December 22, 2014 | 1882 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by swtkisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use one or two pumps of foam, so this has lasted me about almost a year. It works great as a general makeup remover, but doesn't do much as a cleanser for my complexion. I still break out, and my T-zone reverts to its greasy state within several hours. I'm looking into Aveeno's ultra-calming cleanser next.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by coloryouclingto

I like this product, but I don't love it and have decided not to re-buy after I use it up. I love how tight it leaves my skin feeling after I use it (I know, not a common thing to *like*, but it makes me feel like my face is ultra-fresh and clean), and the smell isn't offensive, also the foam is really fun (and very abundant!). What I don't like about it though is that it does nothing to really keep my skin from being greasy. By lunch time my skin is greasy as always so I can't see how it is doing anything to help my complexion.

UPDATE: once you use about half the bottle, it becomes a HUGE PAIN TO PUMP ANY MORE OUT. what a waste.

ro for pic of one pump of it and the bottle.

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blondie7icecold

This worked great for me for about 2 weeks, and then my face was oily and started breaking out again. I think it dried out my skin so much that it eventually started overproducing oil. Oh well. I really wanted it to work for me, but alas it did not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_catastrophe521

I loved the lathering quality of this cleanser and it leaves my face super soft afterwards. Unfortunately i don't think it's helped me acne at all... it's not TOO drying but as it is the middle of the winter i do tone and moisturize afterwards.. overall it's just okay (doesn't get wp eye makeup off unfortunately) the best quality is the softness of my face afterwards

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by susie312

This is just okay it didn't really help my skin too much, but it didn't make is worse either. it just keeps your skin the way it is. nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by skincarereview

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another shoddy product by Aveeno, I'm beginning to wonder if the Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser is the only half decent product they offer. I went out and decided to pick this one up because I like the Ultra Calming, and it also promises to give "clear, even looking skin" with it's main ingredients being Salicylic Acid 2% and Soy (the whole skin evening aspect).

Now I have very oily skin (so oily I can literally just stick an oil-asborbing sheet on my forehead and it can just stick there LOL) so I figured this cleanser would be great at wiping off the oil, dirt, sunscreen and m/u from my day as well as treat any acne. While it did cleanse my skin (I did about 4 pumps just for my face) it did nothing for my acne and it actually over dried my skin and caused some irritation. Overdrying is A VERY RARE notion for me...again my skin is so oily nothing can dry it out but this one came close. I actually started breaking out a bit by the 3rd week or so my skin was getting stripped.

Also the packaging of the product blows. The pump dispenser DOES get stuck very often when pushed down, and it always pumps out very uneven amounts of foam.

The Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming cleanser gets a well deserved 2 out 5 stars! Save your money, pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by gracious5

Works really well at removing my makeup, especially eye makeup. Can be a bit drying but I just use a moisturizer afterwards. The pump can stick a little but overall, a great product. Haven't noticed any abnormal breakouts either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser for keeping mild acne at bay. If your skin is really temperamental you'll probably need more than just this one product. I am in my 30's and my acne has calmed down but I still need a salicylic acid cleanser. This one fits the bill, it's inexpensive, mild and doesn't take much product to do the job. The pump isn't the best but I will continue to repurchase. EDIT: changed to 3 stars, this has sal. acid but I've come across other cleansers that work to prevent/clear up acne so much better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my HG cleanser. easily removes makeup and all. this really works for my skin -- if i momentarily stop using it and break out, using this cleanser seems to counteract it. at first it didn't work as well, but i think you just need to keep using it and your skin well become accustomed to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by afrochick39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I may be allergic to salicylic acid, because this cleanser broke me out horribly with little tight bumps around the jaw/chin area (& Iím on Accutane). I also had issues getting the pump to work (kept getting stuck inthe downward position)...I'm trying Cetaphil cleanser today *fingers crossed*.