August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Made me break out will not purchase again. It does stop the break through shine but not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by inspired04

Made me break out in small little bumps. Too bad, since I liked how it looked under my foundation while it lasted......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I love this stuff...my skin is combo/oily so I don't like the silicone feel of the regular Photo Finish...Great texture..a little thick but I let it sink in before I apply my liquid foundation. Overall, this would be considered one of the HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ch0pstiks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried the regular Photo Finish, so I can't compare this to it. I've been using Photo Finish Light for about 2 months now and at first I didn't notice that it was even doing anything. I began to use it every other day just to see whether or not it was actually working. I have noticed that my skin is less oily on the days that I wear it and my foundation does go on a little smoother. It doesn't last all day, at least not as long as it should for the price. It is worth noting that it hasn't broken me out yet, so I'll continue using it until it's all gone. I wouldn't repurchase this unless it were about half the price I paid for it (close to 40 bucks).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by eerielle143

This is pretty pricey for what it is. I think it is okay. It is light and has a lotion texture unlike the original. Overall, it is much better than the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Adds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the sample size of this product 3-4 months ago and am still using it! I am glad that this primer does not break me out; it also smooths the appearance of my face. It also helps keep my foundation stay longer. I only have to blot once during the day to keep my oily skin (due to the hot humid summer weather) looking fresh!

The only downside is the price, the sample sized tube was 28 dollars (since I live in Canada) for 15 ml. I will probably be repurchasing since this product did not break me out. However the price is my only concern!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cdoll12

Pros:
- helps to create a smooth canvas
- is formulated for acne-proned skin and oily skin. I found it doesn't make me break out
- short set time (i found that with the original photo finish primer, I had to wait a couple minutes for it to set before I could apply my makeup)
- non-greasy feel/finish compared to original primer
- spreading product is easy because it has a lotion consistency
- helps makeup last longer (although i still need to blot once a day)
- a little product goes a long way
- comes in pump bottle so it's mess free and dispenses the right amount of product each time

Cons:
- price, smashbox primers are quite expensive. I suggest picking up the bottle at a duty-free. At sephora the bottle comes to about $45 + 13% tax whereas at the duty free it was about $35. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jubeywho

This primer works really well to have the appearance of smooth skin. This is the first primer i've used so i dont have anything yet to compare it to. I dont think i will buy it again because of the price and because i need something more mattifying. It made make up application smoother but did nothing to make it last any longer than normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by StphVal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that my foundation rarely last a whole day, I'm lucky if it even stays put till noon. So after 2 years of reading about this primer, I decided "well why the hell not". Now the only primer I've tried before was the regular primer from MAC and I hated it with a passion. So finally I got this one. I was kind of scared of wanting the product to work sooo bad that it wouldn't. So off I went to Sephora, I first tried a sample and loved it but was afraid I was making myself like it. After test trying it, I got so many comments on my skin, it was insane. I work at a Hotel so I deal with customers none stop. I got comments from so many people (men & women) that I just had to buy it. This makes my skin look amazing and my foundation lasts without lying to you...ALL DAY. I always look fresh & smooth. To me this is magic in a bottle. Will definitely will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Rhythm21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Things I love:
-soft, clean finish
-matte but not ghostly
-smooths fine lines & pores
-evens out my skintone
My only gripe is that I notice it sometimes dries leaving whitish, dusty patches even though I know I thoroughly blended it in. When I asked a sephora rep about it, she said it might be the dimethi- ingredient.. but it still is supposed to dry completely clear. Even though everything else about this product is so great, I won't buy this again because I don't want to risk looking like I have dried milk on my face.