October 22, 2014 | 992 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

I couldn't resist buying this after reading all the excellent reviews. Glad I did because this is HG for me! I haven't had very good luck in the past with d/s foundations because (other than L'oreal's True Match) there was never a shade that matched my skin. Most foundations are too pink or too orange. With this foundation, even though the color choices seem very limited, I was actually able to get a great match in Creamy Beige. I love how natural the finish is, after I let it settle in a little, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup! I also love the packaging. The pump is hygenic and can dispense a little or a lot depending on how much you push down on it. I can finally stop looking for the perfect foundation. A word of warning though, if you're acne prone, you'll most definitely want to use an oil cleanser to take this foundation off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this foundation. In fact, all the wonderful reviews made me try this after over five years of using nothing but MMU. The coverage is great. The finish is dewy, but can easily be made more matte with the wonderful SH Carmindy translucent powder. It's normally difficult for me to find a match for my very fair, yellow yet ruddy skin, but I found a very nice summer match in Ecru Beige. It looks very natural, feels weightless, and is easy to blend. The staying power is excellent. I've been wearing it during some very hot and humid summer days and it's held up surprisingly well, better than I think my MMU would have. I've been applying it with a taklon brush but also applied it with my fingers last night and liked the finish just as much. The price is pretty good at around $12 per bottle, plus CVS often has coupons or sales which makes it even more affordable. As long as it doesn't break out my acne-prone skin, I have a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Laura22

I had heard so much about this product, and had to wait so long to track it down, that I was almost certain I would be disappointed. I am happy to report that I was in no way disappointed and in fact found the product even better then raves led me to believe. However, bear in mind that this review is being written after only afew trials and will need to be updated over time.

Coverage: This is a lovely foundation that while providing excellent coverage is in no way heavy or unnatural looking. I actually expected a more "made-up" look but was just delighted to see that the look is as natural as my usual MAC or MUFE face and body but with better coverage and more polished finish. (I still love my MAC and MUFE of course, just have a new HG to add to the arsenal :)).

Wearability: I felt nothing at all. It goes on lightly and feels like a much lighter product.

Staying Power: Absolutely incredible. I was shocked to discover that after hours of full-on sweating at the last play at Shea "get-up-and-dance" concert held in the middle of a heat wave in NYC (and no breeze at all) that I still had ALOT of makeup to remove when I got home. Even the blush appeared to last longer then usual when used on top of this product. I must say that I am impressed.

Packaging: I took off a lippie for packaging on this because although it comes in a very convenient and hygenic pump dispenser (which dispenses a manageable amount each time), I don't like the fact that its glass. Its just my personal preference (being a major clutz sometimes, I worry about breakage :) ).

Color: People have complained that its hard to find the right color...luckily, using kayvid's notepad and looking at the bottom of the bottle (where the color is more clearly seen), I was able to hit my shade on the first try. I'm about nc35 now (because I'm abit tanned) and olive and my color is sandy beige. In winter I may go for creamy beige.

Overall summary: So far, this product is total HG material. I think this could be perfect for my winter foundation and excellent for the summer when I want to be more finished (I like a very light look in summer). I have to admit that I far prefer this product to Chanel vitalumiere (which I used before in winter) because it feels lighter, looks more natural and lasts better.

I am nc35, olive and age 43. In Chanel I'm 40 (or 2 depending on what country your in) and I think I'm about 6 in GA. I have more or less normal skin.

Go try this ladies!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by picsbyrachel

I am totally in love with this foundation! I was very leary to get this. I usually don't buy makeup at drugstores, but with all the great reviews I figured why not. The price is really good $12.99. Plus there was also BOGO 1/2 off! So I wound up getting some other items too.

It applied so nicely, very creamy. It is a medium to full coverage foundation. This is exactly what I needed. I didn't even need very much conclear after the foundation. It lasted all day and I didn't feel weighed down at all. It felt light and airy on my face! I used the SH Primer with the foundation and I am not sure if it made alot of differece but that was nice too. I would really recommend this product for everyone. If you don't like it, just return it. How awesome is that!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Bugmenot11

As mentioned by others, it is difficult to judge the color in the bottles. I bought 4 and returned 3. I normally use Prescriptives Real Beige and the closest match was Sandy Beige. I was happy with the color. It stayed on well and didn't settle into lines.

But a major problem is that the foundation comes off onto objects, like my phone. I can't imagine the mess it would make on clothes! Also, it takes heavy duty soap to get it off of my Beautyblender. So I will not be repurchasing. I will use up my bottle on days that I am running around doing errands. Too bad because the price is reasonable.

Update: Met Carmindy last weekend. She was promoting her line at Long's and doing a free color consultation. I didn't know she was going to actually apply makeup on each person so I would recommend not wearing makeup to this. She is going to Dallas and then Chicago next 2 weekends (Friday and Sat.). Go to her website for details. She was really nice and seemed genuine when she complimented each person on something!

