September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by schouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a light to medium buildable coverage foundation. it feels light as air & has a great finish, whether i'm using a foundation or stipling brush, or even my hands! i build the foundation around my acne scars, but it still feels pretty light. the one complaint i guess i have is that it only builds to a medium coverage, so not so great for nights out, but then again, this is a foundation with SPF, so not good for pictures anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by kayleighbeme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AMAZING! I bought this in Flax, and it is the smoothest foundation ever :) the only thing is, there is NO packaging, so people test the actual product for sale at the store. I bought it at Target, and ALL of the foundations in every color were broken into. grrrr :/

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Goliath1357

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchase this foundation in 305 Alabaster. I have extremely pale skin with pink undertones and this color matched me perfectly. It is creamy and has light coverage that can be built up. I have oily/combo skin so I use a powder on top and it lasts for a good amount of time but not all day. I use my fingers to apply it and the ELF Studio Powder Brush to blend it. Since the coverage is sheer I still have to use concealer for my under eye circles. I also would't recommend wearing this if you are going to be outside for a long period of time because it wouldn't last very long. Overall, I really like this product and I would use it more so in cooler weather.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by bridget12xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a big Taylor Swift fan, I just had to have this!! I'm one of those people that buys into the advertising and packaging just as much as the actual product! So I picked this up in "Flax" I believe. It was a bit too dark for my skintone, but nothing a little blending couldn't fix. When I applied it for the first time, I liked the finish, it reminded me of a tinted moisturizer. Later that night, when I took the foundation off, I noticed a ton of tiny, red, zit-like bumps all over my face!! I knew they weren't zits because they burned/itched. It was an allergic reaction!! I think it may have been the fragrance in the product, but I still don't know for sure! If you have sensitive skin, this is not for you. I returned this the next day.
    Pros:
    -nice finish
    Cons:
    -fragrance
    -can cause allergic reactions
    -not for sensitive skin
    -expensive for drugstore

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by manda310

I now am a natureluxe girl! :) First product I purchased was the natureluxe foundation while I was on the hunt for a new drugstore foundation (use to use mineral powders like bareminerals, purminerals, then loreal bare naturale) I wanted more coverage and a less drying foundation for my combination skin (oily t-zone, dry everywhere else) not to mention a drugstore price as I am a nursing student & could no longer afford bareminerals (& wasnt THAT happy with it anyway). I was trying alot of foundations at the same time & actually wasnt a fan of the natureluxe bc I got shiny easily :/ eww....but then I realized how much I love the feel & how easily it applied/blended, & the BEAUTIFUL finish! (None of the rest had such a naturally glowing flawless finish! they all looked so fake to me just some held up better) So then I tried setting it with a loose powder & found my HG foundation! (coty-airspun loose powder to set & maybelline dream matte for touchups on hot days) I then tried the gloss balms & l love them but you really have to look before you purchase because some have a shimmery/creamy look, while others hair actual pieces of glitter, and a few are just a nice matte color without the sheen or glitter. They also all have different levels of color payoff....I swatched marble and there is no color payoff so that is the only one I wouldnt consider,,,,but I have Tulip (a lighter pink shade- pick this as oppose to marble!!! thistle is also nice but has a light pink/purle sheen....tulip has a bit of a sheen but not as much as thistle), sandstone, hibiscus, and pinot & love them all!! I really Love that all the products have spf and make me feel "naturally" beautiful...yes I have makeup on but I dont feel like it or look like I have alot of makeup on my face...I even started wearing less eyeliner and enjoy the natural look now :) with occassional fun pops of color on my lips from the gloss balms ;) but even darker colors are just a nice tint so its the perfect amount without looking over done. I wear both the foundation and a gloss balm everyday even when going out at night (Pinot or hibiscus gloss balm!) & could not wait for covergirl to expand....so I was recently at the store & got really excited when I saw that they came out with a natureluxe mascara! again you have to get use to it but now I found my HG mascara as well!! Make sure to wipe off excess...but again like the foundation, the application was amazing!! I have very sensitive eyes so I have to use hypoallergenic mascara (which it is) but normally my eyes water alot anyway....with this it feels so light on my lashes & doesnt weigh them down or feel heavy....no smudges and washes off easily when I wash my face...its no the most dramatic mascara but its the best for me because I get length and volume and actually seems to curl my lashes....but this is the best for not clumping IF you apply it right!!! like I said wipe off excess & then I start at the base of lashes and wiggle the brush to seperate my lashes and then pull through to ends....I know I wrote a book but I am just so happy to have found a whole line of drugstore products with spf (very important to me!) that I absoulutely love!!!! (Even though they are pricey for a drugstore brand still very affordable and last-alittle goes a long way!) Just give them a try & try again if you have to because you might miss a gem if you dont try them out and figure out how to best apply! Like I said I am a natureluxe girl now & really hope they continue to expand this beautiful new line! As long as any new products they come out with are as good as the ones on shelves now I will be switching all my products for natureluxe alternatives!!! :)

