LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

Volumizes my long straight asian hair like no other. Warning though, it is a TINY bit drying. Great for the summer time because it cleanses really well too. My boyfriend loves it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Until I developed an allergy to pretty much any ingredient ending in "sulfate", this shampoo was a staple for me as a twice-weekly addition to my Jumping Juniper/Veganese haircare routine. My hair is jaw-length, fine (but I have a lot of it), and dyed a few shades darker than my natural brunette colour. It was consistently left fuller, bouncy, glossy, and more pliable after using Big. My hair type is a magnet for residue, so I generally avoid intensive conditioners. Somehow with this I found that it was simultaneously clarifying and deep conditioning, yet it never accelerated greasiness.

The texture of this - an opaque white gel with sea salt crystals suspended in it - may throw you at first and some experimentation might be in order before you arrive at how it works best for you. You won't get a rich lather unless your hair is truly saturated with water first. My method was to quickly rub my Jumping Juniper bar over my scalp first and rinse my hair before applying Big. I'd dip two fingers into the pot as a scoop, which was ample, and massage into my scalp and hair. Once the salt crystals dissolve it's pretty much as per your average shampoo...but with far better results, in my experience.

N.B. In case anyone is deterred by the mention of an allergy, this was caused by medication and was unrelated to the product itself.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love love this product. At first I wondered how the grainy texture would apply in my hair and was afraid I might end up damaging rather than helping my already tired, freaked out hair. But just a tiny amount of this product, with a little bit of water to start the lather, applied to the hair, and BOOM!!! The product seems to literally expand. It washes out well, leaving the hair squeaky clean. I used this shampoo after using oil in my hair, because this seems to wash out every last bit of extra oiliness. It also helps that this shampoo leaves my hair shiny. I always use it with Retread conditioner, because this shampoo is a tad drying on its own. That might be due to the sulfates, but hey, it works better than many a more expensive product I have tried. And my hair and skin seem to be doing a lot better after I switched to LUSH a few months ago. So I am not complaining. Not at all.
A big Whoop for a shampoo that gives hair body and shine, and leaves it sparkling clean.

I don't exactly have limp hair, but I never mind a little extra bounce. BIG from LUSH definetely does it for me. It's got natural sea salt to give your hair that full effect. It also makes your hair smell just like you walked off the beach. It's a great product, you should definetely try it.

BIG is definately unlike any shampoo I've ever used. I generally wouldn't spend this much on a shampoo, but this one is worth it. I usually only use it once or twice a week because I find it can be a bit drying for daily use. It clarifies and cleanses beautifully. Leaves your hair bouncy and cleaner than clean. I love the scent.. and it lingers all day long. The texture can take a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you won't want to go with out this shampoo.

This product can be Heavenly for you if you don't have color treated hair. At first, my hair looked great, bouncey and full of shine but it soon turned to horror a few hours later when my hair was like touching dried up straw, It now looked very dry and lackluster and it also stripped my hair color which I think aggrivated me more than anything. I heard the same from a few others but still wanted to try it myself. My advice is, if you have dyed hair, get a sample first.

This is amazing shampoo. My hair is bouncy and shiny after I use it...which is pretty amazing since my hair is thin and can be very dull and flat.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product really just did nothing for me. I did get a good lather, unlike other users, but compared to the shampoo bars and Cynthia Sylvia Stout, it didn't really live up to my Lush expectations.

My hair felt a bit more dry, shapeless and dull afterwards, rather than what it promises to do.

EDIT: I have switched over shampoos now but still use this every now and then when i need a bit more volume. I find the big hunks of salt left in my hair after use really annoying!! plus i think it was a bit to harsh for everyday use with my very fine hair.

OLD REVIEW: this shampoo is fantastic! its very original in texture and works really really well at cleaning and making you hair super smooth. Its the best shampoo i have ever used and seems to make my hair better with every use. I have very very fine hair and its gives me quite a bit of volume which i cant complain about. Its not drying at all and i reccomend marilyn conditioner after use. a must have.

I ran out of this stuff recently and started using up a bottle of Aveda shampoo that had been collecting dust in my bathroom - what a terrible mistake. Within days my hair started looking stringy, oily, flat and unhealthy. Had to go out and buy a new tub of Big. I swear this stuff actually balances the oil production of my scalp or something! It just improves the overall texture of my hair 100% and I love the beachy scent.

People say this shampoo can be drying; but for me with hair that's shortish, fine, oily, and has product in it on a daily basis this product is a godsend.

Top Rated LUSH Products