August 21, 2014 | 2105 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by golden_butterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is amazing. I've tried NARS primer and also Chanels.
But those only work to keep ur make up on place all day, they don't fix your imperfections.
This one is amazing !
It gives you the photoshop effect and it's so light you won't even know you're wearing a primer.
This primer smoothen out your skin and helps your foundation to get an even look and helps keeping pigment from running into your skin.
Love it and will be buying it for the rest of my life !

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't live without this product! It has affected my life in the same way as cell-phones have affected us all making statements like; "I don't know how we could all manage before", totally applicable...
When I first was exposed to this product I truly felt the idea of primers overall would be a hoaks. But boy was I wrong! I am not saying however this is something everybody should consider a must. But for me being in my thirties with a very dry skin it has really made a difference. Not only has the use of this primer made my skin all over clearer and cleaner, protecting it from sucking up too much foundation due to it's constant thirst for any moisture. It literarly creates less need for foundation and powder to make my skin look flawless and it definately increases my make up's staying power. Today I only use tinted moistrizers as opposed to before hevier ones and I use a lot less powder. My skins condition has also vastly improved with less noticible pores, probably due to the protecting barrier of the primer. The watery gel like consistency doesn't seem able to do much when you first feel the product but it sure makes a difference in spite of it's seemingly invisible texture. A definate staple in my make up bag!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 8:47:00 AM More reviews by jochan2

This product works really well with the LM tinted moisturiser. It keeps my foundation on all day and has never caused a break out. It comes in a plastic tube which is very hygienic. I will purchase for as long as I keep using LM tinted moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 3:54:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a light-weight oil-free gel cream that applies easily. It does not irritate or break out my skin. I do not notice any difference when I use this product on my skin. My foundation does not go on better or last longer. Liquid foundation still seeps into my large pores around my nose. Contains parabens. Useless product for me. Update: I really like Korres silicone-free primer to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Pierra007

I love this. I use this with the tinted moisturizer spf20 and loose powder in translucent. I get compliments from my coworkers whenever I wear this. It looks so natural you can't tell I have make up on. My face look clean and fresh. I have combination skin so the down side is that I can't use this in the summer cause it's too oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I initially didn't but this as I hated having to shell out (and with LM you shell out, esp. in Canada) for an additional product when all I wanted was a TM. The SA used this and yeah the TM went on more evenly and the result was much smoother and stayed fresh looking all day. I still felt like a sucker going back to get it (all told I have LM primer, TM, loose translucent powder, velour puff, and secret finish...too scared to even add it up!!) all this for basically one thing...yeah. Still I don't regret it. I've never used a primer before, so there may be far superior ones out there, but I'm very happy with this one. Not an absolutely necessary product at all, but very nice to have. $40 CAN at Holt Renfrew.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LMB3872

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This works so well for me, it just gives that extra "something" to my LM tinted moisturizer/translucent loose powder combo. I have tried English Ideas, Garden Botanika, DHC velvet skin coat, and Philosophy the Present. This works much better for my needs than the items I just listed. I am of the oilier-complected, and Foundation Primer reduces the 10:00am oily residue that will accumulate on my skin. However, any sebaceous activity that takes place will, in fact, contribute to a glow. Basically, I won't look like "Grease Face".

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

if your reading this review, dont waste your money. seriously. it does no wonder. dont pay AU$59 in the hope that it might transform your skin, or your makeup for that matter, miraculously. it does *ABSOLUTELY* NOTHING to my skin or my makeup whatsoever. try MODELco Fase Base (a clear gel - see my review) instead. i did breakout (and still havent subsided!!!) a week after using that. i dont know if it is the primer or its just hormonal acne. either case, since it has done nothing to my makeup, im not gonna buy again. and i wouldnt recommand anyone to either.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Nessicle

My make up stays put all day anyway because I use Estee Lauder Doublewear but I heard a lot of raves on here about this Primer. I used my usual face wash and moisturiser and then put this prmer on. I gave it about 10 minutes to sink in to my skin and by the time I got to work I looked like a clown! This has never happened with my make up before so I was really shocked and felt ugly and uncomfortable all day (I'm not vain - honest!!). I wouldn't recommend any sort of primer no matter how good they claim to be!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's my story: I've had cystic acne for about ten years, which I've kept under control and relatively clear due to the acne.org regimen. I bought the LM primer in hopes it would blur out the large pores on my cheeks and keep my makeup looking fresh all day. Well, it doesn't really do that. Instead, it provides a nice, slick finish for my makeup to go over, but it doesn't add any staying power. Also, I've noticed that within a week, I started breaking out really badly. I know a pimple takes 2 weeks to form, but it was just too much of a coincidence, since my skin has been behaving great for years. It doesn't seem to worth it to me, plus it's very expensive.