September 21, 2014 | 2040 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by skincarereview

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another shoddy product by Aveeno, I'm beginning to wonder if the Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser is the only half decent product they offer. I went out and decided to pick this one up because I like the Ultra Calming, and it also promises to give "clear, even looking skin" with it's main ingredients being Salicylic Acid 2% and Soy (the whole skin evening aspect).

Now I have very oily skin (so oily I can literally just stick an oil-asborbing sheet on my forehead and it can just stick there LOL) so I figured this cleanser would be great at wiping off the oil, dirt, sunscreen and m/u from my day as well as treat any acne. While it did cleanse my skin (I did about 4 pumps just for my face) it did nothing for my acne and it actually over dried my skin and caused some irritation. Overdrying is A VERY RARE notion for me...again my skin is so oily nothing can dry it out but this one came close. I actually started breaking out a bit by the 3rd week or so my skin was getting stripped.

Also the packaging of the product blows. The pump dispenser DOES get stuck very often when pushed down, and it always pumps out very uneven amounts of foam.

The Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming cleanser gets a well deserved 2 out 5 stars! Save your money, pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by gracious5

Works really well at removing my makeup, especially eye makeup. Can be a bit drying but I just use a moisturizer afterwards. The pump can stick a little but overall, a great product. Haven't noticed any abnormal breakouts either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser for keeping mild acne at bay. If your skin is really temperamental you'll probably need more than just this one product. I am in my 30's and my acne has calmed down but I still need a salicylic acid cleanser. This one fits the bill, it's inexpensive, mild and doesn't take much product to do the job. The pump isn't the best but I will continue to repurchase. EDIT: changed to 3 stars, this has sal. acid but I've come across other cleansers that work to prevent/clear up acne so much better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my HG cleanser. easily removes makeup and all. this really works for my skin -- if i momentarily stop using it and break out, using this cleanser seems to counteract it. at first it didn't work as well, but i think you just need to keep using it and your skin well become accustomed to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by afrochick39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I may be allergic to salicylic acid, because this cleanser broke me out horribly with little tight bumps around the jaw/chin area (& Iím on Accutane). I also had issues getting the pump to work (kept getting stuck inthe downward position)...I'm trying Cetaphil cleanser today *fingers crossed*.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jaimebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this stuff! the scent is very fresh and wakes me up when i'm feeling tired! it keeps my face mostly clear of acne too, and that's what i mainly look for in a cleanser. Aveeno is definately a good choice!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2007 3:14:00 AM More reviews by akennedy54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately not impressed by this product. I found it did not fare well as a cleanser, and it certainly did not help to clear skin or keep acne at bay. This cleanser requires one to first remove all makeup to begin cleansing (personally I feel it should be the job of a cleanser to do the cleaning, but hey, what do I know?) & follow up with the Aveeno moisturizer, which was too oily -- (but that is another review altogether). Overall, not sufficient as an acne treatment, and should specify on the label "for those who do not wear makeup". Sorry Aveeno.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by afaceofsmile

My skin has improved greatly since I switched to the Aveeno Skin Clearing line. I'm not sure how well this cleanser would clear up acne on its own, but used in conjunction with the correcting treatment and moisturizer, it really works. After a week of using these products my skin is much more clear and even looking. I have combination skin so this cleanser can be a little drying, but as long as I use the moisturizer, my skins stays nice and smooth.
UPDATE: If you, like me, have had a problem with this cleanser overdying, they now have a cream version that's a lot better. I bought and used it last night and used it again in the shower this morning and my skin's already a lot smoother. I'm so glad because the flakiness was starting to get worse on account of the weather being cooler and dryer, but my skin is clearer and more even than it's been in ages so I didn't want to switch cleansers, but it looks like the cream cleanser is a winner.
UPDATE #2: I've been breaking out a lot in the week that I've been using the cream cleanser so I think it may be clogging my pores. Aveeno may not be my HG after all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Marjolaine

I like this cleanser only because it is fairy gentle. It did nothing for my acne, though. I'm disappointed.
The Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser's bottle head stopped working correctly. It does not spring back up after being pushed down to release the foam. So it is also very hard to use for me now.
This product got two stars instead of one, simply because it could cleanse and wasn't too harsh on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I think this is a pretty good cleanser. I like to try out other cleansers a lot, but I tend to come back to this one as my stand by. It made a slight difference in evening out my skintone and I think I have less breakouts with it. It makes my skin feel soft and moisturized, and is a lot gentler than other anti acne cleansers. I don't think it's anything amazing though; but it certainly didn't do anything bad to my skin.