August 1, 2014 | 1265 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I was worried that since it has coco butter in it.. it would be greasy and not very fast absorbing. I was WRONG... this stuff is not greasy and absorbs very quickly into the skin after showering. I love that the coco butter doesn't smell *too* strong. As for evening out my skin tone, I doubt it does that. It's a great moisturizer even for the summer. Light and not greasy but good for your skin, since it has the coco butter in it. Price is very good as well $5CDN for a huge pump bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this lotion. I bought it because it said cocoa on it and cocoa butter is one of my favourite smells. As a huge fan of Vaseline Intensive Care with Vitamin A&E (which they changed the scent on and made it disgusting and chemical smelling) I have been looking for a replacement Vaseline lotion. I was going to buy the Aloe lotion, but the Cocoa Butter one was a dollar cheaper (they are all very inexpensive lotions for the quality and quantity you get). The smell, although not very cocoa butter-ish is very light, sweet, pleasant, even unisex. The moisturizing qualities far surpass the competition. This lotion actually absorbs into your skin and I can actually feel my skin breathing a sigh of relief. It's not greasy at all, nor does it contain any kind of sparkles or shiny crap. Normally I am an Olay Girl through and through, but as far as drugstore lotions Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion is in a class of its own. This stuff is so good I'm going to go use it right now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

This has the same great "white Chocolate" light scent that the Extra Rich cream I love, but it has less moisture than the cream version, good for warmer months when my skin has more moisture.
The cream version is what I prefer year round though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by stars_and_oceans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

best all purpose lotion ever! i absolutely love it. i have some in my purse, some at work and some by my bed at home. after putting it on, you can feel it for just a minute and then it sinks in and is wonderful! it is my hg body lotion for sure! and it smells yummy too--fabulous

for some reason though, i REALLY hate the cream version in the squeeze tube. it makes my skin feel so nasty! make sure to get the lotion--it's MUCH better!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by kings_20

This is a really good lotion for the price. It is uber cheap and it smells so yummy. It smells like chocolate but it's not so strong that it lasts all day. It fades after a couple of hours which is what I wanted. As for moisturizing, it works well and I have super dry skin. Albeit, it is summer and probably for winter the lotion won't cut it. It also comes in a cream which I have as well and is a bit creamier which might be better for winter. Overall, a great lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a large 725 ml from walmart for $5.99 which lasted me about 4 months, using it 2x/week for an all over body creaming (oops, sounds kind of cheeky, but you get what i mean...)

It smells amazing, it's thick enough to moisturize, if you let it absorb, which it does quickly, it transforms your skin into soft supple yumminess.

I have extremely bad excema which most vaseling moisturizers irritate - however, this one just works! And the smell - like a nice cup of cocoa. Not too strong, just a hint of chocolate. Amazing.

I just ran out (yes you have to remove the pump when you're done and shake out the rest - which was good enough for 2 more weeks) so i'll be heading off to get more soon... can't have dry skin during the summer!

ps. if you mix a drop or two of coconut fragrance oil or peppermint essential oil (dont put a lot - very strong), and rub it on, you end up smelling like choco-coconut or mint chocolate. The former is Great for the summer and the latter is great for winter, especially christmas time. Yes, i have a lot of time on my hands...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kgcurls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to shave daily to avoid itchy legs, and this lotion is IT. I have tried every lotion out there...extra moisturizing, anti-itch, Eucerin, Aveeno, expensive, cheap. I personally love the cocoa-Kahlua smell, and it also gives my skin a sheen. Soft and smooth and moisturized all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Leaves skin sticky afterwards and is hard to put on clothing after! UGH! Do not purchase! Smells good tho!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at my neighborhood grocery store a few days ago,and I LOVE IT!While I usually hate the smell of other cocoa butter's with a passion (Palmers,ew,vomit!),this is amazing..it smells like a light buttery chocolate mudslide!

And it moisturizes like a dream...with or without my jojoba oil,my skin is velvety soft!When I'm done putting this lotion on my skin,I use Secret's new body spray in Kuku Cocoa Butter,and I'm telling you what,you have to beat the guys off with a stick,they love it that much,lol!

But yeah...good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by nicesmile

as a lotion, body wash, shave cream, chap stick, perfume addict and junkie, i think i will use this all summer. i love, the moisturizing quality for such a light lotion, has a few of the ingredients i look for in a body lotion, is cheap as dirt, comes in a flip bottle for travel, does not coat my body with dimethicone and make me sweat at night. i've gotten compliments on how soft my skin is since i've been using this. what i hate is the smell. YUUUUUUUUUCK! it fades by noon but still, it's gross. this is definitely only a summer lotion for me, i could not use this in the winter, probably not even in the fall. but for summer this is perfect just get rid of that god awful spoiled chocolate milk smell.
UPDATE: THIS BREAKS ME OUT. i stopped using this and my face cleared up (no, i don't use it on my face), i used it again and i broke out. i repeated this cycle the next month, same results.