July 30, 2014 | 1933 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. I use it on all my skin booboos, acne scars, dry/scaly patches, chapped lips. It stinks but it's kind of a medicinal/resiny smell, so it's tolerable. It's expensive but get it online or duty-free so it's reasonable. Brilliant stuff, I buy it repeatedly and the tube lasts ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by miinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I couldn't live without eight hour cream. It literally does everything - soothes chapped lips, dry skin, burns, softens and strengthens nails and cuticles, heals post-acne marks.. it does everything.

I love dabbing it on my lips and cheeks to make them look glowy and vibrant. It also heals the icky post-acne dry spots/scabs beautifully, almost overnight. I also have INCREDIBLY dry, scaly skin on the tops of my ankles that eight-hour cream makes literally dissapear. Great, gentle exfoliate and moisturizer. I'm a makeup artist, so I'm washing my hands constantly and it can dry out my cuticles and nails, but the cream keeps them in great shape and keeps them protected. I only wish it were available in a larger tube!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by rockandredlipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too expensive for a brownish Vaseline. I bought this because of the hype, but I used it once and felt gypped for blowing the money on something that is no better than my $2 Vaseline. I returned this, and while I didn't give it much of a chance, I was very much unimpressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by hoan86

Don't like the smell- major peeve with this product.

Its aparantly a god in the professional makeup world with many uses. But I just cant get into it..

It really does moisturize the lips but so does vaseline, as for scrapes and bruises havent really had the opportunity to use it for such may be good dont know...

Overall just doesnt really suit my needs...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kribil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Paula Begoun says that this is an ordinary emollient moisturizer for dry skin that contains mostly Vaseline (over 55%), lanolin, mineral oil, fragrance, salicylic acid, plant oil, and vitamin E. The teeny amount of salicylic acid here is ineffective as an exfoliate.
But in need of a moisturizer I would choose better one.
The prize for ordinary Vaseline is outrageous.
Only use that I can find for it is lip protection in winter or as a fabulously shiny lip gloss all year round.
Ps! I really love the smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sun_p

i dont know what i would do without it. aaah. super effective for a multitude of uses, lips, highlighter, eye gloss, dry areas, treats irritated skin, colesores, burns, scars, i could go on. i need this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Orbital

I only bought the Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Body Treatment to get a free gift goodie bag but I'm very glad I did. I had previously tried the regular 8 Hour cream which I found a bit greasy and the smell overpowering, but this is a lot better. The smell is lighter, slightly more lemony rather than herbal. It absorbs well, leaving skin feeling very soft and moisturised. Very good for the dry spots on my elbows!

I have found an even better use for it though - taming my dry, over processed hair. I'm 50 and now dye my naturally thick wavy hair. It can become very dry and coarse looking on the ends between trims, and conditioning treatments didn't seem to be having much effect. After using the cream on my body once I happened to run my hands through my hair and immediately noticed how the residue left it looking much better. I now use it regularly on my hair, first rubbing the tiniest amount into the palms of my hands to distribute it evenly, and then lightly smoothing it over the top of my hair, taming frizzies and paying particular attention to the crispy ends. It doesn't leave hair looking greasy and absorbs into the hair shaft well, making it much more manageable, soft and conditioned. I will be buying this product again for a multitude of uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:14:00 AM More reviews by maro79

Wonderfull treament for all type of irritated skin (burned, scraped, dehydrated, etc). I also use it daily as a lipbalm, fabulous stuff, my lips have never felt softer or smoother!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by danielle104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is fabulous for my sensitive skin. Yes, it is 56% petrolatum, so it seems silly to spend so much for a product that is majority Vaseline, but, it's the additional ingredients that sets it apart from other skin creams. Although i don't view it as a cream, it is more like a jelly. It does an outstanding job on my very sensitive skin, fixing the perioral dermatitis, lickety-split.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Duty Free just to use up my coinage, even though usually i just dismiss all reviews and adverts etc for it because i own so many products similar to this one. 8 hr cream is like rosebud salve, vaseline and emulsifying ointment (you get it from the doctors for bad eczma or dry skin) in that it is an effective moisturizer. Though i have all these alternatives i decided to buy this as a treat as it definately looks more attractive in the bottle than all of the above (except rosebud salve which is cute)and has good portability. I personally think it smells terrible (which is odd because i have the clear EA 8 hr cream lip protectant and the pink one and they both smell great)it does sink into the skin better than the 3 alternatives i listed. but that one perk will not persuade me to repurchase. I am currently on roaccutane so this is good to carry around with me, therefore i cant speak for acne fighting properties if it has any, but it is a nice moisturizing and glossy product for terrible chronic peeling lips! if i am feeling extra dry i pop this on my dry patches (you only need a dab) before i go to sleep and it helps my skin to feel less dry and also helps my makeup go on smoother in the morning. Sometimes i also use it in the morning to relieve dryness, i just pat on a litle on the dry bits after i moisturized and wait the usual time which i would wait for my moisturizer to sink in, (20 mins - i have my brekkie lol) and then simply apply my foundation etc as usual, i just use a little more powder on those areas but even though i use a little more powder those areas still look glowy and moisturized and plump and not at all chalky or overpowdered.this works well for me because of my currently very dry skin however it may not work for everybody. So though i enjoy using this product and i dont regret buying it in the least, i wont repurchase because once i am off roaccutane i wont need it and because i have other cheaper and less chemically products that i can use.