TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 3/16/2011 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Loved that this dry shampoo didn't have a nozzle and was a spray mist. Only problem is that is smells heavily of baby powder to me and leaves my hair with flakes. I do like that it plumps up my oily hair with a bit of volume but overall, my hair did not look clean and the flakes just made it worse.

on 3/11/2011 12:28:00 PM

This product is absolutely terrible. I used it correctly, and it made my hair look dirtier than before. It made my hair look like a vat of grease, it felt disgusting, like grease. I actually had to wash it out, which defeats the purpose! If you're looking for a good oil zapper, I use Lush's body powder between washes. It is super fine powder, you can't see it, it smells lovely and gets the job done.

on 3/10/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really, really bad. It weighs your hair down, leaves oodles of residue, and made me look greasier than before I started with it. Avoid!

on 3/7/2011 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I am so surprised by all the negative reviews! I for one, absolutely love this product! I used to use the oscar blandi but hated the smell and the price. The tresemme stuff smells great and works even better!

I just spray it in my hair (from 8-12" away as the bottle says) wait a few minutes and then brush out. I have jet black hair and have ALWAYS managed to get the powdery stuff out of my hair. Never had an issue of it looking like dandruff or anything. I also have really thick (Indian) hair, so I am surprised how little of the product I need to get the grease out. It works great on my bangs too! My hair is "combination".. scalp is pretty dry while the ends get very greasy.

With the Oscar Blandi and other brands, I always had an issue where the day after I'd use dry shampoo my hair would be super duper greasy and gross. This isn't the case with the tresemme dry shampoo, I can use it 2 days in a row and not have to worry about product build-up or anything.

The only negative thing I have to say is that my 2nd day using the product the spray top thing decided to stop working. I'd press down and nothing would come out. I popped it off and ran it under hot water to see if it was clogged but it still didn't work. Luckily, I had a similar spray top on another empty bottle of hair product so I popped it on and it's good as new. That is why I gave it such a low rating for packaging quality.

Sad that the product doesn't work for a lot of people but for $4.99 it's worth a try to see if it works for you! As I mentioned I have thick, sometimes greasy hair.. I am pleasantly surprised that it works as well as it does!!

on 3/5/2011 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worst dry shampoo I have ever used. No matter how much I brushed it out, shook it out, blow dried it out, my husband told me, "you have dandruff"....wish I had read these reviews before I bought it on impulse. Also made my hair crunchy and dry.

on 3/3/2011 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm taken aback by all the negative reviews for this product, because I quite like it. Some days, I skip washing my hair (don't tell!) due to plain laziness. I would walk around sheepishly all day because my hair looked so lifeless, flat and oily. Not anymore! This product really helps give my hair more volume. You just need to remember to let it dry after spraying. Even though the spray shows up very prominently on my black hair at first, it's not noticeable by the time I leave the apartment. Would purchase again =)

on 2/28/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Save your money! This product is terrible. I am really into dry shampoos because I hate to wash my blonde, highlighted hair everyday. Well, this product is simply bad. First, it takes forever to dry. Second, even with my blonde hair, the product leaves an obvious powdery-white residue. Third, once the hair is finally dry, it is very hard to brush. Finally, once brushed, my hair feels so gross-slightly greasy, gummy, tacky. Seriously, if you are looking for dry shamppo, stick with Oscar Blandi. True, his products are expensive, but well worth it.

on 2/28/2011 1:07:00 AM

Boo to this product. I would rather have my hair look oily then powdery/nasty/stinky (really strong smelling aerosol). I don't recommend this product. My hair did not appear clean and I actually felt like my hair was dirtier looking after. Yuck to this-i'll stick to washing my hair daily then using this stinky stuff!

on 2/27/2011 7:16:00 PM

I really dislike this product. First off, i have brown hair, and its very fine. Because i color my hair dark, i was my hair every other day, so i avoid oiliness and color fade, but this i think is honestly terrible. The smell is very overwhelming and really unpleasent, it leaves a white color to my hair that makes it look almost gray, and didn't soak up oil nearly enough.

on 2/23/2011 5:48:00 PM

i have used several different dry shampoos and so far, this is my favorite... i think that there is something better out there, but i am still on the hunt. it is a little wet, but it's not that bad and it does take the oil out of my hair. i think alot of ppl aren't using this product correctly which is giving them that white residue... i use it sparingly and at a pretty good distance away from my head. there are youtube videos out there on how to use the product that are pretty good. i think that for the price it is a great value and it gets the job done. there are much more expensive dry shampoos out there that still leave your hair feeling gross and oily.

Video Reviews & Tutorials