November 23, 2014 | 2079 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i liked that it didn't feel like i was wearing makeup, but it looked all orange-y on me!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by athnamas

I loved this product about 3 months ago, and now going back to it, I don't really remember why I loved it so much.

Its sheer, so it doesn't quite cover as well as I would like. It is for girls (or boys) with relatively clear complexions.
It is also pretty oily, which didn't bother my skin too much, but the reason my sister threw it in my direction one day after she bought it is that she has oily skin, and it made her shiny all over.

The sponge gets pretty gross, but the mirror is a good size.

I used to really love the Benefit packaging, but maybe I've all of a sudden grown up or something, but I now find it a little childish and annoying that its so obviously marketed towards younger girls.

I said that I wouldn't buy this product again, but I'll re-assess after seeing how I feel in another 3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sharibyers

I bought this product because of the "foundation faker/one shade fits most/fake-it-don't-cake-it" hype. This product is definitely NOT for gals with oily skin - you will be greasy greasy greasy within a very short time! Sadly, it's going back :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by earlyonemorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I brought this as part of a miniatures combo pack from sephora- the compact is a little more than an inch in diameter and doesn't have a mirror.

It's very sheer, and really is foundation-faker. I would recommend it for slight redness, but under another power foundation. It could probably be used in a fix if you don't have your foundation with you, unless you want to spend the time to build up the color that way. The creme goes on silky to a powder form, but it doesn't stay for very long. Good for touch-ups throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 More reviews by leslyevalentin

I truly love this product. It goes on very sheer and stays put all day. I wasn't one to wear foundation but if you need a natural look, this is truly the way to go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finished using one of these and just kept it for the mirror. Thinking back, the sponge was very unsanitary to use with the compact. No wonder I broke out so many times!
It is quite creamy and has a light to medium coverage. The feeling that it leaves on my face is nice and smooth. Somehow the packaging and method of application deters me from buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Norlite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this a lot. I'm on my second compact now. It's sheer, which is what I was looking for, and the term Benefit uses, foundation faker, is accurate imo. Sheer coverage, silky smooth feel on the skin, good colour match on my face anyway. It was also recommended to me by a SA in Shoppers as a light coverage that wouldn't settle the fine lines of my 53 year old face, and it doesn't! I use a wedge to apply, and blend, blend blend. Gives me just the evening out of my skin tone I need, with the nice dewy, not shiny, finish I want.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by boxingbunnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, I have to say that the packaging for this product is adorable!! I bought this foundation along with Boi-ing Concealer, and they work pretty well together. The coverage is quite sheer, so if you have a lot of blemishes or heavy dark circles, this might not work well for you, but I like the way this foundation feels so light on my skin, and it looks very natural, but it is a little too oily for the summer months. I have started using it again now that it's winter, and I love it! However, I won't be repurchasing because, like most BeneFit products, it's very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Urgh! Another waste of money and another bit of make-up thrown in the ''old make-up box' that I don't want to throw away as it was expensive but prob won't use again. I do have oily skin but the lady at the BeneFit counter said it would be great. It's awful. Its really greasy and when you put it on your face it doesn't go on evenly, it has a really orange tinge to it and it doesn't stay on for five minutes before it's practically running off your face. Really dissapointed and a complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Dollykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff was pretty good. I just started using products that weren't from the drug store, so this was a huge difference for me. This was my first non-drugstore foundation and I like it. The only thing that bothered me was it was a bit orangy, and I really had to blend because I have fair skin. And since I had to blend so much, it was a very sheer coverage, which is okay because my skin isn't bad.

I wouldn't recommend this if you don't want sheer coverage. I think too many people try to keep putting more and more on to cover, using too much and causing it to look cakey. I don't think it's meant for that.

I only dab my finger in it a little, and rub a bit around each eye, around my nose, a little on my forehead, and some on my chin. I had a sample of this from Sephora and the sample lasted me almost a month because I didn't need that much.

All and all, it really did make my skin look nice and smooth. But I think I'm going to move on to another, just because it is expensive and too orange for my skin.