October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Ntolliver213

I love this stuff!!!! I have tried everything from MAC to Clinique to Benefits to Mary-Kay to some super pricey internet brands & I have never found anything that works this well. After you roll it on you pat it with your finger to blend & then wait 5-10 minutes to let it absorb & it is so light, not thick like most concealers, so you can wear it with or without foundation. The first time i wore this was without make-up & my husband commented how great i looked. I am in shock that I have finally found a product to cover my dark circles! Thank you GN!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by fihe

My favorite undereye concealer EVER! I've been using this for a few months now. my skin is an NC15 tone but this color is supposed to be for all skin tones (well, a new color for dark skin was just released). it's not too dark on me. it has a peachy-yellow tone that helps to concealer my bluish-purple dark circles, and it never looks cakey. whether I'm wearing liquid or powder foundation, or even none at all, I use this product every single day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Decent product but not HG staus.
Me: Medium/olive skin (NC40ish now). I do have hereditary dark purple under eye cirlces and red purple on top of my lid. I do need a corrector and concealer all around my eye.
Experience: I love this Garnier concealer because it's so thin. I can really layer this up and it doesn't crease or cake. Because my cirlces are severe, I need to layer about 3-4 times. So, I'm very happy with the texture and finish of this concealer. I don't agree that this concealer is a universal color. It appears a bit too light for my skintone. I really can't see someone of color being able to use this. The color is a fair warm toned yellow beige. As for the coverage, it is sheer like the package states. It does have a natural cover and finish. I do have to use muliple layers to achieve my desired coverage and this is why it's not HG for me. Also, I do find this concealer a bit pricey for the performance at hand. I find this to be a decent concealer for mild cirlces and it can be super for the right person. For me, it is just okay and will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by windson2279

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honestly I was so dissappointed by this. There is so much hype on youtube and MUA about this, so I picked it up and it wasnt cheap at all. I have tanned olive skin and VERY dark circles. It was very sheer and didn't cover them at all, instead turns them into a terrible grey cast beneath my eyes which make it look worse. I think someone with very light dark circles would benefit from this, also someone with fairer skin. There is so shade selection and it cannot be replaced as a concealer for someone with very dark circles.

If you have extremely dark circles and you are tan/olive, this is not worth the investment. If you want it as a treatment, perhaps the original roller without the tint would work. Overall, a dissappointment.

UPDATE: I did an indepth review on my blog with swatches on my NC40-42 skin if you want to see how it looks - http://missbeyondbeauty.blogspot.ca/2012/08/concealer-critic-garnier-skin-renew.html

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading many reviews here on MUA. It was on sale at my local drug store. I bought the shade in medium which seems to be the only shade available here. It suits nicely with my Asian yellow undertone light/medium skin. My skin gets brighter during the winter and I find my concealers all appear to be a bit too dark now.

The product glides on nicely with the roller and gives me a cool feeling. The product itself feels very light, unlike most concealer I used before. I usually roll from the inside of my eyes once or twice then blend it in with my fingertip. The shade matches very well and instantly brights up the area under my eyes.

I also dab it on my acne marks on my cheeks. It cannot hide the hyperpigmentation completely but does light it up a bit. I also think it is a nice base for other concealers because it brights and evens out the area where I need to conceal.

Overall, as a concealer, I find it work quite nicely with my skintone. I would not count too much with the roller since I have the regular roller and unless I store it upright, the roller ball always deposit too much product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by swayingdandelion

This does work but it settles in my lines =(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup535

my holy Grail product! I have really realy bad dark circles (it's hereditary, I always have done) and I have tried so many other concealers high and low end, nothing works as good as this! it has decent coverage, but the formula is very thin and doesn't crease so you can add more layers for more coverage.the formula of it is so lovely, I just roll it under my eye(sometimes over my bobbi brown corrector, but often on it's own) and then pat it in with a sponge, works amazingly. the only disadvantage is that the staying power isn't great, but I just set it with my face powder and then I'm good to go all day. I love this so much

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

A great quick eye brightener!
For everyday use I just dab two dots under each eyes with the metal ball and gently dab to blend it. Then I set it with a powder. For parties I use this first under my concealer and other stuff I layer on.
I never use it alone or too much as it this sets into fine lines and imperfections.
I don't have much darkness under my eye, but I tend to get a bit red. For this purpose it works fine. But don't trust it to cover everything, it is quite sheer after blended out.
It doesn't have any smell to it and has a very thin liquid consistency.
Update> After owning it for a while It seemed to thickened up. I like the texture better now actually. I feel exactly like before about the product. I can add that It is not good enough to use as a concealer for all day use.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by bhk126

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it BUT Paula Begouin Beautypedia website says:

Review:
This lightweight serum is packaged in a tube with one end having a metal roller-ball applicator. You’re supposed to massage it over dark circles for quick relief, but don’t count on instant or long-term improvement, or any dark circle-related benefit from this type of packaging.

It would be great if we could instantly roll away dark circles, but it’s just not possible. Massaging skin to stimulate circulation isn’t the answer in this case, because increasing blood flow to the undereye area can actually make dark circles look even darker. Also, some types of dark circles are due to pigmentation issues that are either hereditary or from sun damage. These types of dark circles don’t respond to massage or any of the ingredients in this product.

Although the roller-ball applicator is a “neat-o” factor, what’s dispensed is far more problematic than exciting. The formula contains a high amount of alcohol and the sunscreen ingredient ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate. The alcohol causes collagen breakdown and hurts skin’s healing process—two things guaranteed to make dark circles worse—and the sunscreen ingredient isn’t the best for use so close to the eye itself (it can cause stinging).

You would be far better off treating your eye area with a fragrance-free serum loaded with collagen-stimulating antioxidants and keeping it protected daily with a sunscreen rated SPF 15 or greater. Those steps will help your dark circles considerably more than this product will!

Pros: None.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mona09

I bought this concealer because of a makeup guru that i really love and I have to say im very happy with my purchased. I use this for as a highlighter more than concealing. Its very watery so it doesnt cake in my lines but it doesnt have staying power. After a few hours 3-4 its gone. However, I dont mind that bc i can just reapply without creasing throughout the day plus rhe fact that its not expensive I dont mind how many times I have to reapply because its so easy to do.