July 31, 2014 | 1102 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

RIS as a sample from a lovely lady here and fell in love with this (curses!!! it's so damn expensive, but no matter!)! I am super-oily, but I love this because the older I get, I can no longer take a totally matte foundation. This stuff is very watery and thin, and even just blended with fingers, left me looking pretty close to flawless (I always wear a primer underneath); and I usually apply by stippling then blending with my MAC kabuki.
I already have a foundation that I currently am *this close* to giving HG status to (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra), but I am getting myself a full bottle of this anyway, that's how impressed with it I was. ♥

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by sh3lby70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In a word - disappointing! This left my skin very shiny, oily and no staying power! I now use the Mat Lumiere (see review) and would class it as my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Buttercat36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It makes my skin look flawless and feel incredibly smooth. I can't say too many good things about it. Love it, love it, love it and will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

This is a very good foundation but unfortunately not for me. It's lightweight and gives a very natural looking sheer coverage. I think that's the only thing I liked about it. On me it had no staying power. It was gone by mid noon leaving me with a shiny blotchy looking skin. Broke me out too :(
It's on the pricey side but if it suits you I would say it's definitely worth investing in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

this looks really good going on, makes me look very healthy. but it didnt last on my combo skin. I tried this as I tend to like moisturizing/dewy finish formulas, but this was a bit too heavy for me, I think anyone with drier skin than mine or mature will love it though. If this works for you..lucky you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Vitalumiere is one of those foundations which any cosmetics lover should be able to say she/he has tried.If, like many of us,one is on a budget, I highly recommend asking for a sample. It is a very thin, easily blended liquid,with a sheer finish. I use a foundation brush ,and Vitalumiere becomes just like my skin.I find it as sheer as my LM TM. In summertime, I wear .5,though in winter that is a bit too dark. I find the finish to be dewy,though not what I would call luminous. Perhaps it would be more so on someone with more oil. It is quite beautiful, and I feel it is one of those foundations which is equally office-appropriate and date-worthy.Cream blush goes over it beautifully, unlike with some foundations. The pump dispenses just enough - at Chanel's prices, one doesn't want any waste! I will likely repurchase,though I am always still looking for that HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cavvie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the buildable coverage and it doesn't make me breakout. Has a nice luminosity. Downside, doesn't have great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by voodoodoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far I'm loving this product used with Laura Mercier translucent pressed powder. Gives a lovely sheer finish, for people who have relatively good skin. Would not be enough coverage for someone who wants to 'cover' things, rather than blur a few imperfections. Feels great on. I may try Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser next though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Lucy014

Oh God, I have never been so in love! This is THE best foundation ever, it feels and looks like nothing else you can buy. If it cost £100 I would still buy it. I bought Teint Innocence a few months ago and I thought it was so good there couldn't possibly be a better one out there, but Chanel have outdone themselves. It is so beautiful, and someone else said it makes them look like a china doll. I totally agree! My only problem with this is that I have very pale skin and I can't wear very much of even the lightest shade, as it is still slightly too dark, but if you use the amount the pump dispenses and blend it properly it just makes your skin flawless and blends to your skintone, but the only problem with that is if I need extra coverage then I will have to buy concealer, which I don't really like to use 'cause it usually cakes on me. But usually my skin is okay as I take good care of it, and this foundation makes it look absolutely perfect and doll like, and I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Advantages:makes skin look dewey and fresh(at first),goes on smoothly,looks and feels natural even in the sunlight,doesn`t emphasise my dry patches(I have combination skin),bottle is very convinient
Disadvantages:coverage is not enough when you have a bad skin day(actually coverage is minimal),pricey,colour oxidises and turns darker,might break you out,only lasts one-two hours and then turns in an oily mess.
I can see why it would work for drier skin types who don't need much coverage but since I have combination acne-prone skin this looks on me greasy after a couple of hours and melts off.Won't repurchase