April 17, 2014 | 913 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have finally found my HG foundation.

I apply this with a brush and it blends lovely and I get pretty good coverage. I used to use a powder foundation on top with other makes but I'm hardly using a powder anymore. I do like the pump application but I guess I will get some wasted when I finish it, but I have been using it nearly everyday for 3 months and still have loads in the bottle.

I have dry/acne prone and sensitive skin and this caused no reaction at all. The best thing about it is that (for me at least) it lasts all day. I work 8-5 and even by 5pm I have no flakes even on the odd spot and I don't go all shiny even after 9 hours in the central heating. I can leave it on until I take it off before going to bed. It comes off easily with makeup remover and with a good cleanser. I will defintiely be buying again!

**EDIT** Feb 2010

Still my HG foundation another bottle later. I use colour 010 - probably one of the fairest colours. It still was a tiny bit dark on me so I also use Lancome's loose powder to seal it in, in Translucent and highlight with the blush subtil in Rose. All of this means my makeup stays in place all day long - whether I'm inside or out all day. It all comes off easily with a cleansing wipe, then I wash my face properly and tone - all foundation is removed.

My only issue was getting to the end of my first bottle, a bit of foundation was wasted along the sides and at the bottom. I tried using the pump end to scrape it out but it ended up snapping. Small price to pay I guess for a more hygenic application.

After a days work I still have no shine anywhere and I don't feel greasy. I would recommend a good skin care routine to stop any break outs but as long as I've taken all the foundation off well, I have had no skin problems at all. Still very pleased with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by seiya_odango

This is my HG foundation. I have very sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. It's been a nightmare trying to find a liquid foundation that doesn't break me out, but I have never had any problems with this foundation. I wear Bisque 6 which is a warm shade, perfect for my tan Asian skin. (MAC NC42 for reference)

The coverage is moderate to full and it gives a natural matte finish to the skin. It covers most of my acne scars and stays put for most of the day- I only have to powder lightly mid-day. A little goes a long way. I've found best results with this when I apply with a highlighting brush in a stippling motion, then blend out with a dampened sponge. I love the coverage and the finish it always looks fresh and natural. I hope they never change it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by hotdot2122

This is my Holy Grail foundation! I love it! Its got excellent medium coverage with a beautiful finish. Its super light, wears ALL day and doesn't come off on my clothes, or phone, etc. Its great for my oily skin, keeps the oil at bay and makes me look picture perfect all day. I switched back to Clinique Even Better for a day and it was a nightmare! My skin looked blotchy, uneven, pink and like I had a horrible complexion. My boss even told me it looked like shit! lol. Won't do that again. I feel like a supermodel with this on! Love the pump applicator and the price is decent. Its super silky and smooth, doesn't clump up or creep into lines. It seriously is the BEST i've ever tried. Hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mshuynh

Update: after using it for some time i have found more negatives, when my skin is dry i cannot use this, it is too dry. Also after wearing it all day the colour oxidizes and starts going orangie. Shame as coverage is so good without looking Daley ( for the first 2 hrs anyway)

Ok this is my opinion of the product, after reading the other reviews it looks confusing as some say its drying and others are saying its too oily, guess thats all to do with skin types. my skin type is an oily t-zone but with dry patches due to using BP. I also have acne prone skin that reacts to certain products. i work in a Department store and one day the Lancome SA said she had a foundation she thought would work well for me. i went to see her and she gave me a sample of this in ivoire 2 (C) to see if i would react to it. the sample lasted me over 2 weeks and i did not notice my acne getting any worse. so i went ahead and got a bottle. the colour match was very good on my skin, but in winter may need a light shade when i'm not tanned. i found that you had to put it on and blend it quickly before it set. it was very easy to blend and not hard to do this at all. it covered all my imperfections!!! i did not need to use concealor at all!!!! when i first used it my DH said my skin looked amazing and asked what i did. it also photographs well. i did find it could get a little cakey around the eyebrows so make sure you blend out really well around them and any creases you may have. it is definately mattifying for me, it also lasted all day and stayed the same all the time. the bottle lasted me 3-4 months. i would say make sure you moisturise before hand and i applied just after my moisturise had dried. if you are curious about this ask for a sample to see how your skin likes the product, everyones different.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by blondie2cute

Do not use this foundation if you have dry skin. All the SA's would match me with this foundation when I went to the Bay but it is the worst for dry skin. It is oil-free, but the way it stays on all day is suck the oil from your skin to stay on. If you have dry skin it starts getting patchy and dry, and then I get really itchy. I also couldn't find a good color match (NW20)

I suffered for 2 years using this expensive foundation (50$ here) because there was nothing better. Now, I'm ordering MUFE F&B because it is much more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by a2makeup

This product is actually surprisingly good for Lancome. It was my first liquid foundation ever. I don't use it anymore, but I did for quite a while. Okay, so it has good coverage and covered up some things, but it was cakey sometimes and made my blemishes like peel....EW! But anyway, it's good for winter but for summer, I don't like it. I don't know why. The packing is pretty much the only thing that gets an A++++++. It looks and feels so fragile, but if you drop it on the floor, it isn't damaged at all!! It's sooooo amazing!! But it will mark up the floor :p And also it has a really good amount in there. Almost too much. Wouldn't really buy again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Janeyd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product!

It leaves me looking natural, and I can easily make the coverage as sheer or as full as I like. The staying power is amazing - esp when used in combination with a good primer - and there is no need for a powder. The finish was a lovely matt, powdery look with out being too flat.

The colour 01 is pefect for me, and trust me sometimes that is a mission to find!

I used this for years in my mid twenties, then due to price I switched to Revlon Colourstay which was okish. I then used Estee Lauder Double Wear for 18 months - ok but heavy looking. I am finally back to my old faithful, and it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by vrishfish

I really liked the coverage of the foundation, which wasn't too heavy. I also liked the pump dispenser which is convenient. I did feel that it was perhaps too pinkish for my skin (better color match next time?), and that after a few days of wearing it, my skin would be drier. Otherwise, I found the price reasonable for the amount, and that it provided a nice soft finish to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the ONLY foundation that will last on me. I've tried so many liquid and mineral foundations, and this is definitely my favorite. It says it's medium to full coverage when applied with a flat foundation brush (I use the prescriptives one), but applied with fingers it is lightish medium coverage for me. I have kind of a light hand and really blend it out, though.

It's a soft matte finish, which doesn't look flat. It goes on smoothly and never looks cakey. It doesn't look thick or feel heavy. It LASTS. It doesn't break me out! They make a color light enough for me (come on, Clinique!). Sure, it would be nice if it were cheaper... but I've tried some that were more expensive (MUFE, Dior) and this beats those by a long shot! Plus when you check around, you can usually find a pretty good GWP! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by mugglemichelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm almost finished my first bottle of this and I love it. I got it because the lady promised it would feel like i was wearing nothing and she was right it feels awesome all day through sweat and oily skin. it has great staying power and doesn't break me out or sting on my skin ( which for me is a rairity). I am either allergic or sensitive to almost every other foundation i've tried. and a huge benefit it actually comes in a shade that is light enough for my fair skin. it gives good coverage withought feeling like you are wearing anything and looks goood all day. I am finiky with products - especially foundation and despite the fact that this is a very expensive foundation I think it will be my HG foundation. It's oil free and lasts and feels great - all necessities for me.