Lemon Juice

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lemon juice... wow.

My friend used to tell me to put lemon for my pimples a long time ago, but my mom always stopped me because it 'dries out' your skin. And it stings!

Recently I tried it again, and the results were... shocking. At first, I diliuted it with water, but gradually decreased the amount until i'm using pure lemon juice.

The first two days, not much difference. At least that's what I think. But after a while, I realised that lemon juice does more in preventing your pimples than actually reducing your current ones. And by the end of the week, my spots reduced by half, and lightened my older scars. :O MUCH better than expected.

Only thing I don't like about this is the fact that I have to squeeze it out myself. ;p It's better though- fresher. Remember to put moisturiser after this though.

I use this daily, or every other day, depending on how diligent I feel. It's a must for my acne though, if I 'forgot' to put this on for more than 2 days, I get breakouts. D:

on 10/13/2010 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the BEST blemish fighter for me period! not only that it does not contain chemicals , it also tightens my skin as well.
Hot towel your face . Rub lemon juice all over , repeat for several nights and wa la! Blackheads extracted .

on 10/13/2010 12:45:00 PM

I used fresh lemon slices a few years back all over my face and broke out in horrible cystic acne ever since that I experience I never went close to anything that had lemon in it. I just recently broke out in adult acne which I dealt with for over 8 months and it left some pretty bad scars. I decided that I would give lemon a try again but this time I squeezed out one tablespoon of lemon juice and diluted it with one tablespoon of water (as suggested by some MUA users thank you so much btw!) and applied it in two layers (i let the first application dry and then add another coat) and let it sit for 40 minutes then I wash it off using my cleanser. Alternating every other night, I use a banana and brown sugar scrub. The results have been great, it didn't happen over night. I've been doing this consistently for about two months now lol it''s been a mission but I really wanted my skin to go back to the way it used to be. I've noticed a significant reduction in the acne scars and my skin feels smooth. Last year I felt little bumps underneath my skin and it would annoy me to 100th degree but those are almost all gone. Lemon juice is beautiful gift from nature. I'm so glad I gave it a try!

I find that lemon juice on its own is too drying for my combo skin with dry parts, but I found a use for it. It works great in a rhassoul clay mask! What I do is add 50% freshly squeezed lemon juice and 50% (cold) strong green tea (or any other herbal tea) or aloe vera juice to rhassoul clay powder.
I believe that lemon juice gives it an extra "kick". It does sting slightly but that means it's working. :)) When I wash off the mask, my skin is slightly red but feels clean. When the redness goes away, I'm left with more evened out skin and clean pores.

I'm pretty sure lemon juice would work in any other face mask used instead of water. (or 50/50, do what works best for you). Nothing beats 100% natural, fresh ingredients you can find in your own kitchen! :)

on 10/2/2010 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

what else can we say about lemon cheap to find easy to use natural one of the products that works magic on my skin my skin get lighter some of my spots are getting cleared off I have used it for a week but I can see huge improvements I think is one of my favourite natural product that rocks

on 9/30/2010 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The one standout point about using lemon juice on my skin is that it prevented my skin from getting new breakouts. I mixed lemon juice with a bit of distilled water and applied it like a toner at night. Initially after applying it, I had a few new pimples but after the third/fourth day my skin was clear. After that period, I didn't get any new breakouts even when I was stuffing my face with sugary junk (I usually break out if I do that).

I didn't like the stinging sensation I get everytime I apply it so I didn't stick with this routine for too long.

Another effective method I discovered with lemon juice is to mix milk powder with lemon juice until it forms a paste. Apply paste on to towel-dried cleansed skin and leave on for 5-10 minutes. This brightened my complexion very well. One negative part is that it has to be done regularly in order to maintain the results; but when I did this too often, my skin became sensitive.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Thanks to MUA, I've been experimenting with natural & inexpensive beauty treatments. I would never think to put lemons on my face. My experience with lemon juice was that it gave me similar results from what Peter Thomas Roth's max complexion pads did for a lot less money. Also, even though this slightly burns initally, it fades fast and wasn't as harsh and it didn't irritate my skin like witch hazel. Lemon juice smooths out the skin nicely. I leave it on for a few hours than rinse. I rinse because I don't like the slightly sticky feeling it leaves on my skin. Lemon juice really does brighten my skin making it less dull and it is slightly fading some old acne scaring. Also, it has eliminated the blackheads on my nose more effectively than my Biore scrub. However, I haven't noticed any change in the size of my pores or relief to my breakouts. But, for blackheads and softness, I do recommend lemon juice for as a nice inexpensive toner.

Lemon juice is AMAZING. I swear by it. Other than my daily moisturizer, I prefer not to buy products for skincare because I feel like it's best to take a natural approach to skincare. I can't imagine how it would help your skin to put chemicals on it.

There are a few different ways I use lemons/lemon juice:
- Straight from the lemon, no diluting. All over the face as an overnight treatment. It keeps my skin looking fresh and glowing because it naturally exfoliates.
- Warm water with a slice of lemon first thing in the morning to flush out toxins. Generally though, I just have a slice of lemon in my water whenever I have water.
- Spot treatment for acne scars/sun spots
- Lemon + brown sugar scrub

Results:
- Clearer skin
- Fading scars
- Brighter, more glowy skin
- Almost NO blackheads
- Less breakouts

I'm sure there are a thousand more ways to use lemons and a thousand more good things it does for you but they are amazing.

Fyi, I did not experience any kind of purging effect at all.

Edit: I hate to edit this glowing review, but I have to. If you have very sensitive skin, it's important to dilute or only apply on spots that need it. I moved back to the west coast from the east coast where it's less smoggy and humid. My skin here is dry and tight and sensitive, especially my cheeks. I used lemon juice like I usually do for the first time since moving back here and the next day I woke up with awful,itchy, red hives all over my cheeks!!!

on 9/18/2010 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have oily acne-prone skin with large pores. I found some lemon juice lying around and remember it was recommended as a natural astringent. I decided to give it a try and dabbed a bit on a cotton ball and lightly dabbed it on my face. I don't have sensitive skin, so this didn't burn too badly. After a couple of days of using this method, I have noticed an improvement in my skin tone and texture. My skin looks brighter, less oily, and my pores look smaller and my skin feels smoother. It also helps dry out any acne and I notice a reduction in the amount of pimples I get on my cheeks and forehead. I use this every other night before bed (don't use this in the day-time, it will make your skin photo-sensitive and you will be more prone to getting sunburns and sun-damage) and I really like how cheap and effective this is. Other toners and astringents didn't really do much for me, but lemon juice has definitely improved the clarity and tone of my skin.

on 8/28/2010 10:53:00 AM

Its unbeleivable how good lemonjuice is!!! I am in love! It makes my skin sooo soo soft! I don't have pimples or acne but only my chin area has some blackheads. I've tried every product in the market but nothing was effective. Lemons just disapeared them! I get so angry about the money i've lost, when the solution was sitting in my friedge!
I use fresh lemonjuice with a cottonball and some sugar on it (once a week) before i go to bed (u don't wanna do this at day time) and i am soo clean and my skin glows!

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products