September 18, 2014 | 1388 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm sorry, but this stuff is just horrible on me. There is nothing "dry" about it. I just put some on this morning and my face was and still IS shiny - gross; like all I need is more shine. It also made my face itch in spots after I applied it. I feel so lovely...not.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 8:00:00 AM More reviews by maxameliana

Love this stuff; I'm on my ??? bottle. I live in a sunny climate and use it everyday on my face, chest and the backs of my hands. It dries nicely, leaving only a little shine on my face, which powder covers nicely for days I want to be matte. No skin issues, but I do cleanse morning and evening pretty obsessively.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by tambien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite sunscreen. It definitely is what it says on the package - ultra-light clean feel, fast-absorbing, light scent. I feel the need to wear a strong enough sunscreen everyday, being in sunny L.A., but was bothered by the coconut scents and sticky feel of most drugstore sunscreens. This one solves the problem!

I also have combo/oily skin, and after a month, I can say that this is safe to use on my face too.

Price is a bit much for a drugstore sunscreen, but it's worth it when it does what it says it's going to do. Definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2005 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I like this sunscreen very much! It`s absorbed quickly and there`s no greasiness after application. I`m very prone to breaking out, and this sunscreen did not give me one zit! I use it year round under my moisturizer and makeup. I`m very young, but i`m taking precautions already as to protect my skin from wrinkles, freckles and cancer in the future! It`s SPF 45, very strong, so i know i`ll be protected! Great stuff! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2005 11:38:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

Ouch! My facial skin is not generally too sensitive, but this stuff stings - and not just upon application, but throughout the day. Granted, I am using a retinol treatment and maybe my skin is being more delicate because of it, but this stuff actually caused blotches that lasted a few days and induced peeling/rawness. I tried it twice and I'm calling uncle. If anyone else out there has reacted this way to this product and then gone on to find a good sunscreen or higher-spf foundation that doesn't seem to aggravate break-out prone skin, I'd LOVE to hear from you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by loolee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff and here's why: I live in a very ~dry~ climate & this product doesn't make my face sweat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by senshiminako

This has to be the best sunscreen I have ever used. I have combo skin with an oily T zone, and this lotion actually moisturizes my cheeks and gets rid of the oil on my forehead. I apply this about 2-3 times a day since I am in school and the product still looks good since i am using it in layers. I will really buy this again. I havent tried to put makeup over it but I imagine it will look great, since this leaves my skin feeling so smooth. The only thing I did not like was the price, 10 bucks at CVS, but for what it does why complain. You all will not regret this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by digit

So far, this is my holy grail of sunscreens. It does on a daily basis what I need it to do- it doesn't slide off, stays dry, doesn't give off a whitish cast, works well under makeup, doesn't break me out, and even works well as a primer. That being said, I also live in a really cold northern climate, where we don't get much sun to start with, so on a daily basis, this is fabulous. I'm sure people who use this on the beach will disagree. On my holiday, I will admit I am not as anal about sun protection as I ought to be. Used this, along with giant sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat. In the hot Mexico sun, it did allow some rays to penetrate, especially on my nose (where it basically was sweated off)but I didn't burn, nor did I actually tan much, either. So in terms of beach use, it isn't holy grail. But for our Canadian weather, summer through winter, it's the best!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 2:35:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF30, so I thought I'd try the SPF45. For my combo acne-prone skin, this one turned out to be a bad idea. The SPF45 is more viscous and creamy than the SPF30. I found this to be thicker and more oily. I guess those 15 SPF points make a rather big difference in the amount of active ingredients. If you have drier skin or no problem with breakouts, this might be a very good choice for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2005 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Karlee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is "dry", as the name implies. It went on easily, dried to a matte finish, and didn't interfere with my foundation application. However, it caused me to get little pus pimples all over my face, which went away, thank God, as soon as I stopped using this. *Also, I got quite red while using this, so I question the SPF ability. Granted, I was at the beach in Florida looking for shells, but I thought 45 SPF should be enough. It wasn't. I won't repurchase. *It is possible that the redness I experienced was from irritation, and not sunburn. In any event, I was not happy with this product, but it may work for someone else.