Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

3.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzene 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Trideceth-6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (1220-046)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've using this for about two weeks. I am very oily and live in Phx where we are already experiencing 110 degree weather (May). So far this hasn't broken me out and I have very sensitive skin. I apply after toner and it quickly dries to a matte finish. I make sure I rub in my foundation stick over it before it completely dries to a matte finish.

The fact that this product has an SPF of 45 is very impressive and will continue to purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm sorry, but this stuff is just horrible on me. There is nothing "dry" about it. I just put some on this morning and my face was and still IS shiny - gross; like all I need is more shine. It also made my face itch in spots after I applied it. I feel so lovely...not.

on 5/23/2005 8:00:00 AM

Love this stuff; I'm on my ??? bottle. I live in a sunny climate and use it everyday on my face, chest and the backs of my hands. It dries nicely, leaving only a little shine on my face, which powder covers nicely for days I want to be matte. No skin issues, but I do cleanse morning and evening pretty obsessively.

on 5/21/2005 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite sunscreen. It definitely is what it says on the package - ultra-light clean feel, fast-absorbing, light scent. I feel the need to wear a strong enough sunscreen everyday, being in sunny L.A., but was bothered by the coconut scents and sticky feel of most drugstore sunscreens. This one solves the problem!

I also have combo/oily skin, and after a month, I can say that this is safe to use on my face too.

Price is a bit much for a drugstore sunscreen, but it's worth it when it does what it says it's going to do. Definitely a keeper.

I like this sunscreen very much! It`s absorbed quickly and there`s no greasiness after application. I`m very prone to breaking out, and this sunscreen did not give me one zit! I use it year round under my moisturizer and makeup. I`m very young, but i`m taking precautions already as to protect my skin from wrinkles, freckles and cancer in the future! It`s SPF 45, very strong, so i know i`ll be protected! Great stuff! :)

on 5/14/2005 11:38:00 PM

Ouch! My facial skin is not generally too sensitive, but this stuff stings - and not just upon application, but throughout the day. Granted, I am using a retinol treatment and maybe my skin is being more delicate because of it, but this stuff actually caused blotches that lasted a few days and induced peeling/rawness. I tried it twice and I'm calling uncle. If anyone else out there has reacted this way to this product and then gone on to find a good sunscreen or higher-spf foundation that doesn't seem to aggravate break-out prone skin, I'd LOVE to hear from you.

on 5/14/2005 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff and here's why: I live in a very ~dry~ climate & this product doesn't make my face sweat.

on 5/13/2005 11:49:00 PM

This has to be the best sunscreen I have ever used. I have combo skin with an oily T zone, and this lotion actually moisturizes my cheeks and gets rid of the oil on my forehead. I apply this about 2-3 times a day since I am in school and the product still looks good since i am using it in layers. I will really buy this again. I havent tried to put makeup over it but I imagine it will look great, since this leaves my skin feeling so smooth. The only thing I did not like was the price, 10 bucks at CVS, but for what it does why complain. You all will not regret this!!!

on 5/13/2005 1:13:00 PM

So far, this is my holy grail of sunscreens. It does on a daily basis what I need it to do- it doesn't slide off, stays dry, doesn't give off a whitish cast, works well under makeup, doesn't break me out, and even works well as a primer. That being said, I also live in a really cold northern climate, where we don't get much sun to start with, so on a daily basis, this is fabulous. I'm sure people who use this on the beach will disagree. On my holiday, I will admit I am not as anal about sun protection as I ought to be. Used this, along with giant sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat. In the hot Mexico sun, it did allow some rays to penetrate, especially on my nose (where it basically was sweated off)but I didn't burn, nor did I actually tan much, either. So in terms of beach use, it isn't holy grail. But for our Canadian weather, summer through winter, it's the best!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF30, so I thought I'd try the SPF45. For my combo acne-prone skin, this one turned out to be a bad idea. The SPF45 is more viscous and creamy than the SPF30. I found this to be thicker and more oily. I guess those 15 SPF points make a rather big difference in the amount of active ingredients. If you have drier skin or no problem with breakouts, this might be a very good choice for you.