October 25, 2014 | 1107 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I've been using this product for about two weeks - got a sample sized bottle from an online auction. It's so hard to rate this kind of product, because it really is something that you may only see results when used over a longer period of time. I'm using it mainly for prevention.

I will admit, in using the SKII facial cleansing regime, my skin is clearer and smoother. It does look better - but it was looking because of the gel cleanser and clear lotion - not by using this Essence.

Hard to tell - will keep trying the Essence. This is one of the most expensive products of the SKII line - if I can do without it...

UPDATE - I'm bummed! I've been getting small rashes on my cheeks in the morning that disappear during the day. I thought maybe they were bug bites or something - but tonight, I got my answer. I usually wash my face pretty late at night and use the essence right before bedtime. Tonight, I did my facial routine a little earlier than usual and within the hour I had another one of those little rashes pop up. It's not the other SKII products, because I used those for about a month before trying the Essence. I don't have any problems with the essence on any other part of my face - even my eyes. I'm not going to waste it - my t-zone has never looked this good. I just have to avoid my cheek area. Unfortunately, I do have to take away one lippie for the rash.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by tinklemd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this product as a sample. I ran out of my Laura Mercier toner so decided to test this product. The smell is terrible, but fortunately, once it dries, the smell goes away. I can't say that it has done any better than the Laura Mercier Perfecting Water. For the price, I would definitely not buy this product, as I can find something comparable for much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by pocketelf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I love it, really.I started itching though because im using it in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide.Anyone please let me know if you have used it too with benzoyl peroxide?It lightens my wrinkles and makes my skin more even and glowing.Thanks, SK II.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by 660eugenia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. First time I have got that in miniature portion in a set. All other products of a rage did not worth of a good word not a price they were selling for but Essence was it! Judging by a smell it has bifidum of acidophilus bacteria or some by-product and according to my research it makes the best defense for a skin. Payot has a special range of products for sensitive skin based on it. But girls with that type of products it is very important to be fresh, watch for that expiry dates and get smaller packages. So the Essence does do something to my skin so it looks brighter and it soothers my dermatitis irritations. A price is sure big minus, but the smallest bottle will last you a year or so. I bought a full size bottle couple of times now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mizzaty

im going to hv my 3rd bottle of this..this 1 is great..i was breakout when 1st time using it..but it slowly 'adapt' to my skin n making my skin better n better n better..this 1 is must have..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Ollyli

first month using this product was fantastic, afterwards my skin went from great to worse, even gave me skin irritations. started getting rashes all over face, neck and even some on shoulders. My skin had a really bad reaction from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lilprincess_inluv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aug 27,2009-I've only been using this for 2 weeks. First of all, I don't know how others have been using it, but this is suppose to be used as an essence and not like a toner. Just clarifying this for anyone who got this as a gift, because I would personally mistake it for a "toner". =)
Personally, I use it as a mask every night. I saw some reviews that thought this was a wasteful technique. However, what I do is, I peel a piece of cotton into several pieces (I currently use Albion's facial cotton, which is peel-able). Make sure you buy cottons that are not pressed together. I usually take 3 peeled pieces and fold them into quarters and top them on each other. And here is my stingy way of using it: Pour some SK-II essence onto the cotton(not to the point of drenching them) and press the cotton together so they soak through. Then peel them apart and spread them on your face as a mask for 5-10 minutes. The key is to use only a limited amount of the essence and still be able to soak your face with SK-II essence for a long time. =) The peeling takes some practice as the cotton tend to stick together after I soaked them. However, drenching them one by one takes up a lot of the essence. For me, if I just put some onto my hands and dab it on my face, I don't know if it really absorbed in or if it just evaporated. This way will really let the essence sit in. So there, a poor girl's way of having her luxury. haha!

I will update with the results after I've used this for a good long time. Currently, no breakouts or anything. Skin is less oilier.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by maymay8098

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily/combo skin with occasional breakouts and mild acne scarring. What I am trying to achieve is softening of skin, smaller pores, less oil and hopefully control breakouts during that special time of the month. I started off trying the SK-II treatment mask which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I wish I could use those everyday, they made my skin so soft and a glowing bright white. I also had some small pimples that went down the next day after doing the mask. So far I've done 2 masks, and since there is so much pitera left in the packet, I refridgerate it and use it for the next few days at night time so I dont waste any extras!

Since this worked out so well for me, I decided to try the FTE. Today is my first day, I purchased from the same vendor off ebay that I got the masks from (trusted source) so I have high hopes for this product. I know some people have mixed reviews so I just hope that is DOESNT make me breakout. I have also been using the clairsonic face brush 2x a day now for the past two weeks and I think that it has really helped absorb most of this product. my skin feels so clean and soft so now I am just hoping that it will also help with uneven skin tone etc. I will update my review as I see results from FTE!

8/17/2009 Update** I have been using this for a few days now and my skin feels incredibly soft and smoother, and 2 big pimples that I had went away over night after applying the toner on my face! I think that it has helped a little bit with the overall oil control, but I am waiting longer to see more results. I love how it nicely moisturizes my face so its not dry in the dry areas and the oily areas are somewhat controlled. The bottle is abit hard to work, and there is practically no smell to it at all. I love how it feels on my skin after a long shower and absorbs very very quickly. It also does help brighten my skin too, I have noticed. Looking forward to continued usage!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this product. I have been using it for 2 months now. The most obvious difference from the first day I used this was that it made my skin very soft. Baby skin soft. After applying it, my skin feels fresher and more hydrated as well. That's about all it has done though. Nothing much in the way of sebum regulation or evening out skintone, which were the purported benefits which attracted me to buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by angelvivian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suppose this is a hit or miss kind of product. Fortunately for me, it was a hit.
I have acne-prone skin, and have been depending on Roaccutane, antibiotics and Differin to keep my breakouts under control. After reading some reviews on MUA, I decided to give the SK II line a go. And was I delighted!

I have not had a single breakout since I used the product about 2 months ago, and my skin is definitely smoother, softer and glows. My acne scars are still there, but those take time to fade, so I am not too worried about it. The only downside to the product is the smell. It can take a while to get used to, but for such results, even if it smelled like rotten cheese, I wouldn't mind putting up with it.

Definitely will repurchase, and may even look into SKII's other products.