Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

Wonderful product. I've been using it for years in the bathtub in winter--keeps my legs from getting dry and flaky. (I also attribute the lack of any stretch marks when pregnant to using baby oil.)

A few cons: I don't use it for eye makeup remover--It gets in my eyes and creates a film. The bottle does tend to be leaky, Also, having baby oil in the bathtub night after night probably contributes to the pipes being clogged sometimes.

FABULOUS,

I use a generic brand of baby oil that has much less fragrance that J&J, but both work extremely well for removing stubborn waterproof mascara. I have used many different eye-makeup removers, and everything except baby oil irritates the skin around my eyes after a few weeks of continued use. Sometimes it does make my eyes a bit filmy, but nothing that some good rinsing or an eye drop can't fix.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Great for using after shaving and to lock in moisture after showering. I'll always have a bottle around because it sinks in quickly, isn't strongly scented and leaves skin really soft.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

A classic. Excellent for use on dry skin in the bath, at the end of a shower, after bathing or showering, and as an eye make-up remover.

First problem: sensitivity to its scent.

Second problem: an ethical one on animal testing. There are good alternatives out there (in alphabetical order):

Burt's Bees

California Baby (labelled as "baby massage oils"; there is a sensitive one, that's still a little scented; the scented ones are delectable, the "calming" one particularly so)

Elave

Lavera

Weleda

The US version of J&J comes with a fantabulous anti-spillage childproof cap. Even though I don't use the stuff any more, I've kept an old small bottle for transporting (other) baby oil when travelling. continued >>

I used to take baths twice a week in Johnson & Johnsons baby oil because it leaves my skin feeling very moisturized and silky. It also leaves a real subtle scent. Be careful when stepping out of the tub though because it is pretty slippery but A friend of mine recommended using it to remove eye make-up and I have to admit IT WORKS! I put some on a cotton ball and gently rub around my eyes to remove the make-up, rinse and then towel dry off and it's gone. (Might have to rub with a little friction to remove stubborn make-up) I usually use it before applying my cleanser but what's best is it doesn't take any of my eye lashes with it :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The best make up remover. I've tough sweat/water proof make up (Shiseido sun foudation) to sunscreen (Sofina) and all removed well with a cotton ball at night. After that in the shower, I use either AHA face wash or J&J baby head to toe wash. No clogged pores or break out. The price is so cheap and I love baby scent.

Wow, I can't believe how good this works! I get dry, itchy skin in winter which is also prone to eczema. I usually use Lush's King of Skin body butter in the shower to moisturize my skin (I get lazy once I get out of the shower, and hardly apply moisturizer), but KoS melts v fast and just isn't that economical for me.

I picked this up on a whim earlier on at the supermarket, and just had to try it after my shower. It smells real good (love that trademark scent of J&J's!), and absorbs fast. First impressions are good, but will have to try for a longer period of time for true evaluation.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This removes makeup like no other!!! I love it! That's all I use it for though, so I can't comment on it's moisturizing. Great price, I am running out so I'll have to get some more!

The best moisturizer out there. You don't need anything else! (It was recommended to me by the skincare specialist at the spa I went to.) Just apply it to wet skin when you're fresh out of the shower, and once it soaks in, your skin will be smooth as a... well, baby's bottom.

Popular Body Skincare Products