December 20, 2014 | 1815 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ymadub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This tends to strip the color out of my hair, but my stepdaughter (who doesn't color) loves it. It does really detox your hair and make it look volumized, albeit in need of a LOT of conditioning afterwards. Very frizzy! I personally don't like the scent - reminds me of Comet cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by secondhandnation

Oh my sweet and creamy lord, BIG is the best shampoo I've ever used! I'm not a big shampoo girl, cos I have curly hair and dandruff and so when I use it, I have used head and shoulders which is just gross. (But dandruff is gross too!) Anyway, I discovered Big when my bro-in-law gave me a tub for Christmas and I love it. Just a little scoopful does the job and my scalp seems much healthier and less oily and the smell is refreshing and wonderful. You scoop a bit in, rub it into your scalp and POOF, it lathers up like crazy. It's really cool. My two issues are that the screw top is annoying and that I just colored my hair and now have to lay off using it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by mayaari

This shampoo is great for getting rid of buildup and detoxing your hair. The packaging is interesting but sometimes cumbersome - no problem opening the lid and scooping out a small amount (a little goes a long way), but having to screw the lid back on while the shampoo's in your hand so you don't get a lot of water back in the bottle is annoying. That being said, I really like BIG. Once you get it lathering in your hair, it really lathers up and cleans up your hair. Be sure to follow up with a conditioner, as this strips your hair - it will squeak - and can be quite drying if used alone. I like using this every 2 weeks or so to remove buildup, since I don't use many styling products, and my hair is color treated.

The smell - and use of sea salt in the ingredients - reminds me of the beach :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by aerosmithkat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Big is a great volumizing shampoo for hair that needs a detox. It smells great and is pretty cost effecient since you only need a small amount massaged into thoroughly wet hair. I wont be repurchasing though, since it dries my hair out too much. Kenra Clarifying is much gentler, but still gets the gunk off my strands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i admit, i only bought this at first because of the fragrance, which goes perfectly with retread, which i also love the fragrance of. this does a good job though, my fine hair feels soft and has body, and it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by rapkat0021

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE.
Totally worth the price. This has lasted me for a year. VERY little goes a VERY long way. About 1/2 a teaspoon.
Some may complain that it is too drying. Then use conditioner. (durrr XD)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by daisyj2

Pros: it's easy to carry and much smaller than a normal shampoo bottle (I take it on ski trips with me), you only use a little bit at a time, there are a ton of uses per tub, it lathers well, and it leaves my hair squeaky clean.

Cons: other than the squeaky clean feeling, I haven't seen a *huge* difference in hair shininess. Also, you have to be sure to keep water from getting into the bottle while you're in the shower.

In all, I love having this around because it feels like it "detoxes" my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by she_thinks_it

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the weirdest shampoo I've ever seen, but it's also one of the best. It smells amazing, lathers well, and makes my hair (mostly straight with a little wave) fluffy and bouncy. A pot is not cheap, but you only need an amount the size of a quarter so it ends up being not-too-terribly expensive. I find that it's not for everyday use, too harsh for that, but two or three times a week is perfect. Some reviews on the Lush site say it takes the color from color-treated hair, but I don't know about that because I've never colored my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Isane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It has a strange consistency, but it works amazingly well! You can really feel the difference after using this shampoo as it gets rid of all the build-up. It's great for eliminating dandruff and I found it helped reduce fly-aways. It is a bit drying so use sparingly (definitely not an everyday shampoo). Apply a nice conditioner afterwards as it tends to knot the hair a lot.

Margarita lime is how they describe the scent of Big, not an unpleasant smell. Actually it doesn't smell like much at all to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2007 4:24:00 AM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

it works really well, and it feels good when you're using it. it makes my hair feel clean and look shiny. but i hate the smell. it's a tad drying, yes, but i have fine straight hair that i have to wash every day, so i'm not really that worried about it getting dried out a little.