***Edit- forgot to mention how nice it is to not need concealer anymore!! the foundation is buildable and I just dab under eyes/problem areas and its more natural coverage then a concealer (dark circles dont stand out as being covered!) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by isarme123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much! I was looking for a very light foundation for the Summer and i found this one! Yay! Its so light that its more of a tinted moisturizer texture but still gives some coverage. So its perfect for the Spring/Summer.
    There's 14 shades to choose from and they range from: Alabaster (305)-Brazil-nut(370)
    According to the cover-girl website, Taylor Swift (The spokes-girl for the Nature-Luxe Collection) Is 305. Just for comparison. If you're not sure which shade is right for you, the cover-girl website will "color-match" you and i think it did a pretty good job :)!
    But overall i love this foundation:

PROS:
    -Light and airy, perfect for summer
    -Light Coverage, enough to look put together :)
    -Smooth Texture
    -Easy To Apply/Blend
    -Smells fresh :) kind of like cucumber :D!
    -Very Cute Packaging

CONS:
    -Doesn't last too long, about 6-7 hours definitely not like the Revlon Color Stay. But again its for summer days where you just need something light :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by lgreene62

I hope everyone gets to read this review on the natureluxe foundation as this is hands down the best foundation I have ever tried. May i say, I have tried everything from nars sheer glow, mac satin finish to rimmel lasting finish and this tops ALL! It lasts fairly long about 6 hours without a primer but with a primer it last for about 10 hours for me without touch ups. I have SEVERE acne scarring and I breakout daily and this covers everything and looks youthful and glowy on the skin. It glides on smoothly and it looks like you are wearing a tinted moisturiser but in actual fact it gives me the best coverage I have ever seen! And i was reading the reviews saying it has no coverage....this puzzled me! No foundation has every looked this good on my skin while covering virtually every flaw on my face but still letting my natural skin shine through. I suppose this foundation is one of those ones that cover differently for everyone. It works amazing on me and I think that you should try it to see if it works for you. I have tried the so called "top" foundations like Revlon Colorstay and Laura Mercier Silk Creme and they both dont sit well on my skin and make me look very dull and washed out. Colorstay is quite heavy and being a teenager I hate that heavy feeling. I am from Australia so i had to get it imported here to try but I cannot wait til it actaully comes out in Australia so i can stock up. I bought it for 16$ AUD (including shipping) which is cheaper then what covergirl foundation is in australia (usually $22). Go out and try it yourself and see if you love it as much as I do!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by bingo8093

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I paid something like $12 for this little tiny bottle of something that I consider tinted moisturizer...from Covergirl...so I shouldn't be paying that much. Secondly, it is singlehandedly THE biggest waste I have ever spent money on. Way too sheer, strange smell, unreasonably priced...this is going straight back to Target.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For some reason i bought this without reading reviews. Superstore had a 2 $ off coupon and this was on sale. My fav foundations are colorstay and LM silk cream which is why silk foundation in the name appealed to me i think. Yet this does not stay on as well as color stay, and does not give me the finish or coverage of LM that i love. It is very sheer, which i hate but alot of people love so just making sure i say that. It also works great for dry skin. It dosnt really dry which made my face feel gross and sticky all day because i have combination skin and it didnt make my dry spots noticable which i liked. One thing that i expirenced with this that i never have with a foundation was it burnt any sore areas on my face. (zits, corners of nose ect.) and i would have never expected that because of the whole soothing cucumber aspect of it which they added in.

I still use this foundation when my face gets really dry, but i dont like this and will not buy again.

This is:
    Sheer coverage
    Dry to normal skin
    Great texture
    Not for people who have any peeling spots or zits
    Does not stay on long
    Dosnt dry completly

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jancam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Believe it or not it was my 8 year-old Taylor Swift-obsessed niece who insisted that I buy this makeup! I was visiting for the weekend and had forgotten my makeup case so a hurried trip to the drugstore was called for.

I bought NatureLuxe in the shade Aspen. I didn't really think it would work since I've never in my life bought foundation at a drugstore, or for that matter any place where I couldn't try it on first.

Let me say that I am VERY impressed. The consistency is more like a tinted foundation, yet I still feel that I get a decent amount of coverage. The product goes on smoothly and feels very silky and the color, Aspen, blends in perfectly with my skin tone so much so that I hardly look like I'm wearing anything. It even lasted--mostly intact--through a gym workout!

I forget what I paid, maybe $10? I'd definitely buy this again.