She picked Sandy Beige for me right off - she knows her colors. I love the cream blush and the lip gloss. Everyone looked better after she applied some makeup. And everyone truly looked natural. I am impressed with her talent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this after seeing all the hype, but i'm on the fence. The finish and texture is beautiful, but the color was very off. I got Ecru Beige after seeing so many nc20's picking this shade. The color is nowhere near revlon buff or studio fix fluid nc20. It gives a 'whitish' cast to the face and almost makes me look sickly. The beige/olive tones completely take out any color you have in your face, not attractive at all! I tried applying it with a damp sponge very sparingly to sheer out the color, but it still gives the same ghastly look. Otherwise it's a great foundation feels nice, sanitary pump..although it pumps double what i need in one pump. I might pick up the next shade and mix the two and see if it's any better. Because other than the color choice, the foundation itself is quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Lulabelle13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For reference, I am cool-toned and lighter than NW15 in MAC. I bought this in Porcelain and it is a great color match for Summer, although I think it will be too dark in winter. It is my new HG summer foundation. I have very dry skin and this actually feels good on my skin and does not dry me out. I also have large pores and this hides them the best of any foundation I've tried. The finish is fantastic, it's not quite matte and not quite glowy, it just looks like flawless, fresh skin. I use about half a pump for my whole face and it is very easy to blend. I can wear this with or without powder depending on the look I'm going for. The staying power is quite good on me, and it works well over sunscreen. It is fantastic for the price, I would pay much more for something that works as well as this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

I'm finally ready to review this, after wearing it for quite a few months. To start with, I have oilyish skin that seems to eat makeup from my t-zone. I work long hours and don't have time to touch up my makeup during the day, so long-lasting foundation is a must for me. I've been wearing Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily/combo skin, which I like ok, but I'm always searching for something better. When this brand came out, I heard the raves and decided to give it a try.

For color reference, I wear Buff in Revlon Colorstay, and I'm wearing Ecru Beige in the Carmindy foundation. It is a little warmer than Buff in Colorstay, but that is perfect for me in the summertime because I get a little bit darker.

I use a damp sponge to apply this foundation, and it gives the perfect amount of coverage with just one pump (and I love the pump by the way, which Colorstay doesn't have). If I need more coverage, I use two pumps, because this is very buildable, but most days, one pump is the right amount. I pat it on and blend, and it blends very nicely into my skin, leaving no lines on my jaw.

I must add, I prefer a more matte finish than this foundation gives, as it is slightly glowy, so I use the Camindy Sally Hansen pressed powder (see my glowing review for this!) to set the foundation. This combination is HG for me, and I rarely have to touch up in my 16 hour days. I have never had a foundation or powder work this well for me, and I am completely done with my foundation search!

I put this foundation to the ultimate test last night, which prompted me to write my review today. I took an intense ballet class that had me sweating all night, and when I left I checked my foundation, and it looked almost flawless. This is amazing, because usually after ballet, my foundation is either dripping off my face or caked up. HG!

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by megrisen

This is a very creamy moderate coverage foundation. I use a few drops around my face then blend with a sponge and it gives a great sheer coverage. I apply with my fingers under my eyes instead of using concealer when I'm having a good eye day. I love that it comes in a pump and the price can't be beat for the quality. When I run out I might repurchase this. I also love that they have a good range for us super pale types!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After all of the hype on MUA about this foundation I could no longer resist and just had to purchase it. I am an extremely pale cool-undertoned PPP and I was quite pleased to find a good color match in Porcelain since the lightest shades of most foundation lines just aren't pale enough. In addition to actually being pale enough, this foundation is reasonably priced (especially with frequent BOGOF or BOGO1/2 off sales) and truly does give a "flawless skin" look. However, as someone with good skin to start with (not trying to brag, I realize I am lucky) I prefer to look like I have good skin and not like I am wearing a great foundation. Applying this with my fingers resulted in WAY too much coverage for me, so I wore it for a few weeks applied sparingly (over moisturized skin) with my MAC #187 brush. This is going to sound completely stupid, but even applied as sheerly as possible Your Skin foundation actually erases every single flaw on my face -- the end result of which is a very fake mask-y sort of look even though the foundation itself is not cakey. Basically it makes my skin looks so smooth and white and "perfect" that it becomes extremely obvious that I must be wearing foundation. I prefer to wear a tinted moisturizer and have my skin look like real skin. I think that this "fake" effect is probably exacerbated by the fact that I am extremely pale white... I think that for someone with less dramatic coloration the "flawless" finish would work more in their favor. It just sort of gives me that Victorian powdered-white-half-to-death look. I am now using this foundation as an undereye and spot concealer and I find that I really like it for this purpose. The balance between dewy and matte in this foundation makes it great for covering up dark circles without it being obvious that I am wearing concealer. Despite my dry, sensitive skin I have had no problems with flakies or breakouts from this foundation. Even though Your Skin foundation was not the best choice for me, I would still recommend other ladies to try it -- especially if you are looking for some coverage.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No