MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 7/26/2009 12:30:00 AM

My favourite Eyeshadow Brush! I love it so much I have purchased another so I don't have to wash as often .. This brush is excellent quality .. does not Shed .. and remains white after each wash (Using MAC brush cleanser). I use this brush to pack colours on to my eyelids everyday and it does a wonderful job...it picks up the right amount of product and distributes it nicely when you 'pat' it on. The black MAC handle has a nice feel to it .. something cheaper brushes lack.

on 7/25/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this brush, it was my first along with the 224, its dense yet soft enough to pack color on the lid and it does just that, thats all i use it for but hey for what it is its good enough for me. I would recommend this!!!

on 7/25/2009 11:37:00 PM

This brush is a definite must-have. Super soft and dense so it's great for applying e/s. The only thing is that because it's white goat hair, it gets dirty very easily but I always spot clean so it's okay. Highly recommended.

on 7/22/2009 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush! What can I say? I use it every single day!! A must have for every collection

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ok so it was my 17th birthday last week and i promised myself i'd buy some MAC brushes because i only owned cheap brushes that were falling apart.
So i brought the 239 and 217! I've used them a couple of times and i could definatly say this brush is worth the money. Its so soft and i've never known a brush to blend my eyeshdows so well.
If your starting out in Make-up and you wanna take the plunge into MAC brushes i would definatly recommend the 239, its the best basic eyeshadow brush you will find! Brilliant Quality.

i have the 217 brush which was one of my first mac brushes i bought a bunch of mac brushes when i first stepped into mac and the 217 was one of them however i found it harder to work with due to my small eyelid space that i do have and so i talked to my ma and she suggested i purchase the 239 brush and since buying this brush i havent looked back it packs on a great amount of colour and is versatile enough to softly blend the colour onto the lid i use this alot with my paint pots as it packs on a sufficient amount of eyeshadow without it looking cakey and blends neatly

this is a must have brush if u have smaller eye lid space

I love this brush! Like the person below said, it's a very versatile brush: you can apply a wash of color gently, pack on colors, highlight, and sometimes even blend less harsh lines. I use this brush everyday, and I also use the tip of it to create my outer V, sweep the colors inwards, then blend using my 224.
If you're looking for beauty on a budget, I've heard the Loew Cornell 3/8 inch brush by Maxine's Mop is the exact same as the 239.. It can be found in art stores such as Michael's & Hobby Lobby for about $4-$5 :)

on 7/16/2009 2:06:00 AM

This is one of my favorite brushes. It's very soft and can be used for a number of makeup application techniques. It's perfect for the lid, brow highlight, and even the lower lash line. It's a bit expensive, but it's totally worth it. Nothing can beat a MAC brush.

on 7/16/2009 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had this brush for over 2 years and I don't think it has ever shed a hair. However, this is not a must-have but a nice brush to pack eyeshadow on the lid.

on 7/15/2009 5:23:00 PM

I love this brush.Great brush.Everyone who is into makeup should buy.Great for packing on color and doesn't shed.AWESOME!

Video Reviews & Tutorials