September 30, 2014 | 1083 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by chrissymyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i started using this foundation about a month ago, because the neutrogena one looked a little orange, it was good but was orange and its sad to say im extremly pale. lol
this foundation is a little lighter, and it hasent broken me out, (knock on wood) lol
but i am thinking about trying EVERYDAY MINERALS because it has better skin tone colors, will write about that product once i get it and try it out for a month.
for now this will do the job it covers well and the power along with it is good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by barbyng

Have been using this for a few years and it's great! Refusing to pay through the nose for make-up, I ditched the Lancome for this and it was a good move. Light but with good coverage and Buff works for me. Notice a difference when on the odd occassion, I do use the Lancome Teint Idole original - I'm much less oily with Almay and it stays on longer! Why throw your money away on inferior, pricier products? Doesn't make me break out, but not sure if it helps keep the acne at bay either. Good, matte coverage when combined with Clear Complexion pressed powder. Don't understand what people's issue is with the lack of a pump - just put your finger over the top and invert the bottle! The right amount is deposited on your finger, it doesn't run - what's the problem? This is a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by SimpleDreams17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sad to say that this make up made me break out more after a few days of use. I thought it would help heal blemishes not create them! but the darkest color did match perfectly with my skin which was a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Emmie1234

I have used this product for several months and i love everything about it. It has excellent coverage, its long lasting and covers imperfections well. Despite this i suspect it has made my acne-prone skin worse rather than better, maybe due to the thickness of the product, i'm not really sure. I'm now on the look out for a mineral based foundation instead. Definitely worth trying it out though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by hopefulinstpaul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation! I had been using a different one for years and I have always have had a little bit of an acne problem. My skin is so much clearer after switching foundations! I doubt that this has cured my acne, but it probably has helped improve my skin because it does not clog my pores like the other stuff I was using. It stays on for a long time, and I blot less often. The lightest color doesn't completely match my skin tone (as in it is too dark), but it is only noticed by me. It does seem to oxidize if I have it on for a really long time, but this is easily remedied by just reapplying a new face before I go out at night (which I do anyways because I usually take a shower before I go out at night after a long day at school), so I don't really see that fact as a problem. It is a little expensive, but I think you just have to come to terms with paying more money for a better product. I do not have any problems with the packaging, but I have never used a foundation with a pump, so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to. I love this product, and I hope other people with acne-prone skin will at least give this foundation a chance!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the whole set for this product such as the pressed powder, the concealer. At first yeah, it worked great. My make up lasted all day and it wasn't oily at all!! But now that I notice, it doesn't diminish my acne, it just stays there, if anything it gets worse the next day :( Also this product is really watery and runny. The first time I used it, it spilled all over the place !! I do not thing I will buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by robotobunneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this foundation! Let me start by saying that I actually have quite dry skin. I live in a climate that is incredibly dry, and it definitely shows. However, even though this foundation is for oil skin types, it does NOT dry me out at all. In fact, it's completely non-irritating and seems to have cleared up my skin quite a bit! The colour match for me is incredible. I have fair, warm-toned skin and "naked" is the best shade for me. Best way to check though is to bring a mirror to the store and try it on your jawline :)

I find the coverage nice. I hate heavy coverage, so if that's what you're looking for this might not be for you. I'd say it's a medium-light coverage, but it's very buildable. I like to go half and half with moisturizer in the summer. It blends very well, I've found. I usually just apply with my fingers.

The only downside is the bottle is pretty bad. It's hard to get the right amount of product out. A pump would have been nice, but a lot of drugstore foundations lack them. C'est la vie! I think the product makes up for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by canadienne91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product works great for me. I was skeptical at first because it has salicylic acid in it which usually burns my sensitive skin. However, the amount of salicylic acid in this is very small and I haven't experienced any redness or burning. This controls my oily skin very well and dilutes the size and redness of any blemishes I have throughout the day. I would prefer it to be a heavier coverage foundation but overall it works really well for me. The only real complaint I have is that the packaging dispenses way too much product which ends up being wasted. I would definitely re-purchase this and I think I may have found my HG foundation.

Update:

It's only been a few days since my original post and I've noticed some big changes in my skin's health, but not in a good way. I've started noticing that I have been breaking out a lot in the past few days. The only thing that I've changed in my skincare routine is using this foundation.I really wanted this foundation to work. Maybe my skin's just going through a weird period or maybe I got an expired bottle but unfortunately I'll have to stop using this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

1. glass bottle/no pump = FAIL.
2. formulation = WIN
3. coverage = WIN
4. lasts all day = WIN
5. color match = WIN
i love this foundation. i just went to MAC & got color matched in their Select foundation & i'm a NW20, so i bought the Almay CC Blemish Healing makeup in Buff. it's about a shade lighter than i need, but it blends so well it doesn't even matter. this stuff is fantastic.it covers my redness and evens out my complexion effortlessly. i use the blemish healing powder in light and the two together last all day into the night with no touch ups. which is miraculous because i have oily skin. the formulation is light and doesn't feel or look cakey all day long. (use the powder sparingly, tho, just where you need it because it can tend to look "old lady" but you will. not. shine.) it covers my pores so well. i do use the benefit primer underneath and it just makes my skin look flawless. i also use Dior Sculpt concealer under my eyes (in 02) and ...perfection! yes, i would suggest it to any oily-skinned person and i would definitely purchase it again. but please, Almay, at least sell a pump separately!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The glass bottle without a pump bothers me, but everything else is alright. The shade "warm" fits my NC30 skin tone very well, and I'm surprised that it gives me full coverage. I don't even need concealer at all after I put it on. It doesn't feel cakey or thick on my face, lasts all day, but doesn't help keep my oil from showing up. I can't say it does anything to heal my acne, but at least the coverage is good.