December 22, 2014 | 1621 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 4:35:00 PM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why I don't like this product:
1) This product made me break out.
2) It didn't make the makeup application any better.
3) Hard sell by counter girls yet it's seriously an inferior product
4) It smells weird
5) It has a weird texture
6) It's a pointless step and actually made my makeup fall of my face after only 1 hour.
7) The ONLY thig that this product did was MAKE ME BREAK OUT and the SALES GIRLS AT NORDSTROM GAVE ME AN ATTITUDE WHEN I WENT TO RETURN IT. As if everyone in the world thought that it was the end all be all of primers.

I really tried to like this since I like some of her other products but no dice.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2005 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Lukalove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of this product. It had such great reviews here so I had to try but it did nothing for me. Even immediately after application my face still looked shiney. A few hours later...forget it, I was reflecting light my face was so shiney! It is a liquid form primer and after I put it on I didn't think my skin looked any better, it felt and looked like I didn't put anything on at all. I will be returning this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2005 9:19:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Product Description: Created to extend makeup wear by creating a barrier between the skin and foundation. Just as an artist "primes" a canvas to prepare for painting, Foundation Primer prepares the skin for foundation to glide on easily, look flawless and stay fresh and colour-true for hours. Contains unique light-reflecting ingredients which create a soft-focus appearance, causing fine lines and imperfections to seemingly smooth over and give skin a soft, luminous glow. Pigment-free, Foundation Primer adds no extra layer to makeup. Protects skin from the harmful, aging effects of the environment with Vitamins A, C and E, which act as antioxidants. Oil-free, ideal for all skin types.

A must for non-foundation wearers. Foundation Primer plus Loose Setting Powder adds luminosity and smooths skin texture while maintaining a natural, bare-faced look. Efficient in allowing foundation to "stay put" in hot weather. Helps prevent skin from absorbing talc and pigment from your foundation as well as preventing talc from drawing oil from the skin. ontains botanicals such as lavender, orange, jasmine, rose, geranium, grape, kiwi and aloe extracts to soothe and refresh the skin.
On Me: product description sounds so good! i am a non- foundation wearer & while it really helps my loose powder to adhere to my skin & make me look flawless, it caused me to break out in little white zits all over my face!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2005 1:26:00 AM More reviews by amandagoh

I bought this Foundation Primer because the sales girl told me it was 2004 Cosmopolitan's Best Primer of the Year in HK. So far, I'm not exactly thrilled or crazy over thie primer although it did bring some praises from my girlfriends who couldn't stop touching and marvelling at my porcelain complexion!!!! Of course, I didn't tell them what my secret finish was :) I applied the LM t/m on top of the primer for some colour tone. For a more natural look, I would use this primer with some loose powder dusted over. Despite giving this 5 lippies,I personally won't buy this primer again because I'll be looking for something with luminescence this time round. The packaging is a plus because it's flat and light enough to go into my travel pouch.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2005 10:10:00 PM More reviews by horn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really a nice primer. It does make a difference in the way your foundation wears...no matter the brand that you choose to use. I have tried it with the LM Oil Free as well as with my Shiseido foundations and it really does do what it is intended to do. I don't use an additional cream or lotion under it..just apply it to freshly washed skin. I did have slight problems with breakouts when I first started using this, but it turned out that my cleanser just wasn't doing the job it should have been. After I switched to a cleansing oil I was able to use this as often as I liked with no problems.
It also does last for quite a while because you don't need to use much (thank goodness..because it's pretty expensive!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by golden_butterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is amazing. I've tried NARS primer and also Chanels.
But those only work to keep ur make up on place all day, they don't fix your imperfections.
This one is amazing !
It gives you the photoshop effect and it's so light you won't even know you're wearing a primer.
This primer smoothen out your skin and helps your foundation to get an even look and helps keeping pigment from running into your skin.
Love it and will be buying it for the rest of my life !

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't live without this product! It has affected my life in the same way as cell-phones have affected us all making statements like; "I don't know how we could all manage before", totally applicable...
When I first was exposed to this product I truly felt the idea of primers overall would be a hoaks. But boy was I wrong! I am not saying however this is something everybody should consider a must. But for me being in my thirties with a very dry skin it has really made a difference. Not only has the use of this primer made my skin all over clearer and cleaner, protecting it from sucking up too much foundation due to it's constant thirst for any moisture. It literarly creates less need for foundation and powder to make my skin look flawless and it definately increases my make up's staying power. Today I only use tinted moistrizers as opposed to before hevier ones and I use a lot less powder. My skins condition has also vastly improved with less noticible pores, probably due to the protecting barrier of the primer. The watery gel like consistency doesn't seem able to do much when you first feel the product but it sure makes a difference in spite of it's seemingly invisible texture. A definate staple in my make up bag!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 8:47:00 AM More reviews by jochan2

This product works really well with the LM tinted moisturiser. It keeps my foundation on all day and has never caused a break out. It comes in a plastic tube which is very hygienic. I will purchase for as long as I keep using LM tinted moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 3:54:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a light-weight oil-free gel cream that applies easily. It does not irritate or break out my skin. I do not notice any difference when I use this product on my skin. My foundation does not go on better or last longer. Liquid foundation still seeps into my large pores around my nose. Contains parabens. Useless product for me. Update: I really like Korres silicone-free primer to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Pierra007

I love this. I use this with the tinted moisturizer spf20 and loose powder in translucent. I get compliments from my coworkers whenever I wear this. It looks so natural you can't tell I have make up on. My face look clean and fresh. I have combination skin so the down side is that I can't use this in the summer cause it's too oily.