April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MACaddictSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this to give it a try, not the best dry shampoo ive used, ill stick with my oscar dry shampoo.
this product does reduce shine but hair doesn't feel clean when touched.
this give me AMAZING volume so i might buy it again for that

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by michellebee

Left disgusting white film everywhere!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Chloe3297

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is absolutely the worst dry shampoo I've ever used. And I've pretty much used them all on my fine, color treated, leaning towards the oily side hair. The smell is ok, packaging is adequate, but like many others before me have said, this product will make your hair oilier than before you used it. I tried it because of the price and availability. Never again. Klorane's and Rene Furterer's dry shampoos are the best, IMHO. PSSSST and Batiste work quite well, and their prices are more reasonable. The only other dry shampoo that I've used and detested was Oscar Blandi's. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the bottle, which hurt considering the price. TRESemme had a chance to gain a lot of business by creating a cheap, widely available dry shampoo and they totally blew it. I haven't really tried any of their other products and after this fiasco, I doubt I will.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Did absolutely nothing for my hair. Smelled nice, but it didn't soak up any oil in my hair, and the chalky residue was hard to comb out of my dark hair. Rubbish. Definitely won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by M7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Made my hair feel disgusting! Awful product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by masj23

SO surprised at all the hate. All the poor reviews either donít know how to use the product or else donít know what a dry shampoo is supposed to do.

Dry shampoo doesnít literally shampoo your hair! It just refreshes it by absorbing oils so that hair can last a little longer before it needs to be shampooed. So if you curl/flat iron/blow dry/color your hair, and want to save time and preserve the health of your hair by not doing so every day, dry shampoo helps your Ďdo last another day. Or two more days, or more, depending on your preference and oil output.

And as for how to use it, you canít douse your hair in the stuff. You gotta follow the directions! Shake the can before and between sprays. Use quick, short bursts of spray and only use what you need to get each section of your roots. Yeah, your hair turns white. Wait 1-2 mins, per the directions, then brush it out, and voila! No more white hair! People who say that it makes your hair sticky and disgusting are putting waaay too much in.

I have black, Asian, wavy/curly hair. (Asian curly hair? Crazytalk, I know!) I flat iron it frequently and use dry shampoo to help my hair last for 2-3 days between shampoos. Iíve used Oscar Blandi, Ojon, and baby powder, and was thrilled to see an affordable dry shampoo released. This works fine on my dark hair (again, if ladies are complaining that their dark hair isnít working with this, they are using it wrong. If I can get it to work on black hairÖ) It mattifies any oilies that I might develop on my scalp and gives my hair a little volume. I think the scent is pleasant, too. Not the greatest thing ever, but beats the natural smell of hair that hasnít been washed in a day. It isnít the best dry shampoo Iíve ever used in my life, but the value for the price is more than enough to convince me to repurchase. After all, weíve got enough beauty products to worry about purchasing - who wants to repeatedly blow $25 on a bottle of brand-name dry shampoo just to keep their hair looking clean?

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by JeanineH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gross. Disgusting. Urgh. Worst product ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by aishahassan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

sucks...makes your hair oilier...honestly the best dry shampoo i've ever used was Stila Creme Bouquet

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ulurocks21

1. Can leave residue in hair if held to close to head
2. Needs to be shaken well
3. Nosle can be hard to use

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PurplePanda38

I really like this stuff,it gives my hair volume and it smells ok.the One thing I don`t like is that it makes my hair very thick.