October 24, 2014 | 1810 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this and can't really complain. Its only a buck! The formula is the same for the mascara and the brow gel. I think, like someone else said, it was separated due to sanitary purposes. However, I don't like clear mascara on my lashes because mine are so light... so I have only used this for my brows. The wand in the eyebrow side is more squared off on the edge where the lash side is pointed more...but... over all, same exact effect received when using on the brows. Will I purchase again? Sure! My only complaint is that there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of product for each end, but...for one dollar, is that REALLY worthy of complaint? haha

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kyliemou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First off, I do not pluck my eyebrows nor do I trim them. I don't like thin eyebrows; I like having thick and rich eyebrows. But having thick eyebrows sometimes mean it can get bushy or just unruly.

For the cheap price, I find this clear mascara does a good job for my eyebrows. I am not quite sure about the staying power because since I do not touch my eyebrows throughout the day, when I use the gel in the morning, my eyebrows stay neat. It is good to use when your eyebrows just aren't cooperating. I'm not sure if it's because of the product or because my eyebrows are too damn much, but I find that I get dust particles stuck in my eyebrows all the time.

The only problem is this gel seems to be ineffective for my thin lashes. In the middle of the day, I notice my eyelashes have fallen limp or are no longer separated.

I do like how the product is separated in two (even though it's the same exact product on both sides) to be sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this !..does the job for only a buck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ShesDeadlyPoison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! For a dollar, I can't believe it works so well! And it has a decent amount of product in it as well. I would definitely recommend this. I only use it on my brows and my brows have longish hair in them. It keeps them in place all day and it doesn't look weird and shiny like some other products have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Andreax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE this product! I only use them for my brows, cause i use better mascara but it definetley tames your brows and keeps them in place. I will SO repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I use both of these on my eyebrows only and they work well. The price is right on it and it works. I have always loved clear mascara on my eyebrows to set them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by josefinarod

the elf clear mascara works wonders. i use black mascar and when sometimes it turns out clumpy i use this to fix it n it is perfect :) definately will buy again. i bought this in a package that came with the lash curler, smudger, goldish eyeliner, n eyeshadow;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great stuff. I don't wear mascara. Again one of those things i never really master and i don't care for mascara all that much anyway) this stuff is goof proof and so what if i wipe my eyes.....not mess ups. Sometimes if i want a more define look i coat my lashes with this stuff and then i take black shawdow (which is also buy elf) and powder my lashes with it and then i coat them again. the look of mascara with out the feel of it actully having it on.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I use both sides for my brows since I don't understand the point of clear mascara. Anyway, gel is super cheap, so ELF is probably overcharging us with that dollar price, haha. But that said, the product actually works since they don't have to skimp on ingredients. I'll probably just buy a little bottle of clear gel and refill the little spoolie containers when I finish them.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by wildimportgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really hoped that this would've work out. I bought the elf "eyebrow treat and tame" and liked it, so I thought this would be something similar but clear. Turned out it does nearly nothing to the brows. It does not hold, it doesn't do anything... really. It does the same effect as putting lotion/water on the brows.