August 29, 2014 | 1726 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by glamxangel

If youre around NC42 like me, I suggest you try Creme Cup. This shade does not go well with my Asian skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by deelovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently bought this product and I am very pleased. It is a very pretty pink without any shimmer, but it does have a nice shine. It doesn't dry my lips like some other frosts such as Thrills do. It is great for an everyday lipstick and I've found that it is almost universally attractive on people. This is great for those who tend to shy away from blue-pinks because of the intensity. This is a color you can just throw on at any occasion or time of the day and it will work great. I really reccomend this for those looking for a good, wearable pink lipstick.

P.S. A little side note: When I went in the store to get this and my presale from In the Groove I had to wait an hour for them to find my products and then as we were driving away, a couple minutes later we realized the lady hadn't even given us Angel! She gave us On Hold and we had to drive all the way back so I could finally get this lipstick, haha.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: The reviewer that was below this review yesterday deleted her review...! But I'll still post my thoughts! (:

I received Angel in new condition from a swap, wanting to know what all the hype was about. Let me just say I'm glad I got it in a swap or else I would be super disappointed and even mad.

My lips are naturally a soft pink color but my skin is around (at most, all year round) an NC40, Asian (Korean, etc.). I think it's important to note that because this lipstick just does not look good on me. I've tried lining my lips beforehand (which I rarely do anyways), put a cute gloss on top of it but I truly feel that it makes my face look grossly washed out. Although I am an NC40 with yellow undertones, I am pale and this lipstick makes me look sickly pale.

Nevertheless it is a gorgous lip color and I wish I could pull it off! To this day I'm still searching for a pretty pink lippie that I could pull off with my skintone! Surprisingly, to me none of the MAC lipsticks (regardless of the finish/formula) have ever dried out my lips! Just put on a good moisturizing lip balm and primer prior to use!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

I agree with the reviewer below me. I'm asian (korean for reference) and I thought this lippie looked too "plain" on me. On me, it's something that's very duplicable and not even worth buying for full retail price. I didn't like this nor creme cup although they are very popular products from MAC. I do think this will look gorgeous on a fair skinned blonde woman..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by steffanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this is a very popular color, but I'm not so fond of it. I don't think it suits my asian complexion, but I think it would be a wonderful color for maybe caucasian complexion :) other than that, I'm not so fond of the frost finish either. I'll still wear it when my eye looks call for a barbie pink lipstick though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Angel, - the infamous Mac lipstick that Kim Kardashian wears a lot! For a Frost lipstick, this absolutely isn't frosty (no metallic ugliness,yey!). It is a creamy nude pink shade that I think will work for a variety of skin tones. It gives just the perfect amount of pinkness on the lips; - nothing too bright or pastel. It is such a safe and easy color so if you are one of those people who are afraid of wearing bold colors on your lips, then this lipstick is definitely for you. It's a nice go-to color for that neutral, soft, everyday look. It definitely lives up to its hype!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC calls this a soft pink. In the tube it looks like a light fleshed pink lipstick with neutral undertones but in reality is a rather cool toned pink. On my lips it was indeed a light pink that was quite pretty under the sun but looked a little too pale indoors. It can be used as a pinky nude as it gives a soft pink colour to lips although under some indoor lighting, its mauve and lilac undertones become more obvious. Also although it's a frost, I didn't see much shimmer. Also, it can be a bit drying and I recommend wearing lip gloss over it. Creme Cup is similar to Angel but a little lighter toned and is a bit more moisturising as it's a Cremesheen. Also, Angel is a bit more sheer as compared to Creme Cup. Probably won't buy Angel again as it's a bit too pale and too drying for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I guess I bought this lippy for the sole reason that Kim Kardashian wears it! It does look nice on my NC30 skintone, but I find myself not grabbing it as much as I would like. Sometimes it can look too pink nude on my, but this is great with a smokey eye! Since it is summer, I dont do much smokey eye looks so this lippy doesnt get used.. but the texture of it is great & the staying power is long lasting! I think this would look great on tannner looking skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mrBirthe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Think Angel is a great lipstick! I would recomend it for fair- fair medium skintones. It is very sheer, and very ligth. not nude, but ligth. But all in all, a grat lipstick. :)
Please check out my youtube channel: Mrbirthe

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by livelafflovee53

I was so dissapointed when I got this lipstick in the mail from MAC, not only because I didn't like the color and looks completely different in pictures and online than it does in person, but the first time I opened it, the lipstick broke, but that doesn't change the fact that the lipstick is wayyy darker in person than it is online and it even looks lighter in the tube, when I put it on I knew it would hate it. It reminds me of maybellines pink please, which makes me look like a clown. If only it were a bit pinker I would like it, but sadly I was dissapointed.