Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

on 11/22/2007 5:44:00 AM

Will never ever buy this again. Its zero moisturising to me, and it just seems like petroleum jelly with some herbs mixed in. The smell is so horrid too.

on 11/19/2007 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for almost ten years so I should probably like it more than I do. I always end up buying it at the airport and then a tube ends up lasting for years since I only use it on my lips. It's sticky, I think it smells nice but everyone else I've met seem to hate the smell. It doesn't relly do anything for my lips that a tub of vaseline doesn't do for a fraction of the price. I've tried using it on my face when I have dry patches, but if anything that seems to dry them out even more...

on 11/10/2007 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I also had a patch of eczema, I tried everything (including vaseline), but it didn't work. I try the eight hour cream and it work very well. I heard that it was a life saver for those with eczema, and now I am a believer. It also works on insect bites, dry lips, rough patches of skin etc. Also, if you compare this has other ingridients that are very soothing for the skin that vaselinte does not contain.
Vaseline irritates eczema as well. I always have some in my beauty essentials.

on 10/16/2007 12:15:00 AM

I love this stuff! I use it as a cuticle cream, on flaky areas, on cuts or scrapes, and it is the best lip treatment ever! I will always have this classic on hand.

on 9/21/2007 11:22:00 AM

I bought this product after reading a review in a magazine that described it as an essential beauty tool. I was skeptical until I started using it. I use it on my lips as they are very flaky and I have a lot of dry skin on them. I have tried many types of lips balms including Vaseline but this is amazing. Not only are my lips now smooth and soft but I found that they are fuller and plumper. It gives you a lovely pout and works really well as a base for gloss. I found Vaseline too greasy and that lipstick doesn't sit well over it. The Eight Hour cream is also great for smoothing out eyebrows and on rough patches of skin. I love it and have not noticed any unpleasant smell or taste.

on 9/15/2007 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a small tube of this that came free with some other EA products. It is handy to have in my make-up bag and works well as a lip balm or for dry skin (great for my flaky nose in the winter) but as so many others have said, you could get a similar result with Vaseline (or even better, olive oil).

I love the smell but it may not be everyones' taste.
Would not buy again as overpriced for what it is IMO.

on 9/13/2007 3:12:00 AM

Like someone else has already said, an overrated vaseline-like product. Doesn't do anything more than vaseline does. Will not repurchase

on 9/8/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

yes this smells horrible but this is great for those who suffer from excema. this immediately soothes and relieves the dryness and stops the itch. its cheap and can be used for many things. I will definitely keep a tube of this around. the smell does fade and I usually apply this at night or when I'm lounging around the house and nobody will have to smell me. this isn't just vaseline because this worked better than just using vaseline alone. this is also an awesome overnight lip balm!

on 8/23/2007 5:14:00 AM

i bought this in the limited edition vintage jar. i like the fact this its a soft peachy colour. too cute. when i first smelt the product i thought it was DREADFUL. when i put it on my lips the taste was disgusting. however with time i got used to it. but because the vaseline jar is easier to open... sorry elizabeth.. vaseline wins. great for dry heels:)... or aything that needs a little extra care in the moisture department.

on 8/8/2007 2:28:00 PM

This stuff can work magic on a number of things. Lips, cuticles, dry patches, etc. When I first bought a tube I didn't really see what all the hype was about. For a start its expensive, and its similar to vaseline. You cant use it as an ordinary moisturiser as its VERY thick too.

However I must admit, when it was finished, I missed having some around so bought another tube. Iv discovered its much nicer than vaseline, makes a nice lipgloss and keeps eyebrows in place. It does sort dry patches very fast.

In conclusion, its handy stuff and I like to keep some in my makeup bag.

Popular Treatments (Face)