August 20, 2014 | 2148 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far this is the cheapest, longest lasting liner I have ever tried. I actually like this much better than my Revlon colorstay, L'oreal liner as well, as the tip is very easy to work with & I can get it to give me such a nice & precise line. Very easy to build up too. I have bought several of these, in both black & brown, and have found the brown not to show up much (maybe I purchased a dud!) but the black is just great! I haven't had drying up issues either, so maybe I have been lucky with the black ones not drying up on me. I have combo/oily skin & these do not smear, which is great even on my sometimes oily eyelids.
I highly recommend, for a dollar, you can't go wrong!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tinewashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this eyeliner because I had heard good stuff about it, but honestly, I really don't like it. First of all, the packaging is REALLY cheap - it's just a long plastic pen with a cap. Second, it is really hard to apply. The formula is very dry and I always struggle to get enough product out to cover my upper lashline.
What I do like, and why I gave it 3 stars, is that it really does what it says - it's VERY waterproof. I showered with it once, and when I got out, my mascara was all smeared, but the eyeliner was surprisingly very water resistant and had barely smeared. It's also a nice, black colour, and does look good applied.
However, I won't rebuy this, solely because I really didn't like how it applied, but if I'm ever on a tight budget and need a nice, long-wearing and cheap(!) eyeliner, this would definitely be the one I would get.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dirt cheap and works like a charm! Love it! I recommend this to all my friends that aren't too comfortable with liquid or gel/cream liners yet but want to upgrade from pencil/kohl eye liners. It's very user friendly, but the only thing is that I feel it dries fairly quickly, and I make sure the cap is fully closed. However for a buck you can afford to buy a new one every other month or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I personally love these pens! My only issues are that you have to store them upside down so it doesnt seem dried out and, like others have said, the tip could be a bit finer. It lasts me all day, yet comes off fairly easily at the end of the day with a makeup removing towlette. I own it in the brown color, but plan to buy all of them as the price is so reasonable ($1!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by emigyaru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eyeliner pen, and I have it in black and plum. When I was first trying this out, I thought I got a dried up one. D: The ink just wasn't coming out, so I gave up. But I tried again the next day and it worked perfectly. ^^ The line is very precise but the tip could be a little thinner. This can last me through a night, longest was 8 hours. Great quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I have this in black and coffee (dark brown). It is absolutley brilliant!!!! And dirt cheap!!! I always wear eyeliner and so this gives brilliant long lasting results without breaking the bank. I think they last very well and have not experienced smudging or fading with either of these colours. I go for the coffee shade when i want a softer look and the black for a nice strong eye. If you are a fan of liquid liner then you would love this - easy to use, long lasting and so so cheap!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely get what you pay for. Dried out after one use...I even stored it upside down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll have to redo this review as well.. I initially didn't like this product.. Mainly because of the tip. It had this weird string at the end. I tried clipping it to make it even with the rest of the end, and initially, it didn't work. Well, weeks later (I'm not sure what happened between then and now) I grabbed this on accident because it looks identical to Revlon's Colorstay Pen, and it actually worked fairly well. I was surprised because I don't like Revlon's pen at all. The "black" isn't black at all.. It's this light grey.. unless you hold it at a weird angle, in which you don't get the precision you need.. But anyway, I was going through my purse after the fact and came across the Revlon pen.. and was like, Woah.. If this wasn't what I was using.... What WAS I using? It was the ELF pen, I once hated. The only thing I don't care for with this, and it could just be me... Is that it is no where NEAR waterproof. My eyes water a lot.. And even after it's been set for quite a while, the tiniest bit of moisture completely removes it.. and does simply wiping it with your finger removes it. Now, I understand that if you rub the eyeliner, it's bound to smudge at the least.. But this stuff completely comes off, just like a normal eyeliner (non water proof) would. So, I would NOT repurchase this item unless they reformulated it to be a true waterproof item.. But if they gave it more staying power, I definitely would.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked the design of this pen. Very easy to use, but that is where the good points end! The contents dry out within a couple of uses of this eyeliner. The first time I used it, I got quite a nice deep colour. However a few hours later, part of the line was fading off and what was left looked terrible. Wanting to give this item a fair go, I tried it again the next day and found that the pen did not draw as well as the previous day (it had dried out) and the staying power was no better than the previous day either. A cheap product that behaves like a cheap product. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i actually really like this :) took me a few times to get used to the tip but now i got the hang of it i really like it. i can make any kind of line i want. from extremely thin to really thick. i often wear it to work and then out after and when i come home it hasn't smudged what so ever. its so inexpensive and works really well. so i would say try it out :)