October 1, 2014 | 1108 users online

Foundations - Philosophy - the supernatural airbrush canvas

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Deshay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The price is way too high, but I love the ease with which it goes on. No streaking. My skin looks live velvet, but I get much better results when I use Laura Gellers spackle before applying this product. I use the beige. Not really a very good concealer, but excellent at smoothing; evens out my skin tone. I also like the fact that it has the sunscreen. I was skeptical because the bare minerals didnt provide enough coverage, and got in my eyes. Felt like ground up gravel to me. This product is much better to me. It feels "clean" on my skin, not drying, but not greasy or heavy. I have been devoted to mary kay cream foundation in bisque ivory until now. I think I like this just as much or more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2006 12:27:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually use BE minerals and thought I would give this a try. For some reason the supernatural really shows up on my face and makes my skin look cakey. Also, I was horrified to see that this has tiny sparkles in this and they really showed up on my skin and that is not at all what I want. The mineral powders are all so similar so it all boils down to personal perference. This just isnt for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by stefd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product!!! I've tried BE and this one is so much better! You really look airbrushed. It's so natural but great coverage! I keep one at home and in my purse!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Lori54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this the best of the mineral foundations I have tried. I don't use it through the puff thing on top, I use it just like I used Sheer Cover or BE. But this looks the most natural and gives the best coverage, to me. I WISH they would come up with a pressed version. So much easier. I also have Pur Minerals pressed version which I do use also but don't like as much. I apply all of them with a Handi Brush from Jane Iredale which I really like alot. UPDATE 9/06 I still like this, but not the best as I said earlier. I like my Pur Minerals much better and use that every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by shadder

I having been using this foundation for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be working for me. I have used BE and Physicians formula mineral makeup. BE doesn't seem to cover much but then when you go out in natural light, all your pores are excentuated. And the physicans formula is crap. Anyway this seems to give a nice sheer coverage yet not too heavy. Af first I thought the price was rediculous but it will last you forever. I also think the application is so much easier than using a brush. I just take the whole jar and buff all around my face (hope I'm doing it right but it seems to be working). I do have redness around my nose that it doesn't seem to cover but again, if it did it would be too heavy of a foundation. That is what concealer is for. But I do open the lid, use a concealer brush and try to cover those red areas as much as possible. I use it in natural which I think is meant for yellow undertones. I would definately buy this again but I probably won't have to for a long time. Will see how it holds up in the sweaty oily summer months LOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Ghost55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After having a child my skin changed from being normal to t-zone oily. I also work in a non-air conditioned building. I was unable to wear the make-up I have used for years. I went to Sephora and tried NUMEROUS foundations. I tried Bare essentials, Neutragena mineral sheers (walgreens), Cover girl (not sure of the name but the new line that was recommended), Mac Studio Fix (Nordstrom), and Philosphy supernatural airbrush canvas. This one WON! I lietrally had my face quartered off and tried all of these, and the Philosophy won out. It was the lightest and most natural. I have received numerous comments from friends about my skin since purchasing this. The only drawback is that ther is only 2 shades. I bought Neutral- this works for me! The Bronze is pretty dark. My second choice is MAC Studio Fix. I wear this when I want just a little more coverage. I am very pleased and was so excited to finally find what I needed. If you are having trouble- Try what I did, literally quarter off your face and try them ALL! You will know what works best for you. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2006 11:06:00 PM More reviews by skinnut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the packaging and their informercial on QVC...but the effect on me was no where near what they had on TV. The worst part is that I got bumps under my skin all over my face ~ can't see them, but can definitely feel them ~ a few hours after application. I got this in bronze - I am a light tan, pacific islander. I thought the color was a good match, so i don't know why it looked so unnatural on me - i looked "made up"...it also accentuated my imperfections - lines, pores, dry areas, etc...had to return this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by vanityfair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Girls, you have to get the right shade before you critique the foundation! Nordstrom carries all the shades (sephora doesn't) and so does philosophy.com. I usually wear Laura Mercier TM in Nude or Chantecaille in cream. I have some discoloration from old pimples, large pores, oily T zone and dry cheeks. I have tried this in Natural and it was way too dark. Neutral 2 is a much better match and oddly enough the buff sponge on top is the fastest, easiest way to a full coverage. Looks like perfect, naked skin. Color stays true, even on my T zone. I use this with Dermadoctor Picture Porefect and it is nearly flawless. You have got to try this. Forget sephora colors and just try them on at Nordstrom's. This one is a winner. By the way, no silly shine like with the other mineral makeups. I use Anthelios Lait sunblock under this (over the Poreperfect) and it gives me enough moisture to look hydrated, glowy, not shiny.Update: Too dark. It wears too dark on my skin. I could try the lightest shade but it seems to have more pink undertones. I will not repurchase. Any body want the leftover? I will go back to Susan Posnick for color match.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I'm not a foundation gal, but I like to have SOMETHING under the other stuff. I love how this is applied - so fast and easy. (I'm a makeup junkie, but when it come to daily routine, I want it quick, dirty and done.) It blends and I'm gone. I, like others here at MUA, have wondered about cleaning the applicator. I haven't found the way yet, but I have also done the brush application and find it works just as well. Still fast (but a little more messy. OK, a lot more messy.) But I still like how this covers and how easy it is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to agree totally with LoveCosmetics. I am very disappointed in this product (as has been my history with Philosophy). I'm African-American with a light brown complexion and use BE products religiously, and they get me tons of compliments on my skin. I saw this being used on QVC, but was concerned when they didn't try it on a darker skinned model. But curiousity got the best of me, so I decided to give the Bronze a try. I figured the "no buffing" method would allow me to use this when I needed to run out on weekends and so forth, without having to whip out all my containers and brushes. It's a no go... The coverage isn't nearly as good as BE and the applicator is the worst thing I've ever used. With this applicator, my "swipes" ended up leaving chalky colored brown spots all over my face. What the f...? I'm not heavy handed and did not apply over zealously. So, I twisted that sponge thingy off and poured the makeup into one of my BE sifter jars then applied with my flawless application brush to even out the color. I really wanted this stuff to be my weekend savior, but this product appears to work out better for non-minorities and lighter skinned minorities, so until they come up with a wider range of minority friendly colors and a MUCH better applicator, I'll just have to use up this crap by intertwining it with my BE products.