April 17, 2014 | 1914 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by KB0113

I definitely thought it was going to feel lighter...it feels a little heavy sometimes...and I could NOT find a color that fit me perfectly (but i never have with cover girl...) Its a pretty good product though. I like the way it feels... kind of moisturizing. And its got great coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by KimzWimz

The COVERGIRL new NatureLuxe collection: NatureLuxe liquid silk foundation in shade 350 Oak and NatureLuxe gloss balm in shade 230 coral. Because of my skins sensitivity I was concerned about trying the foundation, not to mention finding a suitable shade for my skin tone has always been a task of chance. I applied a thin layer to my face and was impressed at how much coverage I received from just a tiny amount. It didnít leave my face feeling oily or like I caked on foundation and the added SPF 10 sunscreen made me feel more comfortable in the sun. The gloss balm went on with a smooth glide without my lips feeling sticky or waxy. I loved the way my lips remained moisturized after drinking, however I wasnít very impressed with the shade. I will be on the lookout for other shades that may better suit my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by candyshock134

I purchased this product for $10 in the shade 310 (Flax) at my local Target. I have acne-prone fair skin and have been using the trublend whipped foundation for the past 2 years. It was recently discontinued so I've been on the hunt for a inexpensive replacement.
    Granted I haven't used it all, I feel the packaging is a little small but so convenient and simple. I put a penny sized amount on the back of my hand and use the e.l.f. foundation brush and have never used a better foundation. It feels so refreshing going on my face and gave me really nice coverage. I was a little nervous because many people compare it to a tinted moisturizer and I prefer a little more coverage than that. This product more than delivered. It really does feel like a tinted moisturizer but provides full coverage.
    The SPF 10 is obviously a wonderful bonus and actually ends up creating a lovely smell for the product.
    I set this foundation with a mattifying powder and it stayed on all day without any sort of caking or fading. The foundation itself isn't super oily or super matte which is something that I really appreciate in a versatile foundation!

Highly highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by crobyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
    .Offers more coverage than I originally thought.
    . Feels very light on the skin.
    . Skin has a radiance to it.
    . It wore off evenly.

Cons:
    .Cucumber smell to me is more like chemicals trying to smell like cucumber and it's very strong.
    . NOT GOOD for oily skin. My skin was glistening in about 2 hours.
    . Very pricey for a drugstore foundation

If I had dry or normal skin I would have liked this product a lot more. It was nice enough but.. my oily skin just made me look like a greaseball!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by catisland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. Who'd a thunk? I'd sworn off Cover Girl this past year or two since their products took a definite dive southwards, but Walgreens had a deal on this stuff, and the reviews were decent. What a find! It's amazingly light -- so light you think there won't be any coverage at all -- but it covers as well as any medium-coverage foundation out there. It covers, mattifies, and disappears all at the same time. Wow! I do use a very light touch of powder over my T-zone anyway, but I can go all day, in the sun, and not have to touch up. My skin looks natural and real and like my actual skin but better. Not spackled or obviously made up, but the flaws are covered nonetheless. I chose Aspen and it's as if it had been made for my skin tone. Perfect match. I'm light-to-medium with golden undertones these days (moved to Cali, and I get a lot more sun than I used to). Can't say enough good things about this. Don't let CG's use of Taylor Swift as their spokesmodel fool you -- this works very well for all ages.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this as a weekend foundation with medium sheer coverage and as one I could just apply quickly with my fingers.
    I'm lighter than an NW15, and Alabaster was a good shade for me. It offers light coverage, but requires setting powder because it feels sort of gross on the skin. Like it never quite dries and stays sort of damp and oily looking. Also, it transfers like crazy, so don't even think about blowing your nose because you'll have no product left there.
    The finish after application is alright, but there is zero lasting power with this foundation. Even for an easy day at home, this doesn't stand up on my combination skin.
    It does the job (albeit mediocrely) for now, but I will not repurchase.
    The "natural" claims, as you may expect, are BS. This did not have any bearing on my rating of the product because I realized that there was very little "natural" about this product when I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by umbreons

My biggest skincare issue is flaky patches all over my face that just never seem to go away. As a result, finding a foundation that works for me is next to impossible: everything exaggerates the dryness of my skin, and I end up taking the makeup off right then and there.

CoverGirl's NatureLuxe foundation is the only makeup I've ever used that doesn't do this. It's an absolute breeze to use; a pea-sized glob on my fingertips applied straight onto my skin. It blends so easily and matches so well I don't even need a mirror half the time. I am in LOVE with this stuff.

I love that I can use just this and not need to use powder after. It does a great job of covering my red cheeks and evening out my skin, and it doesn't oxidize, run or rub off. Yeah, basically CoverGirl hit the nail on the head with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by BeccaDynn420

I adore the coverage of this foundation. I generally use M.A.C. or Laura Mercier foundations, but this one is a new staple of mine. I love that I can use this everyday, with no breakout problems. It lasts me a good 6 hours or so, before I start to shine through. The texture, and tube form are also really easy to work with! Overall, a really great inexpensive foundation for everyday use. I did receive this as part of a Buzzagent kit, so I have tons of coupons :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink241

I have been using Makeup Forever HD foundation that runs about 46$ per bottle. I wanted to find something that was a comparable product for a lot cheaper (The days i dont feel like wearing expensive makeup). I have extremely fair skin... I am probably an NW 5 or less in MAC if it existed... I am a 110 in MUFE HD foundation. CG ivory is still to dark for me. I have pinky/blue undertones.. basically invisible skin haha

The issue I have always had with drugstore foundation is that they never come in a light enough colour for me. Even Cover Girl the lightest colour is TOO DARK TOO ORANGE.

I bought NatureLuxe in the lightest colour (Alabaster). It is a perfect match. In the bottle it doesnt look light enough, maybe even ashy.. but once it is blended in I LOVE ITTTT

I found this to be comparable to the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation (55$ upwards). NatureLuxe covers every pore, and adds moisture which does not emphasize fine lines.

While I am only 21 years old, i do have fine lines on my forehead from a sunburn i got a couple years back. The skin there is very dry. This foundation works MAGIC!!!

The smell is a cucumber smell... not my favorite, it didnt need to be scented, but i figure if it sells well enough they will eventually come out with a sensitive skin version.

Really impressed :) and it definitely compares to my 50$ foundations.. and most of the time, i choose it over those :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

I have not used liquid foundation for YEARS - and I have tried ALL from Clinique liquids depended on Almost Powder (03 Light MF) and used Bare Minerals (medium) - LOVE LOVE THIS! It actually camouflaged my melasma. - which has been a big problem for me the past few years (I'm 39). I matched to color - Aspen - I use Clinique Dramatically different moisturizer or Clean & Clear pore minimizer - to combat oily patches I use Clean & Clear benzyl peroxide in T-Zone- WOW who would have known Cover girl! *LOL* I really like the new lip sheers of this brand as well.