December 21, 2014 | 1900 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one wild product, and I don't know if I'm in love with it or scared to death of it. To its credit, it WILL stop your sweat. It will stop your sweat at any cost, in fact. This is the only antiperspirant I've ever seen that will do that- even on days with 100 degree heat and insane humidity.

The only reason I'm not giving Certain Dri the five lippies it probably deserves is that my chest broke out shortly after I started using the product. I can't say for certain, but I'm reasonably sure there's some correlation between this and that. If you've used this product and haven't seen that result, good for you and please ignore this review- I'm just putting it out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Itís like Lip Venom for your armpits! You get used to the tingle, too, just like Lip Venom. Itís so strong, that when I take a shower and try to wash my Ďpits, they cannot get wet. Even after scrubbing they stay dry. Sounds scary, but when your BO gets noticeable when youíre at the office, youíll do just about anything to beat that stink down into submission. At least a deodorant this strong *exists*. Read the product info carefully, they say only apply at night and never apply after shaving. This stuff is no joke. And itís not even expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by CurvyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a lifesaver!!! I never had a perspiration problem until after I had kids. I don't know if it's hormonal, but whatever was causing it, it was awful. Whether winter or summer, I always had huge wet spots on my shirts. When I was sweating through both a sweater and a suede jacket, I decided maybe I needed to see a doctor. Fortunately, I read the reviews here first, and gave this a try. I used it every day for about four days, and then I decreased it gradually. Now I use it about once a week (at night) and use either the Certain Dri am roll-on or stick version in the morning. It itched like crazy the first few nights I used it, but I kept using it. It still itches now even after using it for over a year, but not as bad. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with this product. For me, the itching (which does fade) is a small price to pay for how well this product works. I can wear anything without worrying. It is very inexpensive as well, which is a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! Made my pit stains ancient history after just a few uses (but only after combined with the AM formula). These two products together are just wonderful and definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lauraaz

This review is for the Certain Dri Solid Version- I found it at walgreens and couldn't be happier. Its a good price, $6. Also, with this solid version theres no dripping during application. I already am sweating less, and in 105* weather that says a lot. The stick is white, and dried clear almost instantly- I didn't have problems with this staining my clothes. I did not have of the stinging that others have described, I don't know if its because its the solid version or just the amount I used.
I wish I had found this earlier! I used to use Degree Ultra Clear, because it had worked great, but over the last yr it seems like to it stopped working as well so I needed something better. I'm so happy I found this!
update- it was 112 today and its still working :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*****UPDATE: So I tried this product again and it made me itch soo bad. It still didn't work. think I'm through with it.*****

I don't understand why this WONT work for me. Ever since applying, I've still continued to sweat like crazy. I don't experience the itching, or burning that some others have and it is doing a good job at keeping odor away, so I don't need any other deodorant. But it does NOTHING for how much I sweat. My underarms and shirts continue to be soaked. I will continue to use until I use this all up because I really want this to work...hopefully, it'll just kick in one day.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by SouthernAngel

I tend to sweat a lot and ordinary antipersperants weren't helping. I tried Certain Dri and I am torn about it. On one hand, it really works. I applied it at night and it really lasted at least 2 days. It dried quickly but the packaging does worn to let it dry completely before putting clothes on since it can bleach clothes.

The reason I am torn and will not repurchase is because it really irritated my underarms. I have sensitive underarm skin and eventually, it was just too irritating. I have since switched to Secret clinical strength and am much happier. But if you don't have sensitive skin and need tough protection, this would probably work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by khands

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this once a day. Right before I go to bed. It works wonderfully. I had a problem, but this solved it! I use Degree deodorant in the morning, just because it is a habit and it makes me feel more secure, I'm sure I don't need it. It does sting/itch for a few minutes after I put it on. I just wait it out go eat or something to get my mind off of it. The sting/itch goes away, and it works wonders. The watery roller thing isn't the greatest, but I'll put up with it because it works. Worth every penny...although the bottle could be a bit cuter, it looks like something my grandma would use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by brittany23

THIS PRODUCT IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! I've always had a major sweating problem on my underarms, and it would go through my shirts, ughh gross and more than anything embarassing! I saw CD on tv years ago, bought it, and have been using it for about 4 yrs, and now I don't even have a dot of sweat under my arms, even when it's 103 degrees out here in Texas and when I'm working out! TRY IT YA'LL :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jlynn1986

I am SOOO happy I tried this. I sweat like a man, and on a girl that just ain't sexy. I read on the instructions (definitely read those!) not to use this right after you shave. I took a shower, SHAVED, and was like, ok, can't use right after...sooo I will wait 1/2 hour. NO. Burned and itched so bad I couldn't sleep!! I have a system now where I shave every other day, and apply this on the no-shave-days. Perfect. No burning at all.

I seriously have not sweat since I have been using this. It is unbelievable. I could be sitting in my car at a stop light, windows down, sweat pouring down my forehead and back...but nooo sweat under the armpits! It's a miracle I tell ya!! Since it has no odor, I also put on scented deodorant in the morning to stay *fresh*!

The ONLY think I hate about this is that is it has a water consistency in a roll-in style deodorant thing which leads to:
1) not being able to turn it on its side like other deodorants or else leakage occurs (you kind of have to "splash" it upward to it roll out on the ball)
2) very wet armpits for a good 5-10 minutes
3) Certain Dri dripping down your sides..(no side sweat??) hm.

Anyway, I have already recommended this to my mom and roommate, and I would always repurchase. Nothing to lose except pit stains!