December 22, 2014 | 1482 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

My daughter and I both use this foundation, her in the Opal, lightest shade, and me in the Nude, which I have to blend with some Opal to lighten it up. It is a bit heavy and opaque which is great for covering imperfections, but you can lighten this up by mixing a dab with Vichy Lumineuse tinted moisturizer or applying with a foundation brush on a very well moisturized face. I love the quality of this product and the results, and the fact that it is so highly pigmented you only need a small amount. I tend to stray, but always come back to this. Price is also very reasonable, around $28 Canadian. The Dermablend Concealer is also top-notch.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by s0fieee

i can only say that i bought it for the first time 3 years ago and since then i haven't changed foundation. i have bought over 30-40 bottles lol it is just increadibly good. the only minus is the package i don't really like it and the price

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ann5151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I’ve been using this foundation for about a week and I have to say that I am pretty impressed. This foundation will cover any imperfections so flawlessly, really amazing. I am very happy with the way it will provide great coverage without looking cakey. I use a foundation brush to apply it and it works well for me and really, a small amount of this stuff will go a very long way. However, because I do have very oily skin this foundation will not stay on for a long time but then again, with my skin I really do not expect it to (but still it stays on a bit longer than any other foundations I have tried). Either way, I am pretty happy with this foundation and I will continue to use it unless something better comes along in terms of controlling my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

this product is amazing! i use it in bronze and it blends with my skin perfect!
i use loose powder to set it, however my face still gets greasy.
it's $26CAN and i find it well worth it! it contains an SPF of 11 which is good compared to no SPF at all. it even comes with directions on how to use it and the tube itself i find, is user friendly. i was using cover fx, but i found it too heavy and cakey not to mention how oily it made my face. this does make my already oily face, greasy. i mostly use it to cover my under eye circles and it does cake and crease into my fine lines...
it doesnt completely 100% hide my darkness but it gets the job done!

UPDATE
i stop using this for about a year and came back to it. i dont know what i ever saw in this. it doesnt cover my under eye darkness like i said it did above, my cover fx does a way better job. this makes my darkness look gray and worse. terrible for my already oily skin. i wouldnt buy it again. it does help even out and make my cover fx go on and look better.. on it's own, my under eye darkness turns out grey..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Fabulous and the answer to most of my prayers! I was thrilled when I found this, and still am.
I bought the shade Opal, on introductory sale for $17.99 and use it on my sun spots, applied with a foundation brush. It goes on evenly, though must be applied quickly because it is a dry formulation. That being said, I have dry skin and have not had any problems with wear or application and have worn it through the winter. You must use a rich moisturizer and have smooth skin to use this foundation. On occasion I will get dry patches on my cheeks and I cannot use this formulation.

Opal is a very good match for me, and would be perfect with a smidge more yellow! The next shade down is a darker nude that could be mixed to achieve the correct result.
I have stubborn sun spots, freckles and under eye circles and this takes them all away instantly. While I do have the Dermablend Concealer as well, most days I just use the foundation to perform all functions and it does the job just as well. This is an amazing foundation! The concealer is too dry for under my eyes and I can only use is for my nose and chin area.
I have only one complaint (aside from lack of shades) and that's the tube. Because it's opaque I don't know how much is left, though I wager it's a lot. It doesn't let a lot go when I squeeze, just what I need.

I will definitely buy this again. I am curious to know how this measures up against Cover FX. If you can find (or mix) your shade, this is a winner!

I don't wear it over my whole face because the colour isn't perfect, so I wear it over my problem areas and then my HG foundation over the rest and this system is working fine. The finish is very matte, so be prepared for that. I don't love a matte finish, so that's why I use this only on my problem areas.

I may try the cream formulation next, in hopes that it is more moisturizing and gives a more luminous finish. I won't repurchase this, simply because I don't like matte, but it is a winner if you do!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by elenaxanne

This product is amazing! :D I am in my teenage years so like most teens my age i have acne-prone skin, and plus i have uneven colored skin and can look really red according to how hot or cold it is. So I thought I would buy this product since it says that it covers any red in your skin ton you might have, which it totally does! also i was shocked at how little you have to use and i have to disagree with some people who rated this product, i DO NOT think find this foundation is "thick" at all! it might kinda look some what thick when it comes out (there for just use a little tiny amount) and it just spreads like no other foundation i have ever used! it totally covers everything you might want to cover! I love, love love it!
the only thing is how much it costs, since I am use to buying foundations that only cost around $11.00, so the expense of this is a little pricey for me, but i think its going to last a long time so its so worth it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lady_r25

i have keratosis pilaris on my arms and some on my back and struggled with it eversince i gave birth to my 1st baby. i've used mac liquid foundation which is great on my face when i apply make-up but not enough coverage for my arms. i finally bought this product and i'm very happy with it. it's quite a miracle! staying power is good especially if you apply the loose powder. i will definitely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by DJ112

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail! I am a foundation junkie...I've tried literally every (department store) foundation out there. I have a lot of hyperpigmenation from my picking my skin. I know... horrible habit! Anyone I'm always on the search for a foundation with heavy coverage that will not look like a mask ie Estee Lauder Double Wear. There's no other foundation out there quite like this. It's highly pigmented so you don't have to use that much. Thank god. I use to pile on so much foundation that it would rub off on my shirt or jacket. Ewww.
Holy grail. Flawless and naturally looking. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing foundation. I do need to touch up with (mac blot) powder in the afternoon b/c I get a lil greasy. Color selection blows..only four to choose from. I wear the lightest one opal which is little too dark so I blend blend blend. I will buy again and again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While it does make you skin look poreless and flawless, it really leaves it very shiny and greasy. And while the coverage does last all day, anything that touches your face will be left with a smear of foundation on it. I MUCH prefer Revlon's Colorstay. Even the matching Vichy/ Dermablend powder without the foundation, has made me uber oily. Not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Yuck. While the coverage and lasting power is good, this foundation made me incredibly greasy. With any foundation, I usually get a little shiny by lunchtime- with this stuff, I'm reflective within 30 minutes. I had to blot every hour and still the oil came through. This one is going back!! I also had a minor breakout, although I can't be sure this is the culprit. It just felt gross on. Surprisingly, Avon's Perfect Wear foundation does the job much better- good coverage, no oilies, and no irritation.