September 20, 2014 | 1852 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by AddictedToShopping

i have the 217 brush which was one of my first mac brushes i bought a bunch of mac brushes when i first stepped into mac and the 217 was one of them however i found it harder to work with due to my small eyelid space that i do have and so i talked to my ma and she suggested i purchase the 239 brush and since buying this brush i havent looked back it packs on a great amount of colour and is versatile enough to softly blend the colour onto the lid i use this alot with my paint pots as it packs on a sufficient amount of eyeshadow without it looking cakey and blends neatly

this is a must have brush if u have smaller eye lid space

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by i_heart_ck_ls_of_nb

I love this brush! Like the person below said, it's a very versatile brush: you can apply a wash of color gently, pack on colors, highlight, and sometimes even blend less harsh lines. I use this brush everyday, and I also use the tip of it to create my outer V, sweep the colors inwards, then blend using my 224.
If you're looking for beauty on a budget, I've heard the Loew Cornell 3/8 inch brush by Maxine's Mop is the exact same as the 239.. It can be found in art stores such as Michael's & Hobby Lobby for about $4-$5 :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by chels12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite brushes. It's very soft and can be used for a number of makeup application techniques. It's perfect for the lid, brow highlight, and even the lower lash line. It's a bit expensive, but it's totally worth it. Nothing can beat a MAC brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

I've had this brush for over 2 years and I don't think it has ever shed a hair. However, this is not a must-have but a nice brush to pack eyeshadow on the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Eluzuriaga

I love this brush.Great brush.Everyone who is into makeup should buy.Great for packing on color and doesn't shed.AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, my HG eyeshadow brush! It is so soft and perfect for packing on color as well as shading. In a pinch, I have used it for a lid brush, a crease brush, blending, and lining my eyes w/ shadow. If I was only allowed to have one eyeshadow brush, this would be it, no question. I have a full sized version and an SE version, and while the SE is nice, the full sized is much softer and applies color much more evenly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use my MAC 239 brush everyday. It's perfect for packing and placing eyeshadow. The bristles are white, soft and slightly fluffy. The 239 is especially good for beginners or for anyone who just starting out with MAC brushes because it's very versatile. It was my first MAC brush. In fact I have 2 now. MAC Brushes seem expensive but really they are an investment and last for many years if you take good care of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by RachelMarieRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great, great product! Definitely the must-have mac eyeshadow brush. It's so soft, doesn't shed, and the hairs are very firm and really pick up shadows well. For people just getting into makeup, it may seem a bit expensive but it's soso worth it. If I could only own one mac brush this would be it!!! Just make sure you spot-clean it after use, so that the white hairs don't stain... if you don't own a brush cleaner, a gentle liquid eye makeup remover will work great instead. Just gently brush the brush on a dry wash cloth until all loose shadow is out, then put a small amount of cleaner/makeup remover on the cloth and brush the brush back and forth on it... cleaning your brushes after every use will keep them from staining! I ordered this brush off the mac site, and was a little shocked that they don't ship their brushes in their own boxes like eyeshadows come in...it was just wrapped in a plastic sleeve, and the cardboard box my order was shipped in was dented, so I'm glad the brush wasn't broken/chipped.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MISHA5150

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been using Sonia Kashuk's eyeshadow brush and didn't like how scratchy it felt on my lid, so during MAC'S 25% off sale, I added this to my cart and now that I have it and used it, I will never use another!! It picks up and deposits eyeshadows beautifully and feels soft against my eyelid. LOVE THIS!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I just got this brush last week. I already had the 217 and wanted something smaller to work with. This brush is awesome. For those of you with little lids, skip the 217 and just get one or two of these. I don't find it that helpful for the crease, but for the lid and for blending...AWESOME! It really is one of the best eyeshadow brushes I've used.