July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 8:44:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

(I got this in the Dry/Combo formula). I don't use this regularly - I use this on especially dry spots on my face and when my Oil of Olay isn't quite enough. I just got this to replace my empty tub of Clinique Moisture On-Line because the Clinique SA said it was basically the same stuff but with SPF25 added. So no surprise, it feels like Moisture On-Line. Does the job but you have to rub it in very, very well to prevent that greasy feeling. It just doesn't soak into my skin very well. Seems a bit pricey ($40) but it lasted me a very long time. Comes in an unwieldy tub, but since I don't use it often and don't travel with it, it's not much of a bother. I prefer Moisture On-Call, which does not feel as heavy and feels better on my skin (but lacks SPF).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2006 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Skate

I am reviewing the normal to oily Super Defense moisturizer. Frankly, I don't like any moisturizer with sunscreen in it, but I use it to prevent wrinkles. I am actually quite happy with this product. It moisturizes enough (sometimes I don't think quite enough...), but isn't overly greasy. A little powder with this is good... I could go for a pump bottle, but overall I'm fairly happy with this product and the feel of it on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2006 7:04:00 AM More reviews by waterlily26

I think it is great as it is the first ever non-greasy SS I have ever come across and it goes on smoothly. But I got a HUGE allergic reaction from this after 3 weeks and it feels very uncomfortable during the day (you can feel it is there). so unfortunately i won't be repurchasing but overall it was not too bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Daphers

I finally got over my hatred of the name (defense is bad spelling in the UK) enough to try this. dunno why I bothered. I put it on my nicely-cleared-up skin in the morning, it felt sticky and greasy all day, and I came home to find THREE cystic zits! I never get those any more.

I should have learnt, DDML and that pore-refining mask broke me out too. No more Crapique for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2006 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kuchkanev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm reviewing the normal/oily version.. this is an average moisturizer... i wouldn't repurchase ... it left a residue on my face, which i hated, it smelled strange, and i got little bumps all over my forehead while i was using it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I don't like Clinique products as a rule. Seriously, having tried a number of them over the years I've never found anything that was worth writing home about. However, this one is.

I bought the one for combination skin. It goes on very smoothly (because of the silicones - which are supposedly there to lessen the chances of the chemical sunscreen causing irritation to skin). It's a great base for makeup and completely non-greasy. I haven't had any irritation or clogged pores from this so far, though I do take particular care with cleansing. I was worried because of the chemical sunscreen in it, that I might become irritated but so far so good (knock on wood). I've used this daily for about 2 weeks now. Will update if anything changes. If the protection is as good as it claims, this is really a stellar product. I would still wear something more heavy-duty if I go in the sun, but this is great for a day-to-day moisturiser. I'm itching to try the new Clarins with pure physical sunscreen, but if not I'll buy this again. I only wish they woke up to the fact that antioxidants and other goodies won't survive for long in jar packaging... grrr! ***UPDATE*** I'm investigating whether this might have contributed to some clogged pores, but I'm not sure so I'm stopping it for a while to see what happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 3:19:00 AM More reviews by drcaligari

This is really rather good. It moisturises my skin without clogging pores and breaking me out, has a high spf without leaving a whitish cast, and doesn't have an annoying scent. I use it on my undereye area too, and it's quickly absorbed and doesn't give me milia. My undereye area and the bits around my mouth often get dehydrated, but this moisturises well. On top of just moisturising (or probably because), my face looks smoother and dewier.

Although this is so much better than Olay Total Effects or whatever, I'd probably not buy this again when I run out, because quite honestly it's very expensive for me, and the only reason I have a jar now is because my mom paid for it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by mauras_aura

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was given this as a sample at my last trip to the Clinique counter. I put it in my cabinet, as I was still using Avon's Ultimate Night Transforming Lift Cream (and yes, I even use it during the day!) Tried Superdefense a week ago and love it! I purchased a full jar of it yesterday during GWP. I use it in the am under my foundation, and it really makes the skin so nice and smooth with a slight glow. Foundation goes on beautifully over it and lasts all day. I even had someone tell me today that my face looked different-in a good way! A bit pricey, but at 45 I'll pay for a decent moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by nschoenberg

I've been using this product since it came out. . . . I am probably on my fifth jar. That being said - I love it! I use the formula for oily skin on my combination skin. It has never left me feeling dry or made me break out. And you have to love that it has a high spf. Will definitely keep buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by AManDaX

I use this in the normal-dry version and love it! No strange fragrance and suits my sensitive skin really well! I love how it has a high sun protection as well so i dont need to apply another layer of cream.Price is a bit high and it is worth it! I have just finished a jar and will get another one soon.

Update:
I have tried the Normal - oily version during summer but I prefer the normal-dry version. the normal-oily version is more of a gel-creme texture and just leaves a film on my face. I had problem applying foundation after it.