Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

on 10/16/2007 12:15:00 AM

I love this stuff! I use it as a cuticle cream, on flaky areas, on cuts or scrapes, and it is the best lip treatment ever! I will always have this classic on hand.

on 9/21/2007 11:22:00 AM

I bought this product after reading a review in a magazine that described it as an essential beauty tool. I was skeptical until I started using it. I use it on my lips as they are very flaky and I have a lot of dry skin on them. I have tried many types of lips balms including Vaseline but this is amazing. Not only are my lips now smooth and soft but I found that they are fuller and plumper. It gives you a lovely pout and works really well as a base for gloss. I found Vaseline too greasy and that lipstick doesn't sit well over it. The Eight Hour cream is also great for smoothing out eyebrows and on rough patches of skin. I love it and have not noticed any unpleasant smell or taste.

on 9/15/2007 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a small tube of this that came free with some other EA products. It is handy to have in my make-up bag and works well as a lip balm or for dry skin (great for my flaky nose in the winter) but as so many others have said, you could get a similar result with Vaseline (or even better, olive oil).

I love the smell but it may not be everyones' taste.
Would not buy again as overpriced for what it is IMO.

on 9/13/2007 3:12:00 AM

Like someone else has already said, an overrated vaseline-like product. Doesn't do anything more than vaseline does. Will not repurchase

on 9/8/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

yes this smells horrible but this is great for those who suffer from excema. this immediately soothes and relieves the dryness and stops the itch. its cheap and can be used for many things. I will definitely keep a tube of this around. the smell does fade and I usually apply this at night or when I'm lounging around the house and nobody will have to smell me. this isn't just vaseline because this worked better than just using vaseline alone. this is also an awesome overnight lip balm!

on 8/23/2007 5:14:00 AM

i bought this in the limited edition vintage jar. i like the fact this its a soft peachy colour. too cute. when i first smelt the product i thought it was DREADFUL. when i put it on my lips the taste was disgusting. however with time i got used to it. but because the vaseline jar is easier to open... sorry elizabeth.. vaseline wins. great for dry heels:)... or aything that needs a little extra care in the moisture department.

on 8/8/2007 2:28:00 PM

This stuff can work magic on a number of things. Lips, cuticles, dry patches, etc. When I first bought a tube I didn't really see what all the hype was about. For a start its expensive, and its similar to vaseline. You cant use it as an ordinary moisturiser as its VERY thick too.

However I must admit, when it was finished, I missed having some around so bought another tube. Iv discovered its much nicer than vaseline, makes a nice lipgloss and keeps eyebrows in place. It does sort dry patches very fast.

In conclusion, its handy stuff and I like to keep some in my makeup bag.

on 8/1/2007 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For a number of years I suffered from terrible dry flaky skin on my forehead between my eyes, which meant it was impossible to ever apply foundation without looking like sandpaper. This product fixed it with one application. I now use it every morning and night mixed with an ordinary pharmacy Ego moisturiser. I realise that when reading the ingredients it does not seem impressive but at the end of the day the results speak for themselves - I will always use this product.

on 7/29/2007 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Over-rated. Vaseline will do the trick. As for use as a moisturizer it is very heavy. I would rather invest in a moisturizer with added benefits and a small jar of Vaseline on the side. The color and fragrance are not appealing. Wouldn't use it as a lip balm as it tastes medicinal...turns of the boys!

on 7/19/2007 3:49:00 AM

I have been using this as a face moisturizer for about 2 months now and I like how rich it is without feeling over heavy. I only need to use a little bit of this and it keeps the flakiness at bay.

I love the smell. Reminds me of the essential oils when I am in a spa.

Given the price, I think I will keep purchasing coz other moisturizers cost more.

Popular Treatments (Face)