August 20, 2014 | 1078 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Underangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first heard about this new product I was ecstatic. For years I was unable to wear eyeshadow because of my oily skin causing shadow to slightly discolor and/or quickly crease, but I tried out the original UDPP a few years ago and have never had a problem with eye makeup since... except maybe washing it off :P

So being addicted to warm browns and shimmers I almost had a heart attack when I heard about Sin, but was unfortunately let down. The formula seems a little thinner, and is definitely well pigmented with the beautiful warm champagne shimmer... but it took maybe an hour before my eyeshadow started creasing as though I didn't even have a base on. I have ofcourse tested it a few more times to be sure that the error wasn't at my fault, but I kept getting the same results.

So in the end, this was unfortunately just an expensive tube of cream eyeshadow that didn't match with quality. For gals that don't suffer from oily lids and such, this will likely be a great addition to your collection.. but I suggest sampling it first just to be sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ClarityRose

Thankfully, I got this as a sample. While I've never tried the original potion, this is...ehh.

The claims of it not affecting your eyeshadow? False. The shimmer shines through, and it seems to "discolor" rather than "intensify."

It DOES hold shadow, though.

It's, sadly, very heavy feeling and slightly greasy. Can't say that I want it on my eyelids.

Oh, and the bottle? Wastes product. Go ahead and cut it open and decant it into something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by abd4j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never trying the original UDPP, I really like this. The color is gorgeous and it keeps my eyeshadow on for much longer than without. I use this with my Victoria Secret eyeshadows which used to crease after an hour, and creasing no longer became an issue.

However, it is a touch pricey for a product that I have to fight to get to (i.e. cutting the bottle to get the rest out) only to risk having it dry out on me in a sample jar. So, as of now I'm on a hunt for a more cost effective eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This works just as well as the original. It does make shadows appear brighter without making them look too shimmery. It also keeps them on all day without any creasing. The packaging is just fine, people just dont know how to work with it. If you take the rubber stop out of the top of the bottle you will be able to use every last drop of this product without having to cut up the bottle...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried this and the original, but I VASTLY prefer this Sin version. I always wear shimmery shadows, and this makes a great base for all of them without being crazy overkill. The color is pretty nice as well, not too dark, and not too pink. Staying power is incredible with this product on. I layer it with my usual shimmery ivory powder shadow and practically have to chisel it off.

The packaging sucks however. I really hope that is addressed soon. A squeeze tube with a wand would be ideal.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by janessadawn

Bought this because I have used the original primer potion for ages & I really liked the shimmer. I suppose it would be a great primer for a night out but for a whole day it sucks. When I do my makeup at 6 am & use the original primer potion my makeup will last 16 hrs, but not even half of that w/ this. Taking it back asap.

As an aside, UD sucks when it comes to packaging this stuff. I'll soon be chopping this bottle (of original) up to get to all the hidden product. If you don't know what I'm talking about go to youtube & search for 'urban decay primer potion'.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by t4nvmind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The primer works exactly as I wish it would. It does have a nice color when wearing it alone; the staying power is even better than the original. Love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by thegypsy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first got this as a sample and when I finally got around to trying it was instantly in love with it. First, the color is great on it's own and it cuts any eyelid oiliness you might have. next, if you want to add shadow it guarantees that it'll last all day. So I think this is a great two-fer. Am already on my second purchase and I also give it as Xmas gifts. Yes, it's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Primer Potion is beautiful! It works the same as UPDD, but with a tint of color. It also has a nice effect on the eyeshadows you put over! Plus, it looks great alone!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by littledazey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The UD Sin Primer Potion is pretty good if you are going to use it as a highlighter under the brow bone because of its shimmery champagne color. As an eyeshadow primer however, i wasnt impressed. The eyeshadow did come out true to color, but it looked textured, almost like snake skin texture. I also dont like the wand applicator because i dont feel like i can get use of all of the product in the packaging that way. What i disliked the most about it was that it seemed to flake up, almost form a crusty texture in the inner corner of my eyes. It is similar to Stila Kitten Eye Wash which i think i like better.