Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

3.0

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

I would think something for $30 would be a good product. The 1st time I used it was on New Years Eve. 2 days later I had a big zit on my cheek. I was like okay maybe its from all the alcohol I had that night and not enough sleep necause of the new years. The 2nd time I used it was the past Saturday night. I went out for dinner with my friends and watched a movie. I came home about 1 am to wash my makeup off. 2 days later another zit on my cheek. I havent had zits this big since high school which was like 10 years ago and never get pimples on my cheeks so I know its because of this product. I am very disappointed in this product. I really dont undertsand what does this product actually do. I still need to use a moisturizer on my cheeks before this product because it doesnt moisturize your skin. The sales lady was so nice and said it will make a difference in my makeup and protect my skin. I really didnt want to buy it but I felt bad that she spent so much time choosing a foundation for me but I didnt want to purchase the foundation so I purchased this product.

I got this as a gwp for buying way too much LM stuff. I like it, but I cannot tell that my makeup stays on longer. It does make my makeup appear to go on smoother. I do not mind the scent, it is clean smelling. I like it and it has not broken me out that I can tell. I am not sure if I would buy it becuase it is so expensive, but I do enjoy it. I may try a cheaper primer to see if I can get the same results but for less cash.

Love this product. I've tried several others for my sensitive, combination skin and they either didn't work for me or brought me out in pimples. This works very well and not a pimple in sight. Make up stays on through a long, hot day. Very pleased with this and will stick with it.

Not bad stuff; very light and smooths on evenly. However I have a suspicion that it gave me a few pimples. Will have to experiment more to see if this is really the cause!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The best primer I've used so far. Keeps makeup on but leaves you dewy enough so there's none of the matte 'makeup' look that I hate. If I can, will hoard this. That's how good it is.

Great primer. LM's is a gel and goes on silky smooth. You only need a very small amount to cover your entire face so it lasts a long time and is worth the money. Use this with her tinted moisturizer and you have a great base to put on makeup! Buy this!

I got a sample of this when I purchased some TM. I really like it because it makes my skin feel really nice and the scent is refreshing. It really does help the TM last longer and wear better (no turning color). In fact, my TM over this primer lasted from 9am to 10pm! Since I am in grad school, I am away from home for that long on a regular basis. I also found it helped with the oilies. The TM only lasts about 8 hrs without the primer and doesn't look as fresh. I also tried it with the LM powder fx, but I didn't find any benefit. Overall, I will repurhase this as long as it doesn't break me out (its been a week of daily use with no problems yet!)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

broke me out :(

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've tried Smashbox and Philosophy. Like both but love this, too. IMHO, it really depends on what effect you wanna achieve.

Philosophy Clear Makeup really makes your skin matte and 'physically' fills in/smoothens out imperfections--it's that kind of creamy, thick layer. Feels fresh, too. I'd gather you'd want this if you have very oily, acne-prone skin. It has an anti-bacterial something in it.

LM is like a moisturizer in texture but keeps oilies at bay yet allows for a little to seep through so you end up dewy, not oily. Helps make cosmetics blendable and stay longer. It also has skin caring ingredients added so your actually giving your skin a treat each time you use it.

In terms of staying power, I like Philosophy's better but it takes practice to quickly apply makeup over it as it dries out into a semi-paste.

Smashbox is a wonderful product, couldn't keep my oily skin from getting shinny by mid-PM (early AM application).

So, choose depending on your need. As for LM, it's not bad. Didn't break me out.

Okay so...What can I say.. I love this product.. Im 42 and just starting to have a few lines... and this seems to really smooth out my skin.. As for my foundation not coming off.. I use chanel.. and it never came off prior to using the primer.. But I love this stuff.. just for how nice and even my skin looks! Awesome product!

Popular Primer/ Correctors