throw away as it was expensive but prob won't use again. I do have oily skin but the lady at the BeneFit counter said it would be great. It's awful. Its really greasy and when you put it on your face it doesn't go on evenly, it has a really orange tinge to it and it doesn't stay on for five minutes before it's practically running off your face. Really dissapointed and a complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Dollykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff was pretty good. I just started using products that weren't from the drug store, so this was a huge difference for me. This was my first non-drugstore foundation and I like it. The only thing that bothered me was it was a bit orangy, and I really had to blend because I have fair skin. And since I had to blend so much, it was a very sheer coverage, which is okay because my skin isn't bad.

I wouldn't recommend this if you don't want sheer coverage. I think too many people try to keep putting more and more on to cover, using too much and causing it to look cakey. I don't think it's meant for that.

I only dab my finger in it a little, and rub a bit around each eye, around my nose, a little on my forehead, and some on my chin. I had a sample of this from Sephora and the sample lasted me almost a month because I didn't need that much.

All and all, it really did make my skin look nice and smooth. But I think I'm going to move on to another, just because it is expensive and too orange for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Saragori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product! I have eczema on my face which means dryness and red skin and some kind-a gorgeous completely covers it up and makes my skin look smooth. Of course i had to test the product out before purchasing to see if i had an allergic reaction to it and fortunately, i didnt! I also like the fact it perfectly matches my skin tone (im indian with medium brown skin tone so got deep). Downsides are theres not enough and it costs a lot. Also even though its moisturising, it can get greasy so i have to usually set it with loose powder. But i have found the perfect foundation for me and will definitely buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by KristaDior

Don’t let the cute packaging fool you… especially with Benefit Cosmetics. They have a lot of good products that are worth the money, but with products like this, it makes me wonder how they stay in business. The product is very unsanitary and gets pretty gross-looking after you have used it a few times with the sponge that lives underneath the product. The product actually doesn’t last too long since you have to reapply it several times per day, and at only .34 ounces, it’s definitely not worth the price. A 1 oz foundation, like one of my most favorite foundations, Boots No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation, goes on sale for around $11 bucks, and it works much better!

Pros: Umm.. the mirror that comes inside the compact is cute, I guess.

Cons: Just another “cute” product by Benefit. It looks okay for about 2 minutes, then it starts to look like you just ate KFC in about 105 degrees..greasy, oily.. and what do you end up doing? You grab the sponge and you pat more product over your oil, and it all transfers onto the sponge and lives there for the remainder of the product’s days. Not so sanitary. This product is available in only two shades. I broke out from using this product and there are NO “Benefit”s to using this product.. no vitamins, minerals, antioxidants.. but did I mention it had a cool mirror?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No