Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.8

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

on 5/25/2006 11:31:00 AM

I have never been a big fan of Clinique, but this is great! Sinks in easily, apparently good UV coverage (A&B). A really good moisturiser and doesn't irritate me like some sun blocks/screens. Have alrady bought it twice and that is unheard of for me.

on 5/20/2006 11:47:00 AM

I have already reviewed this once sometime ago but I wanted to comment about the 'balling/pilling up that others have mentioned. I did find this initially too but as soon as I started putting in on with a much lighter hand this stopped - you really do only need such a small amount as it spreads so easily and well. I do wear foundation over the top and haven't had any problems at all. This is still HG sunscreen for my slighty oily mature skin and leaves me totally grease free - I used it all last summer and my face never burnt, tanned, or changed colour, despite being out in the sun plenty!! My only problem is that it is sooooo expensive - I can sometimes get it cheaper on e-bay! However recently I have made another discovery in Neutrogena's Sheer Touch SPF30 which feels so light and like nothing on!! I got it off e-bay here in the UK but it doesnt come up very often so I'm also happy to get it off e-bay in the USA too! It's miles cheaper than the Superdefense and you get loads more - I am going to use it during the winter months and switch back to the Superdefense in the summer months which will save money for a hard up skin care addict like me!

on 5/15/2006 6:37:00 PM

I am very impressed with this! I got the N/O type, and while it doesn't dry super-matte, it is by FAR the least greasy/oily/shiny sunscreen I've ever used. No breakouts so far either. It actually makes my skin very soft and dewy. The real test will be in the dead of summer, but judging by the lightness of its texture, I don't think it will be a problem. I bought a teeny one off ebay, which I would recommend in order to try it since it's rather pricey. Could be a HG!

on 5/10/2006 8:44:00 AM

(I got this in the Dry/Combo formula). I don't use this regularly - I use this on especially dry spots on my face and when my Oil of Olay isn't quite enough. I just got this to replace my empty tub of Clinique Moisture On-Line because the Clinique SA said it was basically the same stuff but with SPF25 added. So no surprise, it feels like Moisture On-Line. Does the job but you have to rub it in very, very well to prevent that greasy feeling. It just doesn't soak into my skin very well. Seems a bit pricey ($40) but it lasted me a very long time. Comes in an unwieldy tub, but since I don't use it often and don't travel with it, it's not much of a bother. I prefer Moisture On-Call, which does not feel as heavy and feels better on my skin (but lacks SPF).

on 5/5/2006 7:38:00 PM

I am reviewing the normal to oily Super Defense moisturizer. Frankly, I don't like any moisturizer with sunscreen in it, but I use it to prevent wrinkles. I am actually quite happy with this product. It moisturizes enough (sometimes I don't think quite enough...), but isn't overly greasy. A little powder with this is good... I could go for a pump bottle, but overall I'm fairly happy with this product and the feel of it on my skin.

on 5/4/2006 7:04:00 AM

I think it is great as it is the first ever non-greasy SS I have ever come across and it goes on smoothly. But I got a HUGE allergic reaction from this after 3 weeks and it feels very uncomfortable during the day (you can feel it is there). so unfortunately i won't be repurchasing but overall it was not too bad.

on 5/3/2006 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finally got over my hatred of the name (defense is bad spelling in the UK) enough to try this. dunno why I bothered. I put it on my nicely-cleared-up skin in the morning, it felt sticky and greasy all day, and I came home to find THREE cystic zits! I never get those any more.

I should have learnt, DDML and that pore-refining mask broke me out too. No more Crapique for me.

on 5/2/2006 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i'm reviewing the normal/oily version.. this is an average moisturizer... i wouldn't repurchase ... it left a residue on my face, which i hated, it smelled strange, and i got little bumps all over my forehead while i was using it...

on 5/2/2006 6:34:00 AM

I don't like Clinique products as a rule. Seriously, having tried a number of them over the years I've never found anything that was worth writing home about. However, this one is.

I bought the one for combination skin. It goes on very smoothly (because of the silicones - which are supposedly there to lessen the chances of the chemical sunscreen causing irritation to skin). It's a great base for makeup and completely non-greasy. I haven't had any irritation or clogged pores from this so far, though I do take particular care with cleansing. I was worried because of the chemical sunscreen in it, that I might become irritated but so far so good (knock on wood). I've used this daily for about 2 weeks now. Will update if anything changes. If the protection is as good as it claims, this is really a stellar product. I would still wear something more heavy-duty if I go in the sun, but this is great for a day-to-day moisturiser. I'm itching to try the new Clarins with pure physical sunscreen, but if not I'll buy this again. I only wish they woke up to the fact that antioxidants and other goodies won't survive for long in jar packaging... grrr! ***UPDATE*** I'm investigating whether this might have contributed to some clogged pores, but I'm not sure so I'm stopping it for a while to see what happens.

on 4/30/2006 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is really rather good. It moisturises my skin without clogging pores and breaking me out, has a high spf without leaving a whitish cast, and doesn't have an annoying scent. I use it on my undereye area too, and it's quickly absorbed and doesn't give me milia. My undereye area and the bits around my mouth often get dehydrated, but this moisturises well. On top of just moisturising (or probably because), my face looks smoother and dewier.

Although this is so much better than Olay Total Effects or whatever, I'd probably not buy this again when I run out, because quite honestly it's very expensive for me, and the only reason I have a jar now is because my mom paid for it. continued >>

Popular Moisturizers