October 20, 2014 | 864 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 4:55:00 AM More reviews by anpanman

I'm fair skinned asian.... but still have yellow undertones.
20 was perfect for my NC20-25 skin! I must say, i'm impressed. If you are someone like me who can never wear liquid foundation because you see all the creases on ur skin, then you must try this foundation! It's quite the opposite. It feels like cream. Perfect for dry winter skin. Stay away if you have oily skin! Like most ppl, it might be a bit shiny, because it gives tht dewey look. I set it off with some loose powder! flawless!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by onefineday01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I had this in a test packet, so I'm not sure what the regular packaging is so I gave it a middle of the road 3 on packaging. This was horrible on me. I had it in shade Cameo and it was way too dark, turned orange immediately, and the smell was completely overwhelming. It wiped completely off with a tissue (except for the smell, that had to be washed off.) Not sure if Cameo is the lightest shade, it's just what the SA gave me to try. Definitely would not purchase, and am very happy it was just a test packet!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by PinkPrincess81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this makeup on a quest to replace my much dearly beloved Lancome Ultra Confort, and nothing is a match as yet. This is a lovely foundation, and I do really like it. It is lightweight, gives you a dewy glow and applies like silk on my skin. The only thing letting it down for me is the colour choice, I am a very yellow toned NC35, and the closest match for my skin is Medium Sand, which is ok, but just not right, and I like an exact match for my skin tone. Anything that is not yellow enough and has any hint of pink makes me look ill and my skin blah. This would be the perfect makeup for me if not for the pink tones, as the formula is gorgeous on my skin, very natural, lightweight and glowy, without shimmer. So my quest goes on, but I would recommend this to people with drier skin, who like sheerish makeup with a glow, but oily skinned gals, be wary, it would make you an oil slick like no other I would say. EDIT: I have changed my rating from 3 to 5! I found a better colour choice, CLAIR, which is nice and tellow toned, a little pale, so I mix some with my Armani Fluid Sheer in #1, which is nice yellow illuminator and it makes it the perfect shade for me, NC30, yellow toned without any nasty pink/orange/grey/red tones. HG foundation now :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

RIS as a sample from a lovely lady here and fell in love with this (curses!!! it's so damn expensive, but no matter!)! I am super-oily, but I love this because the older I get, I can no longer take a totally matte foundation. This stuff is very watery and thin, and even just blended with fingers, left me looking pretty close to flawless (I always wear a primer underneath); and I usually apply by stippling then blending with my MAC kabuki.
I already have a foundation that I currently am *this close* to giving HG status to (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra), but I am getting myself a full bottle of this anyway, that's how impressed with it I was. ♥

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by sh3lby70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In a word - disappointing! This left my skin very shiny, oily and no staying power! I now use the Mat Lumiere (see review) and would class it as my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Buttercat36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It makes my skin look flawless and feel incredibly smooth. I can't say too many good things about it. Love it, love it, love it and will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

This is a very good foundation but unfortunately not for me. It's lightweight and gives a very natural looking sheer coverage. I think that's the only thing I liked about it. On me it had no staying power. It was gone by mid noon leaving me with a shiny blotchy looking skin. Broke me out too :(
It's on the pricey side but if it suits you I would say it's definitely worth investing in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

this looks really good going on, makes me look very healthy. but it didnt last on my combo skin. I tried this as I tend to like moisturizing/dewy finish formulas, but this was a bit too heavy for me, I think anyone with drier skin than mine or mature will love it though. If this works for you..lucky you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Vitalumiere is one of those foundations which any cosmetics lover should be able to say she/he has tried.If, like many of us,one is on a budget, I highly recommend asking for a sample. It is a very thin, easily blended liquid,with a sheer finish. I use a foundation brush ,and Vitalumiere becomes just like my skin.I find it as sheer as my LM TM. In summertime, I wear .5,though in winter that is a bit too dark. I find the finish to be dewy,though not what I would call luminous. Perhaps it would be more so on someone with more oil. It is quite beautiful, and I feel it is one of those foundations which is equally office-appropriate and date-worthy.Cream blush goes over it beautifully, unlike with some foundations. The pump dispenses just enough - at Chanel's prices, one doesn't want any waste! I will likely repurchase,though I am always still looking for that HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cavvie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the buildable coverage and it doesn't make me breakout. Has a nice luminosity. Downside, doesn't have great staying power.