October 24, 2014 | 1665 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by nidusm

I used fresh lemon slices a few years back all over my face and broke out in horrible cystic acne ever since that I experience I never went close to anything that had lemon in it. I just recently broke out in adult acne which I dealt with for over 8 months and it left some pretty bad scars. I decided that I would give lemon a try again but this time I squeezed out one tablespoon of lemon juice and diluted it with one tablespoon of water (as suggested by some MUA users thank you so much btw!) and applied it in two layers (i let the first application dry and then add another coat) and let it sit for 40 minutes then I wash it off using my cleanser. Alternating every other night, I use a banana and brown sugar scrub. The results have been great, it didn't happen over night. I've been doing this consistently for about two months now lol it''s been a mission but I really wanted my skin to go back to the way it used to be. I've noticed a significant reduction in the acne scars and my skin feels smooth. Last year I felt little bumps underneath my skin and it would annoy me to 100th degree but those are almost all gone. Lemon juice is beautiful gift from nature. I'm so glad I gave it a try!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that lemon juice on its own is too drying for my combo skin with dry parts, but I found a use for it. It works great in a rhassoul clay mask! What I do is add 50% freshly squeezed lemon juice and 50% (cold) strong green tea (or any other herbal tea) or aloe vera juice to rhassoul clay powder.
I believe that lemon juice gives it an extra "kick". It does sting slightly but that means it's working. :)) When I wash off the mask, my skin is slightly red but feels clean. When the redness goes away, I'm left with more evened out skin and clean pores.

I'm pretty sure lemon juice would work in any other face mask used instead of water. (or 50/50, do what works best for you). Nothing beats 100% natural, fresh ingredients you can find in your own kitchen! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by MomEthanjnr

what else can we say about lemon cheap to find easy to use natural one of the products that works magic on my skin my skin get lighter some of my spots are getting cleared off I have used it for a week but I can see huge improvements I think is one of my favourite natural product that rocks

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

The one standout point about using lemon juice on my skin is that it prevented my skin from getting new breakouts. I mixed lemon juice with a bit of distilled water and applied it like a toner at night. Initially after applying it, I had a few new pimples but after the third/fourth day my skin was clear. After that period, I didn't get any new breakouts even when I was stuffing my face with sugary junk (I usually break out if I do that).

I didn't like the stinging sensation I get everytime I apply it so I didn't stick with this routine for too long.

Another effective method I discovered with lemon juice is to mix milk powder with lemon juice until it forms a paste. Apply paste on to towel-dried cleansed skin and leave on for 5-10 minutes. This brightened my complexion very well. One negative part is that it has to be done regularly in order to maintain the results; but when I did this too often, my skin became sensitive.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Thanks to MUA, I've been experimenting with natural & inexpensive beauty treatments. I would never think to put lemons on my face. My experience with lemon juice was that it gave me similar results from what Peter Thomas Roth's max complexion pads did for a lot less money. Also, even though this slightly burns initally, it fades fast and wasn't as harsh and it didn't irritate my skin like witch hazel. Lemon juice smooths out the skin nicely. I leave it on for a few hours than rinse. I rinse because I don't like the slightly sticky feeling it leaves on my skin. Lemon juice really does brighten my skin making it less dull and it is slightly fading some old acne scaring. Also, it has eliminated the blackheads on my nose more effectively than my Biore scrub. However, I haven't noticed any change in the size of my pores or relief to my breakouts. But, for blackheads and softness, I do recommend lemon juice for as a nice inexpensive toner.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by fading_visions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lemon juice is AMAZING. I swear by it. Other than my daily moisturizer, I prefer not to buy products for skincare because I feel like it's best to take a natural approach to skincare. I can't imagine how it would help your skin to put chemicals on it.

There are a few different ways I use lemons/lemon juice:
- Straight from the lemon, no diluting. All over the face as an overnight treatment. It keeps my skin looking fresh and glowing because it naturally exfoliates.
- Warm water with a slice of lemon first thing in the morning to flush out toxins. Generally though, I just have a slice of lemon in my water whenever I have water.
- Spot treatment for acne scars/sun spots
- Lemon + brown sugar scrub

Results:
- Clearer skin
- Fading scars
- Brighter, more glowy skin
- Almost NO blackheads
- Less breakouts

I'm sure there are a thousand more ways to use lemons and a thousand more good things it does for you but they are amazing.

