November 28, 2014 | 1980 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by yessika29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very dry-sensitive skin. I can't use any regular store product due to most of them having so many chemicals so usually for the most part they all make me break in a horrible face rash so I decided to lookup in here for something more natural and I came across the yogurt mask..I use the Organic Greek Plain Yogurt and WAO!!! The results are amazing...I had a rash on my face due to using some makeup remover face wipes and by using the yogurt as a mask it made all the redness go away. I leave it on for about 10-15 mins. And then remove it using a washcloth and my face feels smooth, refreshed and even...This stuff can really even out my skin something than no other product has been able to do. My makeup looks even better on after using yogurt as a mask. I also at times use some raw honey with it and it feels good too. The only thing I'm not to keen about this is the smell it kind of smells like having sour cream on my face but because of the results I am more than ok to keep using it. I don't think I would ever buy store products again as long as I have this. I'll update if anything changes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, oily skin that's under treatment for all-over acne (blackheads, whiteheads, comodones, cystic, you name it and I've had it in the past 3 months.) Skin board rec'd this after I asked whether the pricey probiotic moisturizer the spa rec'd me was worth it. So since I had some greek yogurt in the fridge anyway, I tried it that night...mixed some up w/some lemon juice and slathered it on after my shower, and left it for about 10-15 minutes. I can't tell after one use if it'll have any long-term effects, but after rinsing my skin seemed very calm and soothed and felt like velvet :) I also noticed that some of my flakeys were reduced.

I think I'll keep doing this just cause it feels nice, it's inexpensive (I always have yogurt around anyway), and my skin seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is seriously changing my skin. I've used this three times now and my skin is glowing--I can't recall the last time my skin had this kind of glow and was this clear...seriously! I debated not putting make-up on today my skin has been looking so good (even considered not wearing eye make-up..*gasp!!*) This is incredible! Thank you sooo much MUA!!!

04/04/2011: Returned back to this after some experimentation with other lines, trying to go more natural and work with my skin instead of against it. I am sorry I ever stopped using this, but for a period of a few years (inbetween reviews) I switched over to HE skincare, with all it's bells and whistles. Overpriced and underperforming. Recently, switched over to a cleansing oil (Origins, love it), have to still cleanse rather fastidiously afterwrds, which was drying my skin out at tad. This yogurt mask returned it to it's calmer, prewashed state. Still debating this as a cleanser, mask over non-cleansed skin, but for now, this settles my skin after cleansing, calms the redness, seems to clean outt he pores w/o stripping and leaves behind a film that feels very kind and protective. Occasionally will add lemon or aspirin, if really cranky breakout, but otherwise, can't say enough good things about this mask.

My skin is combo [oily/dry] sensitive, red, breakout/clog prone with fine lines really starting to appear. This one attacks them all (no joke), which is something NO manufactured product has ever come close to doing (except for my John Masters Organics Pomegranate Seed Oil, but that's for tx, not cleansing).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by budas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really have to admit, I did not think this would work for my skin. I have recently moved from the beach to the country and the lack of humidity has completely dried my skin out. I have been breaking out terribly, and treating my skin has left it parched and cracked. I took a scoop of yogurt and mixed it with some predissolved aspirin, let it sit for about 15 minutes, added some water to make a light scrub, and then rinsed. I followed with my normal lotion. This morning, my skin FEELS incredible. I have a few flakes, but the cracked skin is completely gone. Seriously, I almost cannot stop touching my face. I have been using a plain aspirin mask for a year now, and have LOVED it, but this is even better. THIS IS THE BEST SITE EVER....There are soooo many products that I have read about on here before buying to know whether it was worth the money. Another win!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always eat plain yogurt so thought i would give this a try. It made my skin feel soft after I rinsed it off. I wasn't too surprised by this. I feel like after rinsing any kind of mask, your skin tends to feel softer. It felt nice while I had it on though. Very cool and calming. I'll keep using it to see if it does help to bleach the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never in my life think to put yogurt on my face if it wasn't for MUA. After using whole fat Greek style yogurt every other day for probably over a month now, I can honestly say that I don't see myself buying a single mask, scrub, or face exfoliator anytime soon. I just scoop out about one or two teaspoons using a plastic knife, plop it in my palm, rub my hands together, and apply it to my face. I leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse using my regular facial cleanser, as otherwise I smell like yogurt. My skin has gotten progressively and noticeably smoother, softer, and brighter--I just love it! I've also tried mixing in honey and dissolved aspirin, but honestly, it tends to make things messier and I get great results from the yogurt all on its own anyway. I most definitely recommend yogurt as an amazing face mask.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bcoolnchil

Yogurt is so cheap and effective. I just slather any kind on (nonfat works but can drip) and watch an episode of Friends or Sex and the City. When I wash this off, it gives immediately noticeable results of moisturized skin, minimized appearance of pores, soothing of redness or irritation like pimples or hot, dry red cheeks, and it soaks up excess oil. This is great for any skin type and I highly recommend this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by nayaduli

This is a brilliant idea of giving your skin a boost, yet it's very cost effective, tks to you all~

First I used only yogurt and found that it was dripping a bit, and struggling a bit, and finally came up with a nice recipe (??) that could stay on my face for a while safely.

You could add a bit of greentea powder (powder type can be purchased from Asian market), it acts as an antioxidant and you know they add them a lot in many beauty products out there. It also helps to clear your complexion and has some vitamins too. Efficient way of boosting your skin when mixed with yogurt.

I also suggest you to exfoliate your skin before applying any masks to work better.

The successful version of mask I tried:
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1/2 tablespon of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of greentea power
- add a bit of honey (1/2 tablespoon) if you want to, it soothes and hydrates skin

I leave it on for 5-15 minutes depending on what I want, or simply massage for a minute or two and then wash off when I don't have much time, and yes this does a great job, my skin feels soft and hydrated. Try and Enjoy :)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by melodypristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW. I have only used this once so I cannot tell whether or not this will break me out, but I was astonished at how quickly this mask zaps redness and soothes irritation. My skin has been growing steadily drier and more sensitive as I get older, but I still haven't quite grown out of my volatile teenage skin. My skin is constantly acne-prone and angry with me for using make-up to hide the acne-it's ridiculous! I decided to try this out of sheer desperation for SOMETHING to work. After one use, my skin was amazingly not red AT ALL. I haven't seen my face look like that since elementary school! I have never seen a topical product of any kind work such miracles in 20 minutes. I will continue trying this and I hope, hope, hope that this does not break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by campasianspice

I have gone through a vial of olive oil, a tub of organic honey, and a bottle of aspirin... none of these have been THAT successful for me. I have tried plain yogurt 3x and am determining the results. I have big pores and rash-like adult acne at my temples. The yogurt calms down the itchyness and redness but by no means is it my miracle worker. I will keep using this for a while to see if yogurt will become my HG.