July 31, 2014 | 1827 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 2:42:00 AM More reviews by tiredfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, okay, the packaging is a little nutty with all the quasi-religious manifestos, but the important you should read is the DILUTE part. If you're finding it harsh that may be the problem. I only use it straight as a handwash, anything else and it's too strong.

I've used this stuff for all sorts of things, from cleaning the house to the shower. The fresh mint scent will cut through any smell, including cat spray, and you only need two capfuls per bucket at most.

Once in awhile I use it as a shampoo, but be careful. If it gets into certain...er...private bits...it's VERY minty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I developed a sensitivity to many of the chemicals in most mainstream cosmetics, and I was at a loss about what to do because I'm a product junkie. I love trying out things. I discovered this soap in bar and liquid form at Whole Foods. For a person with oily skin and hair, the Peppermint is the BEST!!! Especially during the summer months. The lemon soap has a tightening and detoxifying effect. It's a great replacement for the cellulite cream I had to give up, especially when mixed with seaweed oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 7:22:00 PM More reviews by jessied007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok i like this soap better in the liquid form as the soap bar really dries out my skin. i use it on my body and not my face becuz it dries it out too much, however my sister who has oily skin swears by it. actually her got better after she started using it. i guess the amount of oil your skin produces will make or break your opinion about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 3:32:00 PM More reviews by honkytonkangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How can you not love a soap that comes with a disturbingly entertaining manifesto on the bottle? It's great for those of use oily-skinned girls who are unfortunate enough to live in the humid-assed deep south. The peppermint lingers just long enough to tingle while you're using it, then disappears when rinsed, so as to avoid competing w/ perfume. All you feel/smell when you're done is clean, clean, clean. ALL ONE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 9:47:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

i LOVE this stuff! unfortunately i found out i'm allergic to peppermint oil, but i still use this well diluted and it's fine when i want a pick me up! i wash my dog with it, my bathroom counters with it, my makeup brushes with it (BOY does this work better than all the fancy washes i was buying for them), use it for tub time when the kid's sinuses are bothering them...this stuff has a million uses! great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by somesuch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dr. Bronner, will you marry me?
This is a wonderful product. It's inexpensive, lasts forever, the bottle is great fun to read in the shower, and smells like candy.
My local food co-op offers this in bulk, so I can (and do) re-use the same bottle again and again. Extra points for responsible packaging.
Please remember, this soap must be diluted! I use an even less soap to water ratio than recommended, and it works just fine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The main ingredient in Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps is "saponified coconut oil," which can be many things including sodium lauryl sulfate. (SLS and its gentler cousin SLES, sodium laureth sulfate, can be coconut derived or synthetic. I've seen this sort of vague ingredient list on pet shampoos, but I thought people products had to be more specific.) The label says that the soap contains three or more times as much coconut oil as other liquid soaps--this is a strong detergent cleanser with a thin consistency. I find it to be harsh and drying to the skin, similar to a more watery dish detergent. It's perfect if you are super-grimy and need something to cut the grease and dirt, but otherwise it's too strong for me. The fragrance is a personal thing, but to me it's not a clean smell. An earlier reviewer suggested that the profits go to charity, but nothing on the label suggests that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2005 9:08:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh! I can not fathom WHY people like these products. (Unless you are a hippie, or simply do not care about premature aging, or have SUCH dirty, nasty, oily skin that you need to be sandblasted.) This soap STRIPS away everything - good and bad - and that is NOT GOOD for those of us who want to fight off the effects of aging. Do NOT use this on your face and be very careful using it on your body. HARSH, HARSH, HARSH.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2005 9:08:00 AM More reviews by spaflam