Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 10/8/2007 3:45:00 PM

I use this every time I shave my legs in the shower! It makes my skin SOOOOO soft!

on 10/1/2007 5:41:00 PM

Wonderful product. I've been using it for years in the bathtub in winter--keeps my legs from getting dry and flaky. (I also attribute the lack of any stretch marks when pregnant to using baby oil.)

A few cons: I don't use it for eye makeup remover--It gets in my eyes and creates a film. The bottle does tend to be leaky, Also, having baby oil in the bathtub night after night probably contributes to the pipes being clogged sometimes.

on 9/26/2007 6:38:00 AM

FABULOUS,

on 9/16/2007 1:43:00 PM

I use a generic brand of baby oil that has much less fragrance that J&J, but both work extremely well for removing stubborn waterproof mascara. I have used many different eye-makeup removers, and everything except baby oil irritates the skin around my eyes after a few weeks of continued use. Sometimes it does make my eyes a bit filmy, but nothing that some good rinsing or an eye drop can't fix.

on 8/26/2007 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Great for using after shaving and to lock in moisture after showering. I'll always have a bottle around because it sinks in quickly, isn't strongly scented and leaves skin really soft.

on 8/24/2007 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

A classic. Excellent for use on dry skin in the bath, at the end of a shower, after bathing or showering, and as an eye make-up remover.

First problem: sensitivity to its scent.

Second problem: an ethical one on animal testing. There are good alternatives out there (in alphabetical order):

Burt's Bees

California Baby (labelled as "baby massage oils"; there is a sensitive one, that's still a little scented; the scented ones are delectable, the "calming" one particularly so)

Elave

Lavera

Weleda

The US version of J&J comes with a fantabulous anti-spillage childproof cap. Even though I don't use the stuff any more, I've kept an old small bottle for transporting (other) baby oil when travelling. continued >>

on 8/10/2007 1:27:00 AM

I used to take baths twice a week in Johnson & Johnsons baby oil because it leaves my skin feeling very moisturized and silky. It also leaves a real subtle scent. Be careful when stepping out of the tub though because it is pretty slippery but A friend of mine recommended using it to remove eye make-up and I have to admit IT WORKS! I put some on a cotton ball and gently rub around my eyes to remove the make-up, rinse and then towel dry off and it's gone. (Might have to rub with a little friction to remove stubborn make-up) I usually use it before applying my cleanser but what's best is it doesn't take any of my eye lashes with it :)

on 7/1/2007 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The best make up remover. I've tough sweat/water proof make up (Shiseido sun foudation) to sunscreen (Sofina) and all removed well with a cotton ball at night. After that in the shower, I use either AHA face wash or J&J baby head to toe wash. No clogged pores or break out. The price is so cheap and I love baby scent.

on 6/10/2007 7:16:00 AM

Wow, I can't believe how good this works! I get dry, itchy skin in winter which is also prone to eczema. I usually use Lush's King of Skin body butter in the shower to moisturize my skin (I get lazy once I get out of the shower, and hardly apply moisturizer), but KoS melts v fast and just isn't that economical for me.

I picked this up on a whim earlier on at the supermarket, and just had to try it after my shower. It smells real good (love that trademark scent of J&J's!), and absorbs fast. First impressions are good, but will have to try for a longer period of time for true evaluation.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This removes makeup like no other!!! I love it! That's all I use it for though, so I can't comment on it's moisturizing. Great price, I am running out so I'll have to get some more!

Popular Body Skincare Products