Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 12/13/2007 8:24:00 PM

I got two samples of this with my recent saks.com beauty order so I thought I would give it a try. I don't think it is anything super, super amazing, but it's a decent enough, very natural looking mascara, which I like. The color is good and I did not have any problems with clumping - the biggest thing I care about. My natural lashes are long and thick, so I like to highlight them and don't like anything too drastic. With my new Saks purchase of the awesome Laura Mercier bleu marine liner (oh and the LM flatbrush too!) and tightlining technique I learned on MUA, I love the way it all looks together! I like this Chanel mascara a whole lot better than the Diorshow one I spent too much on at Sephora. The Diorshow clumps horribly on me and is just too overpowering. Would I spend full price to purchase the Chanel Inimitable mascara? Probably not. But as long as I keep buying beauty products things off saks online (I really need to stop!) and getting this Chanel one for free, I'll keep using it and am really happy with the results!

I was so excited to try this product, as I'm on the hunt for the perfect mascara, but it dissapointed me. It definitely didn't make as much of an impact as other $30 mascaras I have tried, and I'd even take Maybelline Great Lash over it. One good thing I can say is that I bought the waterproof formula and have worn it through an outdoor music festival in hot, humid Austin, Texas and while swimming and it never, ever budged. However, it went on more like a lash tint than a mascara. It's very similar to Lorac's publicity stunt mascara. No thickening power, very little lengthening power, but it did stay put and make my lashes pitch black.

on 12/7/2007 3:13:00 PM

This is the best mascara for short, fair lashes. It is not clumpy and adds length but is still natural enough (I previously used Clinique Naturally Glossy). Love it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For the price, this is awful! I really did expect better things. It promises everything (volume, curl, length) and delivers nothing. The only mascara to completely kill my curl. This should be marketed as a natural-look mascara. I am hoping to get my money back.

on 11/30/2007 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

EDITED: will buy again , I have bought in the past two years YSL Faux Cils (clumps and takes forever to dry) L'Oreal Voluminous (meh) and came back to Chanel. Why ? Because leaves my lashes clean and nicely done. Lovely

on 11/28/2007 5:49:00 PM

Allure rated this as the top mascara for the year in their annual Best Of edition. I don't think it is as good as DiorShow by far, but I believe it is as good as Lancome Hypnose and Virtuose. It separates nicely with a great brush and lengthens fairly well, but I won't buy it again. I think I'm going to stick with DiorShow after doing a lot of "research" in this area.

on 11/22/2007 3:44:00 PM

Average mascara, tried a sample and wasn't impressed. Seperating but didn't do much to lengthen or volumise lashes. Doesn't even compare to my HG mascara Lancome Hypnose. Sample dried out quickly so will not purchase.

on 11/21/2007 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got a sample of this and didnt think much of it.. I was expecting a wow but no. It wasn't amazing or anything. My medium length stiff downward lashes weren't beautified in anyway. I dont know if the sample I got was a bit dried out but I tried it once and never trying it again. I'll stick with my definicils!

on 11/16/2007 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This did nothing for my Asian lashes either. I like the brush but that's about it. I agree with the other reviewer whosaid it made her lashes droop even after curling - same thing happened to me.

on 11/14/2007 3:50:00 PM