April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 5:10:00 PM More reviews by freegracer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm very sad to report that Coco and I have had a rocky relationship for almost 2 years now, and, as of this writing, the relationship is officially finished. It was back in '03 when I purchased a bottle of the Coco perfumed luxury body lotion. Somehow, I thought, I was going to love this stuff, even though I wasn't so sure when I was trying out the fragrance at the store. Foolishly, I handed over my credit card, went home, began to use the lotion, and began to dislike it more and more. To me, and this is only my experience and is no criticism for the multitude of Coco lovers, Coco is like poison ivy. Follow me here. There are many fragrances which I may not be crazy about initially but grow to love the more I smell them. Or, if I don't love them, I certainly can appreciate them. But Coco is the opposite. And here's where the poison ivy analogy comes in---the more I smell Coco, the less tolerable I am towards it, just as the more one is exposed to poison ivy, the sicker he becomes. Recently I received a vial of the Coco EDT. As soon as I applied it to my arm, my stomach lurched. The EDT, like the lotion, smells like some old fashioned strong smelling cough syrup my mother used to give us as kids; throw in some quinine on top of the cough syrup, add a little floor cleaner, and it's Coco. So, there you have it. A classic I can't wear. But this means I have more room for the Carons, so it's not all bad news. LOL. ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by tooblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, my mother gave me my first bottle of Coco when I was around 22 or 23. She thought it was perfect for me. I loved it and used that bottle up. Decided, at the time, not to buy another bottle. Years later I finally did buy it in the edp form, loved it and graduated to the parfum. It is pure heaven!! Either the edp or parfum are the best. Very rich, warm and a bit spicy on me. Its just so perfect for special occasions, of course I wear it whenever I desire. For me, its the best Chanel perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2005 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mimosa05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got lucky enough to try the EDT, EDP, and the parfum in this scent. I liked the parfum the best. It was smooth, beautiful, lush, sophisticated....but.... a bit heavy and formal for my tastes and lifestyle. I would wear this scent...well, I'm not sure when. I guess if I was in a VERY formal situation that was taking place maybe in winter, when I needed confidence, and to come across as sexy? Something like that. This is a very nice perfume, but totally opposite of my whole persona. It'd be nice to have around though, "just in case" ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2005 4:57:00 PM More reviews by dusty333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wow a dark very sexy womanly fragrance. This can only be worn by the most confident of women. I am impressed. I cannot wear this as my warm skin makes the smell overpowering....but I love to smell it on others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 8:46:00 PM More reviews by hontapocasgreen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just perfection in a bottle. From the edt to the parfum, perfection. The edt has more patchouli while the parfum has more spicy floral. Some reviewers say it's not for everyday wear, but I'd wear it everyday if I could afford to do so. This is *THE* "I am Woman, Hear me roar!" vampy, seductive, for adults only perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by mvgame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well THIS is the only fragance I'd keep purchasing. As I've said I like them sweet for the day, and spicy for the night, and this one is, at the same time, sweet and spicy. As some reviewers said before, as soon as you spray it on, it smells a bit strong, a bit too woodsy, but after a minute it settles to this amazing blend of sweet & spicy that fits me just fine. It's a perfume made to be a signature (my "first time" was "stealing" a whiz 10 years ago from my college boyfriend's mum, and I love ever since).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I certainly agree with the other reviewer here that if you were this, you smell expensive. I like the smell and I think it smells good on everyone. Too much of it makes me feel like I have a sore throat. Other than that, I love it and it is one of the best out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2005 11:56:00 PM More reviews by katieanng

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this one. I think it's very well done and I'm certain that many women can wear this, I'm just not sure I can. One time I asked a friend what she thought about my perfume, she said, "You smell expensive!" I don't think that's my goal...

What I like about Coco is that it's an all season sexy perfume. It's super classy and very ladylike and that's very important to me. This one is ultra sophisticated also. However, if I had to choose between this and my very favorite Must de Cartier, it'd be Must. I think it just works with my chemistry better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2005 6:26:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is a bit too spicy for my tastes. I prefer Chanel No 5 and Coco Mademoiselle to this one. Sophisticated scent but does smell a bit old-ladyish to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by lovekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my signature scent for years. In my wilder days, men would approach me and blurt out, 'you smell *sexy*!' This has never happened to me with any other perfume. I'm sure chemistry is very important here, but if this works for you, then it *really* works.