November 27, 2014 | 1472 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Kismet429

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This thing is a miracle in a bottle--just a beautiful, nearly invisible, semi-matte finish. Coverage is somewhat sheer, but goes on flawlessly and blends easily into my skin. I use a Real Techniques angled foundation brush, and it works great. Packaging is practical and durable.

Yep, it's pricy, but when you want to look professional for work or dress up for an event, it's worth it.

EDIT: just wanted to add that in addition to a good moisturizer--Dior Hydra-Life for me--I wear this over Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a primer. May help with smooth application and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ggpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this foundation a week ago. I absolutely love it. Best foundations I have ever bought. I have bought or tried all! It gives me a very natural look but with fair coverage. Makes my face more radiant and beautiful. This foundation has a little bit of coverage. If you have alot to cover. I would recommend to use a good concealer on the areas Youll still have a nice natural look. I only apply a pea size and it covers my whole face. This foundatoon has a nice fragrance to it. Surprisingly my face has no bad reaction to the fragrance, i have very sensitive skin. It also keeps my face oil control all day . I love it but since its expensive for 1oz. ill only apply on the weekends so it can last me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

EDIT 8/26/13: Everything I wrote before still stands, although I've tried this out as a "special occasion" makeup a few times since then, and I wanted to add that this seems to oxidize to the most incredible dark pink color in the world. It's fine if I'm only wearing it out to a dinner or something, but if I wear it all day, or if I get even a little bit hot, sweaty or oily, this gets so dark and so pink it's comical. I give up, and I'm sorry but I have to downgrade to one lippy, because there are just so many great foundations out there that don't include alcohol or fragrance, or cost $45, or turn into a clown color.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 12/6/12 I have VERY mixed feelings about this foundation. It has an extremely high alcohol content, which makes for a quick dry down but at the cost of a high risk of irritation, free radical damage, and breakdown of collagen. I really do not understand why cosmetics companies continue to load products with alcohol and fragrance, it's one of life's mysteries, for sure. And speaking of fragranced, VA is certainly that, so for these reasons alone I would strongly caution those with sensitive, rosacea, or acne skin to think carefully about whether this product is really worth it's $45 price tag. It's also worth mentioning that the broad spectrum sun protection is not mineral only (titanium dioxide and/or zinc), it is a blend of titanium dioxide with octinoxate, a synthetic active that some people are sensitive to.

Now, that said, the application, finish and feel of VA is quite lovely. Light to medium, satin-finish that feels skin-like to the touch and works well for my oily/combination skin. Really, it looks fantastic. I have the color BR12 and it's one of the best color matches I've ever found for me. I wish I could wear it every day, but alas, it does irritate my sensitive skin and I will probably have to return it. I tried it several times to be sure that my reactions were not just a fluke, but on days that I wore VA I had distinct tiny red dot-like welts around my eyes. On days off where I didn't wear the VA my skin calmed down (I treated the irritation with Paula's Choice Redness Relief, for the record).

I'm torn about this because it really does look and feel ridiculously wonderful on me, but my skin can't really handle this kind of abuse on a regular basis. I might keep it for special occasions when I'm going out and only wearing it for a few hours and want to look perfect. Don't bother trying to get full coverage from VA, you won't. I have nearly perfect skin now, thanks to Paula's Choice products which have, over the course of the last year, helped me finally overcome my lifelong frustrations with acne, blackheads, redness and the constant irritation I experienced from trying out so many products while desperately seeking help. So I don't really want full coverage because I like for my nice skin to show but just look a bit evened-out.

I think Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation gives a very similar finish and feel, but with no alcohol or fragrance. It also contains some beneficial antioxidants and other goodies, and costs $7 less than VA, so if you have sensitive skin I would definitely consider it as an alternative to VA that will give you a pretty much identical coverage, look, finish, and feel.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first high end foundation purchase. Sounded perfect on paper, and while I am still on the fence as to whether I would repurchase, I do have a few thoughts. I have BR10, which may be a smidge light for me, but it matches my neck which is nice. I have been using this for approximately 9 months and it is just now getting low. Initially I squirted a bunch out and dabbed it all over my face. I have tried the Sigma 180, the beauty blender sponge and my fingers. Trial and error taught me that a pea size amount, dabbed all over my face amd rubbed in with fingers gives the best coverage. This does stick to dry patches, so be sure to exfoliate well and use a good moisturizer!!! I've found that dry skin benefits from a serum of sme sort under your moisturizer when using this foundation. I also use a little trick of pressing my hands over my face after application. I don't know why it helps, but the little cakiness Issue I occasionally have is alleviated completely when I do this. It takes a few minutes for Vitalumiere Aqua to "settle" on my face and weirdly enough, it looks amazing about 10 hours later! Again, my akin is very dry so it takes that long to become "dewey" on me. I'm 46, my skin isn't perfect, but this DOES make it look good. Now, ironically enough, Garnier's BB cream as well as Clinque's Moisture Surge look just as good (and some days better). I love going to a Chanel boutique to actually buy something and enjoy the feeling of wearing something luxurious. If I am completely honest with myself however, I think there are better products available for much less money!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i was not sold on this foundation when i first purchased it, which sucked. i dunno if it was the brush i was using, the moisturiser i was using, or the weather, but i found this hopelessly dry and patchy on me at first. i basically wanted to cry, because this is the first super duper high end foundation that i've ever bought and i really thought i'd researched it enough to be confident with the purchase.

