Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

it didn't do much.

on 3/30/2008 10:47:00 PM

I thought this product would work alot better. My skin isn't very sensitive at all. This product left my skin really dry, and after using it for a few weeks, i had pimples where i usually don't get them like my cheeks and such. This product did absolutely nothing for my skin, and may had even made it worse than it already was.

on 3/30/2008 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use one or two pumps of foam, so this has lasted me about almost a year. It works great as a general makeup remover, but doesn't do much as a cleanser for my complexion. I still break out, and my T-zone reverts to its greasy state within several hours. I'm looking into Aveeno's ultra-calming cleanser next.

I like this product, but I don't love it and have decided not to re-buy after I use it up. I love how tight it leaves my skin feeling after I use it (I know, not a common thing to *like*, but it makes me feel like my face is ultra-fresh and clean), and the smell isn't offensive, also the foam is really fun (and very abundant!). What I don't like about it though is that it does nothing to really keep my skin from being greasy. By lunch time my skin is greasy as always so I can't see how it is doing anything to help my complexion.

UPDATE: once you use about half the bottle, it becomes a HUGE PAIN TO PUMP ANY MORE OUT. what a waste.

ro for pic of one pump of it and the bottle.

continued >>

This worked great for me for about 2 weeks, and then my face was oily and started breaking out again. I think it dried out my skin so much that it eventually started overproducing oil. Oh well. I really wanted it to work for me, but alas it did not.

I loved the lathering quality of this cleanser and it leaves my face super soft afterwards. Unfortunately i don't think it's helped me acne at all... it's not TOO drying but as it is the middle of the winter i do tone and moisturize afterwards.. overall it's just okay (doesn't get wp eye makeup off unfortunately) the best quality is the softness of my face afterwards

on 1/22/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is just okay it didn't really help my skin too much, but it didn't make is worse either. it just keeps your skin the way it is. nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Another shoddy product by Aveeno, I'm beginning to wonder if the Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser is the only half decent product they offer. I went out and decided to pick this one up because I like the Ultra Calming, and it also promises to give "clear, even looking skin" with it's main ingredients being Salicylic Acid 2% and Soy (the whole skin evening aspect).

Now I have very oily skin (so oily I can literally just stick an oil-asborbing sheet on my forehead and it can just stick there LOL) so I figured this cleanser would be great at wiping off the oil, dirt, sunscreen and m/u from my day as well as treat any acne. While it did cleanse my skin (I did about 4 pumps just for my face) it did nothing for my acne and it actually over dried my skin and caused some irritation. Overdrying is A VERY RARE notion for me...again my skin is so oily nothing can dry it out but this one came close. I actually started breaking out a bit by the 3rd week or so my skin was getting stripped.

Also the packaging of the product blows. The pump dispenser DOES get stuck very often when pushed down, and it always pumps out very uneven amounts of foam.

The Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming cleanser gets a well deserved 2 out 5 stars! Save your money, pass on this one.

on 1/19/2008 9:07:00 PM

Works really well at removing my makeup, especially eye makeup. Can be a bit drying but I just use a moisturizer afterwards. The pump can stick a little but overall, a great product. Haven't noticed any abnormal breakouts either.

on 12/7/2007 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great cleanser for keeping mild acne at bay. If your skin is really temperamental you'll probably need more than just this one product. I am in my 30's and my acne has calmed down but I still need a salicylic acid cleanser. This one fits the bill, it's inexpensive, mild and doesn't take much product to do the job. The pump isn't the best but I will continue to repurchase. EDIT: changed to 3 stars, this has sal. acid but I've come across other cleansers that work to prevent/clear up acne so much better