December 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very strong, so dilute it well. It is also very liquidy, and you can easily use too much. It will tingle on your private parts long after you rinse. It has a strong candy cane smell. Reading the bottle is addictive. If you are indulging other addictions as you read, the information will be that much more amusing and fascinating.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2005 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ThaOnly0ne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I loved the smell, the soap was too harsh on my already dry skin. I wanted to try this because it was all natural but overlooked the fact that peppermint is not actually moisturizing. What got on my nerves was the freakin' bottle. I bought the 32 oz. and dropped it on my toe a few times cuz it was so heavy. The consistency of it is rather watery so that makes it harder to dilute and harder to pour. Don't use this on your face (I learned the hard way). The plus of this product is that it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by cccb

This is not a soap you would want to shower with at bedtime - too invigorating, but would be great for that wake-up shower. Leaves your skin feeling soft & clean, definite pepperminty fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm quite the fan of this liquid soap. I bought the 16 oz bottle a few months ago and used it all up in no time flat. I do everything with this stuff. I clean my toilets, wash my makeup brushes and use it as a hand soap. It's not drying and doesn't strip the moisture out of my skin. I did try to use it as a body wash, but it doesn't lather much, so it wasn't a very satisfying experience. But it did make my skin tingle, when I shaved my legs with it. I do keep it away from my sensitive bits, since the peppermint can be quite bracing. I'd most definitely buy it again, but it keeps selling out at the health food store near me. I guess I'm not the only one who likes it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Sugar_Snack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dr. Bronner's soaps rock! I use the Peppermint to clean my riding tack (good for all leather goods!) The Tea Tree (good for fungus and dandruff) and Lavender (good for calming skin and bug bites) on my horse - he smells so good! In the shower I use the Lavender and Unscented (I use the Unscented mostly for back country camping so it doesn't attract bears - eek!). Also useful for washing dishes when camping.

One note: these soaps can be drying if not diluted and rinsed properly. Always follow up with a nice moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2005 10:01:00 PM More reviews by shadowxtime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap! The smell is so strong and nostalgic. It can be a little intense, that's why I like to dilute my bottles with water, it's more economical too... no that it could be any cheaper to begin with, and it comes with excellent reading material! Is Dr. Bronner still alive? I'd like to meet him some day! Nothing gets you cleaner.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2005 10:44:00 PM More reviews by CharmeC

I was titillated by the idea of a peppermint soap, especially in summer! Disappointingly, this soap doesn't agree with me. It leaves a weird body odor on me after bathing that I really hate, not to mention the chill on my wet skin(even in summer, chill is chill.......) Cleansing power is good though. I will not re-purchase.
Note: I almost forgot to mention the bizarre messages from Dr. Bronner in small print all over the bottle, makes you think. LOL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 8:08:00 AM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this soap..actually I love the whole line from Dr Bronner...it is a tad drying but nothing makes me feel cleaner..esp in the summer...loooove this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 8:33:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've long been a fan of Dr. B's bar soaps and have bought the liquid variety on occasion,then I saw a recent review for this and my local health food store had this on sale,so I picked up a bottle.As a previous poster said,this cleans mu brushes like no tomorrow.Keep in mind 2 things-this is a CASTILLE soap,such as Lifebuoy and the like,so no,its not going to be gentle!,and read the label-it says dilute! about 2 or 3 times in a row.Peppermint oil is VERY strong as I have dabbled in essential oils for years and straight up it can be pretty caustic for the skin.It's not a good idea to get it near your more delicate parts unless you plan on singing soprano for the opera any time soon.As a good all around cleanser for body and home,well worth it for the amount you get and the dilution ratio.I will repurchase if I ever run out of this huge bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 2:42:00 AM More reviews by tiredfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, okay, the packaging is a little nutty with all the quasi-religious manifestos, but the important you should read is the DILUTE part. If you're finding it harsh that may be the problem. I only use it straight as a handwash, anything else and it's too strong.

I've used this stuff for all sorts of things, from cleaning the house to the shower. The fresh mint scent will cut through any smell, including cat spray, and you only need two capfuls per bucket at most.

Once in awhile I use it as a shampoo, but be careful. If it gets into certain...er...private bits...it's VERY minty.