Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 2/28/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hideous, turns orange after a couple hours. Clogs pores, doesn't last as long as it claims. No pump.

on 2/25/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just bought this and while maybe a bit premature to review it after wearing it just today, I decided to because I do like it. I started off with a freshly washed face and applied Oil of Olay Daily Defense for Combination/Oily and let it soak in while I dried my hair. Then I applied my Monistat Anti-Chafing "primer" and let that sink it for a few minutes. Then I put a bit of the SuperStay foundation on my fingertips and rub my hands together and pat it on my face all over, then rubbed it in to get it blended well. I let it set while I applied the rest of my makeup and then finished it with a light dusting of loose powder. Well about lunchtime I did need to use an oil-blotting sheet, but that's norm for me and it wasn't even that bad. Overall I'm impressed by the performance and coverage of this makeup. I may be editing this review further on down the line, but I like the consistency and smell better than Colorstay. It didn't cake up on me, which I loved.

on 2/23/2011 8:47:00 PM

I like this foundation. I did find this product to be a bit heavy, but it's okay. I have oily/combination skin. I use this in Nude, but I believe it's a bit too light for me. I'd go and get a shade darker, but it looks like that one would be too dark. I love how this is easy to blend. Before this foundation, I used Revlon Colorstay. This product gives me full coverage, which I need. :) I don't like the packaging because it can explode at any time, and because I always dump out a bit more than I need. It has more of a yellow tone on my skin, but it's okay. I can still work it. ;) It doesn't last 24 hours, but for me, it lasts about 7-9 hours. It's a bit more expensive for a drugstore foundation, but I'd buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation looks flawless on my normal/dry skin. It stays on all day for me. I don't have acne, but it gives me full coverage anyway. I have no problem with the glass bottle, but I'm giving it a 3 for packaging because it doesn't have a pump.

on 2/15/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Amazing! Hate to compare this to Revlon's ColorStay, but it's pretty much the only reason I originally wanted to try this. This by far is my favorite of the two. For reference I started using this before Winter so I was a little more tan (NC42) so I bought this in Soft Honey. I usually get lighter during winter (NC40) so I am currently using this in Natural Tan. Overall, both match me perfectly. This has a much thicker consistency than ColorStay, but is still easily blendable. As far as coverage, this is definitely full coverage and I get a better coverage from just a little of this vs. a lot of ColorStay. Definitely HG and has replaced all of my other liquid foundations.

on 2/14/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just used this today because I was getting my driver's license photo taken today and I wanted something without spf. I had used it previously months before the exact same reason (photos being taken). Since then, I used Estee Lauder Double Wear. But since ELDW has spf, i went back to maybelline superstay for today. OMG. This blends like a DREAM! I apply with my fingers (like all my foundations) and it spreads so easily and is so smooth and creamy and blendable on my skin. I'm NC15 and use Sand beige for reference. It's soooooooo smooth!! I love my estee lauder double wear but this is a VERY comparable drugstore equivalent, if not, dupe. I haven't tested it for it's long-wear because I don't care about that so much as coverage. the coverage was VERY comparable to ELDW which is medium to full. This does not cover all of my blemishes or hyperpigmentation. I do use a second layer for that and even then, some still shows through, but my spots are really bad. This doe snot break me out or irritate me in any way. I find this much more blendable than Revlon Colorstay and I also fine the color match better,

on 2/13/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

broke me out no thanks

on 2/11/2011 5:56:00 PM

This doesn't last on me. It says 24 hour makeup but it doesn't even do 4 of those 24 properly. It slides off your face within 3 to 4 hours and you look like there's no makeup on. Disappointing. However, having said that, when you first apply it, it looks really gorgeous. And it didn't break me out. Guess I'm going back to Revlon ColorStay. Really wished it would have worked for me. I'm still keeping this one, it's just not an everyday foundation.

on 2/11/2011 4:00:00 AM

this foundation does not work well with my skin. i have dry-normal skin and it looks flaky when i apply it. i have to mix it with my moisturizer because its too drying for me and its hard to blend sometimes.

I bought this product thinking that it will fit my latina complexion that has yellow undertones, but it didn't. The makeup that I got had yellow undertones, however it also had pink undertones which were just too strong.

One good thing about the product though is it does go on smoothly to skin and is not heavy AT ALL.