SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 3/19/2010 6:47:00 AM

I've used this a number of times because the morning after my skin glows but this only happens for the first 2 months or so then I don't notice any difference anymore.

It is a little smelly. Initially it made me wonder whether it had gone off but apparently not as every bottle is a little stinky but its very faint and after application it disappears.

on 3/4/2010 11:39:00 PM

I have used an entire bottle of this product and I have found no changes. The liquid does feel good once its applied on the skin but after 2 minutes it does nothing. The product also smells horrible! The price tag is also expensive for smelly water that doesn't work.

on 2/16/2010 6:46:00 AM

I absolutely love this product but you need to be quite diligent in using it. Initially I did not notice any difference when I was using it randomly but due to the price, decided to try it again and used it every night for a week. My skin just glowed and I had so many people comment on it! The smell however is incredibly off putting.

on 2/4/2010 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I'm not very impressed with this product. Bought it a month ago from in flight store for USD45/50 I forgot, I got a USD10 off coupon, so I took my chances. I use it for 2-3 weeks straight, every night before I go to bed, and I don't think I see any differences. It doesn't irritate my skin or makes it red, but it does nothing as far as I notice :( thought my face has been cleared for the last 3-4 months (except those annoying times of the month) but I don't think it happened because of the essence. When I bought this I've made a peace with the huge hole in my pocket, I've got to take my chances, either this was gonna work or not.. as long as it didn't make my face worse, I think I can deal with the regret.. I got half a bottle to go, I guess I can work it as a toner, but I'm quite positive I wouldn't be buying this again..

on 1/31/2010 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am surprised this product works well on me. For the longest time I was skeptical about SKII and its miracle water which sounds nothing more than marketing gimmick. I'm glad I finally took a plunge and tried a sample of it. I have never looked back since!

For a start, I have got extremely sensitive and oily skin (oil up by 2 hours!) . Very prone to nasty blemishes as well. Am very glad that the product did not make my skin any more sensitive, yet it helps regulate my sebum level really well. On days when I have nasty acne attacks, it helps to soothe them down too.

Also, I wake up with a glow in my skin everyday after using this. A 150ml bottle usually lasts me a year, it's definitiely worth the hefty price it's tagged with.

My HG, and will definitely repurchase. I love my dewy complexion!

on 12/30/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased a sample of this just out of curiosity. Is is miracle water? No...but even so, I do quite like it.

First off, yes, it does smell. It doesn't smell nice, but I can't place my finger on what the smell actually is. However, it's not offensive in any way. I apply this after cleansing my face - put a few drops on my fingers, rub them together, and pat all over my face until it absorbs and sinks in. They say to use a cotton pad: don't do this! It absorbs much more product than your hands will absorb, so best to do it with your fingers/hands instead. I then apply my normal moisturizer and that's it.

Honestly, I haven't noticed a huge difference - after all, I only had a sample which lasted me about 2 weeks. But I am planning on purchasing a full sized bottle. I like that it makes my skin look more fresh as opposed to dull, and it seems to help with breakouts too! Makes any breakouts I have at the time go pretty quickly, and perhaps prevents them to an extent too. I only use it once every 3 or 4 days as it quickens the skin renewal and I don't want my skin being totally raw!

This is nothing miraculous, I can assure you of that. It's way too expensive aswell. But I think skincare is definately a thing to splurge on if you've found something that works well for you.

UPDATE:- I think this is breaking me out. Also my skin doesn't seem to be looking glowy or healthy anymore.

on 12/12/2009 12:34:00 PM

been using this since 2007 as a prep to get my face radiant for my wedding. and it works! pores became smaller and less noticeable and people have commented that i have a glowing complexion. only thing that did not happen was that it didn't make my oily face any less oilier but hey, if it gives me radiance, why not?
a little bit pricey, but it doesn't stop me from using it twice a day. results will be more noticeable then.

on 12/11/2009 8:45:00 AM

This is one heavily marketed product, especially in Asia, where I live in. Marketed as the "miracle water" in Asia, I had my doubts about the efficacy of SKII and their products in the past (I simply thought of the brand as one which relies heavily on advertising and celebrity endorsements).

A while back, a friend gave me a 30ml bottle of the Essence. True, it has a weird smell but it goes away after a while. I used it sparingly initially (partly because I have rather dry and slightly sensitive skin on the cheek area) but was surprised to find my dry skin becoming more moisturised and my overall skin condition becoming clearer and more smooth (the advertising tagline "crystal-clear skin" is actually working in my case!) I don't normally get pimples, but any pimple that I had also went away faster. I was happy enough with the results (if used sparingly, a 30ml bottle can last about 3 weeks) to purchase the biggest-sized bottle.

It has been 2 months since I started using SKII (i also bought the facial treatment cleanser and the skin signature cream together with the full-sized bottle of essence), and I must say this is the best skincare line I have ever used albeit expensive (however, I am glad their products come in generous sizes so they do last for quite some time).

Even in the drying winter climate here in Shanghai (where i am at currently), my skin doesn't feel tight or develop dry flakes like in previous winters. I have tried applying it with just my hands initially, but I find that using cotton pads is much better as the essence gets absorbed better into the skin through the pads.

These are the 3 basic pitera items in the SK2 line, and the results thus far has convinced me to incorporate more of their stuff into my skincare routine soon :)

on 12/6/2009 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a little sample bottle in Hong Kong. Normal size is pricey but lasts for a long time. It has the same effect on my oily skin as MAC's Fix+ (which doesn't have that odd smell SKII has). Sometimes I don't even need to use moisturizer on top of this because it's hydrating and can control my oiliness.

on 12/3/2009 9:46:00 PM

I am almost at the end of a big bottle. I don't think it is doing anything for me. Shame on Cate Blanchatt. What a waste of my hard earn money. I am totally disgusted by this product. And it stinks like crazy!

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated SKII Products