April 20, 2014 | 1486 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by twistedlogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, this was a product with both really good and bad qualities. Personally, my hair has never ever been shinier or fuller after using this. But it is terribly problematic that the salt dries the scalp and fades hair color. I think I'll use this as a treatment shampoo, not too often.

Edit: only worked for me when I was in Canada, now that I'm home in my hardwater area again, it's pretty much useless. Such a shame, 'cause it was really great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mstatonb2

This shampoo gives you unbelievable shine and volume...but at what cost? For me, after continued use-almost 2 years, a really dry scalp. I think the key is to use this product in moderation. Maybe once a week. It'll get your hair squeaky clean and lookin' good and full.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by attdexter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how this makes my hair feel, super thick and shiny like nothing else can do, but it totally faded my haircolor! If i did not color my hair at a salon, I would use this. I don't really like the tub, I feel like i'm dripping water in and dissolving the salt, but I don't think there is really another option with the thick texture, just keep it in a dry area of your shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Sakuru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this for a clarifying shampoo. I only use this about 1-2 times a month. I still have the original container I purchased when Lush first came out with this product.

For those that complain that it dried out their hair and scalp I have to wonder how often they used it? I use it for it's intended purpose, and that is to remove styling product build-up.

I only use this when my hair starts feeling heavy from conditioners and hairsprays.

The only one thing I would change about this shampoo is the scent. The texture is a bit strange and reminds me of tapioca pudding, however it works. I only use 1 small fingertip full for my entire head. It is a great value when you figure out that a container will last you several years.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Spacemonkeylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I immediatley used this after I got my new order from Lush,
geez - what a funky texture - salt crystals! The smell ain't that bad either, fresh, lemon-y and a bit powdery.

I love the way this massages the scalp and by that way gets rid of impurities and dirt. I use it on the scalp only - my hair has gained a few inches in length and I don't think that putting Big in my already porouse ends will do them any good. You don't need a lot of product - only a perhaps dime sized amount, then I rub it between my hands and put it on my scalp, let some fresh water run over my head and then lather up. The salt crystals dissolve quickly when lathered up and it produces MASSIVE(!) foam.

Big rinses clean and although it leaves hair feeling a bit on the dry side (no silicones - no slickness, thank God!), when hair is dry, it's shiney, fluffy, and falls great.
I use a good conditioner after using Big, something like Veganese (love it!) and Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream mixed together. Tada - good hair days are back.

AND: No silicones. Way to go, Lush. *kiss*
Oh, and another bonus: Big helps with impurities on the back (bacne), perhaps it's the salt. Very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 4:57:00 AM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've said YES to buying this shampoo again, but I shouldn't. I have eczema dermititis and this wasn't the kindest thing on my scalp. However, it gives fabulous volume, shine and the smells yum! Really if I didn't have such a sensitive scalp I would swear by this :) The only downside is that it's slightly drying...whether that has something to do with the salt crystals, I don't know.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by aolena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so disappointed by this product – it dried out my hair and scalp. Every time I washed my hair with it, my scalp was itching so badly that I had to stop using it. At the end I used it as a scrub for my feet. Beware of this product if you have sensitive scalp.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by babylis12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product deserves MUCH higher reviews! Big makes my hair fragrant, shiny and BIG! It does exactly what it says it does. I'm not crazy about the packaging for this one but I realize that this is the way it needs to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by pandaluvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the first Lush products I bought a year ago in my first online order after my roommate at the time raved about it. I used to have very oily hair so its great a eliminating that as give my hair a brilliant shine (I have naturally medium blonde hair, the day after I use it my friends have asked me if I had highlights)

The trick is to only use a pinch of the product add a few drops of water and lather well. I also only use this once a week

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by squeakyfish

I love this. It smells nice. When it drips down your face and accidentally touches your lips it doesn't taste icky and bitter like most shampoos... my hair did use to get a bit knotty afterwards when I had long hair but it was wonderful! I love Lush!