April 19, 2014 | 1704 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I initially didn't but this as I hated having to shell out (and with LM you shell out, esp. in Canada) for an additional product when all I wanted was a TM. The SA used this and yeah the TM went on more evenly and the result was much smoother and stayed fresh looking all day. I still felt like a sucker going back to get it (all told I have LM primer, TM, loose translucent powder, velour puff, and secret finish...too scared to even add it up!!) all this for basically one thing...yeah. Still I don't regret it. I've never used a primer before, so there may be far superior ones out there, but I'm very happy with this one. Not an absolutely necessary product at all, but very nice to have. $40 CAN at Holt Renfrew.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LMB3872

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This works so well for me, it just gives that extra "something" to my LM tinted moisturizer/translucent loose powder combo. I have tried English Ideas, Garden Botanika, DHC velvet skin coat, and Philosophy the Present. This works much better for my needs than the items I just listed. I am of the oilier-complected, and Foundation Primer reduces the 10:00am oily residue that will accumulate on my skin. However, any sebaceous activity that takes place will, in fact, contribute to a glow. Basically, I won't look like "Grease Face".

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

if your reading this review, dont waste your money. seriously. it does no wonder. dont pay AU$59 in the hope that it might transform your skin, or your makeup for that matter, miraculously. it does *ABSOLUTELY* NOTHING to my skin or my makeup whatsoever. try MODELco Fase Base (a clear gel - see my review) instead. i did breakout (and still havent subsided!!!) a week after using that. i dont know if it is the primer or its just hormonal acne. either case, since it has done nothing to my makeup, im not gonna buy again. and i wouldnt recommand anyone to either.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Nessicle

My make up stays put all day anyway because I use Estee Lauder Doublewear but I heard a lot of raves on here about this Primer. I used my usual face wash and moisturiser and then put this prmer on. I gave it about 10 minutes to sink in to my skin and by the time I got to work I looked like a clown! This has never happened with my make up before so I was really shocked and felt ugly and uncomfortable all day (I'm not vain - honest!!). I wouldn't recommend any sort of primer no matter how good they claim to be!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's my story: I've had cystic acne for about ten years, which I've kept under control and relatively clear due to the acne.org regimen. I bought the LM primer in hopes it would blur out the large pores on my cheeks and keep my makeup looking fresh all day. Well, it doesn't really do that. Instead, it provides a nice, slick finish for my makeup to go over, but it doesn't add any staying power. Also, I've noticed that within a week, I started breaking out really badly. I know a pimple takes 2 weeks to form, but it was just too much of a coincidence, since my skin has been behaving great for years. It doesn't seem to worth it to me, plus it's very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by blyss

This was a product that I liked a lot once I actually used it. I wasn't fond of the idea of buying another product to apply between moisturizer and foundation but after trying it ... ok... I can see why this is a good idea :)
This is a product that helps smooth out your skin from flakies and helps moisturize some of the 'less than perfect areas'. It also helps control my oilies a bit... so it doesn't allow the foundation get that 'crease look' after a long day. I use this under BB and LM foundation and found it helped create a more polished look. It is absolutely necessary ... but definitely worth it! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 5:28:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I'm on my 2nd tube (and a little goes a long way). I quite like this, though it is the only primer I've used. It seems to give a nice base for foundation/concealer/powder. If I use the primer, I can even go on weekends with concealer and powder alone. BUT, I am still not convinced that is really is worth the $. I would recommend asking the LM counter for a generous sample (or even two) before purchasing. I think that using the primer really depends on how long you are able to go during the day without a touch up. I still give myself a good powdering after lunch...
UPDATE: I haven't used this in well over a year and don't miss it a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Tessiepooh

I really like this foundation primer. Since my skin is too oily to wear moisturizer, I need a layer of something moist to work my foundation into. This really helps my foundation stick to my face, and keeps it looking fresh for hours. I actually notice a pretty big difference when I don't use this. I like the tube packaging. The price is pretty high (a complaint I have for many LM products, unfortunately) but I will still continue to repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by GypsyMoth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first primer so I don't really have anything to compare it to.
Did it's job, I guess - nothing special; does make my makeup last all day, though I never really had a problem with that before.
Had no problems with breaking out or anything of the sort. A decent product, but not really worth it for the price. The packaging is basic, but seems kind of cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by shaykay

This primer was only OK. I used the entire tube, and it may have helped my MU stay on longer than without any primer at all. That said, my skin had been acting up with rashy breakouts on normally clear skin. I attributed this to everything EXCEPT the LM primer; alas, when I ran out of primer, my skin was clear within 2 weeks!