October 21, 2014 | 2057 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Miracle

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Lancome counter I went to was completely out of Ultra (and waiting on the new shipment of 24h) so wouldn't give out samples, obviously, but suggested I try Teint Miracle instead. With my skin type I wasn't completely convinced, but there have been some great reviews here, so I figured it might be worth a shot. Lancome foundations come with such a stellar reputation, right? So why not.

The original application of 2C had me doing backflips with joy until it oxidized to orangey-pink. I've never seen a foundation oxidize so quickly. One moment the color was perfect and the next it had gone a bit scary. I tried other colors, but they were either too pink (which is a new one for me, NOTHING is too pink...) or too yellow. I got a few different colors as samples and eventually mixed them up, which gave me a color that actually worked pretty well even after oxidization - though still a bit on the orange side, so I was prepared to play around with the concentration of each color to get the perfect match, if in fact the foundation worked out to my satisfaction in other areas.

The original finish is dewy verging on shiny/glittery and if you look closely there is quite a lot of shimmer. Something I didn't really know until putting it on. So of course, any skin imperfections are going to be emphasized because of this. That is definitely something to keep in mind if you have oily skin or larger pores. On me personally it looks as though someone dabbed oil on my face. My pores look HUGE and are very obvious.

Coverage was OK - I have some fairly reddish and acne-prone areas and it covered them up reasonably well. They weren't invisible, but I don't mind that, since I find that a foundation that really covers up all those areas ends up looking too mask-y anyway. I sort of enjoyed the original finish until it settled into the skin 10 minutes later, and some two hours later there is simply no way this foundation is going to last.

Being fair to the product, I didn't prime or set it with powder, wanting to see how it performed strictly on its own... I don't think I'll continue to pursue it, though, based on the color issues and the fact that this obviously does not work on oily skin.

A disappointment, but not a huge surprise, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

An amazing foundation!! Gives my skin a perfect satin/dewy finish. I love this foundation because the finish looks absolutely flawless! Not long-wearing, but I would still repurchase.
There are a ton of shades to choose from, but it was really difficult for me to find the right shade because the shades aren't arranged from lightest to darkest or categorized in warm/cool/neutral tones on the website.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Emim05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish I could love this. I got a beautiful mini bottle at younkers as a sample. It is my perfect shade, made my skin silky but something happened around 5 pm my jaw line would get itchy and by the end of the night i had huge pimples. By the end of day 3 i had 7 huge zits. This is whether I used primer or not.

Now i had read a review that said girls just weren't washing their face good enough...but i wash my face every night, moisturize, and use vitamin e oil and had a beautiful complection. I gave my skin a rest from the makeup today and my skin didn't itch and my acne is subsiding.

BITTOM LINE: Get a sample before you spend $35 on an entire bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by NHarbison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this from Sephora yesterday and so far I love it, although I think I need a darker shade (I got Buff 5C and seems a tad too pale on me). It feels light on the skin but gives a nice, luminous finish. I use my dual finish powder foundation over it (also by Lancome). Oh, and I love the pump bottle. It's a little pricey but typical for department store foundations, but it's worth it to me, to have a foundation I'm actually happy with!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Memoriesin

This is probably the best foundation I've used so far. Before getting this foundation, I've always been using drugstore foundations and even Dr.G BB cream, however all those break my skin out overtime and makes my skin look really really greasy and not natural. I always have to pat on layers of powder to make my skin look matt right after I put on the drugstore foundations.

Therefore, I decided to try out lancome's teint miracle after watching 1 of michelle phan's video (because I have a 50 bucks voucher to metro).
AND WOW, I am amazed by the foundation, it appears light when i 1st apply it onto my skin with my fingers, but it blends in really quickly and my skin is covered perfectly. I would say the coverage is light to medium which is enough for me as I want my skin to breath and I will just cover up those blemishes which are still showing through with a concealer.

I am not quite sure whether the long lasting-ness of the foundation is good enough, but because of my oily skin, I don't think it would stay on so well on my nose and forehead.
I suggest putting on a primer around that area or just add some loose powder on areas which your skin will get really oily.
Even though my skin is really oily, after I put on the foundation, it does not give me a greasy dirty look. It gave me a semi matt yet really clean look. I LOVE IT!! OMG LOL.

So girls, you should really try this foundation is it is in your budget. I mean try to pamper yourself once in awhile and buy something highend that is good for your skin too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A fantastic foundation, it has a satin/ dewy finish without being overpowering, something that I looked for in NARS Sheer Glow as it was a little more matte than this. This gives medium coverage and is suitable for normal/dry skin types, I doubt that this would last on oilier skins but definitely try out a free sample. They have a wider range of colours now so I being an NC45 in MAC foundation was able to try this foundation out which is always a plus. I tried the shade 11 Muscade and found it too dark but the formula and finish won me over, it's very lightweight and perfect for these up and coming spring months, it's also fragranced which is good but may not be suitable for sensitive skins which is a downer. Even though I'd purchase a shade or 2 lighter when I purchase it soon (Beige Canelle or Beige Praline) it's definitely HG material for now!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

Shade nr. 1 is too dark for me and broke me out like crazy! Such a shame because I liked the effect thet this foudarion made on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by foreverended

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it is non-comedogenic and I have white-head acne. My absolute favourite foundation ever! SO much better than my old mac foundations, and the Makeup forever hd one. It lasts forever, makes your skin look like silk, is soft, very easy to blend in, and on top of all that, doesnt block your pores! Of course, lancome does test on animals so thats the only down side I can think of.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by fromlana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After having good experiences with previous Lancome products such as their Virtuose mascara, I had high expectations for this foundation, especially after reading all the raving reviews online. The packaging is typical Lancome, very elegent and dressing table worthy; it also contains SPF 15 which is fab. Unfortunately they are my only pros as Teint Miracle just didn't work with my sensitive combination skin.
The smell of alcohol was the first warning sign, and after one weeks use I noticed the dry areas on my cheeks had worsened and were becoming more noticeable every time I wore this foundation. Because the formula is water based I was expecting sheer coverage that could be built up to moderate, which did work for a couple of hours and looked great. Then I would be left with a patchy face where the founation had faded AND the colour had oxidized AND my t-zone had become oily, which meant a white neck and a shiny patchy yellow face. Not the "bare skin perfection" I was after!
Considering the price of this product, it was a huge dissapointment, and definitely not a complexion miracle as promised.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by alexandradelc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample for this foundation overall i don't like it it makes my pores look bigger and it sinks in it , also it makes me look pink.