Fyi, I did not experience any kind of purging effect at all.

Edit: I hate to edit this glowing review, but I have to. If you have very sensitive skin, it's important to dilute or only apply on spots that need it. I moved back to the west coast from the east coast where it's less smoggy and humid. My skin here is dry and tight and sensitive, especially my cheeks. I used lemon juice like I usually do for the first time since moving back here and the next day I woke up with awful,itchy, red hives all over my cheeks!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jmystery757

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily acne-prone skin with large pores. I found some lemon juice lying around and remember it was recommended as a natural astringent. I decided to give it a try and dabbed a bit on a cotton ball and lightly dabbed it on my face. I don't have sensitive skin, so this didn't burn too badly. After a couple of days of using this method, I have noticed an improvement in my skin tone and texture. My skin looks brighter, less oily, and my pores look smaller and my skin feels smoother. It also helps dry out any acne and I notice a reduction in the amount of pimples I get on my cheeks and forehead. I use this every other night before bed (don't use this in the day-time, it will make your skin photo-sensitive and you will be more prone to getting sunburns and sun-damage) and I really like how cheap and effective this is. Other toners and astringents didn't really do much for me, but lemon juice has definitely improved the clarity and tone of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mimie

Its unbeleivable how good lemonjuice is!!! I am in love! It makes my skin sooo soo soft! I don't have pimples or acne but only my chin area has some blackheads. I've tried every product in the market but nothing was effective. Lemons just disapeared them! I get so angry about the money i've lost, when the solution was sitting in my friedge!
I use fresh lemonjuice with a cottonball and some sugar on it (once a week) before i go to bed (u don't wanna do this at day time) and i am soo clean and my skin glows!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah...I too tried lemon juice because of all the rave reviews. I have freckles on my nose, which I asbolutely HATE and would give anything to get rid of them (unfortunately I don't have the money to get rid of them at a clinic or something). Lemon juice helps lighten them somewhat - no, not completely - but a slight reduction of the pigmentation of them. I'm sure if I continue using it for a few more months they'll almost disappear!

I use lemon juice once a week, after cleansing. I apply it with a cotton ball all over my face, leave on for 20mins, then remove it with my usual toner, then follow up with serum and moisturiser. It makes my normal/combo oily skin less greasy. It sometimes stings, but it's not unbearable. I don't get any irritation from it, despite me having sensitive skin. It makes my skin look so radiant and fresh...and makes my skin feel so clean, like I've had a facial. It helps in reducing breakouts, makes those nasty red blemishes smaller, preventing breakouts.

Make sure you use fresh lemon juice, freshly squeezed from a lemon, for best results. I really do like this and thank all you MUA ladies from the bottom of my heart for letting me know about this!

NOTE:- Lemon juice *will* make your skin more prone to sun damage. Make sure you wear broadspectrum SPF 50 every time you go outside to avoid damage, burning or early ageing! Also, if it irritates your skin (makes it red, burn etc) then don't use it. It's your skin telling you that it is too harsh.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lgray

After reading all the reviews on MUA I figured I'd give lemon juice a try and I'm very glad that I did! For the last few nights after washing my face I've been taking a thin slice of lemon and rubbing it all over my face, concentrating on my t-zone, which for me is usually very oily. I go lighter on other areas of the face that tend to be a little drier... Oh and avoid your brows! I leave it to try while I brush my teeth and then wash it off. Note: for me as it dries it's very itichy. After I wash I put on my regular nighttime moisturizer.

I love the lemon juice because it's so economical and all natural. I have noticed a big difference in the size of the pores on my nose (they are now non-existent.) I also love the way my skin feels after I wash off the lemon juice (really really clean) and when I wake up in the morning I'm not the oily mess that I usually am. I took off one lipstick because I have one pimple right now that it doesn't seem to be doing a thing for it... My skin is generally very clear and I was hoping that hitting this one zit with some lemon juice would be the miracle hit, but it doesn't seem to be going away any faster than it usually would. I'm not sure if it's just my skin or this particular pimple.

Overall, you'd be crazy not to try lemon juice. It's a great before-bed toner if you have areas that are generally oily on your face!!