July 28, 2014 | 1725 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by fading_visions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lemon juice is AMAZING. I swear by it. Other than my daily moisturizer, I prefer not to buy products for skincare because I feel like it's best to take a natural approach to skincare. I can't imagine how it would help your skin to put chemicals on it.

There are a few different ways I use lemons/lemon juice:
- Straight from the lemon, no diluting. All over the face as an overnight treatment. It keeps my skin looking fresh and glowing because it naturally exfoliates.
- Warm water with a slice of lemon first thing in the morning to flush out toxins. Generally though, I just have a slice of lemon in my water whenever I have water.
- Spot treatment for acne scars/sun spots
- Lemon + brown sugar scrub

Results:
- Clearer skin
- Fading scars
- Brighter, more glowy skin
- Almost NO blackheads
- Less breakouts

I'm sure there are a thousand more ways to use lemons and a thousand more good things it does for you but they are amazing.

Fyi, I did not experience any kind of purging effect at all.

Edit: I hate to edit this glowing review, but I have to. If you have very sensitive skin, it's important to dilute or only apply on spots that need it. I moved back to the west coast from the east coast where it's less smoggy and humid. My skin here is dry and tight and sensitive, especially my cheeks. I used lemon juice like I usually do for the first time since moving back here and the next day I woke up with awful,itchy, red hives all over my cheeks!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jmystery757

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily acne-prone skin with large pores. I found some lemon juice lying around and remember it was recommended as a natural astringent. I decided to give it a try and dabbed a bit on a cotton ball and lightly dabbed it on my face. I don't have sensitive skin, so this didn't burn too badly. After a couple of days of using this method, I have noticed an improvement in my skin tone and texture. My skin looks brighter, less oily, and my pores look smaller and my skin feels smoother. It also helps dry out any acne and I notice a reduction in the amount of pimples I get on my cheeks and forehead. I use this every other night before bed (don't use this in the day-time, it will make your skin photo-sensitive and you will be more prone to getting sunburns and sun-damage) and I really like how cheap and effective this is. Other toners and astringents didn't really do much for me, but lemon juice has definitely improved the clarity and tone of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mimie

Its unbeleivable how good lemonjuice is!!! I am in love! It makes my skin sooo soo soft! I don't have pimples or acne but only my chin area has some blackheads. I've tried every product in the market but nothing was effective. Lemons just disapeared them! I get so angry about the money i've lost, when the solution was sitting in my friedge!
I use fresh lemonjuice with a cottonball and some sugar on it (once a week) before i go to bed (u don't wanna do this at day time) and i am soo clean and my skin glows!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah...I too tried lemon juice because of all the rave reviews. I have freckles on my nose, which I asbolutely HATE and would give anything to get rid of them (unfortunately I don't have the money to get rid of them at a clinic or something). Lemon juice helps lighten them somewhat - no, not completely - but a slight reduction of the pigmentation of them. I'm sure if I continue using it for a few more months they'll almost disappear!

I use lemon juice once a week, after cleansing. I apply it with a cotton ball all over my face, leave on for 20mins, then remove it with my usual toner, then follow up with serum and moisturiser. It makes my normal/combo oily skin less greasy. It sometimes stings, but it's not unbearable. I don't get any irritation from it, despite me having sensitive skin. It makes my skin look so radiant and fresh...and makes my skin feel so clean, like I've had a facial. It helps in reducing breakouts, makes those nasty red blemishes smaller, preventing breakouts.

Make sure you use fresh lemon juice, freshly squeezed from a lemon, for best results. I really do like this and thank all you MUA ladies from the bottom of my heart for letting me know about this!

NOTE:- Lemon juice *will* make your skin more prone to sun damage. Make sure you wear broadspectrum SPF 50 every time you go outside to avoid damage, burning or early ageing! Also, if it irritates your skin (makes it red, burn etc) then don't use it. It's your skin telling you that it is too harsh.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lgray

After reading all the reviews on MUA I figured I'd give lemon juice a try and I'm very glad that I did! For the last few nights after washing my face I've been taking a thin slice of lemon and rubbing it all over my face, concentrating on my t-zone, which for me is usually very oily. I go lighter on other areas of the face that tend to be a little drier... Oh and avoid your brows! I leave it to try while I brush my teeth and then wash it off. Note: for me as it dries it's very itichy. After I wash I put on my regular nighttime moisturizer.

I love the lemon juice because it's so economical and all natural. I have noticed a big difference in the size of the pores on my nose (they are now non-existent.) I also love the way my skin feels after I wash off the lemon juice (really really clean) and when I wake up in the morning I'm not the oily mess that I usually am. I took off one lipstick because I have one pimple right now that it doesn't seem to be doing a thing for it... My skin is generally very clear and I was hoping that hitting this one zit with some lemon juice would be the miracle hit, but it doesn't seem to be going away any faster than it usually would. I'm not sure if it's just my skin or this particular pimple.

Overall, you'd be crazy not to try lemon juice. It's a great before-bed toner if you have areas that are generally oily on your face!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using lemon juice on my skin for years. I used to muck about w/ juicing it and applying the juice w/ cotton. Now I just chop a fresh lemon in half and rub the cut side on my face (or hands/feet/etc). Let it soak in for 5-10min, reapplying as it dries, and then rinse. it works great for exfoliating the skin and clearing up acne. I use it when my skin feels congested or just needs a boost. lemons will keep in the fridge for a long time, and of course they're very cheap. You can also do this w/ fresh tomatoes; not as exfoliating, but definitely brightens skin and fights acne.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by elwoods17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! I wish I had discovered this sooner! I have been using a vitamic C serum and I really liked the effect I was getting with it. It really evens skin tone and makes face look brighter! But serums can be so expensive! I paid 30 bucks for a small .5 oz bottle of Ole Henriksen Truth Serum! So, I thought why not use a fruit that is packed with vitamin C on my face? From my reading, I hear that vitamin c is very hard to keep bottled and fresh bc it looses its effect when not fresh so really it makes sense to make your own.

