I initially used this mixed in with my cleanser a couple times a week to exfoliate. It didn't irritate my skin and left a smoother, more even skin tone. However, I experienced some SERIOUS dryness issues with my skin. I would not recommend this on your face, sugar does just as good a job and less harsh. However, I use this daily when I brush my teeth and it leaves my mouth clean and teeth whiter. A must for someone addicted to her morning coffeee.
i love this! makes my teeth so white. and i have used this as an exfoliater.. omg it made my face soooo soft and it didn't irritate it and i have really sensitive skin!:) i would buy this again
Amazing cleanser, deoderizer, teeth whitener, degreaser (for hair and skin).
The most amazIng thing that I have found is that baking soda mixed with warm water will release a blackhead from a pore better than anything I've ever used. Steam with a hot washcloth... then make a thick paste with water and baking soda and rub into blackheaded area. The best skin decongestant ever!
A word of caution: When using this in shower on hair or body -- use caution -- as sodium bicarbonate becomes quite slippery when mixed with water. Use caution!
Since I moved out, money has been really tight, so I'm all for home skincare remidies. I read about this one and thought since I have it anyway, I might as well try. The reviews were great on MUA, so I gave it a whirl. I'm really shocked I liked it. I think I used too much water, because it wasn't really thick, so next time I'll have to try more powder. The mixture felt amazing to wash with. I hope this works out for me, it'd be a great replacement for other expensive face cleansers!
I haven't used this on my skin or hair, but I only use this for my teeth. I don't use any tooth paste at all anymore, just baking soda with a little water... my teeth are getting soooo white! I started doing this just before Christmas, and this has been the best thing for my teeth. My husband is using it now after seeing my resulst. I'm so please :)
I love this for getting stubborn grease buildup out of my hair! Every now and then, I get so much gunk that even clarifying shampoos won't cut through it. Just mix this in with your favorite clarifier, and VOILA! Yes, I'll admit that it does dry out your hair some. But sometimes, it's what I need to get my hair totally clean!
I usually go through a box of baking soda every month (a 50 cent miracle product). I use it for just about everything--tooth brushing, face scrub, bath soak, hair scrubber. It is such a gentle scrub, and I don't get broken capillaries from it. I like to add a box of it to my bath water, along with soured milk, plain yogurt, and corn starch--it will soften a rhino's hide.
so many uses for this basic household item.
1. great for getting rid of product build up in your hair. or if your hair gets really greasy after a few days just mix a pinch with your regular shampoo. it removes build up and leaves my hair bouncy but not dried out and straw-like
2. great as a face scrub. it exfoliates well and deep cleans. it keeps my face clear and smooth.
3. brush your teeth with it to remove stains and keep em white.
4. hairbrush/make up brush cleaner. put baking soda with warm water and let brushes soak to remove residue and build up.
5. cuticle softener: mix baking soda with warm water and let your hands/feet soak in it
6. leave a little bowl of it in a room and it works to get rid of nasty smells!
- amazing facial scrub!
- i just get about a handful... add a few drops of water with my other hand... rub my hands together and apply to my face before i cleanse... rub it in circular motions
- my skin feels amazing after i use it... and it doesn't contribute to breakouts at all!
- i do this once a week, and it cleans so deep it's amazing.
- it's basically free, and it doesn't have any harsh chemicals in it like some scrubs can... the other great thing is that the granules are round, unlike some scrubs that have sharp/jagged granules.
I must be the odd one out but this made me break out the worst I ever have. I really had high hopes as I've heard it's great for exfoliating... but I had so many zits on my face I could've displayed the starship Nebula. And ontop of that it took me 2 weeks to get rid of them! NEVER AGAIN!