October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by RedTrouble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For a number of years I suffered from terrible dry flaky skin on my forehead between my eyes, which meant it was impossible to ever apply foundation without looking like sandpaper. This product fixed it with one application. I now use it every morning and night mixed with an ordinary pharmacy Ego moisturiser. I realise that when reading the ingredients it does not seem impressive but at the end of the day the results speak for themselves - I will always use this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by zasangha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over-rated. Vaseline will do the trick. As for use as a moisturizer it is very heavy. I would rather invest in a moisturizer with added benefits and a small jar of Vaseline on the side. The color and fragrance are not appealing. Wouldn't use it as a lip balm as it tastes medicinal...turns of the boys!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 3:49:00 AM More reviews by patlpt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this as a face moisturizer for about 2 months now and I like how rich it is without feeling over heavy. I only need to use a little bit of this and it keeps the flakiness at bay.

I love the smell. Reminds me of the essential oils when I am in a spa.

Given the price, I think I will keep purchasing coz other moisturizers cost more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this, then again I like anything with the main ingredient vaseline. I like it on ripped cuticles as I find it a bit thicker than vaseline, it is a decent lipbalm as well. However the best thing I have found to use it for is when I am in super cold winter weather in the alps and I use it under my eyelids to keep them from cracking, which neither nivea cream nor plain vaseline could do. I also use it on my nose when and upper lip when I have a cold, the aspirin in it does something to soothe chapped nostrils.

Still it is a little steep for vaseline and aspirin. However, the baby tube lasts me roughly 2 years (the throwaway date in Europe on this listed as three years), so the price is amortized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love it. Does just what it says on the box, and I don't mind the (albeit surprising) smell one iota.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. I use it on all my skin booboos, acne scars, dry/scaly patches, chapped lips. It stinks but it's kind of a medicinal/resiny smell, so it's tolerable. It's expensive but get it online or duty-free so it's reasonable. Brilliant stuff, I buy it repeatedly and the tube lasts ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by miinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I couldn't live without eight hour cream. It literally does everything - soothes chapped lips, dry skin, burns, softens and strengthens nails and cuticles, heals post-acne marks.. it does everything.

I love dabbing it on my lips and cheeks to make them look glowy and vibrant. It also heals the icky post-acne dry spots/scabs beautifully, almost overnight. I also have INCREDIBLY dry, scaly skin on the tops of my ankles that eight-hour cream makes literally dissapear. Great, gentle exfoliate and moisturizer. I'm a makeup artist, so I'm washing my hands constantly and it can dry out my cuticles and nails, but the cream keeps them in great shape and keeps them protected. I only wish it were available in a larger tube!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by rockandredlipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too expensive for a brownish Vaseline. I bought this because of the hype, but I used it once and felt gypped for blowing the money on something that is no better than my $2 Vaseline. I returned this, and while I didn't give it much of a chance, I was very much unimpressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by hoan86

Don't like the smell- major peeve with this product.

Its aparantly a god in the professional makeup world with many uses. But I just cant get into it..

It really does moisturize the lips but so does vaseline, as for scrapes and bruises havent really had the opportunity to use it for such may be good dont know...

Overall just doesnt really suit my needs...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kribil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Paula Begoun says that this is an ordinary emollient moisturizer for dry skin that contains mostly Vaseline (over 55%), lanolin, mineral oil, fragrance, salicylic acid, plant oil, and vitamin E. The teeny amount of salicylic acid here is ineffective as an exfoliate.
But in need of a moisturizer I would choose better one.
The prize for ordinary Vaseline is outrageous.
Only use that I can find for it is lip protection in winter or as a fabulously shiny lip gloss all year round.
Ps! I really love the smell!