Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i really am enjoying this product. i use the shade 005 in silky beige it does a great job in controlling my oily face lol ive had it for about two months now and im really liking it, pretty sure ill repurcgase when im done with the one i have:)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this in the shade Creamy Natural, which is literally a perfect match for my extremely warm, yellow skin tone. It mattifies well, I usually only need to touch up once on and around my nose. My only complaint is that it can look kind of chalky. It definitely looks like you're wearing makeup with this, but only if you're standing close to the person can you notice this.

on 3/16/2014 12:53:00 AM

after hearing people rave about this on youtube, I rlly had to try it. this product claims to give u natural shine up to 5 hours so I cant complain about it not lasting the whole day. I rlly like this product because its super inexpensive like I bought it for $4.99 and it gives me natural shine. also it smells good XD. im in the shade 005 silky beige and I like how this barely gives me coverage. im not so much into the coverage stuff. tbh this is the only face product I use, sometimes concealer when I have a pimple here or there but that rarely happens. it does a great job and setting my concealer tho. I highly recommend this but you might one of the ones that hate this. its only a couple bucks and it wont hurt to try.

on 3/13/2014 3:54:00 PM

I bought this after they discontinued my HG Dream Matte (which I'm still really sad about). I have the translucent shade, and so far I'm relatively happy with it.

It looks great right after I put it on, it has a nice matte finish which is exactly what I wanted. It's not too cakey and builds really well to cover up any shine.

My only two problems are that it doesn't last all day for me, and the packaging is kind of horrible.

I put on my makeup every day at around 5:50 am, and by 6 pm it looks oily. I don't end up looking like a monster, but it's just not the look I'm going for. I know that it's pretty ridiculous to ask for a powder foundation to look good until I get home from work (8pm) but Dream Matte was able to do that, so it's disappointing that Stay Matte can't.

Regardless, it does last much longer than a lot of other DS powder foundations.

As for the packaging, it's really basic. It's just the powder with a clear plastic lid over it. There's no mirror and it pops open easily in my bag, so it's difficult to use it during the day for touch ups.

And if you drop it, the powder will break and go all over the place. Obviously this is more of a me being clumsy issue, but still important to know for other people who tend to drop things.

So it's a great powder, with a few minor issues. I'll definitely keep using it regularly.

on 3/10/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really enjoy this product I have gone through at least 5 of these powders. I have tried both the transparent shade and also the actually shades but the shades have no pigmentation so all the shades are like transparent shades. My favorite shade is the transparent shade. It does have very little specks of sparkles but once on the face you can't even tell. It does keep me matte but doesn't do anything breathtaking like keeping me matte ALL day but then again no powder does, well at least not for me ;). It also has a scent but I actually enjoy it and it doesn't make your face smell or anything its just a pleasant scent and I have acne prone skin and it doesn't broke me out. The price is amazing I get it for $3-$4 at my local drugstore and it comes with a ton of product. The packaging is horrible. If your going to keep it in your makeup drawers then its ok but if you keep it in your purse for touch ups or take it on trips the power can easily open and get all over your stuff and the lid breaks or has chunks fall off (sadly both have happened to me :,( overall really love the product NOT packaging and would repurchase

on 3/7/2014 3:41:00 PM

I use this to set my foundation and it does a pretty decent job. I've repurchased this stuff about three times, usually in transparent, but last time I went to Walmart they were sold out of that, so I just got the lightest shade, which is still basically transparent.
My skins normal/dry so I don't need this for oil control, just to set. Doesn't cake me up like other pressed powders I've tried.
Other than the packaging being a disappointment, it's a staple. I'm clumsy and have dropped mine and it shattered into a million little dusty pieces, it's only three dollars at Walmart though so it's not that big of a loss if that happens.

on 3/5/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great powder for oily-skinned girls on a budget! I bought mine in the color nude beige for less than $5 at Walmart. I must say, I didn't expect much, but now I see what all the hype over this powder is about! The color matches my warm olive skin perfectly. It provides moderate coverage. And best of all, it seriously helps control shine! With most powders/foundations my face turns in to an oil slick unless I blot or touch up often. With Stay Matte, I use WAY less powder than usual and I can easily go a few hours without checking my makeup.

As for cons, it tends to look cakey if I use too much. It's not the most natural finish. And I'm not sure it would look good on anyone with dry-ish skin. The packaging does suck, but that's fine with me if it means paying less for the product. ;)

Overall it works really well on my oily skin. At such a great price, I know I will repurchase!

on 3/5/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a pretty good, cheap powder. I use this with my Studio Gear Wet/Dry Duel Identity Foundation. The packaging is HORRIBLE, but the powder itself is pretty darn awesome. I only have to really powder my nose by midday and that's saying a lot, considering how oily my skin can be.

on 3/5/2014 12:22:00 PM

Well I bought this product after hearing so many people love it, but I'd have to say I'm not impressed! I feel that my foundation started to slip easier and my oil was peaking through. I guess if you have normal skin it might work for you but this definitely did not wow me.

Adds good coverage. Can dry out skin if not moisturized thoroughly. I can see buying this as soon as I run out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials