Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

on 9/15/2007 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a small tube of this that came free with some other EA products. It is handy to have in my make-up bag and works well as a lip balm or for dry skin (great for my flaky nose in the winter) but as so many others have said, you could get a similar result with Vaseline (or even better, olive oil).

I love the smell but it may not be everyones' taste.
Would not buy again as overpriced for what it is IMO.

on 9/13/2007 3:12:00 AM

Like someone else has already said, an overrated vaseline-like product. Doesn't do anything more than vaseline does. Will not repurchase

on 9/8/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

yes this smells horrible but this is great for those who suffer from excema. this immediately soothes and relieves the dryness and stops the itch. its cheap and can be used for many things. I will definitely keep a tube of this around. the smell does fade and I usually apply this at night or when I'm lounging around the house and nobody will have to smell me. this isn't just vaseline because this worked better than just using vaseline alone. this is also an awesome overnight lip balm!

on 8/23/2007 5:14:00 AM

i bought this in the limited edition vintage jar. i like the fact this its a soft peachy colour. too cute. when i first smelt the product i thought it was DREADFUL. when i put it on my lips the taste was disgusting. however with time i got used to it. but because the vaseline jar is easier to open... sorry elizabeth.. vaseline wins. great for dry heels:)... or aything that needs a little extra care in the moisture department.

on 8/8/2007 2:28:00 PM

This stuff can work magic on a number of things. Lips, cuticles, dry patches, etc. When I first bought a tube I didn't really see what all the hype was about. For a start its expensive, and its similar to vaseline. You cant use it as an ordinary moisturiser as its VERY thick too.

However I must admit, when it was finished, I missed having some around so bought another tube. Iv discovered its much nicer than vaseline, makes a nice lipgloss and keeps eyebrows in place. It does sort dry patches very fast.

In conclusion, its handy stuff and I like to keep some in my makeup bag.

on 8/1/2007 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For a number of years I suffered from terrible dry flaky skin on my forehead between my eyes, which meant it was impossible to ever apply foundation without looking like sandpaper. This product fixed it with one application. I now use it every morning and night mixed with an ordinary pharmacy Ego moisturiser. I realise that when reading the ingredients it does not seem impressive but at the end of the day the results speak for themselves - I will always use this product.

on 7/29/2007 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Over-rated. Vaseline will do the trick. As for use as a moisturizer it is very heavy. I would rather invest in a moisturizer with added benefits and a small jar of Vaseline on the side. The color and fragrance are not appealing. Wouldn't use it as a lip balm as it tastes medicinal...turns of the boys!

on 7/19/2007 3:49:00 AM

I have been using this as a face moisturizer for about 2 months now and I like how rich it is without feeling over heavy. I only need to use a little bit of this and it keeps the flakiness at bay.

I love the smell. Reminds me of the essential oils when I am in a spa.

Given the price, I think I will keep purchasing coz other moisturizers cost more.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this, then again I like anything with the main ingredient vaseline. I like it on ripped cuticles as I find it a bit thicker than vaseline, it is a decent lipbalm as well. However the best thing I have found to use it for is when I am in super cold winter weather in the alps and I use it under my eyelids to keep them from cracking, which neither nivea cream nor plain vaseline could do. I also use it on my nose when and upper lip when I have a cold, the aspirin in it does something to soothe chapped nostrils.

Still it is a little steep for vaseline and aspirin. However, the baby tube lasts me roughly 2 years (the throwaway date in Europe on this listed as three years), so the price is amortized.

on 7/17/2007 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love it. Does just what it says on the box, and I don't mind the (albeit surprising) smell one iota.

Popular Treatments (Face)