April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ladyinred002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this bronzer soo much! It's a great color and is totally matte and looks so natural! But I have just started to use Epiduo, so my skin was probably very sensitive and this gave me little bumps in the hollows of my cheeks ( where I apply bronzer.) I am so dissappointed, but I think any bronzer would have done this, due to how weak my skin is now. I'll try this in a month or so, when I am not using it. If you don't have acne prone skin- definitely try this! If you are using any kind of perscription-strength acne products, it's probably best to stay away from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mslovely417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product around June and I would have to say it is one of my HG. I feel like I should stock up on this product everytime I see it at Walmart. For $2.74USD it gives me the perfect bronze glow, not too heavy or dark but perfect for me. The price is perfect and I have been using it everyday and have not even made a dent yet!! Though the packaging is not the greatest, I find it annoying that I have to snap it shut and it is a pest to get open, it doesn't matter because the price and the product inside is whats most important to me! Will definitely be repurchasing it and I have been recommending it to everyone that I know.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bebe_sam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great bronzer! Adds a nice glow to my face without making my face look dirty or muddy! Best of all, I got mine for $1 at the Dollar Tree!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by clarene2121

really cheap.... only cost me $2.34 at wal mart and its good for beginners! really blends to skin nicely.... amazing for contouring and makes my cheeks slimmer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by samanthaxmariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Honestly, before I picked up this product I pretty much never wore bronzer, but I thought it would be a good thing to use in the summer. I was a little skeptical because it was so cheap, but I thought, how could I go wrong with a bronzer for only $3? After using it for a few weeks, I must say I love it! It's a great color that I think would work pretty well on a wide range of skin tones. I use it both as a contour and to give me a natural tanned look. And it's completely matte, which I looove because of my oily complexion. Things with shimmer make me look ten times more oily. And for the price you get a good amount of product. I've been using mine daily for about 2, maybe 3 weeks now and you can hardly tell - there's not a dent in it. I would definitely not recommend using the little sponge that it comes with, but honestly, how often do we use the sponges that come with powders? Overall I'm happy I bought it and I would definitely buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

FINALLY!! A Matte bronzer that matches my skin tone! I've been searching for a matte bronzer since forever! and now ive found one that had amazing reviews from youtube gurus like dulcecandy and saaamage! Ive purchased this from the Crush Cosmetics website for $7.95. It has been sold out twice on the website and i patiently waited till they had it in stock so i could buy one! And it was definitely worth the wait! Love Love Love it!

Edit: I hate it, it clogged my pores and I will never use it again. It gave me little weird bumps on my cheeks. Another alternative is the Rommel London's 022 sun bronze. It's not fully matte. But it has like 0.0001% shimmer that doesn't even show up when applied.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

A fantastic bronzer at an even better price! I like this because it is matte and works great as a contour and bronzer for the day-time (when I don't want too much shimmer on my face). It is a little sheer so you can easily build up the colour without going overboard. The colour on my medium skin-tone is quite natural provided I use this lightly and it has never looked orange on me. Blending is easy with the right brush, if not, it can look a little muddy in my opinion. Definitely recommend if you don't want to spend alot of money on a good bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by AMD18134

I heart this bronzer. Every time I buy a foundation that's a little too light for my skin tone (since it's super hard to find a match for me) I use this to balance it out, not to mention contouring, and it works great. I like that it has a matte finish, since I hate putting anything that has too much glitter all over my face, and I've had this since march I believe and I haven't hit the pan yet, even though I use this almost every day. The lasting power is pretty good, and the color payoff is awesome, and it's easy to control how much you want to show up on your skin. I also like that it's cheap, and comes with a mirror :D I just wish it came with a little more product, cause even though this has lasted me forever, I feel as if there's very little in the pan (it's super thin). But overall, it's a great product, and I plan on repurchasing :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by borelfabulous

I don't wear bronzers too often, but I just picked this up because I wanted to try a matte bronzer and this one was sooo inexpensive. Surprisingly, I really like the way it look on my skin an I love how it has no shimmers at all and how it makes my skin look nice and smooth. Definitely try this product out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have 17 bronzers. Why? Because that's what I have left after getting rid of a few. I have no idea why. I'm about an NW25, I use sunscreen every day and I self tan but not on my face...I need bronzers, not that many, but...I have NARS, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Dior, MAC, BeneFit, Guerlain, Estee Lauder...the two that I have that are drugstore bronzers are NYC Sunny and Physicians Formula Bronze Booster in Light/Medium.
I have found that darker bronzers tend to create more of a contrast rather and make me look as though just like I have light skin with dark bronzer on or juts too much, too fake...rather than make me looklike I've been in the sun and it matches my self-tanner.If you haven't tried a lighter bronzer for that I highly recommend it. I look so much more "tan", as if I were naturally tan.
The packaging isn't great but considering that it was less than $3.00 USD and what's inside is fantastic, I can't complain. The texture when I swatch it with my finger isn't fantastic however, it doesn't translate to the face that way, I have dry skin and this bronzer is great, not drying, it doesn't oxidize, lasts well enough...The color is perfect! I would compare the color to two other bronzers...swatching on my hand they are slightly different, the way they translate on my face, they are nearly identical. They are PF Bronze Booster in Light/Medium and Dior Matte Sunshine in Honey Matte. Both great bronzers! Dior may last a bit longer on my skin but honestly when I run out of this bronzer I will definitely repurchase, can't say the same for most of the others. It truly is a fantastic bronzer for light/medium skin tones and I imagine it works well for all skin types as it is matte, great for oily skin yet it's neither drying nor powdery so it may work well if you have dry skin but still prefer a powder. All around great bronzer and quite the bang for your buck. Highly recommend!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No