Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Before I heard of this on MUA I had used the Yogurt Mask only once to soothe a sunburn. Its brilliant work should have given me a heads up.

I have never used anything so magnificent on my face.I have very oil and acne prone skin. I use Fage full fat yogurt and it works wonders. When I put it on, my face is oily, red and maybe a bit flaky, and when i wash it off 15 minutes later my face is transformed into completely balanced and soft skin. It even shrins white heads.

I use different variations of the mask depending on what else I have at hand. I usually use 1 generous tbsp. of yogurt. Then I add salt, lemon and viegar on oily days or honey on dry days. I like to put it only very thick, so the full fat version is best for me. I really don't like it when it dries completely because it is more difficult to wash off. The smell was funny the first time, but you honestly get used to it. I don't even notice it anymore.

It also makes a delicious dessert if you have any leftover, just add honey and berries!

i applied this on my red bumps, after a few mins the redness were all gone.. it really does soothes the skin.. i also use this as my mask and i love it too.. i think it really exfoliates my face.. i love milk stuffs so much! smells good and very natural!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I enjoy using a mask with Greek yogurt, a little lemon juice, and a squeeze of honey about once a week. Be sure to rinse with cold water to lock in all of that great moisture and plumpness you just got from the mask. My skin is rosy and glowing after using this mask. It is especially great for hot summer days, but I use year-round.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i bought it and as grossed out as i was to put it on, i did. it did nothing.. didnt make my face soft, didnt shrink my pores. just made me smell like yogurt. i wouldnt bother doing this again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use yogurt as cleanser..that's the best facial cleanser ever, my face stop breaking out..althought during time of the month I still get 1 or 2 which would go away overnight. As using it as facial mask, it was HUGE mistake..I just left it for few minutes, suddenly my face felt itchy, I washed my face right away, and left my face red..like a maryland steamed crab. At the beginning using yogurt as cleanser, my face still reacted red but the redness go away after few mins, gradually the skin grew accustom to yogurt and I have never had problem ever.

I decided to try this not expecting anything. Well my pores look smaller after just one mask! I always have yogurt in the house, so I plan to use this often. Wow! I can't use most masks because they make me break out. What a nice surprise. This really is the best site for information!

Okay, I'm giving this 4 lippies at the moment because its cheap, it feels nice when you put the cool yogurt on, and so far, I've only done it once but I'm starting to see a difference! My pale skin looks less sickly and a few pimples I have are looking much less red! I only gave it 4 because its a little hard to get off, but it will definitely gain back that little lippie if I keep seeing results, as I am DEFINITELY going to try this again!
I'll update later, thanks!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love plain yogurt as a facial mask. I use whatever plain yogurt I happen to have in my fridge: Greek, regular, full-fat, low-fat, fat-free. I don't add any other ingredients because my skin is very sensitive and even plain honey as a mask irritates it. In fact, I was wary of trying the yogurt mask because I'd had no luck with the honey mask, but my skin loves a plain yogurt mask. I apply it to dry, clean skin, leave it on for about ten minutes, and then remove it with a damp washcloth. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized. My skin looks plumper (in a good way--not swollen!), and blackheads and large pores seem less noticeable. I try to use this once a week, though I don't always remember or have plain yogurt on hand. This is one of the few home remedies that works for my sensitive skin, and I can't rave enough about it.

Yesterday, something in my fridge saved me a great deal of pain and embarrassment when it came to my skin. I love you, Fage Complete Greek yogurt!

I am currently using the potent product called Acne Stop ( 10% salicylic acid/ 5% lactic acid ). I applied it to my face with a cotton round, and then without thinking, I started putting it on my neck (dumb, I know, but I use toner after cleansing, so force of habit). My face felt the normal sting, but the pain felt on my neck was unbearable. I flushed the skin under cold water for a few minutes, but it didn't help the hurt or redness. Next, I applied some milk-soaked cotton rounds, but my skin still looked awful. I had to leave the house in 30 minutes, so in a final act of desperation, I slathered Fage Complete all over my neck. I left it on for about 15-20 minutes. It felt wonderful- so cooling and soothing. When I rinsed it off, I was amazed....my skin looked as if nothing had ever happened. Redness and pain gone, and it was even smoother and creamier to boot.

This was not the first time I've used yogurt ask a mask; I've made asprin/Fage masks before, and I always love the results. It leaves my skin very smooth and bright. My skin is on the oily side and can be clog prone, and the mask helps loosen the junky stuff so it can be easily extracted. It is very moisturizing, so I think that a plain Fage mask would be great for dry skin. Also, this would be ideal for soothing sunburn. After seeing how it helped my skin yesterday, I had to write a review. I buy it at Kroger or Target, and besides doing great things for my skin, it tastes divine (IMO). Give this a go next time your skin acts up. continued >>

I generally try to avoid masks because I've had allergic reactions in the past, but I decided to try the yogurt mask last night. I used fat free greek style yogurt (it's much thicker than normal yogurt, and stayed on really well) mixed with some honey. The mask ended up making me feel slightly dry (although it wasn't dry enough to bother me), but it also left my face feeling tighter, evened out my skin tone, and reduced the acne I had. Needless to say I shall be working this into my routine.

Popular Masks