Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/17/2010 1:24:00 PM

This foundation is the only foundation that doesn't break me out and so far it's been great. I've used other ones, including Revlon and Mac, but they all irritated my skin or broke me out horribly. It has medium coverage and it looks very natural on my skin; doesn't look cakey or "fake". I used to apply it with a wet sponge, but now I just warm it between my fingers and apply it directly, which works the best for me. I don't get as oily throughout the day, and it seems to be long-lasting. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far this is the best foundation iv tried!! i have oily skin which is deals with pretty well. I only have to blot a couple of times i day. Coverage i would say is medium but a little to the full side. I have alot of pigmentation and it hides them very well. Its very natural looking, not heavy at all and blends beautifully. I found it worked best with just a simple oil-free moisturiser underneath. Whenever i used a primer i tended to get more oily. Maybe it was the primer, either way I love it! nearly finished my second bottle already!!

Careful when pouring it onto your hand, can end up wasting alot of product coz the bottle opening is so big.

on 9/13/2010 1:11:00 AM

This is the best liquid foundation I've found for my acne-prone skin. Leaving it alone without foundation doesn't make a difference on me, so why not try to even things out? I get decent coverage, my skin doesn't get oily as quickly (still need powder every so often), and I have noticed a slight improvement in my skin. I still get monthly break-outs like I always have, but there is some overall improvement. I certainly don't break out any more than I used to.

It's also the closest match to my skin color that I can find in the drugstore (I'm a grad student; I don't have the budget for high-end). The coverage isn't as good as other foundations I've tried, but this is also the only liquid foundation I've tried that doesn't make me break out. I'll take fewer break-outs over solid coverage any day; after all, foundation can do its job better with a cleaner canvas. This does a really good job of neutralizing my acne scars, too. I just wish they had more cool-toned options.

I really hate the packaging though! I wish it had a pump instead of just the lid. It gets really messy, really quickly, and the bottle always gives me more product than I actually need. Make sure you keep the bottle upright if you buy this!

This is the only liquid foundation I would use on my skin.

on 9/12/2010 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. I have been looking forever for a foundation that does not make me look greasy as I have oily skin. This foundation blends well, is light offers light to medium coverage and leaves my skin looking naturally matt - not the super cakey foundation type of matt. The packaging is pretty but I would really prefer a pump to control the amount of product I dispense. I use this foundation with a sponge and it works great; there's no streaking. I have also found it to be long wearing and transfer resistant. My acne prone skin did not break out from it but I do not think it does much to clear my skin. I mean in general products that claim to heal and conceal have less than 1percent of acne fighting ingredients so they really don't do much. Since the coverage is light to medium I highly recommend using the light blue capped undereye concealer from Almay on acne spots and other blemishes on your face instead of using Almays clear complexion concealer. The undereye one offers just as much coverage but blends much more easily and does not feel cakey like the clear complexion concealer. It works beautifully injunction with the foundation. I will definitely be repurchasing this product as it is the best foundation I have used so far.

on 9/3/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lovely light coverage and it really does heal blemishes! I usually stay away from liquid foundations as they generally make my face greasy and break me out. This is definitely my HG for when I have the odd blemishes. I use a stippling brush and stipple it onto my skin and it gives me an airbrush finish. I also set it with translucent powder to prolong the staying power. It provides a light coverage but is definitely buildable and I don't even need to apply concealer when I use this!

on 8/21/2010 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this foundation for the idea that it contains salicylic acid in it, and the other ingredients don't clog my pores. The coverage is about medium, and it blends well. The finish is more of a matte finish which is great for my oily skin. My 2 gripes about this foundation are1. it doesn't have a pump and 2. the color choice is limited. It seems like the colors are kind of ashy...perfect for anyone with really light skin. I have a little bit of a fake tan going on right now, and sand seems a tad too light. I might buy the next darkest shade up and try mixing the two.

on 8/10/2010 9:41:00 AM

So as far as I can tell with the reviews on this foundation, it seems that many people like it. I'm going to have to completely disagree with the good reviews because I HATED this foundation. The first thing I don't like about it is the price. I live in Canada so this product retails at about $15.99 which is pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation. Also the colour was waaay off. I bought the lightest one and it turned my skin orange like it was ridiculous and the coverage was awful. So i'm going to have to say that I will never buy this product again

Let me start by saying I've experimented with many, and I mean MANY brands of liquid foundation in hopes of receiving a flawless, non-cakey, or oily finish and this is probably the best product yet. I got the shade Neutral 220 & I have never found a shade so close to my skin color(: and let me mention that for my acne-prone and combination skin it has not broken me out one bit. One thing I do dislike about this product is the packaging, I would definitely prefer a pump. But in the end I officially left my Natural FX foundation for Almay's CCM and I am paying less than half the price for it. :)<3

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure about this product...I've been looking for my HG foundation, but I'm pretty sure that I've broken out from this. I had acne prone skin during my teenage years, but now that I'm a little older it takes a lot for me to break out and for whatever reason my skin went crazy a week after using this consistently. Therefore, I have stopped using this and have fallen back on Neutragena skin clearing makeup, although I'm still looking for my HG I'm pretty sure this is not it. As others have stated, the opening is very large so a lot comes out at once. A bit pricey for a drug store foundation, especially one I probably won't be using again.

My HG foundation for years! Makes my skin look better after I wear it! Feels great on my face! Never breaks me out! Also does not dry my dry spots on my skin out! Great price at the drugstore! I find it at Walgreens, Walmart, or Target.