MAC Dollymix

Love it

on 10/27/2008 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Let me start off by confessing that I am a huge MAC junkie. I wasn't always a fan, but by the hundreds of products that I now own, I am a loyal customer, and I'm sure I'll always be!

Dollymix never really appealed to me. I mean, the colour is gorgeous, but I didn't see how it would complement my skintone. In the pan, it looks like a bright bubblegum pink. Pretty, but practical? I wasn't sure.

Until a few weeks ago. I was on Specktra (credit card MURDER if you've been there! I think my spending has gone up about 300% since becoming a member, and I was a big shopper before!) and I noticed a lot of girls raving about this blush. I ignored the hype until even people with bronze and tanned skintones were talking about how fantastic this blush is. That's when I realized that maybe I should give it a chance. I am SO glad I did, because this blush is amazing! It's one of my favourite blushes for sure!

I applied it with a light hand, and it gave such a perfect flush of colour. Despite it's appearance in the pan, the pink is actually a neutral, maybe even a warm, pink. It glides very smoothly across the skin, and does not settle into pores.

I will DEFINITELY repurchase! I love love love this blush!

on 10/27/2008 6:39:00 PM

I love this blush!!!! I was afraid to buy this at first because I had to order online and I was afraid it would be too bright,but I'm so glad I gave in and ordered this.I'm NW15-NW20 and it's now my HG.I apply it lightly and blend well and it's beautiful.

on 10/20/2008 10:45:00 AM

May work for some. But i find this pink to be a little too bold, despite being applied with a superlight hand. Will not repurchase.

on 8/31/2008 9:55:00 PM

This looks very bright on the pot but goes on sheer, giving you a flushed doll look. I use this a lot for flash photography or under bright lights to achieve the look of healthy pink cheeks.
The texture is good and so is the staying power.

on 8/24/2008 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the perfect pink in my opinion, my go to blush. its looks extremely scary in the pan like a super bright hot pink but dont let that fool you, swiped on my nc25-30 skintone it is the most amazing vibrant glowy warm pink. not too cool toned as many pinks i have tried looked. really flattering on my skintone with dark brown hair and blue eyes.as you need to be light handed, it lasts forever- ive had it nearly a year now ( one of my first mac purchases) and theres still loads left. i love it, definitely one of my hgs, particularly beneficial after a few too many late nights as it makes you look more awake and healthy!

I would give this product 4.5 if i I could....it goes on my NC25 skin as a vibrant (but never over the top) glowy pink, its unlike any pink Ive owned...I was eyeing it up on counter for a long time, but since I had so many other MAC blushers and blushers from other brands, I wasnt sure whether to buy, but I finally did and I am glad i did I said I would buy it again, but to be honest I cant see myself running out anytime it the near future, you only need a tiny bit to get a good colour and because I have so many blushers (Im a blusher junkie!) I dont use it as often as my HG blushers so I probably wont run out, but overall, a very pretty blush which makes you look glowy and healthy and I would recommend it to a friend.

on 7/21/2008 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this, I totally fell for the hype. It's not BAD, but it's not as great as everyone says. It looks pretty if VERY LIGHTLY applied on my NC40 skin... or else it will look ruddy and uneven. I am still on the hunt for the perfect matte pink blush, I might try Pink Swoon next.

on 7/20/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is pretty, but its dupe-able. Its a pretty bright pink that when applied lightly leaves a light flush. I'm not a fan of the silver shimmer but it isn't too noticeable once on your face!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really struggling with absolutely loving this blush. Looking at it in the pan scared the heck out of me and I'm having trouble putting it on my face so that it complements my prominent cheekbones. It is a fantastically cool pink, it makes me look like I just ran 10 miles. I think perhaps this would be more favorable on me in the winter than in the summer. No complaints about the texture, packaging, or anything like that. I'm keeping it in my collection just because I don't have anything else like it, I may try Kevyn Aucoin's Myracle or Liquifuschia just to see how they compare.
EDIT (6-23-09): Tippy BPB is very similar to this. Although I do prefer to wear Tippy, Dollymix is comparable.

Popular Blush Products