April 23, 2014 | 1457 users online

Treatments - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sun_p

i dont know what i would do without it. aaah. super effective for a multitude of uses, lips, highlighter, eye gloss, dry areas, treats irritated skin, colesores, burns, scars, i could go on. i need this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Orbital

I only bought the Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Body Treatment to get a free gift goodie bag but I'm very glad I did. I had previously tried the regular 8 Hour cream which I found a bit greasy and the smell overpowering, but this is a lot better. The smell is lighter, slightly more lemony rather than herbal. It absorbs well, leaving skin feeling very soft and moisturised. Very good for the dry spots on my elbows!

I have found an even better use for it though - taming my dry, over processed hair. I'm 50 and now dye my naturally thick wavy hair. It can become very dry and coarse looking on the ends between trims, and conditioning treatments didn't seem to be having much effect. After using the cream on my body once I happened to run my hands through my hair and immediately noticed how the residue left it looking much better. I now use it regularly on my hair, first rubbing the tiniest amount into the palms of my hands to distribute it evenly, and then lightly smoothing it over the top of my hair, taming frizzies and paying particular attention to the crispy ends. It doesn't leave hair looking greasy and absorbs into the hair shaft well, making it much more manageable, soft and conditioned. I will be buying this product again for a multitude of uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:14:00 AM More reviews by maro79

Wonderfull treament for all type of irritated skin (burned, scraped, dehydrated, etc). I also use it daily as a lipbalm, fabulous stuff, my lips have never felt softer or smoother!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by danielle104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is fabulous for my sensitive skin. Yes, it is 56% petrolatum, so it seems silly to spend so much for a product that is majority Vaseline, but, it's the additional ingredients that sets it apart from other skin creams. Although i don't view it as a cream, it is more like a jelly. It does an outstanding job on my very sensitive skin, fixing the perioral dermatitis, lickety-split.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Duty Free just to use up my coinage, even though usually i just dismiss all reviews and adverts etc for it because i own so many products similar to this one. 8 hr cream is like rosebud salve, vaseline and emulsifying ointment (you get it from the doctors for bad eczma or dry skin) in that it is an effective moisturizer. Though i have all these alternatives i decided to buy this as a treat as it definately looks more attractive in the bottle than all of the above (except rosebud salve which is cute)and has good portability. I personally think it smells terrible (which is odd because i have the clear EA 8 hr cream lip protectant and the pink one and they both smell great)it does sink into the skin better than the 3 alternatives i listed. but that one perk will not persuade me to repurchase. I am currently on roaccutane so this is good to carry around with me, therefore i cant speak for acne fighting properties if it has any, but it is a nice moisturizing and glossy product for terrible chronic peeling lips! if i am feeling extra dry i pop this on my dry patches (you only need a dab) before i go to sleep and it helps my skin to feel less dry and also helps my makeup go on smoother in the morning. Sometimes i also use it in the morning to relieve dryness, i just pat on a litle on the dry bits after i moisturized and wait the usual time which i would wait for my moisturizer to sink in, (20 mins - i have my brekkie lol) and then simply apply my foundation etc as usual, i just use a little more powder on those areas but even though i use a little more powder those areas still look glowy and moisturized and plump and not at all chalky or overpowdered.this works well for me because of my currently very dry skin however it may not work for everybody. So though i enjoy using this product and i dont regret buying it in the least, i wont repurchase because once i am off roaccutane i wont need it and because i have other cheaper and less chemically products that i can use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by ebcampbell

Why did I wait so long to try this? It even contributes to the healing of existing acne. I don't know how or why it works, it just does.
I had some existing acne that would only crust over and then start up again. On a whim I decided to add a small dab of cream to the problem areas. Voila, it's healed them. Too greasy to wear out during the day, so I recommend applying this at night and sleeping it away. It's a truly medicinal healing cream. Go for it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this in the collector's edition packaging. The Eight Hour cream skin protectant is in a 1 oz retro glass jar in a pink box. Too cute for me to pass up. This product has been around a very long time. There are so many ways to use this. It heals cracked lips, dry cuticles, irritated skin, dry skin, etc. Because this contains 56.8% petrolatum you might think it works just like Vaseline. But it contains a blend of lanolin, mineral oil, castor seed oil, vegetable oi, corn oil vitamin e and salicylic acid (BHA); which give a different consistency. This absorbs into the skin, whereas vaseline sits on top. It functions as a skin protectant, skin healer and gentle exfoliant. The product is rusty red in color and has a medicinal smell. Preserved with BHT and propylparaben. Update: This is ok for occasional use but I cannot use it everyday because the smell bothers me after awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lauraoneill

Smooth a thin layer of the creme on after a scrub about 2 hours before you go to sleep (ruins the pillow). Wake up with the skin of a 3 year old, promise. Only lasts a day though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Laura_ann_b

Bought this product because it was on offer and had seen so many rave reviews in magazines about it I wanted to know what the fuss was about but didn't have any real idea what I would use it for. Basically I use it whenever I would normally use Vaseline, but its sooo much better. The consistency of its great cos its so thick it doesn't melt into an oil slick like vaseline. Use it quite often as a lip balm and for that its fantastic. But by far the best use for it is when you get a spot and as it heals it drys out, peals, looks red and then does the same all over again. I pop a blob of this wonder stuff on top of the drying out spot before bed and in the morning...voila! dry spot peels cleanly off with little redness underneath and make-up goes on so much better!! Sure its not that cheap but if you find it on offer or can get a free sample from the EA counter then you can find a million and one uses for it.xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good night cream, but the key is to use just a TINY AMOUNT and warm it between your fingers first until it liquifies (about 5 seconds) and then gently press it (in a very, very light layer) all around the face. It works wonderfully around the eye area as well. It is 56% petrolatum, so it is somewhat similar in slip to petroleum jelly, but it also has other emoillents and salicylic acid in it, which makes is much, much lighter in texture and weight than petroleum jelly, and it liquefies and absorbs much better than petroleum jelly. The petrolatum helps create a moisture barrier on the skin. The salicylic acid in this cream is wonderful, because it acts as an exfoliant which helps reduce fine lines, evens skin texture and controls acne break-outs. But since salicylic acid can be very drying (it's in most acne-control products), the petrolatum base is a wonderful compliment to it to prevent dryness and lock moisture into skin. Again, the key is to use a tiny amount, warm it between fingers until it liquifies (about 5 seconds) and then press a very light amount gently all around the face. Just a very, very light layer. You'll be surprised at how moisturizing it is, and yet how nicely it exfoliates and evens skin texture. I have oily skin, and when I use this as a night cream it does not cause me any break-outs or clogged pores (thanks to the salicylic acid in it, I'm sure). However, it is too shiny and rich to use as a daytime moisturizer unless you have ultra dry skin that will drink it up (otherwise make-up will not apply properly over it). So unless you have super-duper dry skin, just use it as a night cream. I think there is a reason this cream has been on the market for so very long - it's a classic and it works. Oh, and one more thing .... I love the scent! It's medicinal in a slightly fruited medicine way. It's hard to describe, and a unique scent to be sure, but since I like the product, that may have influenced my appreciation of it's scent. Anyway, this cream gets 5 stars from me!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No