BUT THEN.

i decided to try it again several weeks later with a (real techniques) stippling brush and lawd hammercy, i have never felt anything so beautiful on my skin in my entire life. i mean, there have been foundations which have felt nice on my skin and whatever, but my skin has never felt as touchable and natural and soft as it does wearing this. the finish is perfect for me in every way - it's not a dewy finish and doesn't leave the skin at all tacky, but it's not matte either. i guess it's a kind of satin finish. the best finish i've ever found in fact. there is no skin and then foundation - it just looks like your face. it's hard to say that about many other products.

i wear the lightest shade (b10) and find it the tiniest bit too dark, but that seems to be a recurring theme with chanel foundations. i'm still able to work with it well enough though (i'm nc15-20). for the consistency of the foundation when you squirt it out, it's amazing that it provides any coverage at all. actually, it's really strange - it provides light coverage but enough coverage all at the same time, and my skin is not perfect whatsoever. scars aren't covered, under eye circles are still there to be concealed, but this product is somehow able to even out skintone in a really natural looking way. for people who dislike full coverage foundations but still want the perfect amount of (day-time) coverage, i don't think you can go too far wrong with this. it can also be built up to medium coverage without caking.

the wear time on this is fine for me, but i can get some shine at 8-10 hours. as far as packaging goes, i really couldn't care less about what it looks like, or that it isn't "luxurious" enough - it's practical and does the job (and is great for travelling). i don't have a problem with the smell either, i find it pretty nice (if you can tolerate bourjois foundations, this will be fine). as others have mentioned, shaking the bottle prior to application is essential. overall, i still dunno what happened during my first experience with VA, but everything since has been lovely and i would highly recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The alcohol content in this foundation does not work with my dry skin. I will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after hearing terrific reviews from a number of people. For the price, I would not repurchase. The shade I have is a perfect match for me, B20. However, I do have oily/combination skin and I feel like this foundation fades very, very quickly on my skin and I need to blot very often to prevent this from happening. Also, after blotting my skin, I still feel like mid-day it causes my blush/bronzer to appear very streaky because of the fading. I do use a finishing powder after applying this but I don't think it helps that much. It gives my skin a beautiful glow upon application and I think this foundation would be terrific for drier skin types. Also, for the price, the packaging is kind of cheap and the bottle gets very messy at the top after a lot of uses. I do not think this foundation is worth the price at all, even if you do have drier skin. The scent of the foundation is not my favorite. It gives light to medium coverage but I feel like the coverage does not last on my skin at all. I think the color range they have is nice, but it does oxidize a little throughout the day. I will not be repurchasing. At this point, I'm just trying to finish what I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by monicarimer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation!It`s light/medium coverage, it`s very natural and it matches my skin tone perfectley.It`s easy to aply (with your fingers) and you only need a tiny bit.It is a little drying,but if you wear a good moisturizer it`s going to be perfect!It stays on for 8-9 hours on me and I don`t even feel that I`m wearing foundation.
I love the sent and the packaging(very travel friendly).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by celinedjohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Background on my skin : I have acne prone, sensitive, oily-normal skin. It is often dehydrated in the winter and oilier in the summer.

I used this starting March of 2012 and I think I am close to finishing a bottle. I use it everyday and it has been my staple and go-to foundation. I have tried Naked skin, chanel perefection lumiere, chanel vitalumiere creme.
Initially, this product product me out a little, but I wasn't sure whether it was because of LA's weather (and traveling) or this was the cause. i think it's the former cause it doesn't break me out afteer a few times of using it.
I like that it is lightweight and water based. It achieves a dewy finish for me if I don't stay out in the sun for too long. However if your skin type is like mine, avoid this foundation if you are going to be under the hot humid sun all day, it will look oily.
It photographs better than the chanel perfection lumiere.
This doesnt clog my pores and it is buildable to medium coverage. I have acne scars to cover so this alone won't do it. I conceal my hyperpigmentations with cle de peau's concealer, which is THE BEST.
downside to this, not a huge color range and possibly the price, but that both didn't bother me. HG HG HG

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kelliea31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have quite dry skin but an extremely oily t-zone and this foundation works great for me. As it is water based I don't get the same flaky, patchy bits that I do with other foundations (studio fix). It also doesn't make me very oily, although i do have to powder every 3-4 hours I'd say, although I have used worse foundations. A thin layer of this foundation is great for everyday, and if you have a few blemishes, you can certainly build up the coverage in certain areas using this foundation.

Price is quite steep....but it is Chanel at the end of the day. Packaging could be more luxurious but i actually quite like it because its very portable and light. Overall i would repurchase!