Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 3/24/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My HG foundation!!
This is absolutely fantastic, the best foundation I've tried for my very dry skin. I was using MAC studio sculpt but it wasn't working for me & emphasised dry patches on my skin. The Vitalumiere is more runny than i'm used to, but makes my skin look fresh & glowy. It sinks into my skin & evens out the tone, also covering redness around my nose & dark circles ( I find I don't need concealer ). It moisturises and covers well on my dry patches (nose and forehead). I have had comments since I've started using it that my skin looks nice & what foundation do I use, so that can't be bad!
A bit pricey at 28.00, but I think it's worth it as I'd say it's skin perfection in a bottle!
xo.

on 3/18/2009 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have tried three Chanel foundations now, and the only one I would go back to is the liquid TI. This stuff looked great when the man at the Chanel counter applied it, but he used a few other products on me as well. When I apply this, it looks great for about an hour. Then it starts to oxidize on me, and I end up with a yellowy, too dark foundation. Not cute! It also makes my t-zone an oil slick, which no amount of powdering fixes - it just reverts back to an oily mess. This was an expensive mistake on my quest for an HG foundation, tossed aside for the new Dior Nude foundation. The packaging is very nice, however, I don't think I'll be returning to Chanel foundations. There is better stuff out there that costs much less.

on 3/11/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My HG foundation! I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and have never been able to find a foundation that would give me medium coverage with out breaking me out or clogging my pores.Then I found this and it does the job! It's moisturizing, I found my perfect shade (medium sand) and it does not clog my pores, it also does a great job at covering mild acne blemishes and spots. Overall I would definitley reccomend!

on 3/8/2009 5:21:00 AM

Love this! The formula works really great with my skin, it looks so natural! Covers everything that needs to be covered, my skin looks fantastic. I had been using a MAC foundation, but after getting tired of it not helping my skin, I switched. Great choice.

My only problem is that the color is a bit too dark for me. I bought the lightest shade they had, a 15 and it is a bit too tan for me, but someway, it works well. My MAC foundation matched better my skin.

on 2/19/2009 8:56:00 PM

I think Chanel generally does great foundations, along with their lipsticks and nail polish (minus the chipping). They are expensive but always done up in sleek and elegant packaging. Picking a foundation is always a headache and I've tried only 4 so far - I generally have good skin and only wear foundations on nights out or when I feel ugly LOL. Laura Mercier's was a headache to blend and felt like a mask. MAC's Studio Fix Liquid felt a little too oily and heavy for my liking.

Vitalumiere is a moisturising foundation that provides medium-full coverage and provides a nice glow on my skin. The texture is on the watery side but I believe this makes it a dream when blending with a foundation brush. In London, this foundation is just about perfect for a special night out! However, it is far too moisturising for me now that I've moved back to a tropical climate and have put it up for swap :( Oily skin girls should beware as well as those who live in a more humid climate. Also, the fragrance contained in this foundation is very strong and I can always smell it throughout the night! My nose is quite resilient to scents and perfumes but if you have a sensitive sense of smell, I suggest you try it on for a couple of hours first.

One last thing, 20 Clair is getting a little too dark for me and it is already the lightest colour available in London. I believe they have 5 and 10 on the Asian markets but will have to confirm this when I'm at a Chanel counter.

on 2/16/2009 10:57:00 PM

Used this for a few years, then switched to Chanel Pro Lumiere. Love the adjustable coverage and flawless look it gives my face. Semi-matte, with just enough luminosity and SPF 15, doesn't settle into the lines ... Thank the Good Lord! I'm medium fair (more fair than medium) and use #20 CLAIR/Cameo, Intensity 1.0.

on 2/16/2009 9:50:00 PM

First of all, the pump packaging is wonderful! It's so hygienic...and that's a big deal to me. The coverage is beautiful! Makes me look like I'm glowing (not shiny) from within. This product does need a finishing powder to set it. I use Laura Mercier's loose mineral finishing powder or Chanel's Poudre Douce pressed powder in Peche Tendre. This is a highly moisturizing product that I probably wouldn't recommend for oily skin. I have extremely dry skin and it works great.
*I have a photo in my profile with this foundation on*

on 2/5/2009 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked it when the man at the Chanel counter applied it on my face...but thats most likey due to the fact that he cleansed, toned, moisturized, and primed my face with the entire Chanel skincare line before he applied it. When I applied it on my own, I had a terrible time. It was very watery and separated on my face. I couldn't get it to blend whatsoever. It just sat on top of my skin. Love the pump. Love the idea of the product. Loved how it looked when the ma applied it. Hate the price. Hate the way it looks when I apply it :(

on 1/13/2009 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using it ever since it was launched and i am so pleased with it. The packaging is very hygienic, it is so easy to apply, i love how fresh, luminous and rested my skin looks and i really love that my skin looks so natural, although it gives nice coverage. It lasts all day and it is removed easily and completely. The only con: it does transfer from my neck/face to my clothes, but i am so dissapointed with the overall quality of the non-transfer foundations, that i pretent that this factor is of minor importance.

on 1/9/2009 4:55:00 AM

I'm fair skinned asian.... but still have yellow undertones.
20 was perfect for my NC20-25 skin! I must say, i'm impressed. If you are someone like me who can never wear liquid foundation because you see all the creases on ur skin, then you must try this foundation! It's quite the opposite. It feels like cream. Perfect for dry winter skin. Stay away if you have oily skin! Like most ppl, it might be a bit shiny, because it gives tht dewey look. I set it off with some loose powder! flawless!!