July 30, 2014 | 2176 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by chels12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite brushes. It's very soft and can be used for a number of makeup application techniques. It's perfect for the lid, brow highlight, and even the lower lash line. It's a bit expensive, but it's totally worth it. Nothing can beat a MAC brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

I've had this brush for over 2 years and I don't think it has ever shed a hair. However, this is not a must-have but a nice brush to pack eyeshadow on the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Eluzuriaga

I love this brush.Great brush.Everyone who is into makeup should buy.Great for packing on color and doesn't shed.AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, my HG eyeshadow brush! It is so soft and perfect for packing on color as well as shading. In a pinch, I have used it for a lid brush, a crease brush, blending, and lining my eyes w/ shadow. If I was only allowed to have one eyeshadow brush, this would be it, no question. I have a full sized version and an SE version, and while the SE is nice, the full sized is much softer and applies color much more evenly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use my MAC 239 brush everyday. It's perfect for packing and placing eyeshadow. The bristles are white, soft and slightly fluffy. The 239 is especially good for beginners or for anyone who just starting out with MAC brushes because it's very versatile. It was my first MAC brush. In fact I have 2 now. MAC Brushes seem expensive but really they are an investment and last for many years if you take good care of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by RachelMarieRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great, great product! Definitely the must-have mac eyeshadow brush. It's so soft, doesn't shed, and the hairs are very firm and really pick up shadows well. For people just getting into makeup, it may seem a bit expensive but it's soso worth it. If I could only own one mac brush this would be it!!! Just make sure you spot-clean it after use, so that the white hairs don't stain... if you don't own a brush cleaner, a gentle liquid eye makeup remover will work great instead. Just gently brush the brush on a dry wash cloth until all loose shadow is out, then put a small amount of cleaner/makeup remover on the cloth and brush the brush back and forth on it... cleaning your brushes after every use will keep them from staining! I ordered this brush off the mac site, and was a little shocked that they don't ship their brushes in their own boxes like eyeshadows come in...it was just wrapped in a plastic sleeve, and the cardboard box my order was shipped in was dented, so I'm glad the brush wasn't broken/chipped.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MISHA5150

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been using Sonia Kashuk's eyeshadow brush and didn't like how scratchy it felt on my lid, so during MAC'S 25% off sale, I added this to my cart and now that I have it and used it, I will never use another!! It picks up and deposits eyeshadows beautifully and feels soft against my eyelid. LOVE THIS!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I just got this brush last week. I already had the 217 and wanted something smaller to work with. This brush is awesome. For those of you with little lids, skip the 217 and just get one or two of these. I don't find it that helpful for the crease, but for the lid and for blending...AWESOME! It really is one of the best eyeshadow brushes I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

MAC brushes definitely deposit color a lot better than cheaper brushes I've had. I had yet to experience the power of MAC brushes and decided to cave and buy the seemingly most popular brush. I do love how evenly the color goes on, though it is not as flat as I thought it would be. But it still works great for lining under my lower lasehes , workin' the crease, all over color and more. I am pretty impressed. I'm just beginning to learn what all the hype is over MAC. They really have some quality products and have gained another follower.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jlau22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Brush! Actually got it in the mail only 2 days ago, and was so surprised it completely changed the way I apply my eyeshadow. I have tried numerous other eyeshadow brushes, but this is definitely a favorite over all the others i own. Its the perfect shape and size. The bristles are firm enough to pick up enough pigment, yet soft so that is doesn't tug, or hurt your eyelid. The 239 is my first MAC brush, admittedly pricey, but the quality is worth it!