Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover

4.4

water, trisiloxane, isohexadecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, cyclohexasiloxane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, benzyl alcohol, imidazolidinyl urea, polyquaternium-78, disodium edta, dipotassium phosphate, potassium phosphate poloxamer 184, cetyl triethylmonium dimethicone peg-8 succinate

on 6/25/2008 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Disclaimer: I am an MK consultant. However, I have used a wide variety of eye makeup removers over the years - including baby oil (not good - I already have really oily skin!) I also wear waterproof mascara because my eyes have a tendency to water and I rub them every now and again because of all the computer work I do. Shake it up, squirt a smidge onto a cotton ball, and voila! Where my hair and skin are concerned, I'm willing to pay the price for something that works well. And yes, I used this product prior to becoming a consultant.

I hate removing eye makeup separately, but if I must, this is the product I use. It never leaves my eye area oily but takes all of the makeup away.

This is something I would definitely want to keep a backup.

on 6/15/2008 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eye makeup remover. It removes every trace of makeup with very little effort and no burning. Other products I have used required a lot of rubbing, which is hard on my short, sparse lashes. It leaves no greasy residue. The spill-proof top allows me to control the amount that I dispense. I keep one in the bathroom to use at night and one by my make-up stand to use for removing eyeliner mistakes. I just pour a tiny bit on a cotton swab and wipe away my mistake. It doesn't make my eyes greasy, so I can apply new eyeliner right away. I have purchased Neutrogena when I have run out of MK, but it required a lot more rubbing to remove mascara. I don't know what I would ever do without this product.

on 6/1/2008 1:28:00 AM

This is the best eye make-up remover I have used so far. I'm not a fan of the oily residue or soapy eye makeup removers at all this one is silicone based and it even takes off all of my water-proof eye products! Some eye makeup removers I've tried are so thin and kinda soapy they burn my eyes even when I'm really careful. Oh and this stuff lasts for a really long time a little goes a long way. Hope this helps!

on 5/31/2008 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Used it, loved it. It was as good as the clinique brand. A friend of mine, however, told me that liquid (baby) oil serves the same purpose. Oh so true, now I just use baby oil as a make up remover. I am all for using products that cost less.

on 5/17/2008 6:36:00 AM

This is almost as good as the famous Lancome Bi-facil; but stings and burns my eyes while bi-facil never does. I won't repurchase. Bi-facil is more effective and truly gentle to my eyes. I'll go back to use it--or might try extra virgin olive oil.
UPDATE: Guess what? I have found that the very reason for my eye irritation has been caused by mascaras, not by this makeup remover! (I use eye makeup remover to remove WP mascaras--and many mascaras bother my eyes... Once I switched to a non-irritating mascara, the problem was gone!) Therefore, I have changed my rating from 2 to 4 stars.

on 5/8/2008 7:53:00 PM

The BEST make-up remover on the planet - far none! I highly recommend this to any women who wears eye make-up. It also takes out lipstick stains from clothing! The only thing is that its not cheap. Its costly compared to others on the market. However, you actually get what you pay for with this, so its worth the $15.

on 5/8/2008 5:18:00 PM

Totally my FAVORITE eye makeup remover. I love how soft my eyes feel after I use this. I have tried others that are less expensive but I always go back to this. I will NEVER change!

on 4/23/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My mother sells mary kay and she has always used mary kay, so i use it! I wear a substantial amount of make up and it is always hard to get off. But this makeup remover is awesome! Works like a charm! Especially when im doing liquid eyeliner and i make a mistake, i just put a bit on a q tip and it is awesome! EDIT: however, i have been finding that this burns my eyes a lot. so i have changed the rating to a 3.

on 4/17/2008 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eye makeup remover I've ever used. I love eyeshadow and mascara is my one thing that I could never go w/out.

I've stopped using waterproof mascara because its very drying and that's the last thing I need on my thin lashes, but even with the waterproof it got it all off.

I think the trick is, you squirt some on the cotton pad and hold it on your lashes for about 15 seconds and then start wiping away. That way, you don't have to keep wiping, again, I have to be careful with the thin lashes (dont' want them all to fall off :( )

After you use the remover then you have to wash your face with cleanser, usually any cleanser gets off any left over residue.

I wish it wasn't so expensive, and that I didn't have to wait to order it. Those are my only complaints.