Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

3.4

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 12/9/2006 10:01:00 PM

I really haven't noticed a problem with this cleanser. I have the Target version of it, and I like the way that it has worked so far. It goes easily on my face, removes my makeup, and leaves my face with a nice glow.

I've been keeping an eye on dryness, given the other reviews, but so far (even with dry skin and cold dry climate) I haven't noticed anything.

on 12/9/2006 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser does not really do much for my skin. I don't know about its makeup removing abilities (I only wear mineral makeup, and it removes that fine). It can be a touch drying, even though it feels refreshing when applied. It could do without the powdery note in the fragrance as well. Not special enough for me to repurchase again, although overall it it's not horrible.

on 12/6/2006 9:50:00 PM

I really didn't like this cleanser at first; however, I found if I rub it on my dry face and then wipe it off with a warm wet washcloth, it does remove my makeup. I then rewash my face with it in the regular way. My skin felt clean and refreshed. One drawback is that you cannot remove your eye makeup with it, because it will sting you eyes.

on 11/24/2006 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First things first,I will definitely not repurchase this cleanser.I think it removes makeup well and doesn't dry out my dry skin (that's why I gave it 2 lippies so far) but I can't stand the smell! Some people said it's menthol but to me it smells (and looks like b/c of its texture and the pearly sheen in it)so much like those hair removal creams that you use for your legs!UGH! It retails double $ here than in US,I'm positive that I can find something a lot better in terms of cleansing,smell,texture and even packaging (coz I hate how big this is since it gets harder to make the product come out of the tube in time).Not recommended!

on 11/13/2006 7:50:00 PM

I did not like this cleanser at all. It did not remove all of my makeup.I have oily,acne prone skin and it just didn't feel clean. I hated it so much I gave it to my sister.

on 10/28/2006 10:28:00 PM

I don't like this for two reasons: first, it doesn't get rid of even lightly applied makeup; and, second, you can't use it in the eye area because of the menthol. It's better at taking off makeup if you remove it with a washcloth, but that's kind of a pain sometimes. And I don't like having to use a separate product to wash my eyes. The one good thing I can say for it is that it doesn't strip or dry my skin. I won't buy this again.

on 10/27/2006 4:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This cleanser does not irritate my skin at all, has a slightly refreshing cooling feelin but nothing to the point of being a nuisance and really does "deep" clean. Improves skin tone and complexion, all in all a non-regrettable purchase. Finally a cleanser worth buying.

on 10/19/2006 11:11:00 PM

I love this cleanser! It leaves my skin pleasantly clean but not dry.

on 10/15/2006 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have acne prone skin and this cleanser doesn't do much for me. I think it at least doesn't cause break-outs--not noticeably, at least. It's kind of a nice, thick, creamy consistency. I like the smell and slight tingle. It just isn't anything special for my skin. If I had normal skin with little to no break outs, I might stick with it. Unfortunately I don't have nice, normal skin and I won't be re-purchasing this. continued >>

I thought this was just a cream version of the Deep Clean Cleanser and would be great for my face for the fall and winter, but I was definitely wrong. This cleanser doesn't foam, so I really don't feel like I'm getting any makeup or oil off. Plus, the menthol is sooo irritating. You definitely can't use this near your eyes, it burns way too much. And trust me, I use the Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask that has menthol in it and that never bothers me. But this cleanser...let's just say it's not my friend.