Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 1/24/2010 1:06:00 AM

This is my favorite primer I have come across. It is light and perfect for people with oily/combo skin, but it also effective! It helps my foundation stay longer and helps it go on smoothly. I mean it's not perfect and of course some foundation is going to wear off after a long day, but it's the best I have found so far. I dislike how expensive it is, but that's what you get.. I tried some cheaper primers and was very disappointed. Gotta stick with Smashbox for now!

on 1/17/2010 7:16:00 AM

I used to use the regular Photo Finish Primer and loved the texture of it (unlike most), but it did leave my face very oily and I could probably blame a very break-outs on it. I went for a while without using a primer, but decided to try this to see how it worked. I have to say, I was very impressed. It goes on less oily and definitely helps my make-up stay all day. I don't agree with the claim about keeping you matte all day, because I have to do periodic powder touch-ups, but as far as primers go, this is the best I've found so I'll continue to buy it. The biggest con = a little pricy, but it does last a while because you don't need much.

on 1/16/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I rely on primers and have used this for many years. I recently got the tinted primer (looks tan) and not too impressed with that. I've received other drugstore brand primers during my swaps and must say that I don't notice anything special about Smashbox's primer when comparing them except for the high price they charge. Perhaps they were one of the first hyped brands for primer, but it's not worth purchasing in my opinion. Stick with drugstore primers - they're pretty much all the same.

on 1/16/2010 5:35:00 PM

This is a great primer! I do have to say - I have dry/non-acne prone skin, so this is a review for my skin type. It helps keep my makeup in place. Just for your reference, I pair this with Chanel - Vita Lumiere liquid foundation. Normally, my foundation would evaporate somehow by the end of the day...but not with this product. LOVE this!

on 1/16/2010 5:20:00 PM

This is my first primer. I bought this b/c Sephora rated it as their number one primer & I read many other rave reviews from various sources. When first smoothed on, it feels great on my skin. I don't really notice a difference in the look of my skin after application, & I don't feel like my foundation stays on any longer. I still get a greasy t-zone by mid-day. I gave it 3 lippies b/c I have yet to try another primer to compare this to.

on 1/6/2010 10:40:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product but I don't. It goes on the skin really smooth. I didn't see a change in the texture of my skin or a difference in the size of my pores. It felt really greasy on my face which was not good b/c I already have really oily skin to begin with. It didnt make my foundation stay on any longer. It also made me oily faster. Had to blot sooner than usual. I've used it a couple of time and I get a lot of little bumps after everytime i use it. The bumps would be worth it if this product did what it claims. Acne prone and oily skin beware!!!

on 1/2/2010 8:18:00 PM

I bought this to help even out my skin before applying foundation. It does improve the quality of my skin pre-foundation, and my makeup does stay on a lot longer than before. I still get the greasies, but it isn't until the end of the day, when I'm ready to remove my makeup anyway. This product works pretty well for me.

UPDATE: I strayed away from Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer and tried something cheaper for a while. While the cheaper product gave great glide under my make-up, it did nothing for my pores or greasiness. Photo Finish Light is a far superior product in my eyes.

on 12/25/2009 4:25:00 AM

I love this primer, I get fairly oily but if I use this under my foundation I have a matte finish that lasts all day. I have acne-prone skin and it has never made my break out.

on 12/24/2009 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've tried lots of primers and this is by far my fave. Is lightweight but allows foundation to sit smooth and last much longer on my face. Will always be buying this!

on 12/12/2009 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My first time using a primer, it really helps my makeup stays on. I got acne prone skin and so far this light version works well with me.