October 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WHAT A GORGEOUS FOUNDATION!
I adore this product. I feel it light and refreshing on my skin like I wear no foundation.
It blends easily, in the most fantastic way. The finish is very natural and my face seems flawless. The coverage is medium and the result is semi -matte. I hate matte-finish foundations because they make skin look dry and unhealthy. After using this one, my face is not shiny, it is radiant! My face doesn't get greasy or sticky. It also hydrates my skin in a nice way, while providing a dewy result.
I like the packaging. It's simple, elegant and easy to use.
Last but not least the result remains perfect for many hours.
This is definately the best foundation I've ever used (and I've used a lot).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mayascara

NOT FOR OILY SKIN.
I purchased this foundation after hearing rave reviews regarding how this is a "perfect layer of second skin" and how it actually gives coverage. In terms of "second skin," maybe I missed something but this doesn't look as natural as people say, I could still see foundation on my face. Coverage wise it's OK... When you first blend it in. I don't know if I'm not using the right moisturizer or what, but every time I've worn this foundation (in the summer or now in the fall), it becomes splotchy on me a few hours in. Granted, I have combination oily skin... But for such an expensive foundation I would've expected more. I should not have caved in and purchased something so pricey without getting a sample, and will not recommend this to oily skinned gals.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried Vitalumiere Aqua numerous times, both from a sample container and the product bottle itself (I thought it might make a difference if I bought it since it tends to separate in the bottle, but it's the same). I ended up returning it because it just didn't do it for me. It was drying and I was disappointed with the oil control and lasting power.

I have dehydrated oily skin and I find that this product is a bit drying. Especially if I have some particularly dehydrated areas, I experience stinging. I think it's because there is so much alcohol in it, which also makes it dry rather quickly.

This is great for a natural look, but I find that it's only useful for those types of looks if you only use a little bit. This does provide some coverage, but if you use enough to get coverage, you're not really going to get a natural look. If you don't mind appearing made-up, then this might work because even with layering, this doesn't get as cakey as other foundations. However, I did notice that it emphasized dry patches, so make sure you exfoliate.

Vitalumiere Aqua has a runny consistency and blends in well, though you will have to work fast. As others have mentioned, you have to shake the bottle quite a bit before usage. You get a beautiful demi-matte finish, though be careful about those dry patches.

I find that the oil control is minimal and that the lasting power is not great, with or without powder. I saw no oxidation.

A skip for me. I might try it again in the summer when my skin isn't as parched.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone out there looking for their HG foundation look no further this stuff is paradise to your skin. Prior to this I was using MACs studio fix which broke my skin out and overall ruined my skin texture. Iíve been using this for over 6 months so I feel like Iíve had a lot of time to try out this product using many different techniques. Itís very versatile out of the fact itís a very lightweight foundation but donít get turned off by that because it can work up to a great med-high coverage. I more so spot apply it with my fingers if I need more specific areas to be higher coverage if not I just using a kabuki brush and buff it on for a really natural flawless look. A few months back I had horrible cyst acne and my skin just went insane thanks to Aveenoís sunscreen (never had luck w/ any of their skin line) There were a few other products as well but I donít want to go on about them since the shine should be on Chanelís amazing foundation! However I just wanted to say that I needed high coverage at one point or another and this is really buildable and covered up everything and I donít use any concealer! And for anyone else with uneven skin tone and rosacea this helps even all red blotchiness out.
Iíd like to point out a few other prosÖ You never worry about any problems with caking as long as you have a good skincare and are exfoliating you wonít get any buildup. My skin has gotten so much better using this because it can breathe! It looks too good to be true! Iíve never had a problem with the staying power it truly lasts all day from the second I put it on till I take it off its still there! Last pointer would be to remember you must shake it really well so you donít get a really watery consistency.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Initially I thought this was the best foundation I ever used. Several months and two containers later, I am not so sure. It goes on easily but you have to really shake the container because the product separates - a lot. It looks nice when you initially put it on, but it seems to oxidize to a darker shade on me. It also settles into fine lines (I have very minor ones) - even when I use primer. It also gives a dewy to almost greasy look to the skin. I found it to be heavy on the skin and seemed to increase my hormonal break-outs.I will not be purchasing a third container.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by beautifulsah

As with everything Chanel this product is pricey but worth it. You get what you pay for. I use Beige Pastel (B10) and it looks so natural on me! Its build-able so coverage can be sheer to medium. Downside is I need to set it with powder. A little of this can go a long way. It makes you look polished yet young and dewy. I'm now thinking of buying the cream form of this..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Tsintsadzetea

This foundation is amazing! coverage is light, but at the same time very build able. It's perfect for natural looking skin.I use it with Le blanc de Chanel (sheer illuminating base) and as a result my skin looks radiant and polished.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to continue using this product, but its alcohol and fragrance content unfortunately broke out my sensitive skin. The coverage is medium, but very build able. The light texture sits on top of the skin flawlessly and is perfect for those "natural makeup" days. The staying power is not excellent, but like most other foundations. I would recommend this product to anyone who has moderately clear skin and enjoy natural finishes when it comes to foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale for some boots and of course the Chanel counter was right in the way! I wonder why the lady at told me this was brand new? I am so out of touch after buying the house and shopping at Home Depot instead of Nordstroms.... so anyway. Light, yet provides coverage. Does not stick in pores nor "fine lines and wrinkles". It is very easy to apply with a brush. Cha, cha cha, I love it.

Please note that I am a natural redhead wearing fall colors in the fall and she put me in a 32 Beige Rose, as she said I had pink tones or neutral. There is no hideous "neck line". Love it. How do I get this picture of this girl off this review?

Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 32 Beige Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Laetitia1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, I've been using it for two years and the finish is so natural. It was my wedding day choice too and lasted and photographed well.

Apply with your finger not brush.

Shake VERY VERY well

A bottle lasts about 3-4 months with daily application.

It doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation it's so lightweight and it blends quickly and well - no tide marks or patches.

Do not apply too much though it does look cakey, less is more - if you have a big spot you need to cover use a little concealer rather than layering this foundation.

Sun Protection is really good too - no burnt nose moments.