Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

You know, I don't know what all the hype is about this product. It's only okay. Sure, it's a good sunblock, but that's about it for me. I have the normal/oily formulation and I find that it doesn't moisturize my skin at all. I can't use the one for normal/dry skin because it has petroleum in it and I break out from just mentioning that ingredient. So I'm stuck with the normal/oily one, which should be suitable for my skintype, but it's not. It leaves my skin type and dry, and maybe even dull looking. Plus, I find that it starts to rub off if you put a lot on (I try to put on at least 1/4 a teaspoon).

The only thing I like is that it feels slippery and not sticky going on. The packaging might be bad for the potency of the antioxidants, but it doesn't really bother me. Jars are easy to use.

I use this cream every day (normal-dry version) and find it sinks in well and leaves my face feeling well moisturised without being greasy. I like that it has such high sun protection, but still doesn't irritate my skin. This can be too heavy in summer (well in Australia at least, probably not in the UK!) and the jar is annoying (why can't they put it in a hygenic bottle?!) but I will certainly be repurchasing it.

I have never been a big fan of Clinique, but this is great! Sinks in easily, apparently good UV coverage (A&B). A really good moisturiser and doesn't irritate me like some sun blocks/screens. Have alrady bought it twice and that is unheard of for me.

I have already reviewed this once sometime ago but I wanted to comment about the 'balling/pilling up that others have mentioned. I did find this initially too but as soon as I started putting in on with a much lighter hand this stopped - you really do only need such a small amount as it spreads so easily and well. I do wear foundation over the top and haven't had any problems at all. This is still HG sunscreen for my slighty oily mature skin and leaves me totally grease free - I used it all last summer and my face never burnt, tanned, or changed colour, despite being out in the sun plenty!! My only problem is that it is sooooo expensive - I can sometimes get it cheaper on e-bay! However recently I have made another discovery in Neutrogena's Sheer Touch SPF30 which feels so light and like nothing on!! I got it off e-bay here in the UK but it doesnt come up very often so I'm also happy to get it off e-bay in the USA too! It's miles cheaper than the Superdefense and you get loads more - I am going to use it during the winter months and switch back to the Superdefense in the summer months which will save money for a hard up skin care addict like me!

I am very impressed with this! I got the N/O type, and while it doesn't dry super-matte, it is by FAR the least greasy/oily/shiny sunscreen I've ever used. No breakouts so far either. It actually makes my skin very soft and dewy. The real test will be in the dead of summer, but judging by the lightness of its texture, I don't think it will be a problem. I bought a teeny one off ebay, which I would recommend in order to try it since it's rather pricey. Could be a HG!

(I got this in the Dry/Combo formula). I don't use this regularly - I use this on especially dry spots on my face and when my Oil of Olay isn't quite enough. I just got this to replace my empty tub of Clinique Moisture On-Line because the Clinique SA said it was basically the same stuff but with SPF25 added. So no surprise, it feels like Moisture On-Line. Does the job but you have to rub it in very, very well to prevent that greasy feeling. It just doesn't soak into my skin very well. Seems a bit pricey ($40) but it lasted me a very long time. Comes in an unwieldy tub, but since I don't use it often and don't travel with it, it's not much of a bother. I prefer Moisture On-Call, which does not feel as heavy and feels better on my skin (but lacks SPF).

I am reviewing the normal to oily Super Defense moisturizer. Frankly, I don't like any moisturizer with sunscreen in it, but I use it to prevent wrinkles. I am actually quite happy with this product. It moisturizes enough (sometimes I don't think quite enough...), but isn't overly greasy. A little powder with this is good... I could go for a pump bottle, but overall I'm fairly happy with this product and the feel of it on my skin.

I think it is great as it is the first ever non-greasy SS I have ever come across and it goes on smoothly. But I got a HUGE allergic reaction from this after 3 weeks and it feels very uncomfortable during the day (you can feel it is there). so unfortunately i won't be repurchasing but overall it was not too bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finally got over my hatred of the name (defense is bad spelling in the UK) enough to try this. dunno why I bothered. I put it on my nicely-cleared-up skin in the morning, it felt sticky and greasy all day, and I came home to find THREE cystic zits! I never get those any more.

I should have learnt, DDML and that pore-refining mask broke me out too. No more Crapique for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i'm reviewing the normal/oily version.. this is an average moisturizer... i wouldn't repurchase ... it left a residue on my face, which i hated, it smelled strange, and i got little bumps all over my forehead while i was using it...