I made a little bottle of lemon juice (from fresh squeezed lemons) and diluted it with fresh spring water. The ratio is 2 parts lemon juice and 1 part water. I wash my face and then put some on my clean hand and run into skin on face. Then I put on my face lotion. I have been doing this about 3 to 4 times a week for 2 weeks now (morning and sometimes night). My face is brighter and some dark spots I had have lightened! I don't need to wear foundation to even the area out around my nose and chin. :)

Highly recommend this great home remedy!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by zexactly

I've been using the bottled lemon juice soaked into a cotton ball and apply it all over my face like a toner. I let it dry, apply aloe vera gel (which glides very smoothly over my face :)) and then go to sleep. I've been doing this for a week now and my skin is noticably smoother, brighter, and less flaky. Usually my skin is never clear, I almost always have at least 1 or 2 of those nasty pus pimples, but I haven't got one of those ever since I started using lemon juice. I will update this review later with results :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by StupidCupid4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using lemon juice on my skin 4 weeks ago, hoping that it would clear up some stubborn acne I've always had on my chin while lightening the scars in the area. My skin is really oily and acne-prone, though i really only get pimples on my chin and the occasional one on my cheeks or nose.

I prepare the juice by squeezing an entire lemon (quite time-consuming) and letting the juice go into a cup. I then pour the juice into an already prepared "strainer", which is a coffee filter placed inside a small colander and a bowl underneath to catch the juice. After letting it sit for a few hours, the juice is free of pulp (Important, as a clogged spray bottle is NOT easy to fix) and easily pours into a small spray bottle I'm using (It's actually an old LUSH Tea Tree Water bottle, which is great since it's made of black plastic and doesn't let any light in to spoil the juice.) I keep it in the fridge so the juice stays fresh and the cold spritz feels nice and refreshing :)

This juice lasts me a good week, I use it 2-3 times a day -- and sometimes in my hair since it's summer -- and don't bother rinsing it off. Sometimes the juice stings or itches a little, but the uncomfortable sensation goes away within a minute. Oh! Forgot to add that I upped my face sunblock SPF from 30 to 45 since starting with the lemon juice.

Now for the results:

Just need to point out that I decided to stop my Proactiv treatment cold turkey because after 5 years of use it wasn't nearly as effective anymore. So the lemon juice treatment was started literally the next day after stopping with Benzoyl Peroxide, which my skin does pretty well with. I wash my face with the green L'Oreal cleanser and scrublet in its place.

Anyhoo, my chin pimples started to flare up and I got a couple of little whiteheads on my face about the 2nd week into the treatment. This didn't really faze me, since I had a 2 month long purging period when I first started Proactiv, and waiting this time out yielded BEAUTIFUL results. So I vowed that I would always allow at least 2 months before swearing off a treatment for good. A month in, the lemon juice is definitely helping my skin -- not really with the oiliness, but it feels softer and dries pimples up immediately. No horrible zits or cysts have popped up since starting, either. As far as the red marks / scarring on my chin, I haven't noticed any sort of difference yet. I have yet to see the "miracle results" that many other MUA users have claimed to see, but I'm going to give it another month before I decide whether or not to continue. Also, about a week ago I introduced honey and aspirin masks into the picture, which I think may be helping in conjunction with the lemon.

Overall, lemon juice is cheap (3 lemons for a dollar!), easy, and natural. While cutting, juicing, and straining it can be time consuming, I like my little system I've got going on. Giving the juice 3 stars for now, since it seems to be helping but not miraculously. Will update in another month to see if things get better or worse!

P.S. -- Since I have lemons around my house all the time now, I've been adding a slice or two to my water glass a couple of times a day. I hear that lemon is supposed to be cleansing or something to that extent? Eh, I'll drink it for the taste alone!

***UPDATE:
2 months in, the rating will be staying at 3 lippies. Doesn't make my skin worse, but hasn't helped clear it fully either. I have noticed no change in scar discoloration on my chin. I think I just need to accept that my acne responds best to BP (I used Zapzyt cream over the lemon juice one day and it dried up most of my existing pimples.) I'll continue to use the treatment, as it is helping a little and is natural/affordable.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sdk

i went through a time when i came back from holiday and had lost alottt of weight due to not eating that much and what i did eat wasnt very fattening... im the type of person that if i am not eating enough food and my weight drops my skin will break out and just get dull..
i had the most horrible skin of my life not even my teenage spots were ever this bad.. i had terrible skin it was unbeleivable it was like somone else's skin.. i searched online for lots of different ideas to getting my skin back to normal lemon juice was probably the only thing that helped!.. what lemon juice did for me was take the redness away from all the scarring and quite quickly aswell and something which i wasnt expecting is that it evened out my skin tone perfectly as i have slight pigmention arounf my mouth..
havent needed to use this ever since.. but what i do use is no7 p&p serum this is 'the' serum it takes away redness pigmentation and helps keep your skin smooth for days after exfoliating..