November 28, 2014 | 1874 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by scanmike

My friend let me try this product. I have never used a primer before so I have nothing else to compare it to. I was very happy with the way this enhanced my foundation. I used it twice. Once with Jane Iredale pressed powder and once with La Mer liquid foundation. I could see a noticeable difference and it lasted all day. Never felt greasy. I also tried the Photo Finish normal and I didn't like it. I could actually see the powder as if it seemed to float on top of it. It did feel silky going on, but it only seemed to make powder foundation look more noticeable. Stick with the light formula. Unless I break out, I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this did help control the oil better than the original photo finish, my foundation did not sit well on my skin. It looked like it sat on top of my skin. It's a no better primer than the MAC Prep + Prime. I much prefer the original photo finish over this even though I have to blot more but the finish is beautiful. I will not repurchase, its not worth the price for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Made me break out will not purchase again. It does stop the break through shine but not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by inspired04

Made me break out in small little bumps. Too bad, since I liked how it looked under my foundation while it lasted......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I love this stuff...my skin is combo/oily so I don't like the silicone feel of the regular Photo Finish...Great texture..a little thick but I let it sink in before I apply my liquid foundation. Overall, this would be considered one of the HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ch0pstiks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried the regular Photo Finish, so I can't compare this to it. I've been using Photo Finish Light for about 2 months now and at first I didn't notice that it was even doing anything. I began to use it every other day just to see whether or not it was actually working. I have noticed that my skin is less oily on the days that I wear it and my foundation does go on a little smoother. It doesn't last all day, at least not as long as it should for the price. It is worth noting that it hasn't broken me out yet, so I'll continue using it until it's all gone. I wouldn't repurchase this unless it were about half the price I paid for it (close to 40 bucks).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by eerielle143

This is pretty pricey for what it is. I think it is okay. It is light and has a lotion texture unlike the original. Overall, it is much better than the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Adds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the sample size of this product 3-4 months ago and am still using it! I am glad that this primer does not break me out; it also smooths the appearance of my face. It also helps keep my foundation stay longer. I only have to blot once during the day to keep my oily skin (due to the hot humid summer weather) looking fresh!

The only downside is the price, the sample sized tube was 28 dollars (since I live in Canada) for 15 ml. I will probably be repurchasing since this product did not break me out. However the price is my only concern!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cdoll12

Pros:
- helps to create a smooth canvas
- is formulated for acne-proned skin and oily skin. I found it doesn't make me break out
- short set time (i found that with the original photo finish primer, I had to wait a couple minutes for it to set before I could apply my makeup)
- non-greasy feel/finish compared to original primer
- spreading product is easy because it has a lotion consistency
- helps makeup last longer (although i still need to blot once a day)
- a little product goes a long way
- comes in pump bottle so it's mess free and dispenses the right amount of product each time

Cons:
- price, smashbox primers are quite expensive. I suggest picking up the bottle at a duty-free. At sephora the bottle comes to about $45 + 13% tax whereas at the duty free it was about $35. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jubeywho

This primer works really well to have the appearance of smooth skin. This is the first primer i've used so i dont have anything yet to compare it to. I dont think i will buy it again because of the price and because i need something more mattifying. It made make up application smoother but did nothing to make it last any longer than normal.