November 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ejeany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great lotion! I love the smell and it moisturizes like a dream. I suggest using it at night though because it can get a little greasy. I had to stop using it because it interfered with my sunless tanner. On the bottle is says that the cocoa butter evens skin tone. It made my sunless tan really blotchy. But other than that, I would definetely recommend it to those who don't use a tanner. But beware, the scent is pretty strong so make sure you like the smell of cocoa butter!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by morningmusume

I'm sorry, but I really don't like this. My body feels sticky after I've put on this and it feels really heavy and takes me a while for it to blend and absorb into my skin. The thing I hate the most about this is the smell of it. I think I'm the only one who doesn't like the smell. It's just so strong and people can smell it when you walk past them. Some of my friends like it, but my family does not. My favourite Vaseline product is Aloe & Naturals and I will keep buying that one instead of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I was worried that since it has coco butter in it.. it would be greasy and not very fast absorbing. I was WRONG... this stuff is not greasy and absorbs very quickly into the skin after showering. I love that the coco butter doesn't smell *too* strong. As for evening out my skin tone, I doubt it does that. It's a great moisturizer even for the summer. Light and not greasy but good for your skin, since it has the coco butter in it. Price is very good as well $5CDN for a huge pump bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this lotion. I bought it because it said cocoa on it and cocoa butter is one of my favourite smells. As a huge fan of Vaseline Intensive Care with Vitamin A&E (which they changed the scent on and made it disgusting and chemical smelling) I have been looking for a replacement Vaseline lotion. I was going to buy the Aloe lotion, but the Cocoa Butter one was a dollar cheaper (they are all very inexpensive lotions for the quality and quantity you get). The smell, although not very cocoa butter-ish is very light, sweet, pleasant, even unisex. The moisturizing qualities far surpass the competition. This lotion actually absorbs into your skin and I can actually feel my skin breathing a sigh of relief. It's not greasy at all, nor does it contain any kind of sparkles or shiny crap. Normally I am an Olay Girl through and through, but as far as drugstore lotions Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion is in a class of its own. This stuff is so good I'm going to go use it right now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

This has the same great "white Chocolate" light scent that the Extra Rich cream I love, but it has less moisture than the cream version, good for warmer months when my skin has more moisture.
The cream version is what I prefer year round though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by stars_and_oceans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

best all purpose lotion ever! i absolutely love it. i have some in my purse, some at work and some by my bed at home. after putting it on, you can feel it for just a minute and then it sinks in and is wonderful! it is my hg body lotion for sure! and it smells yummy too--fabulous

for some reason though, i REALLY hate the cream version in the squeeze tube. it makes my skin feel so nasty! make sure to get the lotion--it's MUCH better!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by kings_20

This is a really good lotion for the price. It is uber cheap and it smells so yummy. It smells like chocolate but it's not so strong that it lasts all day. It fades after a couple of hours which is what I wanted. As for moisturizing, it works well and I have super dry skin. Albeit, it is summer and probably for winter the lotion won't cut it. It also comes in a cream which I have as well and is a bit creamier which might be better for winter. Overall, a great lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a large 725 ml from walmart for $5.99 which lasted me about 4 months, using it 2x/week for an all over body creaming (oops, sounds kind of cheeky, but you get what i mean...)

It smells amazing, it's thick enough to moisturize, if you let it absorb, which it does quickly, it transforms your skin into soft supple yumminess.

I have extremely bad excema which most vaseling moisturizers irritate - however, this one just works! And the smell - like a nice cup of cocoa. Not too strong, just a hint of chocolate. Amazing.

I just ran out (yes you have to remove the pump when you're done and shake out the rest - which was good enough for 2 more weeks) so i'll be heading off to get more soon... can't have dry skin during the summer!

ps. if you mix a drop or two of coconut fragrance oil or peppermint essential oil (dont put a lot - very strong), and rub it on, you end up smelling like choco-coconut or mint chocolate. The former is Great for the summer and the latter is great for winter, especially christmas time. Yes, i have a lot of time on my hands...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kgcurls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to shave daily to avoid itchy legs, and this lotion is IT. I have tried every lotion out there...extra moisturizing, anti-itch, Eucerin, Aveeno, expensive, cheap. I personally love the cocoa-Kahlua smell, and it also gives my skin a sheen. Soft and smooth and moisturized all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Leaves skin sticky afterwards and is hard to put on clothing after! UGH! Do not purchase! Smells good tho!