Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 1/4/2006 6:07:00 PM

I got this as a gwp for buying way too much LM stuff. I like it, but I cannot tell that my makeup stays on longer. It does make my makeup appear to go on smoother. I do not mind the scent, it is clean smelling. I like it and it has not broken me out that I can tell. I am not sure if I would buy it becuase it is so expensive, but I do enjoy it. I may try a cheaper primer to see if I can get the same results but for less cash.

on 12/29/2005 7:35:00 PM

Love this product. I've tried several others for my sensitive, combination skin and they either didn't work for me or brought me out in pimples. This works very well and not a pimple in sight. Make up stays on through a long, hot day. Very pleased with this and will stick with it.

on 12/21/2005 1:38:00 PM

Not bad stuff; very light and smooths on evenly. However I have a suspicion that it gave me a few pimples. Will have to experiment more to see if this is really the cause!

on 12/6/2005 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The best primer I've used so far. Keeps makeup on but leaves you dewy enough so there's none of the matte 'makeup' look that I hate. If I can, will hoard this. That's how good it is.

on 11/14/2005 10:59:00 AM

Great primer. LM's is a gel and goes on silky smooth. You only need a very small amount to cover your entire face so it lasts a long time and is worth the money. Use this with her tinted moisturizer and you have a great base to put on makeup! Buy this!

on 11/4/2005 6:22:00 PM

I got a sample of this when I purchased some TM. I really like it because it makes my skin feel really nice and the scent is refreshing. It really does help the TM last longer and wear better (no turning color). In fact, my TM over this primer lasted from 9am to 10pm! Since I am in grad school, I am away from home for that long on a regular basis. I also found it helped with the oilies. The TM only lasts about 8 hrs without the primer and doesn't look as fresh. I also tried it with the LM powder fx, but I didn't find any benefit. Overall, I will repurhase this as long as it doesn't break me out (its been a week of daily use with no problems yet!)

on 10/28/2005 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

broke me out :(

on 10/20/2005 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've tried Smashbox and Philosophy. Like both but love this, too. IMHO, it really depends on what effect you wanna achieve.

Philosophy Clear Makeup really makes your skin matte and 'physically' fills in/smoothens out imperfections--it's that kind of creamy, thick layer. Feels fresh, too. I'd gather you'd want this if you have very oily, acne-prone skin. It has an anti-bacterial something in it.

LM is like a moisturizer in texture but keeps oilies at bay yet allows for a little to seep through so you end up dewy, not oily. Helps make cosmetics blendable and stay longer. It also has skin caring ingredients added so your actually giving your skin a treat each time you use it.

In terms of staying power, I like Philosophy's better but it takes practice to quickly apply makeup over it as it dries out into a semi-paste.

Smashbox is a wonderful product, couldn't keep my oily skin from getting shinny by mid-PM (early AM application).

So, choose depending on your need. As for LM, it's not bad. Didn't break me out.

Okay so...What can I say.. I love this product.. Im 42 and just starting to have a few lines... and this seems to really smooth out my skin.. As for my foundation not coming off.. I use chanel.. and it never came off prior to using the primer.. But I love this stuff.. just for how nice and even my skin looks! Awesome product!

on 10/18/2005 3:38:00 AM

Strange how the same one product can illicit such different responses from different people. Have always shied away from LM before this - so pricey! However, I went mad one weekend and bought this with a few other bits and bobs. And I must say I am quite impressed by this! This works for me - just a thin, thin layer on and my foundation looks and feels much better (and I use a variety of foundations depending on my mood!) with no sign of flakiness; although I won't venture as far as using the word 'flawless', it's pretty darn close! No stinging or reaction on me (could that be due to the moisturiser-primer combination?) and after a bad spell with break-outs, I am now ever so careful to get every bit of gunk off my face at the end of the day so there has not been any problems on that end. I have to take a lippie off for the dreadful scent. Bleurgh! Thankfully, this goes away quite quickly. Conclusion : My make-up has never 'behaved' this well, even after nearly ten hours in a dry, air-conditioned office so YAY from me :)

Popular Primer/ Correctors