December 19, 2014 | 1541 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LolaPS

PROS:
-Your face literally looks airbrushed after using
-pores will vanish
-doesn't look powdery
-feels light on the skin. Powder is finely milled--feels like velvet.

CONS:
--color is slightly off. I am NC30 and the best choice for me was Natural Beige. It is slightly too grey on me, but close to a perfect match.
--messy to apply since it is a loose powder.
--Irritates my eyes. (If you are a contact lens wearer or have sensitive eyes, I suggest that you be very careful not to get this product in your eye while you are blending. It can be very irritating to the sensitive eye.)

FOR REFERENCE:
I am Asian with light/medium yellow undertones (NC30). I have combination skin that's highly prone to acne. A picture is in my profile.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by yumich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first time to use mineral makeup. I usually use Clinique Dermawhite pressed powder but have been hearing about mmu so I thought I'd give it a try. When I first bought this, it was in the wrong shade (the SA didn't recommend the right color) and since I was new on how to apply loose powder, I used their face brush which made it look thick and cakey on my face. I applied the tinted moisturizer first (a sample they gave), then the powder. The powder basically clumped all over my face...and to top it off, since it was in the wrong shade, my face color looked darker than the rest of my body. So, I went back and got the best match (natural beige--the first one was tender rose). I also bought the finishing brush as well. This made such a big difference on my face--it looked flawless! The 2nd time around, the SA gave me the mineral primer as a sample, so I use moisturizer, tinted moisturizer, primer then the powder. My husband even noticed that I looked good, so that obviously made me like the product even more. Since then, I also bought the finishing powder which is like a magic powder! I LOVE it! The combination of LM products was well worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by lippychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the "best" mineral powder foundation I have ever used. I've tried so many different brands of mineral make-ups, and was always disappointed, UNTIL I tried Laura Mercier! This mineral powder leaves my skin looking "flawless" and "natural". It feels so good on the skin (not heavy). I have sensitive and oily/combination skin and this product does not cause any breakouts! I think if you want to give mineral make-up a try, you will be very happy with this one! I am so pleased to read that other Women out there are as excited and so pleased with this product as I am. My quest for the best mineral make-up is finally over, thanks to Laura Mercier!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best powder foundation that I've ever used, most definitely HG material for me. I've been using mineral foundation for more than 5 years. I started with Bare Escentuals and was okay with it enough to repurchase it a couple times, and I've also experimented with Everyday Minerals' different formulas, Palladio's wet/dry, and Lancome's Dual Finish...I never thought there was much of a difference among them. A Sephora SA tried LM's mineral on me and I was skeptical that this would be any different, however, this one blows them all out of the water. For the rest of the day I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror. This makes my skin look flawless, and I never imagined that was possible as I'm challenged with hyperpigmentation and acne scars. I also love how easy it is to travel with this since I can close the sifter holes, it's a much better design than the BE sifter jars. I feel pretty, and that is definitely worth the price of this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by eileenvill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, my skin gets very oily throughout the day and my face is acne-proned. I have been using BE for over 2 years now but I have just had it with the results, leaving my face super shiny and greasy. I have been wanting to try Laura Mercier but I was hesistant due to the breakouts its been causing on some girls. So I risked it anyway and ended up buying the mineral powder foundation in rich vanilla along with the mineral oil primer and moisturizer. The results? Less oily! Less greasy! The primer really helps set the minerals on your face to last long all day without having to blot frequently. Heck, my boyfriend even noticed how GREAT it looked bc there was a big difference from BE's shiny look to Laura's matte, au natural look. Laura puts BE to shame! Coverage is great as it hides my acne scars really well and leaves my face looking almost close to smooth. I had a hard time dealing with coverage with BE so that says a lot. But one thing...

I did break out on my cheeks and I havent broke out like this for awhile. However, after a few weeks into the foundation, my skin is definitely getting used to the change. Thank goodness I have a great (but pricey) acne skincare line to control my breakouts and counter mineral makeup. I absolutelly love this foundation. All in all, I think I am almost there in finding my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by snakehips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after deciding that mineral makeup is my only chance for wearing foundation, and this seemed like my best bet. It was hard to find a match for my fair skin, one seemed too yellow, the other too dark and pink toned. I think I went with the dark/pink one. I wore it for a while in the summer, then got tired of my foundatin not matching. I didn't really like the coverage, I had to use lots of powder. I used a primer under mine, otherwise it didn't go on smoothly. I liked the packaging, but overall, I wouldn't buy again. Other mineral makeup is less expensive and feels better on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by c0rb1ere

I'm so sorry this doesn't work for me - it has such rave reviews here. I'm on the hunt for my perfect mineral make-up. I've tried BE (made my skin dry and flaky), Elizabeth Arden (nice feel but light coverage - probably my favourite so far though) and Lancome Tropique (yuk!). I purchased the LM foundation and bronzer this week and simpy could not make it work for me. It just seemed to sit on my skin and highlight ALL my imperfections (pores, spots, lines). I arranged for the LM rep to show me how to use it when she visted Space NK - a further £150 later I left the shop thinking maybe I would be able to go home and make it work for me. Nope - even with the primer I'd just bought it just shifts around on my skin and looks awful. I'll keep it in my cupboard and try it again in a few months. The hunt goes on...!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been trying to use mineral makeup's for the past 3 or 4 years, never found one that just worked with my skin to cover what is needed and enhance the look of my skin.

After reading reviews on MUA, I tried a sample from Sephora of this in Real Sand and can say this is PERFECT. The search is finally over - no more wasting money!! It covers nicely without looking masky, it has a a natural finish (not too matte, not too shiny for my combo skin). I do blot mid-day but I have to with any foundation. Love the look and the color Real Sand is a nice neutral match for my light skin (NC 20/25 for reference).

So glad I found this product and didn't give up on mineral makeup. Love this and will be purchasing the full-size when my sample runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by anniehelena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. Coverage is buildable. It evens out skin tone and gives a natural finish. I like Laura Merciers shades. I use Tender Rose which is rather pink, it works very well even though my skin tone is on the yellow side, somehow it looks like a perfect match. I have tried other brands of Mineral Foundation, like BE and EM. I like them, but Laura Mercier looks better on my skin. I apply with a kabuki brush, usually Laura Mercier or BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by rabbito

I have a combination/acne-prone skin who have been searching for the right Mineral Foundation. Eventually, here it comes. I have tried many mineral foundation from other brands, i.e. Prescriptive, Bare Minerals, Dior, Lancome, and MAC. None of those could serve my needs, even if all of Mineral Foundations are claimed to be so pure and good for the skin.

The coverage is buildable which gives you a perfect and what I would call "just right" matte finish. It won't clog my pore and yes, with this product, I can see that my skin is not dramatically improve cause I would look for better result from the actual skin care like serums to boost my skin condition. As a mineral foundation, it works at its best to cover imperfections and give you a clear and natural matte finish that won't make you a "cake face". All in all, I would highly recommend this product. Plus, it is now comes in a better compact version, in which it would make your dressing table dusty and full of the mineral foundation when you bust it! Try it and you'll love it. Tips* Make sure that you wash your brush on regular basis, that would prevent you from breakouts.